Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Punk

"Holy shit." Glenn breathed out as he walked closer to us, looking at the bodies.

"You alright?" Rick asked all of us. I think maybe that should be reversed; Rick looked darker.. Killing a man always made you darker. It seemed like each one sucked a little bit of your soul out before you killed them, even if you had a good reason to.. I warned that fat bastard if he touched me I would kill him.. I wasn't joking around.

Headlights from a car bounced around the now dark bar, causing us all to frantically hide. The lights went off and I heard some men calling out the names of the people we just killed. I could hear the chatter of the men as their shadows were shown through the window, they heard the gun shots.

I checked my gun, now barely having much ammo, but I'm sure I had enough to take out a majority of these guys. Hell, I already killed one of them, might as well take all of them... They pissed me off.

I cocked my gun, but the noises from the men started to fade. Rick and I both checked out the nearest window and saw no sign of the men. "We can't stay here any longer, lets head out the back door and make a run for our cars." Rick whispered to us, receiving nods.

We started to tip toe out, but then more noises from outside caused us all to crouch back down against the wall. The men started to debate about weather or not the men that they killed were in the bar and of course, they decided to check it out.

I had my gun ready, pointed at the door as it started to creak open. Before I could attack, Glenn moved him self in front of the door and blocked it so no one could get in, revealing our prescence. Damn.

"Someone in there? We don't want no trouble, just looking for our friends" One of the men called out.

Glenn and Hershel had fear written all over their faces, but Rick was debating something. The men called out more, starting to get a little more agitated that we weren't responding and leaving them out their for dinner.

Glenn and Hershel both looked over at Rick with pleading eyes, but he looked away and made up his mind. "They drew on us." He yelled quietly to the men outside. Hershel looked away, thinking Rick had made the wrong move, but the looked back with more fear in his eyes.

"They in there? They alive?" The men yelled back.

Rick panicked a little, but then yell back. "NO."

You could hear commotion start to become louder outside as the men discussed. "They drew on us first! We had to!" Rick yelled at them. "We've all lost enough people. We wish we didn't have to, but it's like that now, you know that!"

Rick wasn't allowed to say more because he was interrupted by a gun shot through the window. He yelled at us to get out, but I stayed and helped him shoot back while Hershel and Glenn ran over to the bar.

The shots kept on coming and I didn't even know I got hit until Rick started yelling. "Shit. Fiona get down! You're hit!"

I guess the adrenaline and anger was a distraction of the pain that was running through my hip. The bullet hit me in the upper hip, not hitting anything too bad and wasn't too deep, but shit was it bleeding a lot. I ran over to Hershel and Glenn, not worrying about it right now, and took the extra shot gun that we left on the bar, then hid behind it.

The gun shots died down and I could start to feel the throbbing in my side, the blood run down, and my anger boiling. I heard Rick yelling some more as he reloaded his gun. "Nobody else needs to get hurt!"

I knew he didn't want to have to, but he was ready for this to go to shit, and I needed to be too. I quietly searched around the cabinets of the bar and found a large rag they used to clean the tables. I took it and wrapped it around my waist to control the bleeding.

I sat back down with the shotgun I had retrieved ready and heard nothing but dead silence. Glenn then got up and ran toward a different door that led to some type of room or diner. We all were listening closely for any sign of danger, but it was all quiet, besides a few squeaky steps.

The sound of a gunshot and glass shattering suddenly rang out through the bar. "GLENN!" I yelled out, trying to creep over to the door.
"I'm alright!" He called back with pure fear in his voice. I slowed down and Rick signaled for me to come to him. "I'm gona hold here. You and Hershel cover Glenn, see if we can find a car and get the hell out of here." He whispered.

Hershel and I both quietly made our way down the creaky steps and over to Glenn. He heard our footsteps and jumped, pointing his gun at me.

He realized it was me and apologized. He was scared shitless. "We're gona try for the car." I told him.

"Oh, jesus. Try?!" He said, trying to remain calm.

"Try and succeed. We'll cover you." Hershel assured him.

Glenn slowly made his way out the back door, Hershel and I following shortly behind him. A gun fired from my right and I turned around and shot the man. I noticed Glenn's feet from behind the dumpster, but he wasn't moving.

"What happened?!" Rick said as he came running up.

"Man shot, Glenn might be hit." I told him and then slowly crept my way to the dumpster. "You hit?" I whispered over, getting no response, so I asked again. "Are you hit?!"

"N-No." I heard him mumble. I let out a sigh of relief and then hid next to him. I noticed that the bullet hit the wall right above him and the look on his face. "It's gona be alright. We're almost out of here."

He nodded and snapped back into it. I felt my side start to ache and burn, but I pushed it to the back of my mind as I crept out from behind the dumpster to only be greeted by more bullets. None of them hit us because we quickly took cover again, but the fast twisting I did made more blood gush out of my side. I groaned a little and then held it.

I heard men pull up in a car and then try to get another one of their men. I stood up and aimed my shot gun at the driver, but he made a sudden movement and I hit the guy in the passengers seat. I heard screams and groans from the guy I shot, and then saw him get kicked out of the car.

The guy in the drivers seat hid down and yelled at the man on the roof to jump down, which he did.. and failed. I heard screams of agony and then tires squealing as the men left.

I didn't feel it necessary to waste ammo shooting at the car, so I went and crouched back down again. I held my hand to my side and lifted it back up, seeing that it was coated in blood. "Fuck." I mumbled under my breath.

Rick came over and saw my side was in bad condition then mumbled something under his breath that I couldn't catch. Before I could even think about it Rick told us to get Hershel and then ran off to the man screaming help me.

Multiple walkers started to come over, but stopped at the guy that I shot's groaning body. Watching a man get eaten never gets easier to see, especially when the person is still alive and screaming, like this one.

I turned away from the man and we all ran over to find Rick, who was helping the guy who fell off the roof. "Rick, we need to go. Now." Hershel hissed at him.

"We can't leave him he's a kid!" Rick yelled at us in a hushed voice. The top of the fence went through the kids leg, there was no way to win here.

"This guy was shooting at us Rick! His leg is pretty much gone! Let's fuckin go!" I yelled to him.

"We aren't leaving him!" He yelled at us.

Hershel pulled him aside to talk some sense into him, but the kid wouldn't shut up. "Can't we just cut the leg off?" Glenn asked.

"OR FUCKIN SHOOT HIM!" I yelled over to them.

The didn't listen to me, just started to prepare his leg to be chopped in half. This was pissing me off, this guy was shooting at us! His leg is a bust and we can't bring the fucking enemy back to camp!
I was about to walk off in anger, when I spotted a large horde of walkers. "Walkers!" I yelled out to them, making them go quicker, but the kid to get louder. More walkers started coming behind Rick and I knew there was only one way to get out of this alive.

I ran over and yanked the kids leg up with the hardest pull I could do and free'd his leg from the fence, receiving a blood curdling scream from him.

Rick ran over and him and Glenn started to carry him over to a car. I'm not sure where our car was, but we weren't getting to it, so we needed a new plan, fast. I pointed over to a red station wagon and luckily the doors where unlocked, so they could put the kid in. I ran around to the drivers seat, trying to not focus on my side and started to hot wire the car. I was actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Rick, Glenn, and Hershel had shocked looks on their faces, but quickly got over it when I hopped in and started to drive away. I didn't get far though, my side was starting to feel more and more painful. "Rick.." I croaked out as I stopped the car. He quickly got out of the passenger seat and helped me into the back by Hershel who started to adjust the rag I had tied, so the bleeding stopped.

I started to become more focused once the bleeding stopped and finally tried to catch my breath. I was not happy about this at all.

-------- (Daryl's p.o.v.)
"Have you seen Lori?" A frantic looking Carol asked.

"Not since she came over here bitchin about Rick and makin Fi go off after em."

"They're not back yet and we can't find her." She said, out of breath.

I don't know what was takin them so long, but I couldn't help to get antsy thinkin about Fi. She just ran off doin someone elses dirty work and puttin herself in danger for no good fuckin reason. I'd say I told ya so to her, but all I can think about is what coulda happened to her. "Probably got her panties in a bunch and went lookin." I said, not looking up from the fire I had goin.

Carol started her bitchin at me, how the hell was this my fault? I had looked for this woman's little girl everyday and she just comes over here and bitches to me?

I had managed to keep my mind off what happened at the barn lately, because Fi sure knew how to distract me, but I don't need to here Carol in my ear remindin me. "Don't do this, please.. I've already lost my girl."

I don't need to have her guilt trippin me. "That ain't my problem, neither." I spit into her face and then walked off to grab my crossbow and take a piss. She ran back to the camp and I walked off into the forest.

I ended up just wanderin around, tryin to keep my mind off everything, but couldn't not wonder what the hell was takin them so long? All Fi was doin was goin to pick em up, somethin must'a happened..

* (Still Daryl's P.O.V.)

I woke up early, like I always do and started to keep my self busy with shit. Why the hell were they still not back from the bar yet? The worst that could've happened is they got trapped and spent the night, but the thought of Fi curled up against Rick isn't very comforting either.

I threw the squirrel I just skinned in anger and got up to leave, only to be greeted by Andrea. "We're going to go run out and look for them. Comin?"

I grunted my response at her and walked over to the car they were packin. Andrea stopped to talk to Dale about some shit and I grabbed a water from the car that T-dog and Shane packed. Shane told me the plan as he continued to pack the car.

Shane didn't want Rick back, he wanted Rick dead... like Otis. Shane was on my bad side, the things he's said and done to people, especially Fi, just piss me off. But, I noticed the fading bruises on his face from when Fi punched him and I smirked, she was a tough little son of a bitch.

"Guys!" Andrea said as she came over to us and pointed to a car coming back to the farm. It wasn't the same one they left in yesterday, but I saw it was them as they drove by. I jogged over to the car that Rick parked by the farm and watched as he jumped out and hugged his family.

The old man went to do the same, but got dissed when Maggie ran to Glenn. They're fuckin.

"Who the hell is that!?" T-dog yelled pointin to the car.

I didn't see Fi jump out, but I did see some beat up punk. "Get your ass movin. I don't got all day." I heard Fi's voice come from the back of the car as she kicked him out and he fell. Fi then practically fell out of the car and heard Lori say that she still came after them, causing her face to look more agitated then she already was.

I noticed she wasn't standing up straight and looked pale, but she was on the opposite side of the car, so I couldn't see why. "That's Randal." Fi said in an angry voice as she walked past the car. I now noticed that she had her hand on her hip which was covered in a rag and that her whole right side was covered in blood. I knew she shouldn't have put her life on the line for Lori's own problems! That bitch ended up following after them anyway, getting in a car accident! Did the punk fuckin do this?

"What the hell happened and who is this fuckin kid?!" I asked in anger as I stepped towards them.

"Fuckin douchebags." I heard Fi mumble under her breath as she slowly made her way over to the rest of the group.

"What the fuck happened!?" I said stepping closer to her, by Rick and Lori who looked pissed at me for swearing in front of Carl.

"We ran into some men at the bar, were a little too friendly." He said in a stern voice.

A little too friendly? Did they fuckin touch her? Why is he so cool about it?! "What the hell do you mean too friendly. What did they do?!" I yelled.

"God, would you keep it down. I got a fuckin headache." Fi mumbled as she put her hand on her head.

"Fiona go inside, Hershel will fix you up." Rick said to her.

"No, he's fixing the stupid kid. I'll do it myself." She said as she walked away over to the tree line.

Rick announced that he was having some type of meetin about what to do with the punk, but I decided I would rather not listen to these idiots talk, and go find Fi. I walked passed Sydney, who had a sour look on her face, probably because of Fi.

I saw her leaned up against a tree, lifting her shirt up to see the wound. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuck." I heard her groan as she looked at it.

------------(Fiona's p.o.v.)

My whole right side was drenched in blood from this stupid gun shot, and I'm pretty sure the bullet broke into two piece inside me. I let out and aggravated groan and fuck and then put my shirt back down.

My sister had brought me over some clothes, which was nice of her, but then tried to help and I ended up yelling at her. I felt bad, but I was tired of asking for help and I was just so pissed off. It doesn't help that she looks at me like I'm glass, either.

I turned around and noticed that Daryl was walking over to me, so I picked up my clean clothes and met him half way. "I'm using your tent to change." I said to him as I then walked to my left to go over to his camp, him following on my heels.

I peeled off my shirt and jeans that where now soaked in blood and threw them outside the tent. I didn't bother even closing the tent door.

I slid on a clean pair of over sized sweatpants, but left my shirt on, knowing that I would have to get real down and dirty with this wound. "Ya got any alcohol?" I called out to Daryl, who hesitated, but came in the tent seeing I was only in my bra.

I saw him swallow the lump in his throat and then go over to one of his bags and pull out a small bottle of alcohol and a little medical kit.
I sat down on his bed and opened up the alcohol and took a drink, then dumped it on my wound and the tweezers in the medical kit. I hissed loudly at the pain, but I knew that was the least to come.

I took the tweezers and hesitated, but stuck them into my side to fish out the first bullet piece. I let out multiple curse words as I dug around inside my flesh, trying to find the piece. "Lemme do it, Fi." I heard Daryl say, but I just shook my head.

"I'm capable of doing it just fine, thank you." I said in a sarcastic and angry tone. I dug in deeper and let out a loud "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" As the pain struck me.

"Ya gona fuckin make it worse." He said in an angry tone, stepping forward.

Right after he said that I got the first bullet piece out and threw it outside the tent. I took another drink of the booze and went to get started on the second piece, but the blood and the angle it was at made it almost impossible. I let out a long sigh and handed him the tweezers in defeat. "Told ya." He said in a mocking, but angry voice.

"Don't fuckin push it, Dixon." I snapped at him, still in a sour mood.

He put a hand on my stomach to hold me steady, causing butterflies in my stomach, but they where quickly killed when the pain of him digging the tweezers inside of me hit. I let out a loud groan of pain and squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for it to be over, but it wasn't. The tweezers just went deeper and caused me to grip onto Daryl's arm.

After a few minutes of pain he finally pulled the second piece out and threw it. I let out a heavy breath and then took another drink of the alcohol. He reached in the medical kit and pulled out stuff to stitch me up with. I wanted to do it myself, but the blood loss and pain was really starting to get to me. "Fuck." I mumbled as I put my hand to my head, trying to see straight again.

Daryl looked up at me with a worried look, but then quickly looked back down and started to stitch me up. The pain was a lot more bearable, so I just sat there and drank the rest of the alcohol, not even knowing what kind it is. Vodka maybe?

"Hey, while you're at it, wana take the stitches out of my stomach?" I asked, making him do the stuff I was to lazy to do.

He grunted and finished on my hip and went to my stomach, taking them all out. When he was finished I layed down on his bed, feeling defeated. "What the hell happened?!" I heard Daryl ask, completely angry again.

"Met some douche holes in the bar, killed em and then it turned out they had friends. Rick decided to be Mr. Do Good and save that kid who got left. It was a close one." I said as I tried to tame my anger towards that fat bastard at the bar and kid who almost cost us our lives.

"They got too friendly?" He asked in a angry, disgusted tone. "What the hell does that mean."

"Why do ya think I killed the bastard?" I said, sitting up.

"What the fuck were ya doin? Ya could of got killed for that bitch!" He spat out in anger.

"But, I didn't. I'm sitting right here and I am fine." I said through clenched teeth.

"Ya not fine! Ya got shot! And those bastards touched ya?!" He said, getting himself riled up.

"Not a big deal, Daryl! It's taken care of." I hissed back, trying to calm down.

"Not a big deal?! What if they-.."

"But, they didn't. I can handle it." I said. He should trust I can protect my self.

"Ya always gettin yourself into trouble! And ya put ya life on the line for some dumb bitch! And ya can't tell me that you can always fight off a horny group of bastards!" He yelled, stepping closer to me.

"I've fought them off so far. I can take care of myself. And I am part of this group now.. that means that I have to do stuff for them, it's not just me and Syd anymore. I was helping Lori out, it wasn't a big deal and it's better me get shot than her and her baby!"

He came over to me and sat on the bed. "Ya fought them off, but you got hurt in the process." He said in a softer voice as he looked over to the large scar on my stomach.

I met his bright blue eyes and looked at him for a while. I guess he was right, but I still could protect my self. I broke our stare and put my shirt on, then plopped down in the bed, exhausted and soon falling fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I got back from out of town earlier than I thought because I got sick. THAT MEANS MORE WRITING!:) And, DAAAAANG already chapter 22?!? I should probably be writing my reports on the books I have to read for school, but hahahahahahahahah no. Sorry if this chapter is kinda suckish, I am dead tired, but I just wanted to get this chapter posted for you guys!! :)))