Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Dead

"Oh my god... Shit. Shit." Rick whispered as he pulled Carl and we all started running.

There was no way for us to get over to the house, we couldn't get throught the walkers, and we couldn't go around them either. "Stay close." Rick whispered to us as we then started to run towards the barn, dodging walkers. Rick stayed on the left side of Carl and I stayed on his right, but what good would I do, I didn't have my gun on me.

We ran into the barn, quickly closing the doors behind us. I grabbed a metal pole that was off to the side and stuck it through the door handles, so it can't be opened. We looked around frantically, what the hell are we gona do. What is the rest of the group going to do? Daryl? Syd....

I snapped out of my thoughts as I spotted some gallons of gas. I snapped at Rick and pointed over to them. We all ran and grabbed one, dumping it all over the barn. We finished and then Rick pointed to a latter, leading to the top of the barn. "Hurry! Both of you up there!" Rick yelled in a hushed voice to us.

"What about you!?" Carl asked.

Rick handed me the lighter. "Drop this when I say. I'm going to lead some of them in here, distract them from the house." He paused. "Carl, I love you." He then looked at me and nodded, I nodded back at him and then led Carl to the ladder, climbing up after him.

Rick ran up to the barn doors and kicked and yelled at them, then pulled the metal pole out, opening the doors. "Come on!!!" He yelled at them. "OVER HERE!"

All the walkers started piling in as Rick ran for the ladder. He screamed some more at them and then made his way all the way up. "DROP THE LIGHTER!" He yelled.

I clicked the lighter, creating the flame, and then dropping down on the walkers, fire instantly catching. The moans of the walkers rang in my ears as we turned around and went onto the ledge of the window. Carl handed me his gun, knowing I was a better shot, and let Rick and I shoot the walkers below us.

The RV started driving toward us, this could be our way out. "HEY! OVER HERE!" Rick yelled. I saw Jimmy drive the RV over to where Rick had pointed and we jumped on, heading to the ladder on the back. I heard Jimmy's screams from the RV and instantly knew he was gone.

We all ran down the ladder, shooting the walkers in our way as we ran, heading towards the forest line. I saw cars circling around and gun shots all over the place, were they trying to kill them all? There is no way...

We didn't head into the forest, instead we went towards the house to find Hershel standing there, shooting the walkers. There was one about to get him from behind, but Rick took it out. "Lori! Have you seen Lori?" Rick asked him.

"No! They're like a plague, they just keep coming!" Hershel yelled.

We had to drag him away, he didn't want to leave his farm. We were running to the car when I heard a unmistakably familiar scream. I stopped dead in my tracks and saw Syd being circled by walkers.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrulQAZq7Y8 <----- this song for the next scene/rest of chapter)

"SYD!!" I screamed as I started to run towards her. I shot as many walkers as I could around her, but soon ran out of ammo. I ran over pulling out my knife, but before I could get close enough she let out a blood curdling scream as a walker snuck up behind her and took a bite out of her neck. "NO! SYD! NOO!!" I screamed as I ran over, but a pair of hands grabbed my waist pulling me back. "We have to go!" Rick screamed from behind me.

"NO! SYDNEY! NO. NO!" I screamed breaking free of his grasp and running over. I felt every fiber of my being and will shatter into pieces. My sister. My sister. I failed her. I had to get to her.

A group of walkers separated Rick and I, so I saw him run backwards towards his car, not taking his eyes off of me. I ran over to Syd and the small group of walkers that where now around her and stabbed every single one of them in the head.

"SYD! NO! No no no no no!" I screamed out as I fell to my knees next to her. Her face was barely recognizable because so much flesh had been ripped off it. "NO!" I continued to scream.

As I looked at her face I felt like my insides where shattering. "Syd, please, no." I cried out. "I LOVE YOU! SYD, NO!" She was already dead, she couldn't hear me. She was gone.

I felt every crack that I had tried to hold together, break. I felt every emotion that I have felt, leave and be filled with rage and unbelievable sadness.... I felt my heart sink into my stomach.

Groans filled my ears as I shot up and saw another group of walkers come over. I got up and ran into the woods, leaving my sister to be eaten. I stopped and threw up by a tree, shaking uncontrollably. My sister was being ate. I punched the tree and screamed out, wanting to die.

I was wheezing and sobbing as I continued to punch the tree. I fell to the ground screaming.
I don't even know if Daryl was okay. I almost wished he wasn't so that I can put a bullet in my brain and not feel bad about it.

I stood up straight and started running forward again and didn't stop, Trey's last word bouncing in my head. Survive.

------(Rick's Point of View)

All I could think about was killing Shane and Fiona's screams as I looked around. We got split up and I left her, but I tried. I tried so hard to get to her, but failed.

I was ducked behind a car with Hershel and Carl close by, hiding from the walker that was wandering by.

We had already been here for a little while and I was getting an earful from both Hershel and Carl. But, this would be the place everyone would go to if they got off the farm... It had to be. "We can't stay here any longer." Hershel told me. "I'm not leaving with out mom." Carl pleaded to me.

Hershel was right; I had to keep Carl alive, he was my only concern right now. I knelt down before Carl and looked into his eyes. How do I tell him we have to leave his mom behind? I was about to say something, but the familiar sound of car engines made me look over to the caravan of vehicles.

I couldn't help a small smile to come to my face, and the same was with Hershel as we snuck over to them. My wife, she had to be in one of them.

"Oh thank god!" Lori's voice cried out as she ran to Carl. I felt my heart beat again as I ran over and hugged them both. She was okay, my wife was okay. I stood up and saw Daryl jump off his bike and look around.

Daryl walked over to me. "Where is she?!"

I didn't respond, I couldn't.

"Where is Fi!?" He asked in a very angry and upset voice.

"I-I lost her." I said, looking over to my wife as Daryl took a step back. "She went for her sister and I couldn't get her."

"You lost her!?" He yelled quietly. "I'm goin back." He tried to hop on his bike.

"No. It's too dangerous." I stopped him, even though I wanted to go back and find her, too.

"I ain't leavin her!" He spit out in my face.

"Holy shit! Guys!" Glenn yelled out, causing us to look behind us. There she was, Fiona, walking towards us, covered in blood and dirt. I took a step closer to see if she was a walker, but she was alive, barely. The look on her face and in her eyes was unmistakable... Her eyes where darker than I've ever seen them, they held no emotion.. nothing. If I had been some random stranger I would have thought she was a walker and killed her by now.

Daryl ran up to her, but she didn't even look at him as she walked by. She didn't look at anyone... She just made her way past all of us, over to the walker that we hadn't noticed coming at us.

She slowly walked over to it and took her knife and stabbed it, not stopping at all. She had pretty much stabbed the whole head off, brains going everywhere, but she still did not stop. Everyone was looking at her in shock, she had lost it.

I could tell she was trying to hold on before, but she had already lost so much, so losing her sister was going to kill her.

Daryl ran up behind her and tried to pry her off the walker, but she fought back. She kicked and cried, until she finally broke away and shoved him back. He stumbled backwards, but regained his balance and was staring at her.

She was breathing heavily, looking like a mad man, scaring the shit out of everyone. She gripped her knife tight in her hand, but wasn't holding it by the handle, she was holding it by the blade. Blood dripped out of her hand and from the blood that had been splattered on her face. She looked like at any moment she was going to kill someone... or herself.. But, then all of the sudden her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she passed out.