Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love Chp.1

Unlikely match

“Two minutes, Rach!” I heard Tom yell into the ladies room.

“I know, I know.” I said, leaning over the toilet. I was deciding whether or not to puke up the dinner I had just eaten so I wouldn’t feel so fat. On the one hand, I’d feel better if I could just throw up. But on the other hand, I didn’t want to get vomit all over the Louis Vuitton dress I was wearing. I could hear the music from outside blaring all the way in here, and I knew I was going to have to hurry up.

“If you’re in there trying to make yourself sick, I’m gonna kill you, Rachael Banes. I’m not bluffing. I didn’t buy you that dinner just so you could hack it back up.” I laughed loud enough for him to hear. He should know my now that I only threw up every once in a while. I had suffered through bulimia once when I was nineteen. I was still sort of getting over it. But what model didn’t have some eating disorder nowadays?

“No. I’m coming.” I said. I stood up and walked out of the bathroom. Tom was waiting outside for me, big surprise. Tom is my best friend. We’ve been through thick and thin, and I truly loved him in some ways. I knew he felt the same.

“Come on, Rach, they’re going to fire you if you’re not walking down that runway in…” He looked at his watch “Thirty seconds.”

I ran through the dressing room backstage, and got in line with the other girls that were modeling. As we stepped through a man checked me to make sure everything was perfect, which it was, and then he sent me off on stage. By the time the nerves really hit, I was already strutting down the runway.

“Rachael! Oh, my god! It’s Rachael Banes!!!” I loved hearing the sound of the crowd screaming my name. My adrenaline kicked in overdrive and before I knew it, I had switched to my other person.

Just to fill you in, I have two different versions of myself. There is my model version, which is sweet, classy, and charming. And she always says all the right things. That is the way the public views me. Then there is my normal version who is boring, nervous, and caring. I prefer my model version, but that only comes when I’m walking down the runway.

When I finally got back to the curtain, Tom was waiting for me. I embraced him and he held on tight.

“You did so great, Rach.” He said. “You were beautiful.”

I chuckled. “Thank you, sir. Now, what time is the after party?” I wondered.

“We can head there now if you like.” He put his arm through mine and led me to my dressing room so I could change.

When we finally got to the party, it was packed. “I’ll see you later.” I said to Tom as I spotted him eyeing a group of women.

He just nodded and walked over to them. I shook my head and walked to the bar.

When I finally found an open stool, I sat down. The bartender walked over to me and I gave him my order. A great goose martini on the rocks. That’s what I always got.

Just when I was about to get settled in, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a man about my age with messy brown hair. His cheekbones were really high on his face, and I have to admit he was pretty hot. He looked really familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was just… Well, I was sitting there.” He said in a British accent. For some reason that surprised me. I didn’t know why. We were in London, after all. I just wasn’t used to it yet.

“Oh. No, no. I’m sorry.” I said, blushing. I paused, waiting for him to reply, but he just stood there gawking at me. I got down from the stool and started to walk away.

“Hey.” His hand grabbed my elbow and stopped me. “At least let me buy you a drink.” His hand was still on my arm, and for some stupid reason it made me blush again. He released my arm as I climbed on the seat next to him.

The bartender came over with my Martini, and I sipped it and puckered my lips. I hadn’t drank in so long.

He chuckled at my face. “My name is Robert by the way.” He held out his hand. “Robert Pattinson.”

Oh. My. God. I knew this guy. He was the one everyone was talking about. The one from Twilight. That’s why he looked familiar. His face was plastered on almost every sign in this country. I let out a sigh. Great. I thought.

He waited patiently for me to answer. “I’m Rachael Banes.” I said. A look of shock crossed his face.

“You were the model at the Louis Vuitton fashion show, weren’t you? The one everyone was screaming for.”

I blushed and looked at my drink. “Yeah. That’s me.” I looked back up at him. “And you’re the kid from Twilight. The one everyone goes crazy over.”

This time he was the one who blushed. “Yup. Guilty.” I laughed.

“Well, Robert,” I said, shaking his hand “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“You too.” I tried to pull my hand away, but he held onto it for a moment, then he let go. He looked kind of embarrassed.

I couldn’t help but notice he was drinking beer. Just simple beer. No fancy drinks. “So, what brings you to London?” he asked me.

“Uhhh,” I said stupidly. Should I really be telling a complete stranger why I’m in town? Aww, what the hell, why not? “I’m in town for the fashion show tonight, and another in about a week.” I said. “But I think I’m gonna stay here a few more months. I kinda need a vacation.”

“Yeah, me too. L.A sort of gets old after a while.” He smiled and took a sip of beer. I stared at him for a few moments, really trying to get a feel for this guy. He seemed really nice, and he was so gorgeous.

We continued talking like that all night. Just simple things, nothing too personal, yet I felt like I told him my whole life story. Sometimes I would feel like I was taking advantage of the conversations and deliberately shut my mouth so he could tell me more about himself. I don’t know what it was about him, but I really wanted to know him. Wanted him to know me.

The truth is, he fascinated me. He could play the guitar, the piano, and he can sing. I was so mesmerized by the fact that he was into the creative arts. I always had respect for those people.

“Well, I believe this bar is going to close soon.” Robert said, looking at his watch. “Where are you staying?”

“The Rose & Crown. It’s not too far from here.” I climbed off the stool and walked forward drunkenly. I was really starting to feel those martinis. I tripped over my own feet, and Robert caught me before I bashed my face off a nearby table.

“You’d better let me help you get there.” He said, putting his arm around my waist and supporting most of my weight.

“Oh, no. I wouldn’t want to be a burden.” I said, trying unsuccessfully to shake off his arm.

He held me tighter. “It’s really quite fine. I’m staying there, too.” I didn’t know if it was the alchahol or me that liked that fact.

When we finally got back to the hotel, I could barely remember my room number. So many hotels, such little time. When we got to my room, I pulled the key out of my purse. “Thank you for helping me home, Rob.” I said. “I had fun talking to you tonight.”

“No problem.” he said. “I had fun.” I slid the key through the door and it clicked open. I stepped inside.

“Wait.” Rob caught the door with his hand. I looked at his face and it was…eager? I couldn’t tell. “Maybe we should, ummm. You know? Exchange numbers?”

I was frozen with shock for a moment. Was this guy asking me for my phone number? Then I was happy. Really happy. He wanted my number. Robert Pattinson, the most desirable man in the world, wanted my number.

“Oh, yeah, sure.” I said after a moment of letting him sweat. “Here” I pulled my card out of my purse and handed it to him.

“Here is mine.” He said, handing the piece of paper to me. I was about to shut the door when I thought of a question.

“What’s your room number?” I asked him.

“305B.” He said. I turned around and started walking into my apartment.

“Oh, Rachael?” he asked. I turned around and gasped. His face was so close to mine. How did he get so close so fast?

He smiled; he was obviously amused by catching me by surprise. “Good Night.” He whispered, his sweet breath blowing into my face.

I was so shocked for a second that I was almost too late to return his farewell. “Good night.” I whispered. Then he walked away.

I shut the door and sank to the ground. My head was throbbing, and my ears were ringing. I couldn’t tell if it was from what just happened, or the amount of martinis I’d consumed.

When I finally crawled under the sheets, I started thinking. I really liked Robert. A lot. He was a truly nice guy. I could imagine myself dating him… which was odd for me. I usually deliberately stayed away from the opposite sex. It was just so weird. I’ve never felt that way before. I let my mind wander until I finally drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you like it, message me and tell me! Thnx 4 reading!!