Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Sick?

I was feeling much better after I ate, napped, and stopped running around, but I still wasn't feeling on top of the world. I was setting up my tent that T-dog had let me use, because he was going to stay in the RV. I set up Syd's and my little makeshift bed and set my bag in the corner, then stepped out and zipped it up.

I had kinda moved the tent away from everyone else's a little bit, but not too far that it was noticeable. I didn't know what else to do, and it bothered me not to being able to busy myself. I had asked Hershel if he wanted me to do anything around the farm, but he just kept on telling me to rest and get my strength back. I even tried to get Glenn to let me come with him and Maggie on their run, but again someone was there to tell me no.

I had just been wandering around doing stupid shit after we attempted to pull the walker out of the well. It didn't work out so good, because the walker ended up getting stuck and breaking in half, decontaminating the water.

I looked up at the sky and it looked like it was later in the afternoon, soon to be evening. I decided I was going to go look for Syd and see if she if she got anything to eat today, so I started to walk over to the RV. I was about to run inside, but the door was already open. I stepped on the first step and looked over to see Daryl talking to Carol, he was giving her a flower. I felt my heart sink a little and I quickly walked out.

I walked over back to where the tents where and I plopped down into a chair. It doesn't matter what Daryl does, it's better for me to be away from him, and he was probably just trying to make her feel better, anyways. Carol deserves that after losing her daughter. I spotted Rick sitting on the steps of the house and decided to make my way over to him to distract myself.

I sat down next to him and he just continued to look ahead. "Carl awake yet?" I asked him.

"He's been in and out for a while, sleeping it off I guess." I could tell something was bothering him by the way he said it

I turned my body to face him, "what's goin on, Rick?"

He looked at me, "this morning, I-I lied to Carl. I told him that Sophia was okay." He looked down at his shoes. "He's the only one I don't want to fail, but I feel like I do everyday."

I didn't really have any good parenting advice, because I wasn't a parent and my dad sure wasn't a role model, but I tried my best. "My dad didn't have those comforting lies. He just used his fists." Rick looked up at me as I continued. "Some men just don't earn the love of their children, and I don't see you havin that problem."

He put his hand on my shoulder and looked me right in the eyes. "Thank you, for everything."

"s'not a problem." I said looking right back into his blue eyes and then got up and stood. I looked around and didn't see Syd, but I did notice Daryl looking at me. I just walked over to the tents, ignoring his gaze, and saw that Glenn had gotten back from his run and Shane was coming back with Andrea from looking for a place to have shooting practice. Then Daryl was sitting next to the fire pit we had made and was skinning some squirrels, getting ready to have them be cooked.

He seemed to be skinning them with anger.

I shrugged it off, not feeling like even caring anymore and went over to Glenn. "Have ya seen Syd anywhere?"

He looked up at me, then back down at his hat he was holding in his hands. "Uh- yeah a little bit ago, she was doing something with that girl Beth."

Maybe she made a new friend? "Did ya see what way she went?"

Glenn just shrugged, "not really, but I think she was heading toward the house."

I nodded and was about to leave when I heard Daryl grunt. "Ya got a problem, Dixon?" I said turning around to face him.

"Just good t'see that the only useful thing ya done today is run around n try to find ya lost sister." He said not even lookin up at me.

"Ya and what the hell would you like me to do?" I said, starting to get really angry.

He stood up, "maybe go look for the little girl that's missin! Get off ya ass!" He pointed his knife in the direction of the woods.

I started to get feel the anger rise, did he forget that I got bags of blood sucked out of me?

"I WOULD OF IF I COULD! Did ya forget that I got 3 fucking units of blood taken out of me last night and this morning?! I don't like sittin on my ass anymore than you do, but every time I went to do somethin I would get told to go sit right back down!"

By this time Lori was standing near us watching, and Glenn just sat, not really knowing what to do. Dary's face was red from anger as he looked at them and then stomped away, leaving me fuming. I felt like I won this battle at least.

Carol had walked out of the RV and grabbed the squirrel meat that Daryl had left to be cooked and put it on a pan over the small fire. I was kind of hungry, but when I caught the scent of that meat my stomach flipped. "I-I'm gona go find Syd." I spit out and then started to run off. I made it to the side of the barn, but then couldn't hold it in anymore and vomited up everything that was in my stomach, even though there was barely anything.

"Fiona are you alright?" I heard Syd ask me.

I looked up and wiped my mouth off as she walked over with Beth, holding a pal of chicken eggs. "Ya, ya I'm fine. Just still felt a little queasy from the lack of blood and all that good stuff."

"Have you had anything to eat today?" Beth asked me.

"Um, I had some eggs in the morning." I told her.

"You probably just haven't been getting enough to eat after getting all that blood taken, but we should wait for your stomach to settle down. I'll get you some juice to help." She said in a kind voice.

We all walked inside and she poured me some juice, that surprisingly was perfect for the job; i started to feel much better. I washed off my hands and dried them, then Syd came up and leaned on the counter next to me. "Ya sure you're feelin alright? I mean I don't want you passing out on me." She smiled a little.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just been a long day. I see you've made a new friend." I said signaling over at Beth.

"Yeah I guess so." She giggled. "Okay, well we're gona go wash off the eggs."

"Have fun." I said with a little sarcasm.

They ran out the door, and I followed shortly after, finding Rick and Shane talking, or arguing about something. Rick saw me standing on the porch and quickly ended his conversation with Shane. I saw Daryl walking by so I jumped down the stairs and went over to them. "Hey, Fiona, would you mind going over with Shane to the fence he found for shooting practice and start to hang up targets?"
I saw Daryl slow down a little, hearing the question Rick asked. I knew he wasn't comfortable with Shane so when I answered I looked right at him. "Yeah, sure. I need to do something useful anyways." I had sarcasm and anger in my voice, and Daryl knew that it was directed to him. Rick and Shane nodded, then Shane started to walk away, so I broke Daryl's gaze and followed after him.

We picked up some random pieces of metal, empty cans, nails, and a hammer, then were on our way over to the fence. I wasn't really comfortable with Shane, but if he made a move I would be ready for it. Plus, he was limping really bad, so it would be hard for him to come at me.

We started to nail and hang things on the fence, but I could see Shane give me harsh looks out of the corner of my eye. "You need to stop." I said, causing Shane to face my way.

"And what is it that I need to stop?" He said in a harsh tone.

"You need to stop lookin at me like a and treating me like I'm scum, because I really don't know what your problem is with me."

He shifted his wait onto his good foot as he stood up straight. "You just came waltzing in to this group, befriending Rick and Daryl, and then act like you're better than everyone here. I don't trust you."

I snorted and faced him. "Don't trust me? Have I not proved myself? And if we aren't trusting someone, it would be you. You're the one who came on to me at the C.D.C. and ki-" I stopped myself. I don't want to get an even bigger target on my back from bringing up Otis.
"And I what? I didn't quite catch that last part." Shane tried to make me say it, but I wasn't going to fall for his games.

"Look Shane, we all have demons. Trust me, you're not the only one who has a monster inside... so get over it."

He put his hands on the fence and leaned against it. "And what if 'my monster' is not something I can just get over." He turned his head to look at me.

I sighed "Than you just can't let it get to you in a bad way" I paused and looked at him. "You can't let it overcome you."

He registered what I said and looked off into the distance, "I should be a fuckin therapist." I said trying to lighten the mood.
Shane chuckled a little, "ya, you can go around and listen to everyone in our groups problems, but I'm pretty sure Glenn's will be the best."

I raised my eyebrows in confusion at him. "What you didn't see how awkward he gets around that farmer girl? She probably takes him for a good ride." He said with humor in his voice.

I tried not to laugh, but ended up chuckling a little, causing Shane to snort a little laugh. We then hung up the rest of the targets and walked back in silence.

I couldn't say that I was completely comfortable with Shane and I still didn't trust him at all but, there was still that small part of me that knew deep down he was good. The apocalypse just changes people.

We finally walked back up to the farm and I could immediately feel Daryl's gaze on me, it was angry.

I saw Glenn sitting on a chair on the porch and not wanting to go near Daryl right now, I walked over and sat in the chair across from him. He looked at me and opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it.

"What's on ya mind?" I asked him.

"I had sex with Maggie." He spit out, not being able to hold it in anymore. I was a little shocked, but then I was more worried about my sister.

"I thought you had a thing with my sister?" I said, sitting up a little bit.

"What? No, we're just friends. She's the one who made that very clear."

My sister had always been the type to friend zone people. She was always afraid of relationships turning out like our mom and dads, but she loved to have friends to care about, so I believed what Glenn said.

"Okay, then whats the problem?"

"I don't know. She said it was a one time thing and kinda yelled at me to not spill." He said, too embarrassed to make eye contact with me.

"Well too late you spilt, now I'm curious. So she just couldn't resist seeing you carry a gun with your snazzy little baseball cap on and just jumped you?"

He laughed a little, "No, not exactly. I was just getting things off of a list Lori gave me and ended up over by the pregnancy stuff and condoms, and she-"

He went on with his story, but I all I could hear was the word pregnancy echo in my mind and everything clicked. Getting sick in the morning, and then again after smelling the meat cook? I wasn't stupid, I knew those were signs. I then remembered that Daryl and I had sex at the C.D.C. and were both to drunk to even think about a condom. Holy shit...

Was I pregnant?
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun, dun, DUNNNNN!!! -Do you think she is actually pregnant? Do you think Daryl cares? He always seems to be watching over her some how.. ---- I don't know about you guys, but I had mixed feelings for Shane through out the seasons. I liked him, but then near the end/ middle of season 2 I didn't like him at all. I just wanted to show a little of his good side in this chapter because I've shown a looot of his bad :P

80+ READS AND 15 SUBSCRIBERS OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I hope you enjoy this and I will definitely try and write a lot more chapters for you!! Don't forget to comment!