Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

All I Want

Water, granola bars, knives, and jacket.

I was making a mental check list of shit to bring for the run. It was earlier in the morning, but Rick didn't want to wait any longer to head out. Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and I where the only ones going out on this run. T-dog and Maggie wanted to come along, but we needed someone to stay on watch.

Daryl wanted me to stay back, but another day alone without the few people I can actually handle in this group, I would explode... Daryl hadn't said much to me after getting caught by Glenn last night, he was very uncomfortable about it. I didn't try to push him about it, knowing I already had pushed him enough recently.

I closed up my backpack and threw it on my shoulders, then waited as Rick and Glenn said bye to the ones they loved. We all walked out the door and piled into a car. I sat in the back with Daryl as we drove off.

Their was a small strip mall at least 30 minutes away and if we are lucky the guns and ammo shop didn't get cleared out already. The ride was awkwardly silent, besides when Rick talked telling us everything we needed to grab. I saw Daryl give harsh looks to Glenn a few times, but then I also felt his gaze flicker over to me.

We pulled up in front of a few stores that I didn't recognize besides a small grocery store and pharmacy. Rick said that Daryl and I should split up right now because we both only had silent weapons. He started to protest against that, but Rick assured him that it was better for us to split up into pairs of two.

"He's right, Daryl. It will go quicker if we split up." I said to him, only receiving a look and him walking off.

There was no way Daryl was going with Glenn, so him and Rick went off into the grocery store and pharmacy while Glenn and I went into the clothing and gun store. We walked over to the gun store, which I was oddly excited about going inside. "Uh, sorry about last night." Glenn told me, not making eye contact.

"It's alright, not a big deal." I said, still looking around us for walkers.

"Well not to you, but Daryl is another story."

I snorted a little. "He's just being Daryl, he'll get over it." I assured him as we reached the doors.

Glenn nodded as I tried to open the door, it was locked. That was a good sign. I bent down and started to pick the lock with the tip of my knife. "Will that actually work?" Glenn whispered down to me, trying to watch behind us.

A few moments later I got it unlocked and pushed the door open, causing Glenn to smile at me. We quietly moved inside, looking all around, but there was no sign of walkers. The shelves weren't full, it looks like the owner stocked up and then made a run for it, locking up behind him, but there was still plenty left. "Fuck yes." I breathed as I started packing boxes of ammo into my bag.

Glenn had a smile on his face as he started doing the same thing. "We hit the jack pot." He said as he looked around.

I walked over to the room that they kept all their pistols and felt like a kid on Christmas morning. I squealed as I walked over and grabbed a few, throwing them in my bag, then picked out the best one for myself. I admired it and then checked to see if it already had ammo in it. Four rounds, sweet.

Glenn came in and his smile grew as he looked around. He grabbed a few silencers and then some rifles and shot guns. I was excited to show the rest of the group what we found.

When we left, there was still a lot left, but we couldn't carry it all and we could always just come back. I made sure to use my knife and lock the store back up after us even though anyone can probably pick a lock.

I put the gun I picked out in the waist band of my pants, hopefully I wont need to use it right now.

I had recently gone on a run for clothes, so when we got to the clothing store we only grabbed a couple of things for everybody; Glenn getting stuff for the guys and I got stuff for the women. I grabbed multiple pairs of gloves, socks, and scarves because I had the feeling this winter was going to be a rough one.

I heard footsteps behind me and spun around, thinking it was Glenn, but was greeted by a walkers rotting face. "Shiiiiit." I cursed as I pulled out my knife and stabbed it to the ground. I stood up and looked around, it was quiet, but then out of fucking no where a whole bunch of walkers started to pour out from the door.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I mumbled as I started to back up and make my way over to the men's section to find Glenn.

"Glenn!" I yelled with a hushed voice, not wanting to get the attention of more walkers. I looked around and saw him putting more shirts into his bag. "Glenn!" I whispered again, causing him to look up. His smile faded when he saw the blood splatters on me and then he put his bag on his shoulders and ran over.

"We gotta fuckin go." I whispered to him as we ran to the back of the store, hopefully to find a back door. I spotted a door and pointed to it.

We ran over, hearing groans behind us as we shut it. It wasn't going to hold for long, so we had to go, fast.

I looked around at where we were, an alley in between two stores. "This way!" Glenn whispered and then we both took off to leave the alley, but stopped dead in our tracks as another group of walkers rounded the corner. "Shit. Shit. Shiiiiiiit." I yelled in a whisper as we turned around and sprinted to the other end off the little alley.

As we exited I saw Rick and Daryl leaning against the car waiting for us. They stood up when they saw us coming, but then their faces fell when they saw the horde coming behind us. "Get the car started!" Glenn yelled over to them as we continued to sprint away, dodging the walkers that where already in the parking lot.

We where almost to the car when a hand grabbed my hair and pulled me down to the ground. I let out a yelp as my back slammed down to the concrete. I heard Glenn and Daryl yell my name, but Glenn had to kill the other walkers around us before he could get to me.

The walker that had grabbed my hair got down onto the ground to take a chunk out of my neck. I pushed his neck away as his teeth snapped at me. I took a breath in and then readied my self for what I was about to do.

"FI!" I heard Daryl yell in the distance.

His voice made the determination in my veins stronger and I leaned back, but then quickly shot my head forward, head butting the walker trying to take a bite out of me. It stumbled back and I crawled backwards. I heard gun shots shooting the walkers around me, but that just riled them up.

I saw even more walkers approach me now, so I quickly stood up and pulled out my gun, shooting a path through the walkers to the car. Glenn saw me get up and quickly made a path for himself, too.

We both ran and then dove into the car. Rick and Daryl stopped shooting and then shot back into the two front seats, driving as fast as we could away. "Are you bit?!" Rick asked frantically.

Glenn and I looked over at each other and then to Rick. "No..." I breathed out. "No I'm all good." I saw Daryl unclench his fist as I said that.

I leaned the back of my head on the seat as Glenn and I tried to catch our breath. "I'm gona drive down different roads, then double back, leading the walkers away from the house." Rick said as he started taking random turns.

The car ride was silent again, besides Glenn and my heavy breathing. About half way through the ride Glenn spoke up hesitantly, trying to lighten the mood. "We hit the jackpot with the guns and ammo...?"

Rick just nodded and continued to drive back to the house. We had only been gone for a couple of hours, so when we got back to the house it was midday. Rick went over to greet Carl, but not Lori, they definitely had some strong tension ever since Rick told her he killed Shane. She was being stupid, Shane tried to kill him for gods sake. Glenn went over to Maggie, but Daryl just stormed off to the basement, throwing the bag of stuff he got on the counter.

Everyone looked at him, then at me, but I just ignored it and dumped all the clothes, guns, and ammo I got on the table. Every ones face lit up and people started to get excited. I then took my bag and went down stairs after Daryl.

He was leaning his crossbow on the bed, putting arrows into their holder with anger. "Daryl?" I asked as I came down the stairs, but he didn't respond or even look to me. "Why are ya so pissed?" I asked, receiving nothing again. "Daryl!-"

He whizzed around and screamed. "You could have gotten ya self bit!!" I took a step back, a little surprised at his outburst.

"Well I didn't! I am fine Daryl!" I yelled back at him.

"Ya, and what if ya weren't? All because ya wanted to fuckin split up!" He screamed, getting in my face.

"I didn't want to split up! I just thought it would be faster! I can take care of myself and I did just fine!" I yelled, starting to get angry.

"If it weren't for the rest of us ya wouldn't have been fine!" He yelled at me. Breathe, I reminded my self, trying not to let that uncontrollable anger come out on him.

"If it weren't for the rest of ya they wouldn't have gotten all riled up and came at me more!" I yelled at him, but before he could say anything else I turned around a went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

I felt like a teenager for doing that. My dad would have broke down the door and then attacked me if I did that at home.

I walked away from the door and immediately turned on the shower. I put my hands on the counter, leaning on them and putting my head low. I heard a bang come from the room, but then it was quiet. Breathe. It's just Daryl. Breathe. I was trying to push my anger and craziness down as I took deep breaths. Do not turn into the hulk. This was starting to become an every time thing with anger and I don't know if I can control it every time.

I heard the door creep open and then I saw Daryl appear out of the corner of my eye. He awkwardly stood at the doorway and shifted on his feet. "Fi.."

"What?!" I shouted unexpectedly. I put my hand over my mouth and then went back to the position I was in before and took deep breaths. "I jus' don't wana lose ya... I thought I told ya that..." He trailed off awkwardly, trying to push his anger away.

I relaxed a little remembering how he told me he pretty much loved me, remembering how I love him. I stood up straight and looked at my reflection in the mirror, I looked like a crazy person again. I let out a sigh and turned towards Daryl. "I know." I mumbled. "I just.." I trailed off and let my actions speak for me.

I stepped towards Daryl and he looked down at me. I leaned forward as he leaned down and our lips collided. I had my hands on his chest and he hesitated, but put his on my hips. I wanted Daryl, I wanted every inch of him. Every touch, every kiss, makes me feel something besides numbness or sadness and I know it's because I love him.

I remembered that I had the shower on, so I reached behind Daryl and shut the door. He looked at me confused as I broke away, but then his eyes widened when I pulled my shirt off and slipped off my boots. I saw him swallow the lump in his throat as he looked at me.

He stepped forward and crashed his lips to mine. I put my hands on his neck and pulled him into me, but then traveled them down his chest. I felt him shudder as I ran my hands down his chest, I knew he liked it.

I pulled up his shirt and he broke away, taking it all the way off, then kissing me again. The kiss started to get more rough and passionate as he snaked his tongue into my mouth, letting his hands run around my back and sides. I wanted to make love to him.

I set my gun that was in my waist band on the counter and started to unbutton my pants, but Daryl picked me up and sat me on the bathroom counter, ripping them down my legs. He started to kiss and suck on my neck, down to my collar bone.

I hooked my fingers into his belt loops and pulled him closer. I started to undo his belt and then he kicked off his pants after his shoes. His mouth went right back to my neck and then trailed down to my chest. He reached behind me and undid my bra, making it fall down my arms. I let it fall to the ground and Daryl leaned back, looking at me.

I then stood up and slid my underwear off, Daryl following my actions immediately. I walked past him and went into the shower, letting the water wash over my body. He then stepped in and stood up close to me, our body's touching and his face barely inches away from mine. He pushed me up against the wall of the shower, causing the water to wash over him, drenching his hair.

I leaned up and kissed him while I tugged on his hair, it was getting so long. I wrapped one of my legs around his waist as his hands roamed all around my body. I felt myself melting into his touch as I roamed my hands around his muscular arms and chest. He then put one of his hands on the lower thigh of the leg that was wrapped around his waist.

He pulled back and looked at me, wondering if I was ready to do this. "I want you." I whispered as I looked into his bright blue eyes. "I love you." I said after a moment of us just looking at each other.

He then clashed his lips to mine and slid into me. I let out a moan into his mouth as he opened it and slid his tongue into mine. He let out a groan as he filled me and let me adjust to his size. He started to thrust gently as he kissed me and ran his hand down my leg. The water was running down, drenching us.

I ran my hands up his back and dug my nails into him, causing him to hiss and thrust harder. I moaned out from the pleasure and he broke away from my lips, moving down to my jaw line and neck. I tugged on his hair, causing him to moan into my skin as he bit and sucked.

My body felt amazing from Daryl's touch everywhere. The numbness I had once felt, was completely gone.. I felt something besides anger and sadness, and I loved every ounce of it.

I leaned my head back and arched my back as the fire in my stomach started to build. I moaned out and held onto Daryl's arms. He started to thrust harder into me, sensing that I was getting close. "Oh my- Daryl!!!!" I yelled out as my orgasm shook my body. The feeling of it was so amazing and different from anything I had been recently been feeling.

"Fuck, Fi." He groaned as he started to get closer. He brought his head back up and I kissed him as he reached his climax. He moaned into my mouth and thrusted one last time before his muscles relaxed. We stayed there for a while and caught our breaths, but then I unwrapped my leg from around him and stood up straight.

I reached for the soap and started to wash off the dirt, grime, and blood off of me. I unwrapped the bandages on my arm and hand that where now soaked and I threw them out of the shower. I then handed Daryl the soap as I stepped under the water and rinsed off. I stepped out of the way so Daryl could rinse off, then we hoped out of the shower and turned it off.

I grabbed towels and threw one at him, hitting him in the face, causing him to smirk. I started to dry off, but then I caught my reflection in the mirror.

I looked sickly skinny and the cuts and scars all over my body didn't help my appearance. My hair was much longer now and it stuck to my wet skin. The life never came back to my eyes and the bags didn't leave either, causing my cheek bones to stand out.

Daryl stepped into the view of the mirror and now had the towel wrapped around his waist. He looked amazing with his hair sticking up in different directions and don't even get me started on his arms and chest. "What'cha thinkin about?" He asked me, as our eyes met in the mirror.

I let out a weak laugh. "I look.. dead." I said, then wrapped the towel around my body.

"Ya beautiful, Fi." He said looking at me in the mirror.

I felt my breath catch in my throat and the blush creep up to my cheeks. Daryl Dixon just called me beautiful.. I have completely demolished his hard shell. I smiled a little to myself and faced him. "We should get dressed." I said, not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

He nodded and we walked out of the bathroom. I searched through my bag and slid on a new outfit. I now had a sweater that hung loose on me and a pair of skinny jeans on. I ran back into the bathroom and got all my dirty clothes, putting them into my bag to wash later.

I then slid my boots back on and looked up at Daryl who had on his same jeans with holes at the knees from bending over and a long sleeved button up shirt with his leather vest over it. I sighed and slid my gun back into my waist band then waited on the steps for Daryl to grab his crossbow and follow me up.

When we walked up into the kitchen everyone looked over to us, but I just ignored it and walked over to the table. I sat down by Glenn and saw all the stuff on the table. "What's all this?" I asked.

"Found it in the rooms up stairs, pretty cool, right?" He said with an excited voice.

I looked at the table to see notepads, laptops, little game boys or some shit, and a bunch of magazines. "Can I use this?" I asked, grabbing a notepad and pencil. "Yeah, sure!" Glenn said.

I gave him a weak smile and then walked into the living room, knowing Daryl would follow. I walked in and saw Rick sitting and watching Carl mess around with one of the game boy things. "Rick, is there anything ya need us to do?" I asked him.

"T-dog's gona go out after his look out shift and gather firewood; you could help him, and Daryl I need you for a shift later tonight." Rick said.

Daryl and I both nodded. I had some time to kill so I walked over to the couch and sat down. Daryl came over and sat in the chair across from the little table next to the couch, looking over at me. I opened up the notepad to the first blank page and started to draw. I wasn't sure what I was drawing yet, I seem to figure that out after a little while..

I used to love to sit down and sketch, it calmed my mind and let me express what was going on in my head. I could feel Daryl and Rick watching me as I started to sketch things out on the paper with a lot of interest.

I finally finished sketching over the whole sheet of paper and looked at my final image. I had started off just randomly sketching trees, but it turned into the creepy tree line that I would see at night. It morphed into this dark and creepy drawing with out me even realizing.

"Woah, thats really good." I heard Carl say as he shifted to get a better look at it.

"Uh- thanks." I said. "You kinda have to know how to draw to be a tattoo artist." I said as I shrugged my shoulder.

"Cool." He said, still looking at my drawing.

I ripped it out of the notepad and handed it to him. "Keep it." I said, causing his face to light up again, he hesitated to reach out for it, so I nodded at him and pushed it closer. "Thanks." He mumbled as he took it from me and looked at it again.

"I'm gona go see if T-dogs ready." I said as I got up and peaked out the door to see he was coming down the balcony. I ran into the basement and grabbed my jacket, sliding it on and then went outside with T-dog and Daryl.

Daryl and T-dog started to chop up the wood I would bring them and then I would carry it inside and stack it up by the fireplace.

None of us expected to stay here for so long, but we haven't found a reason to leave yet, although I'm sure soon enough there will be one.

After collecting the wood up for a while, we decided we had enough and all went inside. My hands where red because they got so cold, it was definitely late fall, almost winter. Rick got a small fire started in the fire place, but closed the vent to the chimney so we didn't attract other people with the smoke.

Carol handed us a small bowl of squirrel and some type of beans to eat for dinner. I went and sat down in front of the fire to eat, I was freezing. After I had finished eating I still sat there, enjoying the warmth, but then eventually it got really smokey so I got up. I saw that Daryl was sitting in the chair he was in earlier, away from everyone else.

I held my hand out for him to give me his empty bowl and I took them into the kitchen, putting it into the sink. Daryl followed after me and grabbed his crossbow, getting ready for his shift on watch. He gave me a quick nod and then turned around and headed outside to the balcony.

It was dark now and a few people went up to their rooms, but I stayed and started doodling on the note pad again.

*

It had been an hour or so and pretty much everyone had gone to bed, besides the people on watch and a few that where just up chatting. I had managed to fill up multiple pages on the notepad. I drew the moon, eyes, squirrels, and even butterflies. I felt a little ping of sadness when I looked at the butterflies that resembled my tattoo, so I shut the notepad and threw it across the room.

I let out a deep sigh and ran my hands across my face. I heard footsteps and the floor squeak, so I looked up and saw Rick. He picked up the notepad, then walked over and crouched down in front of me. "Hows your arm?"

I looked down at my arm that now had no bandage on. "S'fine." I said awkwardly, remembering how I got it.

"You're a good artist." He said, looking at the notepad.

I shrugged. "I guess that's why people asked me to give them a picture they will have forever on their body."

"Yeah.. Yeah, I guess so." He said, setting the notepad down on the table next to the couch. "At the farm..." He trailed off and I sucked in a breath. "I'm sorry that I left. I-I couldn't get to you and-"

"It's okay Rick. You had to get Carl safe, no hard feelings."

He nodded. "Do you think I am doing the right thing here? With the group.. " He asked, looking for my advice.

"I think that you always to whats best for the group. I also think that anyone who can't see that is blind." I said the last part, talking more about Lori. He seemed to get that I was talking about her, and he nodded.

He set the notepad down, thenput a hand on my knee and stood up. He started to walk out, but turned around and looked at me. "I'm sorry.. about Sydney." He said, then walked out of the room.

I let out a sad, breathy laugh and then reached over to the notepad and quickly started drawing. I hadn't even realized I was crying until I saw the drops wet the paper. I drew fast and finished quickly. The left side of the picture was half of Syd's beautiful, bright, and smiling face, while on the right was half of her demolished and gruesome face I last saw. I did a lot of horror and realistic tattoos, so the half of her I drew looked so real.

I let out a whimper, but then wiped all the tears away and stood up, going into the basement. I need to stop doing this to myself. I need to stop making myself upset.

I slammed the notepad down on the ground and then took of my jacket, not wanting to sleep in it. I took out my gun and knife and set them on the little bedside table, ready for if I needed them quickly. I then switched my jeans for a pair of sweatpants, taking off my shoes, and then hopped into bed.

It was the basement, so it was a lot colder then it was upstairs and I was already really cold. I wrapped the blankets up around me, but I still found myself shivering a little. I was afraid to fall asleep, not wanting bad nightmares, so I just laid there, letting my mind wander while I shivered.

I laid there for what felt like hours. I closed my eyes, so I could try and focus on staying warm, but was failing. I then heard the door open up and quiet footsteps down the stairs. I didn't open my eyes, I knew it was Daryl.

I heard him shuffling around for a little bit, but then felt the bed sink as he sat on it. I heard the ruffling of paper, he must have found my notepad...

It was silent for a little, but then I felt him plop down on the bed, letting out a sigh. The bed shifted as he tried to maneuver so he was under the covers without disturbing me. His hand accidentally hit mine and he quickly snapped his back. "Fuckin cold." I heard him mumble, taking about my hand. It was quiet for a second. "Fi, I know ya awake."

I sighed and turned, so I was laying on my side, facing him. He put his hand on my forehead and then felt around my face. "Ya freezin, Fi." He said. I shrugged my shoulders and he let out a sigh, pulling me into him so I could warm up.

I let out another sigh in satisfaction, his touch made me feel better and he was warm as I cuddled into his chest, letting out a few last shivers. I felt my eyes start to get droopy, knowing I could fall asleep safely with him here. I was focusing on his hands that where on my back as I slowly started to drift off, but something Daryl said caught my attention.

"I love ya, Fi." He said as he shifted, so he could fall asleep. I guess he already thought I was sleeping. I smiled to myself as I felt my heart flutter, and my eyes close for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heey guyyyys! So... love making....? Hehehehe.. So a whole new giant step in Fi and Daryl's relationship!!!

I couldn't exactly think of a song for this chapter, so just any of the pervious songs i've posted will work!!! Enjoyy