Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Sophia?

"It's also so that she could have been moving this way, South." Rick said running his finger down the map on the car.

"If Sophia kept in that direction she might have gone out of the forest and into the farm over there." I said pointing on the map. "Take 74 to IV road and then push down south through the forest until we hit Christopher. Go east a couple of miles, then double back." I finished and looked up at Rick who nodded at me.

He was finally letting me go look today and actually let me over look everything. It's probably in every ones best interest that I go out looking today because another day of sitting around is going to make me go crazy..

Rick on the other hand, looked like he was already going crazy.. He had this look in his eye, something is on his mind and it's driving him insane. I will make sure to talk to him about that soon, but right now Hershel approached us and asked for Rick's help. "Want me to head out, Rick?" I asked, gettin antsy.

"No, stay here. No one is going out alone anymore." He said, motioning with his hand for me to stay.

"We won't be too long." Hershel added. I nodded at them and walked away; upset that I have to wait to go out again.

I walked over to camp and saw that T-dog wasn't there, so he was probably chopping fire wood. I set my bag down in my tent and walked over past the house to help bring back some of the wood. When I walked over I saw Daryl talking to Carol over by the creek, hopefully apologizing. T-dog saw me come over and smiled a little at me.

"Hey, uh- I thought ya might want some help carrying some wood back." I said as I got closer to him.

"Thanks, but it's really not a big deal." He said as he chopped another log in half.

"It's no problem, just tryin to keep myself busy and help out. Plus, your arm is still healing." I said to him hoping he would just let me freaking help him.

"Sure, alright here." He said as he handed me some wood. "Thanks!" He called out as I started to walk away.

"Not a problem! I'll be back for more!" I called back. I walked back to camp, accidentally dropping a log on my way, but I'll get it on my next trip back. I dropped the wood by the fire pit, receiving a smile from Dale on top of the RV. I waved up at him and then turned around to go get more.

I grabbed another few logs from T-dog and started to walk back when one of them gave me a splinter. "Fuck!" I quietly hissed to my self as I stopped and held my arm out. "Damn, you've got to be kidding me!" I hissed again, I always got mad when I hurt my self, but I was more mad at the inanimate object then myself.

"Give it." I heard a voice behind me, Daryl. He was a tracker so he could be perfectly silent and sneak up on you if he wanted. I hesitated, hating when I needed help, but dumped the wood in to his arms. "Stupid wood giving me fuckin splinters." I mumbled as I backed away.

"Are ya mad at the wood, Fi?" Daryl said in a joking tone, making fun of me.

"Ya as a matter of fact, I am." I said and went ahead of him to grab the piece of wood I dropped earlier. I got back up to see that Daryl quickly looked his gaze away from my ass. "Like what'cha see?" I teased him, pay back for making fun of me.

He grunted in uncomfortableness and just walked ahead of me, back to camp. "My view ain't so bad either." I said, still teasing him as I saw his ass. "Stop." He said as he looked back at me with an annoyed, but almost embarrassed look from getting caught. I laughed to my self and just followed him back to the camp.

We set the wood down and I went to walk around the perimeter again, just something I do when I'm anxious. I was walking past the tree line that looked into the swamps when I saw Shane looking at Dale. I walked closer to see what was going on when Shane stepped forward and Dale pointed his gun in fear. I quickly ran into the swamps towards them. "Hey! Shane you better fuckin back up!" I yelled as I ran closer, but he just took another step towards Dale.

Before I could get all the way over to them Dale lowered his rifle and Shane took the bag of guns that he was trying to hide from him. He started to walk towards me. "What the hell is your problem?" I asked getting in his face.

"Why don't you just watch out." He said trying to shove past me, but I just moved so I was in his face again.
"You go after Dale? Threaten him? And now you're gona go fuck up our chance of staying here and finding Sophia! So, let me ask again... What the hell is your problem?!"

"That little girl is gone! This is our lives now! And I'm not gona sit here while there is a barn full of hungry walkers!" He shoved me back, causing me to fall, but before he could walk away I took my feet and wrapped them around his bad ankle, twisting a little. He spit out multiple curse words as he tripped down in pain.

I heard footsteps running over to us and then someone yell. "Fi! What the hell!?" I looked up and saw Daryl run over. I stood up and brushed my self off. "Asshole, think about the fucking group!" I said as I kicked Shane in the ankle again.

"You bitch!" He said as he stood up and walked over to my face. I felt Daryl tense up behind me. "I am thinking about the group!"

"No Shane, you're thinking about yourself." I hissed at him and tried to step closer to him, but Daryl grabbed my wrist and pulled me back from him. I just turned around and started to walk away with Daryl on my heels.

I didn't walk back to camp, I just walked further into the swamp, not wanting to deal with people right now. "What the hell was that all about!?" Daryl snapped from behind me, but I just muttered some swear words under my breath and continued walking. Daryl ran to get ahead of me, stopping so I had to stop. "Why do ya keep pickin fights with him?! ya know he's no good!"

"Because he was going after Dale and pissing me off!" I spit out.

"Somethin is always pissin you off." He said back to me.

I sighed and gave up, it's not my fault I have a lot of things to get mad at.. "Ya kinda hot when ya get mad, don't want Shane tryin somethin like he did at the C.D.C." Daryl said looking down at me. I'm hot when I'm mad? I just looked up at him for a while, but then acted on an impulse and leaned up to kiss him. He knew somehow how to get under my skin and make me want him, even without trying.

He tensed, but then started to kiss me back, sliding his tongue into my mouth. His hands went to my hips as mine trailed up his shirt and down his chest. This would be his time to make up for earlier when he left me stunned... that I was still recovering from..

Things started to go somewhere when one of his hands came up unbuttoned the top few buttons of my shirt. He started to kiss down my jaw and neck when I slid my hands down to the waistband of his pants. He suddenly broke away and grabbed my hands, taking them away from him. "Stop."

"What? Daryl what the hell, that's twice now!" I yelled quietly at him, starting to get angry. Maybe he didn't want me? He must have seen the look on my face because he quickly reassured me. "I want to, Fi, but those guys they touched ya and I don't wana make ya do anything!" His voice got a little softer. "And I don't want ta seem like one of those pigs who only jus' wana fuck ya!" He backed up a little, becoming tense and uncomfortable because he just admitted his emotions and that's not something Daryl Dixon does.

I was a little shocked at the fact that he just admitted that, but then I got a little confused. "But, what about at the C.D.C.?" I asked him. We had slept together there and he said it was cause he was drunk. "Didn't you sleep with me cause you were drunk?" I said softly.

He shifted uncomfortably, but wasn't able to answer because we heard Shane yelling. We looked at each other and then ran over to see Shane was standing in front of everyone who had looks of fear on their face. "It was one thing to be sittin here pickin daisies when we thought this place was safe! But, now we know it ain't!" He was gona kill the walkers in the barn..

Daryl and I ran over and Shane handed him a gun. "Ya with me man?" Daryl grunted, took the gun and cocked it. "Ya got yours?" He said looking at me.

"Yes." I responded. If this was gona go down and I can't stop it, I'm sure as hell and gona make sure the bastards are dead.

Lori came up and started hissing furiously at Shane when he tried handing Carl a gun. "Oh shit." T-dog said, causing us all to look over to see Rick and Hershel come back holding walkers on sticks.

Shane started sprinting and cussing in fury at them. I followed and then everyone else got to their senses and followed after us. "What the hell are you doin!!" Shane yelled as we approached them.

I quickly came up and pointed my gun at one of the walkers that was trying to get loose and eat us. "Why do your people have guns?!" Hershel yelled.

"Oh come on man! Look what you're holdin onto!" Shane spit back as he was pacing around them in fury.

"I see WHO I'm holding onto!" Hershel yelled back as he struggled to control it.

"These things ain't people! They ain't sick! THEY'RE DEAD!" I yelled at him, letting my anger out at Shane and then at Hershel who actually thinks these are people. They killed Trey and my parents! I had no sympathy for them! I wouldn't admit it to anyone, but I was secretly on Shane's side.. Not with killing all the walkers in the barn, but I can't stop that. I was with him about giving Hershel a lesson on what these things are.

"They are killers! They killed Amy! Otis! And they are going to kill all of us!" Shane yelled, earning a nod from Andrea.

"Tell me somethin, could a living, breathing person take this?!" Shane yelled as he continuously shot the walker in the chest and heart, causing everyone to jump back. "Why is it still comin!?" He yelled at Hershel, making his point.

"Shane! Enough!" Rick yelled at him.

"Yeah you're right man, that's enough." Shane said as he walked over and shot the walker in the head, killing it for good, and making Hershel going to the ground with it in shock.

"Enough lookin for a little girl who is GONE!" I heard Carol whimper behind me and I took my aim off of Rick's walker and pointed it at Shane out of rage. Daryl came up and aimed his gun at the walker, but eyeing me too. "Enough living next to a barn full of WALKERS!" Shane yelled as he ran up and started to hit the chains off the barn door that held them inside.

Rick was screaming at Shane, but couldn't go over to him because he was holding the walker. I quickly spun around and shot the walker he was holding in the head. Shane broke off the first chain and moved down to the other, causing everyone to scream at him to stop.

He finally completely unlocked the doors and backed up, with his gun ready. Andrea and I quickly ran up and stood beside him, followed by T-dog, Daryl, and Glenn.

The barn doors creaked open and the walkers started to pile out, running towards us. We all started to shoot them, taking them down one by one.

I heard Hershel and his people crying and Rick yell at everyone to stay back. The last two walkers stumbled out and were quickly taken down, causing everyone to lower their weapons and look around at each other and all the bodies in front of us.

I looked to Daryl who was on my left with wide angry eyes, but his were just full of focus. Nobody said anything for a little, but then we all could hear more groans coming from the barn. I turned back and watched as the walker peaked out of the barn.

I felt my stomach and heart drop as the pale, dirty, bit, and lifeless Sophia shuffled her way out of the barn. All everybody could do was watch as she made her way across the bodies in front of her, groaning. I saw Carol run, crying Sophia's name, but Daryl caught her and fell down to the ground with her.

Sophia was gone. She was lost in the woods as a harmless child and had to go through the sickness and fear alone.

She made our way towards us and I realized someone had to do something.. I had to do something. I couldn't leave Rick to do it, he was already going crazy, and Daryl and Carol couldn't right now, so I was the next best person. I stepped forward and raised my gun aiming it at her head as she made her way forward. All I wanted to do was find this little girl, that reminded my self so much of me, and make it okay for her, but instead I'm holding a gun to her head.

I finally pulled the trigger, the shot ringing out as the walker fell to the ground... As I killed Sophia and who I used to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
SOOOOPHIIIAAA!!!!!:( This part was seriously just so intense and sad... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMl20nN9FI8 ) <---- The link if you want to watch it.

The music they play and the way they capture everyones faces is just heart-wrenching.

I also know this is kinda a shorter chapter, but I just wanted to do the whole barn thing!! I hope you enjoy!