Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love Chp.5

Ok… So if quitters never win, why are you supposed to quit while you’re ahead? And how good can a bedtime story be if it’s supposed to put you to sleep?” I ask.

“You have good questions.” He said, taking a bite of the apple he stole from my counter. “But the problem is… no one will ever answer them.” I stared at him, intrigued. We were sitting on my couch, and my feet were in his lap.
“So what you’re saying is… my questions are un-answerable?” I verify.

“Are you high?”

“No.” I say defensively. “Just because I’m a model doesn’t mean I have to be a crack whore.”

“Oh, yeah. You’ve definitely shown you’re different, Ms. Bulimic.” Tom said, nudging my arm. I winced and bowed my head. “I’m sorry.” He apologized. “I shouldn’t have said that.”

“It’s not your fault.” I said, taking his hand and playing with his fingers. “I’m the one who did that to myself.”

“So.” He said after an awkward moment. He was trying to change the subject-I could tell. “What about Mr. Perfect?” He asked, putting his hand over his heart and sighing. He was making fun of me.

“None of your business.” I mumble, hanging my head in embarrassment.

“Why?” Did I imagine the amusement in his voice?

“Well, the other night we had a great time. I invited him in here, and we talked for like… hours. Then…” I sighed.

“Did you screw him?!?” Tom exclaimed. “You DID, didn’t you? You fucked him and he left! What a fuckin asshole. I swear to God, if I see that little cunt I’ll kill him!”

“TOM!” I interrupted. “Jesus, let me finish. Don’t get all big brother on me. Then he told me he’d ‘Be right back.’”

“He didn’t come back, did he?” Tom asked.

“NO! Stop jumping to conclusions. Of course he came back.” I smiled.

“So…”

“So what?”

“What happened? Did you guys like… hit it off?”

“He’s coming back here today after he visits his mom and dad.” I said, fidgeting.

“I don’t know if I like him, Rach.” Tom mumbled, looking at the T.V even though it was off.

“Tom,” I sighed, if I didn’t get Tom’s approval, I’m screwed. My family would never approve without Tom’s two sense. “I really like Robert. A lot. He’s… well, I think he could be the one.” I say, taking Tom’s hand.

Tom just sat there frowning for a moment. “I’ll have to meet him.” He said, I looked at him doubtfully. “I’ll try my best to keep an open mind.” He added, smiling.

“You’re the best, Tom.” I said, hugging him.

“Anytime.” He said, and kissed the back of my hand like a knight with his lady.

I decided to go to the bookstore. It was my favorite place to go nowadays. Now that I was too busy to actually read a book. I always wanted something I didn’t have. Story of my life.

I have always loved to read, every since I learned how to turn letters into words. My mom before me loved to read as well. Thinking of my mom, I got a strange wave of home-sickness. I really missed her.

As I walked through the small bookstore that I found a few days ago, I noticed the magazines sitting on a shelf in the corner. One of the faces looked really familiar, and I walked over.

‘Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart’s big date.’ The headline read. I knew that the tabloids were just stupid rumors, hell I’ve had my face on the covers several times. It was very rare that they got something actually true, but it happened sometimes.

I frowned, my mood already a little gloomier. I walked over to the books under the ‘Drama’ section, and searched for a few moments. I loved being surrounded by books. If you put me in a bookstore, I could stay in there for hours and hours and never get bored. I was just so fascinated by them.

‘My sister’s keeper.’ The title of one book read. It had Cameron Diaz on the cover. Must be a movie as well. I decided to pick that one, but I was going to read the back first. Just as I took the book off the shelf, another one fell down. I was about to pick it up when I saw a set of hands pick up the book and hand it to me.

Only hands, yet I would recognize them anywhere. “Hello, Robert.” I smiled, taking the book and looking up at his face.

“Hey.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to his chest. “I had a feeling you’d be here.”

“Yeah.” I said, “I really love books.”

He smiled, stepping back from me. “So do I.”

“I know. You told me, remember?”

“Of course I do.” This felt like such an awkward moment, yet I couldn’t help but be overjoyed to see his face so soon. That reminded me of something.

“Why aren’t you at your parents?” I asked, miffed. Did he lie to me?

It almost seemed like he could hear the unspoken question in my head. “I was just there, but I came home early to see you.” He blushed. I couldn’t imagine why. “Don’t get mad, okay?” he asked, then bent down to kiss my neck.

Oh, crap. What did he do? “Depends.” I mumble, completely distracted by how touchy he’s being in this public place.

He sighed and looked me in the face. “They want to meet you.” He said, gauging my reaction.

I was silent for a few heartbeats. He continued staring at my face, worried about my reaction. “Okay.” I finally said. “I’d love to meet your parents.” My stomach twisted in knots, and my palms got all sweaty. I’m pretty sure my face was as red as a tomato.

“Not right now.” He said, and I sighed in relief. “But sometime. I’ve told them about you, and they’re quite intrigued.” He stated matter-of-factly. “But…” He continued, “Did I ever tell you how beautiful you look when you blush?” All my worries went away with that sentence, and I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He kissed me passionately, and lifted me up so I wouldn’t have to reach. Here he was, my prince charming. My prince charming that was all mine. Not Kristen Stewart’s. Mine. I smiled around his lips at my possessive attitude.

Robert was coming over again tonight, and I still hadn’t gotten a shower. He was probably going to sleep in my bed again tonight- nothing happened, we just slept- and I didn’t want to smell gross.

As I turned on the water in the shower, I took my clothes off. I was about to get in the shower when I thought of something. I walked over to my mirror and looked at my naked body. I had curves, that was for sure. My breasts weren’t huge, but they’ve always been sufficient for my body shape. I was pretty sexy, it was true. My cheeks turned bright red at the thought of myself being sexy, and I walked over and got into the shower.

I was nervous about Robert and I. I knew him enough to sleep with him, that was for sure. But did I have the guts? It had been about a year since I’d slept with a man. I’ve been pretty busy and I haven’t had time to deal with one-night stands. I thought of myself as I classy woman, and I really didn’t want to be known as ‘The skank of Hollywood.’ But I loved Robert, didn’t I? Isn’t that all that matters? Tonight would be the third time me and Rob hooked up, and he hasn’t started pestering me about sex yet. I don’t even know if he would.

I sighed and tried to redirect my thoughts. This was going to be difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Message and Rate plz! thnx 4 reading!