Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love Chp.3

I really had a great time with you today, Rob.” I said as I unlocked my hotel door with the little plastic card.

“I did as well.” He smiled.

I was about to walk into the room when I thought of something.

“Hey, uh. Do you want to come in?” I asked nervously, scared of his reaction.

He just smiled crookedly. “I thought you weren’t going to ask.” He chuckled as he stepped into my hotel room.

“That’s me.” I said, watching him closely. “Always doing what no one expects.” It had been a long time since I’d had any man other than Tom in my room-alone. The thought made my stomach churn.

He smiled and walked over to my couch. “Why don’t you come sit by me?” he asked, pulling me along.

As soon as we sat down on the couch, I could feel the electricity between us intensify. It had been waiting there all day, but now it was in overdrive. I scooted farther away from him so it would be easier. He frowned and seemed offended that I would do such a thing.

“Why do you keep doing that?” he asked, frowning with each word.

“Doing what?”

“Every time I get close to you, you move.” He said angrily.

I looked down. He wasn’t having that. He pulled my chin up with his finger and held my face gingerly for a few moments. “What is wrong, Rach?” he asked, using my nickname.

“I, uhh.” I stuttered. He looked at me through big blue eyes that made me blurt out the truth. “It’s just been so long since I’ve been with a guy.”

He chuckled knowingly. “I’m not going to force myself upon you.” He said gingerly, reaching to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. “I’ll wait as long as you want.”

“Why?” I asked, confused.

“Why what?”

“Why did you say ‘You’ll wait as long as I want?’ Are you planning on staying with me?” I asked, blushing at the last part.

“I was hoping to.” He said. Now he was confused. “Don’t you want me to as well?” The question made my stomach churn.

“I don’t know.” I said honestly, hanging my head again. “I just met you, Robert.” I used his full name. “And if this is just some ploy to get into my pants, it’s not going to work.” I looked up at him seriously.

His face held so much anger and hurt in that moment that I was breathless. He looked so offended. “Why would you ever think that?” he asked, running his fingers through his hair. “Rachael look at me. I really like you. I want to get to know you better.” I smiled and he smiled in return.

“I don’t even know you.” I said.

“I want you to know me.” I said back. I looked him straight on in the face. “My middle name is Thomas. I have a scar above my eye where my friend hit me with his bag. My mother and father are still together, and live here in London. My sisters Lizzie and Victoria are both musicians, and already have small singing careers. When I was twelve years old, I was kicked out of my school for hitting a kid. My father went through a drinking faze and I witnessed him smack my mother when I was only fourteen. I have one dog, Sally, and she’s a Boston Terrier. My favorite food is the orange chicken you get at some of those Chinese restaurants.” He stopped to take a breath, and that’s when I felt the need to interrupt.

“Ok. Ok. God. I’m not going to be able to remember any of that, you know.” I complained as he took my hand and pulled me closer to him.

He laughed and eyed the stack of movies I had sitting on my TV stand. “Do you want to watch a movie?” He asked excitedly.

I checked the time. 9:02. “Yeah, sure.” I said, getting up. I grabbed the stack of movies off the TV stand and brought them to him.

“How about… Romeo and Juliet?” He asked, holding up the movie with Leonardo Dicaprio and Clare Danes on the cover.

“Sure, Why not? It’s one of my favorites.” I said, putting it into the DVD player and watching as the opening credits filled the room with their light. I could feel Robert’s eyes on my back the whole time, and it made me nervous. I finally turned to look at him.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He looked away from me, to the TV. I was starting to get annoyed.

“Seriously. Why. Do. You. Keep. Looking. At. Me?” I made every word a sentence, and he could tell I was annoyed.

“I think you’re pretty.” he replied simply. My mouth hung open and my face went blank.

“You keep staring at me because I’m pretty?” I was having fun now. I put on a mask of fake madness and picked up the Romeo & Juliet DVD case. I threw it just below his face so it would smack him in the chest.

He picked up the box and set it on the table in front of the couch. I was giggling at his facial expression when he asked “Did you seriously just hit me with a DVD?” His question brought on a whole round of laughter and it felt really good. It had been so long since I laughed.

At that he said, “Oh, Rachael Banes.” He said shaking his head. He was joking with me now, too. “You are So. Done. For.” I screamed playfully as he shot off the couch and threw his arms out to grab me. He missed, and I ran out into the kitchen. He chased after me, laughing the whole way. I ran down the hall into my bedroom to keep him from catching me. We were both laughing so hard our eyes were watering. I ran to the other side of my bed where I soon found that I was trapped. “SHIT!” I yelled as his arms wrapped around my waist and body slammed me onto the bed.

“I caught you.” He said playfully. “Now you’re going to pay.” I started gasping for breath as his fingers ran over my torso, tickling me. I was laughing so hard that I couldn’t breathe.

“Rob…Please…Ahhhhh…Oh my god..” I said between giggles. “Robert!” I screamed. “Stop!”

“Not until you say you’re sorry.”

“I’m…Sorry.”I tried to say, but it came out muffled by his shirt.

“I can’t HEAR you.” He laughed.

“I’m SORRY!” I screamed, still laughing and giggling to the point that it was hard to breathe.

“Ok. I’ll forgive you this time,” he said. We sat there for a few moments, his body on top of mine. He was in between my legs, and my arms were around him in an effort to stop him from tickling me. We didn’t notice how awkward this position was until a few moments later.

“Oh, oh, I’m so sorry.” Robert said, getting off me. “I SWEAR I was not trying to get into your pants.” He chuckled.

“That’s ok.” I said, sitting up. He sat down next to me on the bed. “I kind of liked it.” I said, leaning closer to him.

He automatically leaned in and took my face between his hands. I closed my eyes as his lips met mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter three. I want to know if you guys like these so plz rate and message me! thanks! :) x