Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love Chp.9

Rob’s hotel room was exactly the way I imagined it. He had movies strewn about his entertainment stand, but other than that, it was pretty livable. His kitchen was clean-probably because he hadn’t been here enough to use it- and he had a pretty sweet collection of music.

“Do you think I should wear this blue shirt with my Tux or this white one?” a voice behind me asked. A voice I would know anywhere. “I can’t figure out what to wear tonight.” He admitted.

I turned around “How about the blue one? Blue really brings out your eyes.” I smiled.

“Thank you, baby.” He said, kissing me softly on the cheek and walking back into his bedroom to change. I followed behind him. “Can you pack some clothes in my suitcase?” he asked, pulling off his shirt and putting the blue one on.

“Sure.” I smiled, walking over to the small shelf he had that held all his clothes. I started putting some into the suitcase. “Rob?” I asked, turning to face him.

“Yeah.” He was putting on his tie, and I could already see it was crooked. I walked over and fixed it. “Thanks.” He mumbled.

“Why don’t you just bring all your clothes up to my room?” I asked.

“I was going to suggest that, but I didn’t know if you wanted me to.” He admitted, lowering his head.

“Why would I not want you to?”

“Well, some girls run away when you try to take the next step in the relationship.” He said. “I didn’t know if you were the kind of girl who liked living with her boyfriend.” I frowned at the term ‘boyfriend.’ It seemed so insufficient to explain what was going on between us.

I took his face in my hands. “Rob, I love you. I would really love it if you came up and just lived with me. It would be a lot easier, and it would make me a lot happier.” I said, batting my eyelashes. He smiled and nodded.

“Just pack all of my clothes, then. I’ll go down to the lobby tomorrow and tell them my room’s not necessary. I’ll tell them I’ll be staying with Ms. Rachael Banes now.” He smiled, putting on his tux jacket.

“I really like the sound of that.” I said.

After I had packed all of his clothes, I looked at the clock. “Oh! Rob! It’s 6:45. We’d better get going.”

We made sure we had all of his stuff from the hotel room, music, Cd’s, clothes, all of it, and we walked back up to my place. Surprisingly, we only had to make two trips to get all of his stuff to my room.

The tailor dropped my dress off at 7:02, right on time, and I began to get ready. After I showered, a blow dried my hair. That’s really all I needed to do since the rest would be done in makeup when I got to the show.

I got into the dress, and Rob and I left my room right on time. We got a taxi to the show, fighting paparazzi all the way there.

I made my way to my dressing room where my stylist and Tom were waiting.

“Rachael!” Tom said, walking over to me. He stopped when he saw Rob tagging along at my side.

I tensed, expecting Tom to get all big-brother on me again. But he just smiled and politely held his hand out to Rob.

“Tom Anderson. Nice to finally meet you.” Rob shook his hand firmly.

“Robert Pattinson. Pleasure.” He smiled and so did Tom. I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Darling!” My stylist, John, said to me. “Come over here and I’ll make you beautiful.” His Russian accent made it all the more funny when he said that, and I walked over to the chair. Rob held my hand for a moment, then said, “I think I’m going to take a look around. I’ll see you in about fifteen minutes.” He promised when he saw my frown.

“Okay. Tom?” I called.

“Yeah, Rach?” He asked.

“Will you show Robert around?” I asked.

“Sure.” Tom said, escorting Rob out the door.

I really loved being in the makeup chair. I sat back while John put makeup on me, making me look beautiful. I always felt more pretty with makeup on, a habit I couldn’t seen to break.

When that was over, I had time to spare, so I turned on the T.V I kept in my dressing room. The only thing that seemed to be on was MTV cribs, so I watched a little bit of that, not really interested.

It was only when I felt hot breath on my neck did I turn around.

“You look stunning.” He said, pulling me in and kissing my neck, not wanting to ruin my lipstick.

“Thank you.” I said, blushing.

I heard an annoyed cough come from the door, and I pulled away from Rob immediately. It was Tom, and his face held only one expression; irritated.

Just then a woman with a clipboard stepped into the room. “Mrs. Banes? You’re on in exactly one minute.” She said in a professional voice.

As soon as she left, Tom walked over to me. He seemed to have forgotten his anger because he smiled at me. “Showtime, Babe.” He said, hugging me. I felt Rob’s hand on my waist tighten possessively, and he pulled my closer to him when Tom released me. I could already tell something was off with these two. I completely forgot as I stepped onto the platform to be checked. I glanced at Rob and he was glowing, his pride stretched out into a smile across his face. I realized in that moment that he was proud of me. I blushed and stepped out of the curtain.

The adrenaline hit as soon as my heels hit the runway. I could feel the familiar screams of the crowd ring in my ears, and a sassy smiled lit my face. I was now the one and only, Rachael Isabelle Banes. A sense of dignity took over my body as I strutted down the long stretch of stage.

When I got back to the curtain, Rob was waiting for me on the other side. I flew into his arms the second I was shielded from the view of the people attending the show. He picked me up and twirled me once.

“You are so beautiful it hurts me sometimes.” He said, setting my down. I kissed him passionately.

“I could say the same about you.” I mumbled, poking his chest.

“No, really, Rachael. You were… amazing. So gorgeous.” I blushed. “I can’t believe you’re mine.” He whispered into my ear.

Just then I heard Tom’s voice. I had forgotten all about him. A feeling of guilt rushed over me. Tom was usually the one to greet me right after I stepped off stage. He was probably feeling incredibly left out right now. “You were great, Rach.” He said, smiling. He gave me an awkward one-armed hug. It was probably so awkward because Rob had a death grip on my waist.

Rob pulled me back closer to him as Tom let go. But Tom just took my hand, and led me to my dressing room. Rob latched onto the other hand quickly, and I gave him a questioning look. He just smiled over at me. When we got to my dressing room, I had Tom wait outside while I went inside to change. I would have suggested Rob wait outside as well, but he gave me a look that said ‘Don’t start, I’m your boyfriend, and I’ve seen you naked before.’

When I got out of the dressing room with Rob, Tom was standing there waiting. He smiled briefly, then frowned when he saw Rob by my side like a loyal dog with its owner.

“You coming to the after party, Rach?” he asked, trying unsuccessfully to pull me away from Rob.

I looked over to Robert and he was looking at me. No, that was an understatement. He was pleading with me with his eyes.

I looked back to Tom and shook my head. “No. There will be way too many witnesses there.” I said, clutching Rob’s hand tighter. “I don’t feel like staying away from Rob all evening.” I mumbled sheepishly.

“We always go to the after parties together.” He sounded hurt.

“Tom, I’m really sorry, but Rob,” I looked over at him, “Rob and I really don’t feel like dealing with people right now. We might as well just go home now.”

At that, Tom left without another word. Robert pulled me closer to him. “Let’s go home.” He whispered in my ear, but not before I had time to feel bad about blowing Tom off.
♠ ♠ ♠
thnx 4 reading! :) X