Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

At Least We Know

(AUTHORS MESSAGE)----------->Ok ok ok ok, so.... I have like songs in the back of my head for certain scenes that describe the sadness or whatever emotion of the moment. I thought that I would share and you guys could like youtube the songs or something! So, if you see a song title or link that's what it is! Let me know if you want me to keep doing it or not!!

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rErze2EOI1s ) <-- link to the song played for the barn scene and a little after for in my chapter.--------

Ok now we begin the chapter:

I was frozen looking at her completely lifeless body on the ground. Blood had slipped out from the bullet wound on her head making me fully aware of what I just did. I felt a hand on my upper back and saw Rick appear next to me, looking at Sophia with guilty eyes. I didn't look away until I heard the screams of Beth who had tried to get to her mom, who happened to still be up and biting.

Everyone frantically pulled them away and killed the walker for good. I saw out of the corner of my eye, Carol push Daryl away and run off.

Hershel and his people started to walk off, all holding each other, but Shane just went after them. "We had spent days lookin for that little girl and she was in there the whole time!"

Rick went after them and yelled at Shane. I looked back at Syd who was was walking back to camp, she gave me a nod and then I went after Rick and Shane.

"Otis must have put her in there before he was killed." Hershel said in a quiet voice, still shocked.

"Y'all expect me to believe that! That's bowl shit!" Shane said taking a step closer, only to be smacked and pushed by Maggie.

Hershel's family all went into the house and Glenn walked off, leaving only Rick, Shane, and I. Rick started to try to see what the hell was wrong with Shane, but Shane just yelled at Rick some more. I was furious at Shane for doing what he did. We needed to stay here. I needed to give my sister a safe place and Lori needed one for her baby, too!
"Everyone knew that little girl was dead!" I heard Shane yell, which made me snap. I took a step and punched him right across the jaw as hard as I could, making him hold his jaw and grunt in pain as Rick grabbed me around the waist to stop me from doing anymore damage.
I ripped away from Rick and stormed off to the stables. I passed the camp and saw Daryl packing up his tent to move away.
I had to kill the walker that once was Sophia in front of everybody because of Shane! I was starting to get these people to some what like me, but now?
I heard footsteps behind me and already knew they were Rick's so I spun around and pointed at him. "If you're here to tell me that it wasn't cool to punch Shane then just don't! He needs to be put in his place and taken care of!" I said shouting at Rick while I pointed my finger into his chest. "And what the hell are you doing Rick? Carrying around that walker around?! I understand you were convincing Hershel, but did you think Shane was just gona wave at you with a smile from the distance when he saw that!?"

My throat was hurting from the yelling, so I stopped and ran my hand through my hair. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be taking this out on you." I said, looking up and seeing Daryl go into the RV with Carol. I tried so hard to not be jealous because Carol needed the comfort, but Daryl never went out of his way to comfort me like that.

Rick followed my gaze at Daryl, but then turned back to me. "It's fine. You need to let it out and I don't mind if it's on me, Fiona." He paused. "It's better than turning Shane into your personal punching bag." He said, trying to lighten my mood. I let out a little chuckle and slid down against the wall of the stable to sit. "It's just this was different. It was Sophia!" I said as I rested my head on the wall in sadness. "I hadn't talked to her much, or been with y'all for too long when she got lost, but I knew what it was like to be her and she didn't deserve any of it."

Rick crouched down in front of me. "I know. But, at least now we all know and can mourn." He said as he looked to the ground. I felt my hands start to shake a little.

I guess he was right, maybe it was for the best. "But, will we be able to move on?"

"In time." He said, looking up at me.

"But, what about right now? Where are we gona go?" I could feel my self try to push the meltdown far into the back of my mind, but I felt too comfortable with accepting comfort from Rick.

"I don't know, but we will find somewhere. Maybe another farm? I can still try to talk to Hershel."
"I think his mind is pretty set." I sat up and looked in Rick's eyes. "Has Lori talked to you lately?"

"Yeah. Yeah, she has. She's pregnant." He said with hesitation, not wanting to upset me even more.

I just nodded at him "You knew?" He asked me with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, I over heard her and Glenn talking about it." I said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry-"

"It's okay, Rick. And your family is going to be okay, too." I said, cutting him off as I stood up, trying to be strong again. I looked over and saw Daryl was still in the RV with Carol.
Rick stood up and saw my gaze. "I know it's not my business, but who was the father?"

I sighed. "Daryl."

He seemed to already know the answer, but still had a little bit of shock on his face when I turned back to look at him. "He's been different since you have been with our group." Rick said to me, still looking at the RV.

I looked over to him with raised eyebrows. "The Daryl I met was a closed book, hard headed, and very angry man. He still is those things, but you have softened him up, opened him up.." He said, looking down at me. "He's become a part of this family."

I sighed looking at Daryl in the RV window. I guess I did do that like I wanted to, but it's obvious that while doing that I grew feelings for him. Feelings that I don't want to and shouldn't have, but I do. He said he didn't want to just fuck me like he was a pig that just wanted to get in my pants, but he did at the C.D.C.. Would he have even wanted the baby if I had it? Maybe it was the Sophia situation that had softened him up in the first place...

I started to get myself upset at the thought of Daryl and then Sophia. My hands started to shake again like they always do when I'm sad or angry, so I held them and tried to control the shaking.

Rick caught on and wrapped his arms around me for a friendly hug. I would never think of Rick as anything more than my good friend or family, and I knew he wouldn't think of me as anything more than that either. He was a good, loyal man who loved his wife and family.

I hesitated, but put my head on his chest and hugged him back. He didn't judge me or get mad at me when I talked to him, he just comforted me like I would comfort him.. At least I managed to make a good friend in the end of the world.

I physically wanted to break down in tears or punch something again, but instead I just tightened my grip on Rick's shirt. After a little, we both broke apart and I saw Daryl looking at me.. I mumbled a pathetic thank you to Rick, but I wasn't sure if he heard it.

We both started to walk over to the barn to start to deal with all the dead walkers. I saw Sophia lying there and looked away quickly, pushing that to the back of my mind. It's time to get down to business, we were going to start digging graves and burning bodies.

I offered to help dig graves by the trees and walked over with T-dog and Jimmy. We each started to did a separate grave for Sophia, and two other of Hershel's people.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te5_nBsAqok&list=PL12iJ-96MtapPjTKB-gFAo901MYuUtVRL&index=2 <--- Link for song for the next scene )

I had been digging for a little bit, starting to sweat now as I took my emotions out on the shovel and dirt, digging like it's unhealthy. I needed this though, I needed something physical to let everything out on. T-dog and Jimmy said they were going to go take a break and get some water and bring the bodies over. I said no to coming with and just continued to dig.

After maybe 10 minutes of digging by my self I heard quiet footsteps approach me. I turned around to see Daryl handing me a canteen of water. I hesitated, but jumped out of the grave and drank some. I handed it back to him and jumped into the grave next to me that Jimmy was digging and started to finish it up.
"Ya should take a break." I heard him say to me in a angry, but soft voice. Angry?

"I'm fine." I said in a monotone voice.

"No. If ya were fine then what was that little hug session with Rick over there?"

Is this seriously what he came over here to talk about? I had a job to do. "This isn't the time for this, Daryl. Let me finish these graves."

"Ya fuckin him?" I heard Daryl ask in a hurt tone.

That caused me to completely stop digging and look up at him, then jump out of the grave, still holding the shovel with anger. "Are you fucking kidding me? After all we've been through you think that? I was going to have a fucking child with you!" I yelled at him.

"Ya never answered my question." He spit out at me with anger and still hurt. How was my answer unclear?

"You didn't answer mine." I said back to him, causing him to look at me with hurt and confusion.

"Did you sleep with me because you were drunk at the C.D.C.?" I reminded him my question from earlier.

He didn't answer me which made me go over the edge. "No Daryl, I did not fuck Rick. That's like me saying you were fucking Carol! We were comforting each other! Just like I would with my goddamn sister!" I paused and took a breath. "But, I fucked you! And I didn't just do it because I was drunk! But, I understand if you did, so you don't have to explain your self to me or pretend like you even care!"

I shoved the shovel into his chest and walked off, I couldn't breathe or even see straight. I was walking away when he ran up and turned me around, pinning my arms to my side. "Let me go!" I yelled in his face.

"No. You are going to listen to me for fucks sake, Fiona!" He yelled. "I TOLD YOU I CARED! I TOLD YOU!" He tried to soften his voice down. "I fuckin care about ya! I ain't a pig that would just sleep with ya cause I'm drunk! I slept with ya because I care about ya! Is that what ya want to hear?!"

"Yes-s, but-t you told me that you slept with me because you were drunk!"

"I told you that cause ya were dreamin about TREY! Ya little boy toy!" He said pinning my arms down harder.

"He wasn't my boy toy! He was my BEST FRIEND. And the dream I had was a NIGHTMARE and you were in it, too if that makes you feel any better!... I can't control my dreams goddammit! And I'm sorry that I just happened to say his name instead of yours!" I yelled in anger that he was bringing up Trey like that. "But, you don't have to worry because he's gone. HE'S DEAD. MY DAD'S DEAD AND MY MOM, TOO! SO IS OUR BABY! AND IT'S MY FAULT! SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEM EITHER!" I paused. "And I killed Sophia, so I can fucking dig her grave with out all you people harassing me!"

I shoved him away to get out of his tight grasp. He just stumbled backwards because he was in so much shock from me just yelling all of that at him. I tried to walk fast away and go somewhere else to have my emotional break down, but I couldn't breathe or see straight again, so I fell down to my hands and knees and wheezed.

I had tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to spill when I heard footsteps running over to me. "FI!" Daryl came down to the ground with me and pulled me into him. "Ya gona be okay, Fi. Come on, let's get'cha up."

He helped me stand up, but I was a little dizzy, so he kept his hands on my waist as we walked over to his tent that was now set up by a stone structure, far away from the others. We passed by T-dog, Jimmy, Shane, and Andrea who had come back and hopefully didn't hear everything.

Sydney saw us and she ran over with a worried look on her face. She walked with us over to his tent and she laid down with me on his makeshift bed while he went to get everyone for the service. I just laid there and sobbed unbelievably into my sister arms. She even cried a little.

After a little while we heard people walking by, so we got out and followed them to the graves that were now held buried loved ones in them. We all stood in a row and didn't say much, just looked at the graves... I managed to see Daryl eyeing me from across where Syd and I stood.
Everyone quietly walked off and went back to do what ever it is they do. I turned and looked at Syd. "You should stay with him tonight." She whispered to me.

I looked up and saw Daryl standing and looking at us from a little aways. He nodded his head towards his tent, signaling me to come with him. I kissed Syd on the forehead and told her I loved her, then made my way over to Daryl.

We walked back to his tent in silence and then went inside. He sat down on his bed and I stayed standing up. It was awkward for a moment, but I broke the silence. "I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have.." I trailed off not know how to apologize for showing weakness.

"Ya got nothin to be sorry for, Fi." He said softly. I started to pace a little, not enjoying feeling so vulnerable. "C'mere." Daryl said, signalling over to him. I looked at him and then came over. I didn't sit on the bed though, I sat on his lap, wrapping my legs around him. He put his hands on my waist and I put mine on the edge of his sleeveless shirts collar.

We looked at each other, but I then crashed my lips to his, moving my hands to the back of his head. The kiss was passionate, but still made the heat rise in the pit of my stomach. His hands roamed around my waist and back as I ran mine down his arms and tugged on his hair.

Our tongues fought for dominance and my hands made my way to the bottom of his shirt, slowly unbuttoning every button. Once I got every button undone, I ran my hands around his chest, loving every inch of it. I then intertwined my fingers in his belt loop. I wanted him. Needed to have him, all of him. I needed his comfort.

As expected, he pulled away again. "Fi..-" He started.

"No, Daryl. I'm fine. You aren't making me do anything, I'm doing this. I want to." I said to him in a voice barely above a whisper. That was all he needed to hear, causing him to continue to kiss me with passion. I pushed his sleeveless shirt off of his shoulders and he threw it across the room, not breaking the kiss. He then moved us, so I was laying on the bed and he was hovering over me.

(Fiest- Fire in the Water) <---- Song for next scene (Not a perfect match and yes ehehehe its from twilight)

I started to unbutton the buttons on my shirt as he kissed down my jaw and neck, sucking a little. I bit my lip to hold back a moan. I then got all my buttons undone and started to run my hands around his arms and chest.
He took one of his hands and ran it down from my chest to the waist band of my pants. He then broke away from my neck and tugged off my jeans. He then trailed his hands up my stomach, trying not to touch my healing cut too much and making my skin tingle at his touch, causing the fire in my stomach burn more for him. He let his hands trickle on my tattoos, then helped me slide my shirt completely off. Sitting up a little, he reached behind me to undo my bra, throwing that across the tent with my shirt.
He stopped and looked down at me laying under him then came back down to kiss me and ran his hands up to my breasts. I moaned a little into his mouth, then reached down and started to undo his belt buckle.

We both got completely naked and he came and hovered over me. He looked at me in the eye, making sure I wanted this. I nodded and pulled his head down to kiss him while he slid into me. He was gentle and passionate... it was completely amazing.

After a little bit I felt the fire in the pit of my stomach completely take over. "I'm so close.. Oh! Daryl!" I moaned as I came undone under him. He then thrusted into me a few more times and groaned, cussing a little, then he pulled out and came undone all over my stomach.

He looked at me with a guilty look for doing that, but I didn't mind, it was actually hot.. and we didn't have any protection on. I leaned up and kissed him, letting him know he was okay.

He plopped onto the makeshift bed on my side as I sat up and grabbed the canteen of water on the floor to clean my self off. After I got cleaned off I slid my undergarments and jeans on, while Daryl did the same thing.

What we had was more than just sex, it was comfort and passion as we gave ourselves over to eachother.

We finished buttoning up our shirts at the same time and then walked out of his tent. He sat down against the stone structure as I took one of the squirrels he had caught and went to get it ready to cook and eat. He had is own nice little camp and I loved it, but Hershel will probably be kicking us out of here soon enough. I sighed and squatted down by the fire bit, thinking about what just happened. It was amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOOOW ! SO THATS A WHOLE NEW STEP TO THEIR RELATIONSHIP!!! And just to make it clear Fiona and Rick do NOT have anything going on.... They are just good friends.. almost like brother and sister!!

And as for Carol and Daryl I'm going to be saying the same thing for them because Daryl has Fiona.

Comment and tell me if you like the whole music idea!! I hope you enjoyed!!!