Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Fields

The word walkers made me more alert and on guard. I sat up, but not too fast that I would get dizzy again, and then grabbed my gun and knife from Daryl. He threw my bag over at me and then we both ran upstairs. I felt my head start to throb, but I ignored it as we came into the kitchen.

People where running around, trying to pack up all the food and clothes they could while others where on the porch shooting at walkers. "We gotta go!" T-dog yelled back at everyone as he was shooting. Everybody quickly grabbed their bags and started to run out of the door. I shoot at the walkers that where getting close to us as we made a dash to the cars.

I quickly jumped on the back of Daryl's motorcycle as he got it running, and then we sped off after the other cars. My head was throbbing like crazy now, so I rested my head on Daryl's back trying to take deep breaths and make it go away.

We head drove down for a while, but then we all started to slow. Rick got out of the car he was driving and we all met around him. I slowly lifted my leg off the motorcycle, but all of the sudden the ground started spinning, so I stumbled a little. Daryl caught me before I fell on my face and held me steady until everything started to stop spinning.

I stood up and Daryl dropped his hands from me as Rick started to talk. "We should all have at least half a tank of gas left. We can drive down to the strip mall we have gone to get supplies from and syphon some fuel out of the cars around."

"Maybe there will be another house or farm somewhere." Lori added as she held onto Carl.

Rick just nodded while he looked to the ground, then walked back over and got into his car. Everyone followed him and I got back on the bike behind Daryl. He looked back at me for a second, but then looked forward and started to drive off with the caravan of cars.

*

After we got all the gas tanks full, we started to drive off again. It was late morning and the air was crisp as it blew my hair around on Daryl's bike. I was still pissed at what Daryl said this morning, but I was slowly getting over it, it wasn't a big deal.

I could tell he was still upset about it and was tense as I held onto him as we drove. I ran my hands over his hips and then up to his chest, trying to get him to become less tense. He wasn't expecting my touch, but he slowly relaxed under me.

I knew he was upset about those assholes touching me, but no damage was done and there is nothing we can do about it now. I kept my hands on his chest, loving to be able to touch him.

We passed by a few other houses, but there was too many walkers around them for comfort, so we drove on a little bit. We ended up making a stop to stretch and look at the map. People handed out a few cans of food and everyone started to eat a little bit. "Should probably go huntin before it gets too cold." Daryl said to Rick.

"Yeah. Alright, by the looks of this map there is a lot of open fields over here." Rick pointed his finger to a big green spot. "Probably some houses over there that we could check out. Once we get settled, Daryl you can go out and see if you can catch anything." Rick looked around for anyone to object, but everyone just nodded and got back in the cars.

I could tell that some people didn't like how Rick had taken over complete control and gotten darker, but it was for the best. I think he had had it with people questioning his leadership, mostly Shane, so once Shane was dead he cracked. I had respect for Rick, he was doing everything for the group and I don't think anyone could do anything better than what he has done. I let out a sigh and put my hands around Daryl as we drove off again.

We had been driving for a while, but then pulled onto some dirt roads and took them down to where we saw the open fields. The cars in front of us stopped and we both got off the bike, walking over to see what was ahead. It definitely was a ton of open fields and hills, but in the distance you could see that there was some large cabins.

Everyone quickly got back in the cars and we drove down over to one of the cabins. It wasn't in very good shape, but it was definitely big enough to fit us all. Rick, T-dog, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, and I all went inside with our silent weapons to look around. I had a little bit of deja vu as we searched through the house.

There where surprisingly no walkers inside, which was a good sign that there weren't many around here. It looked like this was used as a hunters cabin before; it had rifles and stuffed animal heads on the wall. There where a couple of rooms up stairs, another few downstairs, and a large living room.
No one liked the idea of us splitting up, so we decided that we weren't going to clear the other cabins. The rooms where split like they where before, but this time Glenn and Maggie got their own room. Everyone brought their stuff in from the cars, but no one settled in. It seems like no matter where we go we aren't going to settle in because no place is really safe anymore.

Daryl and Rick took the first shift on watch right away, not wanting to miss anything. I took Daryl and my bags over to the room that we where givin. It wasn't much of a room, it pretty much had a mattress, a chair, a small table, and a dresser. It's better than sleeping on the ground or in cars though, so I didn't complain. I threw our bags onto the bed and then started to look around.

I found a couple of small knives in the dresser along with some clothes that looked like they would fit a large man. I took the knives and put two in my boots, replacing the ones that I lost. It was chilly in this cabin, so I went over and plopped down on the mattress next to our bags. I pulled my jacket out of mine and slid it on.

I noticed my notepad had fell out and was glad that Daryl packed it for me. I opened it to the next blank page and started to draw the first thing that came to mind. It was a picture of the road with the trees along the sides and Daryl's bike sitting on the road.

The door to the room opened up and I saw Daryl walk in and start to look through his bag. "I'm goin huntin."

"I'm coming." I said as I got up from the mattress.

Daryl gave me a look. "Hershel said ya need to rest."

"Yeah, well thats not going to happen either way." I said, very determined to get my way. "I'm coming." I repeated, wanting something to do.
He let out a sigh. "Fine, lets go."

He left the room and I followed behind him, very satisfied. I got a little bit of a hassle from Rick for going out, he always shot people down now, but I convinced him easy enough.

Daryl and I walked across the fields and into the woods in silence. It was starting to get colder, so there wasn't as many animals hopin around, but Daryl still got a few squirrels. We slowly and quietly trekked through the forest, following animal trails in silence until I broke it.

"Those deer tracks?" I asked Daryl who was crouching down, looking at the ground.

"Think so, but it's hard to tell." He said not taking his attention off the trails.

I couldn't help but notice his arms as he held his crossbow, even though he was wearing sleeves, you could still see the outline of his muscles. I let out a sigh that came out louder than I wanted, causing Daryl to look back at me. "What?" I asked him when he didn't look away.

He shrugged. "Ya the one that keeps sighin, not me."

"Your the one that keeps lookin at me." I said back like I was a teenager.

He stood up. "I'm only lookin at ya cause ya sighin." He was now closer in my face and then tension between us was clear as I looked into his bright blue eyes.

I couldn't resist anymore and crashed my lips to his. He flinched a little in surprise, but then quickly kissed me back, pushing me up against a tree. I moaned as my back hit the bark and his tongue slipped into my mouth. His lips on mine made them tingle and my head start to spin like this was our first kiss. I ran my hands around his chest and then his back as he started to kiss down my jaw and neck.
My head went back and I tugged on his hair, causing him to let out a little groan, but then I saw it. "Daryl! Stop." I whispered, causing him to look up at me with a confused and hurt expression. "Give me your crossbow."

"What the hell-" He started, but I cut him off. "Shh! Just give it to me and then don't move a muscle." I whispered, causing him to raise an eyebrow at me, but he then gave in and quietly handed me his crossbow. "Bend down." I whispered.

"Fi, wha-"

"Bend down quietly!" I hissed. He gave me a look, but then bent down. He already had an arrow loaded in his crossbow so I lifted it over his head and then sent the arrow flying straight into the deers neck. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and then Daryl stood up and spun around.

He looked back at me with wide eyes and I smiled to my self and handed him back his crossbow. "Dinner."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took me so long to get up, I kept getting distracted all day!!!!
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I will get started on the next one right away!!