Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

What Lies Ahead

I tossed and turned all night, not getting barely any sleep. I sighed at sat up, I was sleeping on the bench next to the table in the RV. Syd was on the bench next to me, Daryl was on the ground below me, and then a few other people were scattered around the RV or sleeping in a car.

I moved the curtain back a little to see that the sun was just coming up, it must have barely even been seven o'clock. Still having my boots on, I grabbed my new hunting knife that I found in one of the cars, put it in its sheath hanging off of my new jean shorts and tiptoed around the sleeping people, out the RV, grabbing my bag on the way out.

I hopped on top of a car that was close to the RV and set my bag down next to me. I looked down at my new shorts and wondered who's they might have been. I imagined a girl wearing them, she had a family she loved, a job, and friends, but now she was probably wandering around as a walker. I sighed, who ever she was I was very thankful for her, she supplied me with very many clothes that were my size.

I took out a t-shirt from my bag that I found in one of the cars, it had Yoda on it. It was a little over sized, so I pulled out my knife and cut the collar, and the sleeves off.

I've always had a dorky wardrobe, hence the avengers shirt, but some how even in the apocalypse I'm able to find even more dorky stuff.

"Nice shirt." I heard the familiar rough voice behind me. I turned around to see just who I expected, Daryl.

I looked back at my shirt and admired it, I tried to not act like I felt awkward talking to him, because of the kiss yesterday. "Thanks, I found it in one of the cars. Pretty cool eh?"

He just grunted and walked further past the car, looking into the forest, probably thinking about Sophia. I jumped off the car and walked over to him. "I remember this one day, a long long time ago, when a tired and dirty lookin Dixon came walking out into my backyard, straight from the woods." I paused. "You told me that you were lost in the woods for a few days and your ass itched."

I laughed a little, and the corners of Daryl's mouth were lifting up into a smirk. I sighed, "my point is, you were younger than Sophia is when you got lost, then made it back just fine and you didn't even have people lookin for ya."

I looked up at him and he was looking right back down at me, he shrugged and then continued to look at the forest. I heard my stomach rumble, causing Daryl to look at me. I put my hand over my stomach, I was starving, my mind was so busy thinking about other things, I forgot to eat.

"When's the last time ya ate anythin, Fi?" Daryl asked me.

I thought about it for a second, "Uh- not since the C.D.C., I guess I kinda forgot with everything goin on." I shrugged my shoulders.

He looked at me for a second and then walked over to his motorcycle, getting something out of the pouch. He walked back over to me and handed me some granola bars. "Thanks." I mumbled as I put them all next to my bag, besides two that I started to eat as I hopped back up on the car. Daryl grabbed himself one and started to eat it, too.

I kept on stealing glances at him as he ate, and I swear I saw him looking at me too. I never wanted to have feelings for Daryl, especially in the apocalypse, but looking at him as the rising sun made his face and hair glow, I realized it was too late.

----------------- *(Daryl's p.o.v.)*

I expected Fi to be angry with me, still, but instead we sat in silence for a while as we ate some of the granola bars I had stashed in the bike. I kept my own stash, so I could eat when I couldn't go huntin and not be bothered by the group, but I decided to give some to Fi, because no one else was makin sure she ate.

She sat up on some car that looked too fancy for anyone to be drivin down here, and looked up at the sun risin. The sun made her hair glow, so her face was highlighted. I had trouble not lookin over at her, she looked too good to be in the end of the world.

The wind blew a little, causing her shirt to move, showing off her curves. I swallowed and looked back at the forest , hopin she didn't catch me starin at her. I remembered yesterday after I ran over thinkin she got bit by a walker after the horde passed, she kissed me, even after I told her I didn't care. I've never actually had a girlfriend, never wanted to put up with one. Most of the girls were slutty that lived around us anyways, which Merle loved.

Fi was probably one of the only ones I knew that didn't want any of the pigs around us. The only guy I ever saw her around was Trey. I never knew what they had goin on, but I saw them makin out at some parties sometimes. Hell, she even made out with me once, but we were both drunk.

I wonder if Trey got his ass bit. I secretly hoped not, because Fi is tryin so hard not to break, I can see it in her eyes. Shes been through hell her whole life, and now its just gettin worse, I haven't even seen her smile for what seems like forever.

*

Everyone finally started to wake their asses up and get ready to go lookin for Sophia. Rick walked over to Fi and said somethin to her. I pretended I wasn't listenin and just looked over at the tree line, but I did hear him apologize for somethin, last night?

Rick and Fi had been talkin a lot, becomin real close ever since the mornin at the C.D.C. that I told Fi I heard her talkin in her sleep. I was so pissed off for her dreamin about Trey, but I don't even know why. I thought she had slept with me cause she was drunk, so I told her that I didn't care when I was yellin at her. I had heard a loud noise outside my door, assumin that she broke the bottle of Southern Comfort, she was upset? I heard someone call her name and then later when I came out into the hallway I saw that she was with Rick. I was so pissed off at her because she probably had somethin goin on with Rick, but I was also pissed off at myself, I didn't mean what I said and she believed it.

Rick called us all over to a car where he layed out a sleeve of melee weapons, tellin us all to take one. Andrea started whinin about the guns, but I wouldn't want her runnin around accidentally poppin a shot off and then bringin all the walkers down on us. Shane argued with Andrea about it and Andrea eventually gave up, but then looked over at Fi.

"How come she's got one?"

Everybody looked over at Fi, who forgot she had the gun on her. She rolled her eyes and pulled the gun out of the back of her shorts and set it down on the car, then put her hands in the air as if someone had a gun pointed at her. I liked her havin a gun on her, more protection I guess, plus, it kinda was hot. Fi pulled out a machete from the sleeve and admired it with a smirk on her face.

I smirked at her, she cared more about that machete then she did about dealin with Andrea. She never really cared about people that she didn't like and that didn't like her, unless they were causin her problems.

"The idea is to take the creek up about five miles, turn around and come back down the other side. Chances are she'll be by the creek, it's the only land mark." I told them all and walked away, ready to get this goin. Fi ran and grabbed her backpack and then followed behind me. She was the only other person here who knew anythin about trackin, so she was gona lead with me. I didn't mind, she wasn't bad, or annoying like everyone else, who had elephant feet and low patience.

We were about to take off when Andrea bugged Dale some more for her gun. Everybody was watchin her yell at him for takin away her option to blow herself up. She kinda had a point, what Dale did was selfish, but so is gettin ya self blow to pieces.

I saw Fi sigh, annoyed that we have to keep waitin to leave, especially cause we were waitin for Andrea to stop her bitchin. Fi looked over to where we were just sittin and went over, gettin the granola bars she left there, and put them in her bag. She made her way back, just in time for Andrea to be done with her rant, and we headed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
56 readers!! Holy shit, I'm actually really excited!! This is my first story so I didn't think I would get very many, but thank you guys so much! Don't forget to comment what you think!!! This was just a short little chapter that I wanted to get out of the way, the next chapter will be longer and more exciting (and hopefully up later today)!! The past few chapters have been related to episode 1 of season 2 of The Walking Dead, just to let ya guys know where I'm at! (The title of this chapter is the same as the title of that episode, so it's not mine)... Enjoy:)