Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Wake the Dead

I was running. Running from those flesh-eating freaks, running from the horror of the world, and running for my life.

I was never sure how people in movies that just sprinted through the forest could manage to not run into any of the trees flying by them, but now that I'm actually living in that situation it makes more sense. The adrenaline. I can feel it pulsing through my veins, making my senses tingle on high alert dodging each tree and stump on the ground. I pushed everything out of my mind except ditching these geeks, i would think about everything else when i am saf- i stopped myself from even thinking that. Nothings safe.

The trees flying by make you think you are running fast, but I'm not. My knees are aching and every branch or leaves that i have to push through is another whacking me in the face slowing me down. I stopped, i was wheezing. I didn't know how far i had run, but i was not in good enough shape to continue. I could hear the moans from far behind me knowing i had to keep moving, but i couldn't. I looked around frantically and i spotted a tree that maybe i could wedge my self into high off the ground.

I climbed, one of the branches sticking out scratching me on the way up, but i pushed it to the back of my mind and pulled myself up on a branch hopefully sturdy enough to hold me.

The moans got closer and i saw a few hobbling by the tree i was on, not close enough to smell me. Then more and more came, only a few smelled me up on the tree, but i easily took them out by throwing knives at their heads.

Knives weren't my primary weapon, i guess i don't really have one, anything to do the job is good for me, even though a gun or bow would be so much easier.

Listening closely, i heard no more moans so, i looked around and decided it was safe to climb down. I didn't recognize anything, I was lost. And I had no idea where my sister was, she had run in an opposite direction. I let out a long sigh trying to push the thoughts about what could have happened to Syd out of my head. I needed to focus.

I pulled all of my knives out of the now completely dead freaks and wiped off the brains on one of their shirts. I put them in my pack and took out some water, I chugged the rest gone. Not caring that i would have to go find more water, i put the empty bottle back in and flung my bag back on my shoulders and took off.

The fact that i was running like a freaking elephant helped me find somewhat of a trail to back to where i last saw my sister.

I was never really good at tracking, but you pick up a few things when you have lived in the forest a majority of your life. And that was before the dead walked around.

It seemed that about a half hour of walking passed when i heard it; a blood curdling scream, Syd. I ran, i ran faster than i had ran when i was running for my own life. I followed the sound, but when i stared getting closer i heard talking. I slowed my pace down knowing that people can be very bad or very good for us.

Then i saw it; i couldn't see his face, but there was a man holding a crossbow up to my sisters head. At least it was a nice crossbow, a Horton Scout i think. Maybe when i killed this man for holding it pointed at my sisters head, i could have it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellooo non-existent readers!!! This is my first fan fic everrr!, I'm new to this so, i am not 100% sure what I'm doing here so i love your support! I own nothing related to The Walking Dead or the title Wake the Dead which is from the song Wake the Dead by The Used, but i do own my characters! :) I hope you enjoy!