Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Taken

Oh shit what have I done?....

I ran through the house and up the stairs, locking myself in the bathroom. I heard my dads angry, drunk footsteps come up the stairs.

I quickly dug through the medicine cabinet and drawers searching for some type of bandage. My dad had come home very drunk and horny from his weekend get away..

I locked Sydney into my room before my dad could notice she was home, but then I wasn't able to make a clean get away, so I received some blows to the face, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. Until he brought out the knife..

He decided that he wanted me to take my shirt off, so he took the knife and ran it down my back, cutting much deeper than the shirt... I could have just ran out, but instead I wanted revenge, so I took a kitchen knife and threw it into his arm.

I found some type of white bandage, so i quickly lifted up my ripped shirt and wrapped it around my torso. "YA BETTER OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN!" I heard my dad yell as he pounded on the door.

I cursed under my breath and started to look around for something to use as a weapon, but all I found was a screwdriver that we used to fix the sink. It's going to have to do.

My dad started to pound on the door even more and I felt my anger rise, I hated this man. I flung the door open, causing him to lose his balance, then shoved the screwdriver into his shoulder. He let out a scream and then stumbled back a little bit, allowing me to run back downstairs.

I ran to the room I locked Syd in and pulled her out, running towards the door with her. "I'M GONA KILL YA!" My dad yelled, stumbling down the stairs. "Fuck you!" I screamed and then pushed Syd out the front door.

We ran into the street and I stopped her, putting my hands on her shoulders. "Go to Mrs. Davison's house, stay there, I'll lead dad away then meet you there." I said to her. Mrs. Davison lived on our street and was the sweetest old lady out there.

"I-I- Are you sure?" Syd asked.

"Yes. I'm just going to lead him away, I'll be fine. Now go, I love you." I said as I turned her around.

She hesitated, but started running off. I heard our front door slam open and my dad look around angrily. I ran into our yard and caught his attention. "I hate you! You big fat bastard!" I screamed.

"Ya better shut ya mouth before I shut it for ya!" He yelled and then started to run towards me. Without hesitation, I quickly ran into the forest behind our house, dodging trees left and right. My dad was too drunk to pick up my trail or even run straight for more than a few minutes, so I knew it was a perfect place to lose him.

I felt my back start to sting and blood soak through the bandage, but I kept running for just a little longer. I looked back behind me and saw no sign of my dad, so I started to slow, but ran right into something.. no, someone.

I quickly stepped back, but relaxed when I saw it was Daryl Dixon with his crossbow at his side. "T'hell?!" He yelled, but then saw me and his eyes widened. My shirt was barely even still on my body and I'm sure the bruises on my face where starting to show up.

"I have this pretty bad itch on my back, but can't reach it.." I said jokingly as I turned around, showing him my back. I heard him mumble "shit" as he saw the bloody slice that trailed down my back...

* (End of Flashback)

I was standing in the yard of my old house, looking around at the deserted neighborhood. I couldn't move my feet, they where stuck to the ground. I heard the front door of our house open and my dad stumble out, but he wasn't my dad, he was a walker. He started groaning and moaning as he made his way over to me. I frantically tried to move my feet, but I was getting no where. He got closer and I shut my eyes, preparing myself for the pain of him taking a bite out of me, but felt nothing. I then heard loud cries and looked down to see I was holding a little baby. My dad was taking a bite out of the little innocent soul as I saw it's familiar bright blue eyes looking up at me...

I shot up a little bit and looked around, seeing that I was still in the basement and Daryl was asleep next to me. I ran my hand over my face and through my hair, trying to get that dream out of my head.

I looked at Daryl who was asleep next to me with his little baby snore. As I looked at him I remembered yesterday.. I remembered the tingle that his touch on my body and his lips on my neck provided. I felt my heart flutter as I remembered it, but then I realized something... we didn't use protection.

I felt myself start to get worked up, but what are the chances the two times in my life I didn't use protection, I got pregnant? It took some people months to get pregnant when they tried...

I still couldn't help the worry start to take me over. I mean, I can't go through what happened last time I was pregnant and now that I know we are all infected I can't even consider bringing a baby into this world.

I never really had sex with many people before in my life. The only times I really did was when I was in a dark period of my life after my good friend killed herself, but I made sure we used protection every time..

I remember skipping school weeks at a time while I smoked a bunch of different things, drank, and partied. I never drank that much, because I didn't want to end up like my alcoholic asshole of a father.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, I'm sure I am fine and this is just a little scare. I all of the sudden wasn't tired anymore, so I snuck out of the covers and slipped out of bed. I tiptoed around the room, searching through drawers and tables.

I finally found what I was looking for, a calendar. I don't even know what month to flip to, let alone what day it is...

I started to search my mind for the date of when we had to leave the house because of the outbreak. It was late September.. I then counted the days from then, trying to figure out the date. I ended up with the date of November 6th.

It had already been a little over a month since the outbreak, I guess that seemed about right. I sighed and then made sure of the date of my period so I can be sure that I'm not pregnant. Once I got everything figured out, I just flipped through the calendar. I then realized that my birthday was a few days ago... "Happy fuckin birthday." I mumbled to myself.

I looked back at Daryl, I wondered when his birthday was. He probably wouldn't want me making a big deal about it though. Maybe I would ask around the group to see when their birthdays where so we could have something to celebrate every now and then. Thanksgiving was coming up, too.

I looked into December on the calendar and one date stood out, the 26th.. Syd's birthday.. I remember the day she was born, my dad was out on a bender, but I was with my mom the whole time. I also remembered holding her as a little baby, she was my Christmas miracle.

I felt sadness rush into my mind, so I decided to do something to distract me. I started to search through more drawers and the desk in the room, not really searching for anything specific, just looking around. I hope the people that used to live here didn't mind, but then again what do I care?

I didn't find anything too useful, just some more notebooks, random papers, pens, and books. I was looking through the desk, finding nothing new and throwing things all around, not really caring. Daryl was still asleep, so I assumed that it must be very, very early in the morning.

There was a magazine that got stuck in the top of the draw above the one it was in so I had to yank hard at it to get it free. I ended up yanking so hard when it came free, I fell on my ass. I grunted at myself for being so clumsy and then looked at the magazine I had fell on my ass for. I let out a laugh, but then quickly put my hand over my mouth remembering Daryl was still asleep.

I heard him shift around in the bed and listened to see if I woke him up. It was quiet for a second, so I assumed he was asleep. "What the hell are ya doin?" I heard his rough voice ask, causing me too jump up and hit my head on the top of the desk.

"Ow, ya fuckin scared the shit outta me!" I hissed at him while I put my hand on my throbbing head. I could see his smirk from here even though it was still dark in the room. He snorted a laugh and then slid up on the bed so he was sitting at the edge of the end of it, looking at me. "Jesus, make a big enough mess?" He said to me.

I laughed a little and threw the magazine at him. "Found their porn stash."

He caught the magazine and looked at it, then awkwardly coughed. I laughed a little more at how uncomfortable that made him. "Shut it." He said as he threw the magazine back at me, causing me to laugh more. I felt like I was high..

I looked up and saw his bright blue eyes, which made my laughter completely fade. They looked exactly like the ones the baby had in my dream, was the dream a sign? No, it couldn't be..

I saw Daryl's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion at my sudden seriousness. "Uh- Daryl.." I started. "Yesterday we didn't um-.. we weren't uh- 'safe'" I said awkwardly. His face didn't look any less confused. "We didn't use protection." I spit out, getting right to the point.

His eyes widened in realization. "Are ya pregnant?" He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"No.. well I don't know." I said. "But, we'll find out soon enough."
He nodded a little, but then didn't say anything. I stood up and slid on my boots, grabbed my gun and knife, then walked over to the stairs. I looked back at Daryl and he was still just sitting there, deep in thought. "You comin?" I asked.

He snapped out of his thought and then slid his shoes on, grabbed his crossbow, and got up, coming over to me. I quickly ran back and grabbed my notepad and pencil, then walked upstairs with him.

No one was up yet and the sun had barely even started to rise yet. Daryl plopped into a chair and leaned his crossbow against the table. I sat down at the table across from him and let out a sigh. "Whens your birthday?" I asked him, randomly. He just looked at me. "Why?"

"Jus' wondering." I said. Knowing I wasn't going to get an answer from him, I opened up the notepad. I tapped the pencil on my chin while I was trying to think what to draw. I couldn't really think of anything, so I just started to sketch the kitchen. I had the paper landscape style so I could fit more on it, and ended up drawing Daryl while he cleaned his arrows. I added a lot of detail to his eyes and arms, snorting a laugh at myself for drawing a hot Daryl. "Wha?" He asked looking up at me.

"Nothin." I said while I shrugged my shoulders and opened up to a new page. He looked at me with a curious expression, but then just went back to cleaning his arrows. I wasn't sure why my mind led me to start drawing pictures of my father as a walker, but I made a gruesomely realistic picture of him with flesh in his mouth.

I quickly flipped the page and started to draw another picture of Daryl to calm my mind, but stopped halfway at the sound of people coming downstairs. I looked up and saw Lori walking behind Carl with her hand on her stomach. She was starting to get a little baby bump. I saw Rick come down shortly after giving Daryl and I nods.

I ended up helping make breakfast for everyone and I am not sure how I got sucked into that. Almost everyone was downstairs now, besides the people on watch.

After we finished making and eating breakfast I went outside and told Glenn I would take over watch for him. I was still in my baggy sweatpants and sweater, so I was warm enough. I looked like a bum, but who the hell cares?
I sat down on the chair that was on the balcony and looked around the forest with my binoculars, it was times like these that I wished I had glasses. I saw a few of the guys come out and start chatting and then walking around the perimeter. I was guessing that they where thinking about building a fence.

I took my attention off of them and back to the woods. I scanned it again with the binoculars and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, until I saw a branch on a tree start to move around.

It was barely windy out, so I knew it wasn't from that. I decided to go check it out real quick, taking my knife out. It was probably just a walker wandering around. The guys had started to walk back inside, but I got Glenn's attention before he went in.

"Hey Glenn! Can you come here and watch for a second, I think I saw a walker roaming around, so I'm gona go take it out real quick."

"Uh, yeah. Want me to come with?" He asked, coming up the balcony.

"No, just stay up here, I'll be back in 2 seconds." I said, and then handed him the binoculars before running down the balcony.

I walked over silently to where I saw the branch move with my knife ready. I stepped a little into the forest, trying not to make any noise. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a small little campsite, but no one in it.

I turned around to see if anyone was around, but got slammed across the face with the butt of a gun, sending me down to the ground. I let out a groan of pain as I spit the blood out of my mouth. "Get everything packet up, I got the girl." I heard someone tell another person.

I sat up and was about to stab this guy in the head, but was sent back to the ground by his foot on my ribs. I slammed back down and groaned in pain again. I was starting to get really angry.

I let my hands snake into the back of my pants, and pull out my gun. In one swift movement I brought it out and shot the guy above me right in the head, causing him to fall on me. "Shit!" Someone mumbled from behind me.

I threw the guys body off me, but couldn't get up and run in time before two more guys grabbed my arms and pulled me back, causing me to drop my gun. I struggled, but couldn't break out of the strong grasps as I was getting pulled back to a truck. "Your a feisty one aren't ya." One of the guys said as they lifted me up into their truck.

I let out a yell for help as loud as I could, hoping Glenn would here me. I received a slap across the face for that one. "Hurry up. I think the bitch has friends." One of them said as they dodged my kicks and got me inside the car, one of them coming in the back with me.

I shot up and punched him across the face, then tried to make a lunge for the door, but all of the sudden I was pinned down, with my back on the seat. The man over me had a skinny, scarred face, but a very meaty body, that was way to strong for me to get out of his grasp. He reminded me of the pigs that would hang out at the bar everyday and he looked at me like I was the first female he has seen since the outbreak. Fuck, I probably am.

"That wasn't very nice." The guy said in a low voice.

Another guy got in the other side of the back of the truck by my head right before we drove off. I looked around and saw there where 4 guys. I could kill them all easily if I got my hands on a weapon..

I wasn't going to let them drive me away because hell, who knows how far it would be and I need to get back to the group. I need to get back to Daryl, so I have to make a move. I saw the guys in the back with me talking to each other, so I took my chances.

I shot my head up, headbutting the guy that had me pinned down, causing him to shoot back. I then spun so I was sitting up and leaned back so I could kick the other guy in the balls. He let out a yelp of pain as I crashed my foot down on him and then up to his face, kicking his chin so his head slammed back. I made a move for the door and got my hand on the handle, about to push it open, but the guy that I headbutted grabbed me from behind.
He grabbed my hips and yanked me back away from the door. I tried to kick him, but he maneuvered so his knees where on my legs, crushing them. I struggled more and tried to push my self away, but the guy I had kicked in the balls grasped my hands and pinned them down. I felt my body start to shake in anger at these men that where trying to take me away from my group.

"Everything okay back there?" The guy driving said.

"I'M GONA KILL YOU!! FUCK YOU! GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" I screamed as I looked up and struggled against their grips more.

"Fuckin bitch." The guy that I kicked in the balls said as he punched me across the face. My blood started to boil as I screamed and struggled more, only to get a gag put in my mouth and tied around the back of my head.

I was now laying on my stomach with my face into the seat and I couldn't manage to get out of their grasps, but I didn't stop struggling. I felt a stinging in my ass as the guy behind me slapped it, causing my anger to rise so all I could see was red. "Feisty." He whispered to me.

These guys weren't psychopaths like the guys Daryl and I ran into in the housing units, they just hadn't seen a female in almost 2 months and now that there was no one to stop them, they where gona take me. I wouldn't let them, they weren't going to lay a damn finger on me with out a shit load of pain coming their way.

I felt the guy behind me run his hands up under my shirt, lifting it up. I screamed and struggled, but my screams where muffled and my struggling did nothing, but cause the guy behind me to completely come on top of me.

He ran his hands up and slid them under my bra. "Mmmm." The guy let out as his hands cupped my breasts. I could feel his bulge against me and it made me want to throw up. His touch was anything but pleasuring, it was disgusting and made my anger boil.
All I could see was red, until the car stopped and I was hit in the back of the head, causing everything to go black.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUNNNNN! Woooooah.

I'm already on like chapter 30!! Wooooooow!!

Thank you guys for all your comments, I will have another chapter up soon!!! I hope you enjoyed!