Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Mercy of the Living

"NO!" Rick called out from across the fields as him, Daryl, Glenn, and V started to run as fast as they could over to us, but they wouldn't be able to get here in time. I immediately pulled out my gun, along with Carl and Lori.

"GO! GET OUT OF THERE! LORI!" I heard Rick call as we started to shoot at the walkers. Maggie, Carol, and T-dog came over and started to shot at them with us. Beth and Hershel hurried into a fenced off section and shut the door, staying away from the walkers that just kept pouring out.

I kept on shooting at them, trying to take them down one by one, but there was too many. "FIONA!" I heard one of the boys yell, but couldn't make out who. "That gate is open!" T-dog yelled as he shot a path through the walkers. If the gate was open then that meant a lot more walkers were coming and we needed to get inside, especially Lori. "LORI!" I yelled over at her and signaled to the caged walk way entrance to the call block "Over here!" Her, Carl, and Maggie followed me inside and shut the metal door. We quickly entered the door that we first came in to clear out the prison a couple days ago.

We were walking to the cell doors, but then a whole nother group of walkers came out. "GO GO!" I yelled, pushing Lori and Carl into the corridors and following behind them. We were now in the same dark corridors that Hershel got bit in, but then all of the sudden an alarm starts going off.

We started to walk faster, but Lori started to slow down. She grabbed the wall and started to breathe heavily. "I think the babys comin." She breathed out. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit! "Mom?!" Carl asked, scared for his mother.

The groans of walkers spun us all around and Carl was about to shoot them, but I stopped him. "No. There's no time! Turn back!" I called out, putting Lori's arm around my shoulder and trying to run in the other direction. Carl lead us through the hallways, trying to stay away from walkers as Maggie and I dragged Lori. She was starting to cry out, most likely pain from contractions.

All the hallways were blocked off by walkers, but then Carl found a door for us to duck into. "In here!" He called out and then held the door open for us. We went down the stairs to what seemed to be a boiler room and Lori grabbed onto chains hanging from the wall, breathing heavy as we listened to the walkers pass by the door. Lori started to get more contractions and let out heavy breaths of pain, shit she is going to need to give birth here...

"We need to get back to the cell block, get Hershel to help her!" Carl said.

"No, we can't risk getting caught out there, we are going to need to deliver this baby here." I told them. "Okay, let's get your pants off." Maggie said and then we both helped Lori onto the ground. Maggie started to pull her pants off. "We need to check how dilated she is." Maggie said, trying to figure it out.

"Do you know how?" Carl asked, fear in his voice.

"Dad taught me a few things, but trust me it's my first time." She said, looking down to Lori.

"You ready to help deliver your brother and sister?" I asked Carl, trying to stay calm, but I was truly freaking out. He just looked at me wide eyed.

"I can't tell." Maggie said to Lori. "I gotta push. I gotta push." Lori said and we helped her stand up.

She groaned out as she pushed and then reached her hand out. I grabbed it and she squeezed it as she let out her first push. "I'm okay. I'm okay." She said and gripped onto the wall again.

"Your body knows what its doing, let it do all the work." Maggie said as Lori pushed again. Maggie and I got our hands ready to grab the baby, but instead I felt something else, blood. "Lori stop! Don't push! Somethings wrong!" I said as I looked at my bloody hand and Lori let out a small scream. I looked over at Maggie and she had the same wide eyes as I did.

The alarms suddenly stopped and I guessed that the others turned them off. We laid Lori on her back and she was starting to get woozy. "Lori we gotta get you back." Maggie said as Lori's head was bobbing side to side.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkqngdLLIcg&list=RD02JXbPtyZekfE <--- Song)

"Mom! Look at me!" Carl yelled.

"I know what it means for my baby, you've gotta cut me open." Lori said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"No I can't." Maggie said bluntly.

"Please." Lori begged.

"Dad taught Carol how to, not me. I have no anesthetic, no blade." Maggie went on. "You won't survive."

"Please. My baby.. My baby has to survive. Please!" Lori begged.

"I'll do it." I said. I knew how Lori felt and I knew that there was no other way. "Thank you. Thank you." Lori whispered to me as I sat in front of her open legs, pulling out my knife. Maggie went to her side and held her hand as Carl came over and they said their last words. Carl started to cry and I tried my best not to focus on their sad words, I had to stay focused. Carl hugged her as they started to cry harder and say I love you.

I noticed Maggie was crying hard next to me now and I faced her and grabbed her hands. I gave her a reassuring nod as Carl back away and then I faced back to Lori, lifting up her shirt. "Fiona when this is over you have to.. It can't be Rick!" Lori told me, making Maggie and Carl cry harder. "I know." I told Lori, trying to keep my voice strong for her.

"Alright. Alright." She said as she looked up at the ceiling getting ready for what was about to happen.

Maggie and Carl grabbed onto her hands as I brought my shaky hand up to her stomach. I had someone cut me like this before, so I compared it to mine as I brought the blade down across her stomach. She let out a blood curdling scream as the familiar sound of flesh ripping rang out.

I tried to make the cut quick for Lori, but her screams still rang out in my ears. I put the blade down and dug my hands inside of the cut. Lori's screams died down, so I guessed that she had passed out. "Maggie. Maggie, I need your hand." I said as i signaled for her to hold the cut wide for me as I tried not to focus on the fact that I just killed Lori.

I dug my hands in and felt the uterus. I felt the babies body and then grabbed onto it. "i'm goin to pull the baby out, now." I said to them and then slowly and cautiously pulled the small body out. Maggie reached over and cut the umbilical cord as I pulled out the baby girl, but then I noticed it wasn't breathing. I quickly thought back to the CPR lessons I once learned and moved the baby so I could tap on it's back. Maggie and Carl let out breaths of relief as the babies cries rang out.

Carl quickly stripped off his jacket and handed it to me to wrap around the baby. The baby continued to cry out and reached it's arms up at me as I wrapped it up. I then stood up and held on tight to the precious new born as it cried. "We have to go." Maggie said as she started to walk away.

I was about to pull out my gun, but Carl stopped me. "No. It's my mom. I'll do it." He said coldly. I felt terrible enough that he had to watch all of that, but to put her down? If it were me I would want to do the same thing though, so I didn't argue and walked up the steps with Maggie.

We both stood there and waited by the door, but jumped out of our skin as a gun shot rang out. Carl then walked by with a lifeless look on his face and opened the door. Maggie and I looked at each other with broken expressions, but then quickly followed him.
As we walked through the hallways all I could think about was what I just did and my hands started to shake. I wanted to find Daryl, I needed him.

We walked out of the same way we had just came into the prison and were met by the blinding sun. The babies cries caught the attention of the others who had their backs to us. I gripped on tighter to the baby girl as Rick turned around and dropped his ax.

My whole body felt like it was shaking and the emotions I felt were completely out of control. I felt tears well in my eyes as I met eyes with Daryl and sucked in a big breath. We slowly made our way over to the others and Rick met us half way. "Where.. Where is she?" He asked, slowly going crazy. Maggie started to cry more and I just looked at Rick. He knew what had happened after seeing the look in my eye and walked over to Carl who was just standing there, lifeless.

"Ohhhh, no! Noo!" Rick cried out as he stumbled backwards. "Noooo!" He continued to cry and then fell down, breaking. I couldn't take seeing him like this, so I tore my gaze away and started to walk over to Daryl.

"Daryl.." I whispered out desperately as I made my way over, needing him. I hoped to god that he wouldn't reject me, but instead of doing that he took a long stride over and wrapped his arms around me, trying not to crush the baby I was holding. "Fi."

I was surprised that he showed affection in front of these people, but was so grateful. My body was still shaking from the shock of what I just did as I rested my head on Daryl's shoulder.

"I love ya, Fi."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, so sorry this is another short one!!
I just thought I would give this its own chapter because its saaaaaaaaad.
UGGGG SO SAD.
I never really like Lori that much, but I mean come on it's still really sad.
Sad music makes it even more sad, too!
How many times did I just say sad? Hahaha I hope you guys enjoy! Next chapter up soon!!