Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Attacked

We had ran a little bit back to camp after seeing that our van was gone, probably taken by Merle, but we all started to get tired so we thought we would walk for a little.

"So, whats your story Fiona?" Glenn asked me while we walked.

"My story?" I asked him, not knowing what he wanted to hear.

"Yeah, how did you end up here, what did you do before this, and what not."

I looked around and saw that Rick and T-dog were looking at me. Daryl already knew so he didn't seem that interested. "I-uh, I didn't really have one solid job before this. Um, I worked up at my Uncle's gas station and store in a boating marina down by Jacksonville when i lived up there. I just did some tattoos back down here."

"A tattoo artist? You don't have many tattoos." Glenn seemed intrigued.

"I got some little ones, and the other ones aren't anywhere you can see."

Glenn looked kinda embarrassed, but i didn't mean that as i had them in sexual places. "Jacksonville? That's kinda far away. Your father said you lived with him, but he lived down here." Rick added.

I didn't really want to discuss my shitty life with them anymore right now, so i just changed the subject. "It's starting to get dark, we probably should pick it up to get back there faster."

Rick nodded and we all started jogging again. I was able to keep the pace without getting too exhausted, but we had to have ran multiple miles so everyone was starting to wheeze. But, then we heard it; gun shots and screams. We all looked at each other with wide eyes and started sprinting back.

* Daryl's point of view *

There were walkers everywhere. They must have traveled together in a pack, and the one we found yesterday had wandered off from them. "Shit." I mumbled as I started shooting them. Rick, T-dog, and Fi ran up next to me and did the same thing.

Some walkers were getting too close to Fi for comfort, so i started shooting the ones near her.

"Fuck." I heard Fi mumble as she ran out of ammo. "Guess I'm just gona have to do this the fun way." She said as she backed up a little and then ran up and started stabbing walkers.

Everyone looked at her like she was crazy, but then focused on shooting. I tried to focus on my shooting, but I couldn't help being worried for Fi as the walkers surrounded her.

"Dammit, Fi!" I started shooting the walkers around her and I saw she was slicing and stabbing the walkers surrounding her like she was some trained Jedi. It was impressive. But, I soon ran out of ammo myself and started hitting walkers in the head with the butt of my gun.

Once all the gun shots stopped i looked around to see we killed all these assholes. I saw Rick hugging his family and Shane looking pissed off, what a shocker. I saw Fi covered in walker blood, standing looking at the ones she killed, breathing heavily.

"Fiona!" Sydney called from the RV and ran over. Fi snapped out of whatever zone she was in and remembered she had a sister. "Syd." she said and hugged her. Remembering that Merle was left in Atlanta and is obviously not here, i walked off and went to my tent.

----- (Fiona's p.o.v.)

No one got much sleep last night, everyone still had adrenaline pumping in their veins from the attack. At least I know I did.

I never thought I would say it, but killing those freaks last night felt good. Really good. I went into a zone and just started killing all of them, well besides the ones Daryl helped me with. I didn't fear them, I just killed them. Sure, there will always be that fear that one will bite you, or you will be stuck in a heard of them, but they are one trick ponies. You just can't let that one trick get you.

The only thing i fear now is losing Sydney, or even Daryl. I will protect my sister, I will keep her safe. And Daryl, hes been there for me and i've been there for him before because we both had shit parents. We are friends. Even if he is a stubborn asshole, it would hurt to lose him.

Sydney on the other hand, isn't that much younger than me, but still is pretty young in my eyes. We were born 9 years apart because my mom left with me when I was born, but then 9 years later my dad found us and brought us back, my mom was always scared of my dad.

The sound of Daryl putting an axe through a brain brought me out of my thoughts. I was sitting by the fire pitting with everyone else that was taking a break from burning the dead freaks. I looked over to Syd who was staring at Andrea sitting by a dead, bit Amy, i knew exactly what Syd was thinking; what if that were us? I put the cap on my water bottle and squeezed Syd's hand.

Daryl walked over, worked up about something. "The dead girls a time bomb." He started talking to Rick.

"And what do you suggest we do?" Rick said to him, not liking what Daryl was getting at.

Daryl walked up closer to Rick, "take the shot. Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

I didn't fully agree with Daryl, but if Andrea didn't do what she needed to do the situation could go to hell. "No." Sydney cut in, everyone looked at her a little shocked. "If that were my sister right there, i wouldn't want y'all shooting her, because that's my job. So for gods sake, just leave her be and let her mourn. Okay?"

Everyone looked at each other and said nothing, silently agreeing, but Daryl just stormed off with a grunt, pissed off. I stood up and went over to Glenn and T-dog to help them burn bodies. Glenn had a sad look on his face, probably from losing some of the group.

"Wha-What are you doing?" Glenn asked. I thought he was talking to me, but he was looking at Daryl and Morales. "This is for geeks, our people go over there." He said pointing to people we will bury.

"Whats the difference they all infected." Daryl said in a sour voice, still in a bad mood.

Glenn walked over, "are people go in the row over there." His voice was shaky, "WE DON'T BURN THEM!" He was on the verge of crying, but softened his voice, "We bury them. Understand?"

Daryl and Morales just looked at him, but then pulled the body in the other direction. I walked over to Glenn and put my hand on his shoulder. He gave me a weak smile.

Feeling the sun burn my skin, I ran into the RV to get my Uncle's baseball hat from my bag and pulled my pony tail through it. I walked back out hearing Daryl go off about something.

"Y'all left my brother for dead! You had this comin!" He said and then stormed off and started piling more freaks. He was obviously just in a pissy mood today. I sighed and walked over, "need some help?" He just grunted, i took that as a yes and helped him pull bodies over.

We pulled the last body over and it felt like it was a thousand degrees, "man i would kill for a milkshake right now". Daryl smirked, I wiped the sweet off my forehead and looked over at him. His hair was matted to his face, which was covered with sweat and dirt. The sweat glistened off the muscles on his arms as he shoved the axe in the freaks head and he grunted while pulling it out. He stood up straight and caught my stare. Instead of asking me what i was looking at like i thought he would, he just looked right back at me, our eyes locked. Man, the strength it took to control my thoughts.

"A walker got him! A walker bit Jim"

We both snapped are heads away and started running over towards Jim.

"Show it to us!" Daryl yelled to Jim who was now surrounded by everyone in the group.

Jim went to reach for the shovel behind him, but i snatched it away and held it up. He shoved me, trying to get the shovel, causing me to fall. T-dog came over and held him back while Daryl ran and helped me up. Daryl lifted Jim's shirt up to reveal that on his ribcage, was a bite mark.

-----

"I say we put an ax in his head and the dead girls, then be done with it." Daryl argued.

"He's right." I added. "If you get bit you get sick and turn, there is no avoiding it. You either end it or let it happen."

"He's not a monster." Rick said harshly. "Or some rabid dog. He's sick. A sick man. We start down that road, where do we draw the line?"

"The line is pretty clear, Rick." I tried to say calmly. "Yes, he is sick, but tell me what happens when that so called sickness, kills him, huh? He turns into one of those drooling freaks! Now who would want that?"

"What if we can get him help? I heard the C.D.C was working on a cure. If there is any sort of government left they would protect the C.D.C. What if its still running?"

"I've heard a lot of things, Rick, but that, that is a stretch right there." Shane added in.

"I think its our best shot. Shelter? Protection?"

This conversation was ticking me off, Jim is dead and he is going to turn. The C.D.C? The government? If there was a cure i think we would have heard about it by now. I kicked the dirt on the ground and walked over to were Daryl was. "Promise me if I ever get bit or scratched you will have the balls to put somethin through my brain and end it."

"Sure thing." He said and then ran up to Jim with his ax raised. Before Daryl could smash Jim's head in, Rick pointed his gun at Daryl and said; "we don't kill the living."

"Pretty funny coming from a man who just put a gun to my head." Daryl slammed his ax down in the ground and walked over to me, "Ya do the same for me?"

"Sure thing." I said. He nodded and walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was excited to write this chapter for some reason. I'm also excited to write the next one and talk more about Fiona's past. Next chapter; C.D.C here we come!