Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Gone

The next morning it had been decided that Shane, Andrea, and I would head down into the suburbs to search the area for Sophia. I finally was able to go and look for Sophia, I needed to find her.. I would find her. Plus, maybe one of the houses have a pregnancy test in them.

The main concern was Sophia though. I wanted to find that little girl and tell her its going to be okay, because that's all I wanted when I was a kid with an abusive dad. I wanted to know that my dad would stop and that my family would be okay. I want to tell Sophia that her mom will be okay, her dad is gone now, but she was out of my reach.

We were going to leave in about an hour, but I was so anxious and nervous I was trying so hard to occupy my mind. I had ate a granola bar after my stomach settled down (I threw up again this morning) and then took everything out of my bag, cleaned it, and the put everything back in all nice and organized.

I still had a lot of time to kill, so I grabbed my knives and headed over to a tree not so far away from the camp. I felt Daryl's gaze on me the whole way over, I normally by now would have confronted him about how much he's pissing me off, but my mind was going crazy, and I just needed to be alone.

I walked over to the tree and carved a big circle with an X inside right on it. I stepped back a few yards and started to fling my knives at the tree, trying to hit closest to the X as possible. I threw the knives with anger; anger at myself for being so stupid and getting a pregnancy scare, anger that Sophia had to go through what she did, anger at Daryl for being Daryl, and anger at the fact that I have feelings for Daryl.

How did I let any of this happen?

I flung my last knife with as much anger as I could, and it stuck right on top of the X. I sighed and started to walk over to the tree to retrieve my knives. "Nice one. I see you still have real good aim." I heard a voice say from behind the tree.

I looked around and saw Syd walking over to me with a worried look on her face. I just continued over to the tree and pulled out my knives. "Fi, what's goin on? You've been running around all morning trying to occupy your self and know you're throwin knives. I can tell when somethings up with you."

I put a knife in each of my boots and then just held the other few. "Just got a lot on my mind."

"Fi, you can talk to me, I'm here." She said as she stepped closer to me.

I knew I could talk to her, I mean she was my sister and if it was her in my situation I would want her to talk to me. "I-I just. This whole Sophia thing. I know what it's like to be her, and I just want to find her." I paused. "And.. I'm pregnant."

Syd's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "W-What? Are you sure?"

"We'll no, but I mean the signs are pretty obvious. I'm gona look for a test when we go into the neighborhood later." My voice was shaky, this was so bad.

Syd sensed the fear in my voice and wrapped her arms around me. "I can't have a baby Syd. I can't bring one into this cruel world, I mean look what happened to Sophia." I paused. "I can't be a mom."

"We're not even 100% sure you're pregnant anyways. And it will be okay. We've got a safe place right now, and a doctor. And you'll be just fine as a mom, I know you will." She broke away from the mom as she realized something. "Who's the dad?"

I looked down at my feet and the back up at her. "Daryl." I said cautiously. She nodded her head in understanding. "Lets head back." I told her as I walked away, but then stopped and turned around to look at her. "I love you, Syd."

"Love you, too." She said as she caught up with me and we started walking back. "Wait, so does that mean the night at the C.D.C. you did stay with Daryl?" She said with a goofy smile on her face.

"Shut up." I teased at her. She just had a grin on her face. "Syd you can't tell anyone. Not until I know for sure, okay?" I said in a serious tone. She nodded her head and then walked over to the house.

I ran over to my tent, opened it, then grabbed my bag and dumped all my clothes out, keeping only a few granola bars, water, and my extra knives. I changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans and put my sheath and hunting knife on them. They were kinda lose around my waist, so I put my bag on my shoulders, then left my tent in search of a belt.

Daryl was cleaning off his arrows by his tent, so I decided to avoid him and go in the opposite direction, to Lori's tent. She was standing in it folding clothes, with only the screen part shut. I couldn't really knock, so I just called out her name trying not to startle her.

"Oh, hey Fiona. What's up?" She asked me as she finished folding and walked over, unzipping the screen.

"Uh, do you by chance have an extra belt I could use?" I said it kind of awkwardly, it was weird talking nicely to people, I guess I've always been a little socially awkward.. unless I was yelling at someone.

"Hm, actually I think I do have one lying around here." She said as she walked further into the tent, coming back out with a brown leather belt with butterflies on it. She told me to keep it as I started pushing it through my belt loops. I thanked her quietly then turned around seeing Shane and Andrea getting ready to leave.

I jogged over to them and Shane handed me my gun that I had to give up. I took it and put it in the waist band of my pants and walked over to the car with them. I noticed Daryl had stood up and kept looking to Shane, then back to me. "Where y'all goin?"

I guess Rick hadn't filled him in with the part that I was comin along. "We're goin down to the suburbs, look around to see if Sophia is hidin in one of the houses." Shane told him coldly.

"I'll come with ya, that way we can split up." Daryl said as he put his crossbow on his shoulder and walked over.

"I think we're fine Daryl." I said sharply to him. I didn't need him up my ass, not today, not with whats going on.

"No, that would be good. That way Andrea and I can go look on a different street, cover more ground." Shane said. God dammit.

"Good. Fi, you'll ride with me." Daryl said in a harsh, demanding tone as he walked off. I had a plan for how today would go, but Daryl, like he always does, ruined it. The last thing I wanted was for him to tag along right now.

I kicked the ground in defeat, maybe Daryl would just shut up the whole time and I could try to not worry about him. He had already started up his motorcycle and was waiting for me. He revved the engine as a way to tell me to hurry up, but I took my time walking over there and getting on the back.

We drove in silence, not being able to talk over the loud engine anyways, and got there in what seemed to be 20 minutes. I quickly hopped off the bike and pulled my knife out of the sheath. I started to walk towards the first house, not even waiting for Daryl.

He put the kick stand up on his bike and then jogged over, "would ya fuckin wait?"

I didn't respond and I could see him give me a look. I was still angry with him and I don't have the mood or patience right now to deal with him. I slowly opened the door to the first house and peaked inside. There was one walker back in the distance, but Daryl walked up and got it with his crossbow. He retrieved the arrow and walked back over to me.

"I'm gona go check up stairs. Check down here and the basement if there is one." I whispered to him and then slowly crept up the stairs.

There was one walker lurking in the main bedroom, probably the person who lived here, but I snuck up behind it and pushed my knife through the back of its skull. It collapsed to the ground and I walked away, calling out for Sophia and checking every place she might be hiding at. When I found nothing, I sighed and quietly ran into the bathroom, looking through the cupboards, again finding nothing. A man lived here before.

I walked back down stairs and saw Daryl waiting for me, I shook my head telling him that I found nothing, and then we went to the next house. We did the same plan for each one; I check up stairs and he will check down stairs. We hadn't said much to each other the whole time, which I was thankful for.

We were a few houses down and I finally found a pregnancy test. I mentally thanked the woman that lived here before and opened the little box up. I took the little stick and hid it in the waist pants of my jeans, I had already been up here for too long so I decided I would take it at the next house.

We both walked over to the next house and I was shaking with anxiety. What if I was pregnant? Would I tell Daryl? How would I tell Daryl? I can't bring a child into this world!

I was shaking a little with nerves, but tried to play it cool and focus on finding Sophia. I could see Daryl giving me a suspicious look, sensing I was freaking out a little, but before he could say anything we were already in the next house, searching it.

There were no walkers up stairs, so I immediately started searching for Sophia, finding nothing. I then ran into the bathroom and pulled out the little stick. I quickly pulled down my pants and peed on it. I pulled my jeans back up and put my gun back in the waist band, then set the little stick that held my future by the sink. I looked at it, waiting and waiting, but it took forever for the little image to appear.

Before I could look at it, I heard Daryl yell up to me, "everythin good up there?"

I guess I had been up here for long and he was getting antsy. "Yeah, but no Sophia. I just gotta look through th-" I was cut off my a knife pressed against my throat.

I froze, what the hell? I felt someone grab my arms and hold them behind me so I couldn't use them. "Well, well, well looks like I found my self a pretty one." A man's creepy voice whispered into my ear, sending unpleasant chills down my back. "Yeah, she is somethin." Another mans voice said from further back.

I tried to get free, but he just pushed the knife down further. "Fi?" I heard Daryl yell up in confusion of why I stopped talking.

"Oh, looks like she's got her self a boyfriend, Doug, take care of that." The man with the knife at my throat said. The other man named Doug, ran in front of us and hid by the doorway. He looked to be maybe in his mid thirties and buff. Shit.

I heard Daryl's footsteps come up the stairs and then saw him turn into the room, seeing me and the man behind me. His eyes went wide and his face went red from anger, but before he could say anything the man hiding by the door hit him in the back of the head with the butt of his gun.

My blood boiled and I tried to get my hands out of the mans grasp, but he just yanked me back a threw me onto the ground. "Fuck!" I said out of anger.

He crouched down and then slapped me right across the face when I tried to sit up, causing me to fall back down. My cheek felt like it was on fire. I felt like I was on fire from the anger boiling inside me.

He walked over to me and forcefully yanked me back to the big bed in the master bedroom and tied my hands to the post with some rope he got from his pocket. I then saw him go over and help the other guy carry Daryl to a chair in the corner, and tie his hands and feet to it.

I pulled and tugged, but the rope was tight on my wrists, only cutting up my skin the more I struggled. Daryl wasn't fully unconscious, but when he saw me across the room his head shot up and he started screaming. "Ya better let her go! Don't ya fuckin touch her! I will kill ya, ya ass wipe!" The guy that had tied me up just punched Daryl in the jaw.

"HEY! Don't fucking hurt him! Let him go!" I screamed, earning the guys attention. He didn't look any older than his friend, but definitely looked stronger and had a creepy look in his eye. He walked over to me, "oh, don't you worry beautiful, I'm not gona hurt him." He said as he crouched down and ran his hand down my cheek. I yanked my head away, only earning another slap across the face from him.

I heard Daryl struggle and yell more in his chair. The guy then stood back up and got in Daryl's face. "No. I'm not gona hurt him." He paused and I really hoped he was telling the truth. "But, I am gona make him watch while I rape his little girlfriend."

Daryl's eyes went wide and he started to scream and try his hardest to break out of the ties. "NO! DON'T YA FUCKIN TOUCH HER! DON'T YA-" He was cut off by the guy named Doug, putting a piece of cloth in his mouth and tying behind his head so he couldn't talk. Daryl still let out muffled screams and looked at me with desperation in his eyes.

I wasn't gona let this guy rape me, I couldn't, but I just didn't want Daryl to get hurt. I felt like my head was going to explode from the anger inside me. "I'll rip your fucking head off." I spit out at the man.

He let out a creepy chuckle. "I don't want to have to put a gag in your mouth like your boyfriend, princess. I wana hear you scream." He crouched down over me and ran his hand up my thigh. I tried to kick at him, but he just back handed me causing me to stop.

He grabbed my knife out of its sheath and then pushed it into my upper thigh. He had cut deep into my skin, but I just stared at him, letting him no he wasn't hurting me. But then he started to drag the knife slowly down my thigh. I felt the deepness of the knife and how it cut down my thigh. I screamed out and tried to squirm away, but he grabbed my thigh and continued to cut it. I was screaming loud now, the pain was so vivid and I could feel every little ounce of it.

I heard Daryl's muffled yells and the chair banging on the ground from him trying to escape. I looked up and made eye contact with him. I felt the blood ooze out and then the knife was removed from my thigh.

I didn't break the eye contact I had with Daryl as the guy spoke. "Mm, I'm gona make you scream in a lot of different ways today." He started to kiss down my jaw and throat, but mostly biting. It was the most unpleasant feeling ever and I'm pretty sure he bit so hard he drew blood like a freaking vampire.

As he kissed down me, his hand ran up my shirt. But, then I remembered that I had another knife in my boot. If I could just maneuver my foot to my hands I could cut these ropes off. I moved bent my leg so my foot was closer to my butt and it looked totally normal. The guy that was biting down my neck took the knife he had used on my leg and cut my shirt off, leaving me sitting in front of them in just my bra.

I felt so exposed, but it just made me work harder to get my foot over to my hands. I regained Daryl's eye contact, his face was bright red and he still hadn't stopped struggling to get out of his chair. I bent my back towards my foot a little, making it look like I was just squirming away from this guys touch, which I was.

The guy started to lick and kiss down my stomach, giving me those disgusting chills again. I wanted to kill this guy. I tried to secretly put my hand into my boot and get the knife, which I managed, but Daryl saw what I was doing and looked at me with wide eyes as he stopped struggling. I quickly got the knife out and started to cut at the ropes around my wrist, but to do that I had to cut my wrist at the same time too.

I could feel the blood gush from my wrists and leg when the guy stood up. He started to undo his belt and I sawed at the rope more frantically. I looked over to Daryl to try and signal to him that I need a little more time. Luckily, Daryl understood and started yelling and scotching his chair over closer to Doug.

Doug then noticed and yelled out. "Hey! You better not fucking try anything!" As he hit Daryl across the face. That caught the attention of the guy about to take his pants off.

He turned around and walked over to his friend Doug. "Doug, why don't you go have your turn with her, I gotta show this guy how to calm down."

I felt strands of the rope break off as the guy named Doug made his way over to me with a dark look in his eye. I felt the rope break completely and I sighed in relief. The guy was starting to crouch down over me when I lunged and shoved the knife into his heart, causing him to scream out.

The other guy started to run over to me. I swung my knife at him as I stood up, cutting his arm pretty deep, but that didn't slow him down. He ran up and I kicked him in the chest, but it was weak because my thigh was throbbing. I started to run over to him, but the guy on the ground that I stabbed grabbed my ankle, causing me to fall.

Before I knew it the other guy had picked me up and put the knife back on my throat. "You little bitch, don't think I won't kill you and your boyfriend. But, first there is someone else that I want to kill."

Daryl started yelling and struggling again, but I didn't really understand what the guy meant. But, when he lowered his knife and held it to my stomach I understood. "I saw what you were doin in that bathroom, princess." He whispered in my ear so Daryl couldn't hear.

"Fuck! Fuck you! I'll kill you!" I screamed before he brought his other hand and covered my mouth. I made eye contact with Daryl again and watched as he tried to break apart the chair to get free.

I started to scream into the guys hand when I felt the blade be poked into my stomach, and then dragged across. I tried to break free, but he was too strong.

He finally felt he had done good enough and let go of me, causing me to fall to my knees and put my hands on my stomach. I wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not, because I never got to see, but... it was over.

Daryl was still struggling just as much, but he didn't even realize the actual damage that was possibly just done. Just then the guy who was holding me walked into the bathroom and came out and threw the pregnancy test on the ground.

Daryl looked over at it and then completely stopped struggling. I looked up and saw what the test read... It was positive.

"I wonder if it would have been a boy or a girl." The man said with a sadistic smirk on his face.

The anger and that over powered me was indescribable. I was shaking and the only thing I could feel behind the numbing anger and sadness was the blood pulsing out of my stomach and thigh. I thought I was going to be sick.

The anger taking over my actions, I quickly grabbed the knife out of my other boot and shoot up, stabbing the guy in the back of the skull.

I couldn't stand on my leg and everything was starting to get to my head. Daryl was just frozen. I tried to make my way over to him, but I couldn't even take one step before I fell and completely blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow.. So was this chapter crazy or what? It was totally crazy to write. What do you tink about it? I'm gona start writing the next one now because I'm just on like a writing high :p Enjoy and comment!!