Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Vivid

I was woke by someone lightly shaking my shoulders. I groaned and rolled to the side, feeling like I slept 5 minutes and not wanting to wake up. "Fi ya gotta wake up." Daryl's raspy voice said. Pleasuring shivers were sent down my spine as I remembered last night. "Why?" I groaned like a 2 year old.

"V's comin to change shifts." He said.

"5 more minutes." I groaned in my childish voice. "5 more minutes and V's gona find ya here naked." Daryl said, trying to keep the awkward out of his voice. I huffed, knowing that he was right and rolled onto my back. I noticed that I had a blanket draped over me and I assumed that Daryl went and got it after I fell asleep. The blanket was clinging to my curves, showing off my body. I saw Daryl look over me, seeing what I was seeing, but in a different way. "You checking me out, Dixon?" I asked, teasing him.

He looked at me for a minute then scoffed as he turned around. "Get dressed." He said and then walked over to look out over the prison and fields. I sighed and grabbed my clothes near by, sliding on my underwear and then my sweatpants. I brushed the blanket away completely and stood up, looking for my bra. "How can you just lose a bra?!" I said, angry that I couldn't find it.

Daryl turned around to see what I was bitching about and eyes widened when he saw me completely topless. He looked down to the ground and awkwardly shifted on his feet. I rolled my eyes at him, secretly enjoying the situation. "It seriously vanished.. Where could it just go?" I wondered out loud as I put a hand on my hip.

"Jesus Fi, just put ya shirt on." Daryl said in a rushed voice. I loved the effect I had over him with my shirt off so I decided to tease him with it a little more when I saw my shirt was over by where he was standing. I walked over and bent down to pick up my shirt, making sure my chest brushed him as I did.

I stood up straight, making sure I was as close to Daryl as possible. He couldn't look at the floor anymore because I was so close to him, so he tried to just focus on the walls, but when I lifted my arms over my head with the shirt, I saw his eyes wander over. He was staring at me, but let out a awkward cough and looked away as I slowly pulled the shirt over my head and then let it drop. "Not nice to stare, Dixon."

"Not nice to tease, Daft." He responded, using my last name. A playful smirk came over my lips as I noticed the tightness in his pants. I looked out to the prison and saw that V was on his way over, right on time. "Come on." I nudged him and then went to pick up the blanket and my gun.

He followed me down the stairs and I opened the door, revealing V making his way over. He gave us a small smile, but then it faded. "Group is gona have a meeting when everyone is awake in the morning." He told us. We both nodded and then let him pass into the guard tower as we walked into the prison. The sky was a weird gray color, so I assumed it was somewhere around 3 or 4 in the morning.

I was exhausted, but as I walked into the cell block and past the cell that used to be Axel's I was hit by what was happening. Daryl walked me over to his cell and leaned against the doorway. "You quit sleepin on the perch?" I asked him, pulling my gun out of the waist band of my pants.

"Ya, more privacy in a cell. Don't need these people watchin me sleep." He said as he shrugged his shoulders. I nodded and sat down, pulling off my boots. Daryl leaned his crossbow against the bed and started taking his off also. I grabbed the bundled up blanket and spread it out, but noticed something fall out. I rolled my eyes and chucked it up behind me, making it land on the top bunk. "Stupid bra." I muttered and then laid back close to the wall. I slid my gun under the pillow for quick access just in case and then waited for Daryl to come.

He plopped him self on the bed with a grunt and put his arms behind his head. I could tell he was thinking intensely about something as his face wrinkled up in worry. I let out a sigh and moved to I was cuddled into his side. I knew he wasn't one for being all lovey dovey and cuddling, but I really don't care right now.

I gripped onto Daryl's shirt and breathed in, trying to make my mind relax and just go to the place that it was in not too long ago when I was with him. He moved his arm and wrapped it around me, tucking me into his side.

I didn't sleep for much longer because the sound of everyone getting up and moving about woke both Daryl and I up. He got up and grabbed his crossbow, telling me he was going to get some breakfast and I bring me some. I nodded, knowing that if it weren't for him I would completely forget to eat all together. I walked over to my bag and grabbed out an outfit to change into. I slid off my t-shirt and put on a loose white tank top. I switched my sweatpants for a pair of shorts and then put on my army jacket that I got from V. It was pretty big so it covered my hands and was long enough to make it look like I wasn't wearing shorts from the back, but I didn't care, it was cozy.

Daryl came back into the cell carrying a bowls of food as I tied back the top part of my hair and slid on my boots. He handed me one and we both sat back on bed, eating in silence. I finished quickly and set my bowl on the ground. I reached under the pillow and grabbed my gun, pulling out the magazine to see how many bullets I had left in the clip.

Satisfied with the amount of ammo I had left, I slammed the magazine back in. I felt Daryl eye me a little bit, but he would just continue to hover over his bowl and eat when I looked over. I sighed, but then heard Daryl's and my names being called from down the cell block. We looked at each other and he set his bowl down and I put the gun in my waist band before we walked out of the cell.

Everyone was in here, either sitting on the steps or leaning against a wall, meeting time. I saw Merle was locked out in the cafeteria, but was leaning on the door to the cell block, listening to the meeting. I gave a nod to Glenn and Maggie who were leaning by the stairs and they nodded back as I went to the railing and leaned onto it, looking down at Rick as he talked. "We're not leavin." He said as he threw a gun over his shoulder. "We can't stay here." Hershel said to him, sitting on the stairs.

"What if there is another sniper team out there? A wood pallet wont stop one of those rounds." Maggie stepped in. "We can't even go outside." Beth added.

"If Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn stated, voice hard. Glenn definitely got colder and more hot headed after the incident with Maggie and the Governor, but at least he got his head screwed back on and is not being reckless.

"Na, better to live like rats." Merle added in. "You got a better idea?" Rick snapped at him. "Yeah, we shoulda slipped outta here last night, lived to fight another day, but we lost that window didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now." Merle continued, making spirits dwindle.

I was going to stand by Rick's side at this. I don't want to go running around again when we finally have something good here. And, I also want to take the Governor down, get my revenge on him, make him suffer slowly..not run away. "I'm not goin down without a fight. S'not scarin me." I said, making lingering eye contact with Merle. He let out a dry chuckle. "Ya should be, princess. He's got a special eye out for you."

Daryl stepped onto my right side, blocking me from Merle's view, little protecting thats going to do. "We ain't scared of that prick." He said, his voice sounding calmer than usual.

"Y'all should be." Merle stated. "That truck through the gates thing, that was just him ringing the door bell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place... Shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to."

Merle's words were putting everyone on edge, wanting to run away and hide, but not me. I had to admit that he was right, but it was too late to run now and I wanted revenge. I wanted to watch him suffer just like he made me. Everyone just looked over at him, trying to block out his words. "Lets put him in the other cell block." Maggie said, not wanting to hear his negativity.

"No." Daryl spat out, walking down the perch. "He's got a point."

"This is all your fault! You started this!" Maggie snapped at Merle, defeated.

"What's it matter now? There's nothing we can do about that. It's done and there's no runnin from this situation." I said back to her, causing Daryl to look over at me, probably shocked that I stood up for Merle.

"We should leave. Now Axel's dead." Hershel argued. Rick looked over at him with that look he had the night after the farm incident. "We can't just sit here."

Rick looked around at everybody and could just see the struggle in his eyes as he turned and started to walk away without a word. "GET BACK HERE!" Hershel yelled over to him as he got up on his crutches. It took me by surprise that Hershel yelled that loud, or maybe it was because his voice echoed around the cell block.

Rick stopped, but didn't turn around to face Hershel who hobbled over. "You're slippin, Rick." Hershel lowered his voice. "We've all seen it. We understand why, but now is not the time. You once said this is not a democracy and now you have to own up to that. I put my families life in your hands, so get your head clear and do something." Hershel said firmly.

Rick didn't turn around completely, but cocked his head far enough back to look at everybody. His eyes met mine and in that look I didn't need him to use words to tell me what he thought or needed, so he just nodded at me and I nodded back. I received looks from the group as Rick went out of the cell block, locking the doors behind him.

I stood up straight and then walked over to the stairs. "Everyone needs to have a gun on them or near them at all times. And I mean heavy artillery... If you go out side for watch put on some of the body armor and stay hidden. We will add more barriers against the walkway fences, along with the look out stations, maybe even grab some of the metal tables from other cell blocks to use." I said in a set voice as I made my way down the stairs and over to where we put some of the weapons. "We aren't running. We are in this. We can either put up a fight, protect what is ours or we can just wait for him to come strolling in and kill the ones we love." I turned to face everyone after I grabbed a machine gun and threw it over my shoulder, eyeing all of them, waiting for someone to argue against this, but no one did. I even received a few nods from everyone. "We will be ready." I reassured them with a nod.

I saw a few hesitant looks, but I ignored them and grabbed the extra pair of keys inside of a cell then turned to walk away. "So Rick's stepped down from his pedestal and just randomly left you in charge?" Carol questioned, trying to keep her voice sweet so I didn't lash out at her, but I could hear right through it. I stopped in my racks and looked up, meeting Merle's eye. "He's not stepping down from anything... He's slipping, like you said, and somebody needs to be there to catch him." I stated and then continued to the door. I unlocked it and locked it behind me before I ignored Merle's stare and went to find Rick.

I peaked through a few doors to see if he was in some of the rooms, but when he wasn't I assumed there was only one more place he would go. I walked over to the small fenced up balcony type thing that overlooked the main prison entrance and fields. We put wooden barriers along the fences and used it for a good look out spot, so I assumed Rick would go there. You had to walk through a storage area to get there and I noticed the metal door was already slid up and light was shining through.

I walked up, making my footsteps loud enough so he wouldn't get spooked and stood next to him. He was looking out over the fields and woods with the binoculars, desperately trying to find something. I loosely grabbed onto the fence and looked ahead, not meeting his gaze. "Told the others we are staying and protecting whats ours. Most of them seemed okay with it and if not no one spoke out."

I saw him barely nod as he looked down at the ground. "Also thought we could bring out some of the metal tables and use them as barriers, too. They are probably going to be heavy as hell, but I think they could stop a bullet completely."

He nodded once again and looked up at me. I met his gaze and saw him struggle to spit out words, so he settled for two. "Thank you."

I nodded and looked back out over to the fields one more time. "You shouldn't have to do this alone." Was all I said before I turned around and started to walk back into the prison. I felt like nothing more needed to be said between us, I already knew what was going on in his head. I didn't need him to explain it, I understand.

I passed Carl on the way back to the cell block and we exchanged nods. I didn't see Merle lingering around the door anymore, so I swung it open and closed not worrying about him getting in the way. I made my way up the stairs and went into my cell. I hung the strap of my machine gun that was on my shoulder up on the side of the bed before I walked over to my bag.

I thought it would be safe to carry a few knives on me, so I stuck a few small ones hidden into my boots and then grabbed my big hunting knife and attached the sheath onto my shorts. I heard the cell doors open again and then Rick's voice carry. I was glad that he was starting to step up again and grip on tighter so he doesn't slip right away.

I walked back over to grab my gun hanging on the bed and started to walk out, but then remembered something. With a sigh I walked into Daryl's cell and climbed up onto the top bunk, crawling over to were my bra had landed last night. I quickly grabbed it and lifted my shirt up a little bit. I heard bickering coming from the first floor, mostly Glenn snapping off about Merle and then Daryl get pissed off. I quickly clasped the bra around me as I heard footsteps come up the stairs and was sliding my arms through the straps when Daryl walked into the cell.

Daryl gave me the 100th nod I've received today and then plopped down onto the bottom bunk, cleaning off his arrows. I jumped down off the top and was about to say something when Glenn's words caught my attention. "Why don't we solve both problems at once..? Deliver Merle to the Governor... Bargaining chip."

I walked out of the cell and leaned on the railing, looking down on them. "I guess if we're bargaining now you're gona wana throw me in that mix, too?" I said, causing them to look up at me. "You heard Merle; the Governor has a special eye for me. If your offering up anybody, I would be a great candidate."

Glenn just looked down at his feet and Rick looked up at me. "We aren't giving up anybody." His voice was back to that set and strict tone. I just shrugged and spun on my heal, heading back into Daryl's cell. He was slouching against the headboards of the bed and had his legs up as he played with his arrow, looking innocent and cute. He had an eyebrow raised at me as I came in. "Whaaat?" I asked in an almost innocent voice as I hung my machine gun on the railing of the bed and climbed back up onto the top bunk.

"Why's the son of a bitch got an eye out for ya?" He asked. I poked my head over the railing of the bed, my hair falling around my face as I looked down at him. "Probably cause I broke free of his shitty restraints and beat him up." I said in joking tone, but wasn't joking. Hell, I was lying. It was a lie for the best though, or at least for Daryl... or maybe even at least for me.

He gave me a small smirk that I loved and then I let out a sigh and laid back flat. I put my hands behind my head and looked up to the ceiling. "Ya know if Merle hadn't came in the room I was bein held in then I would have killed him. I was so close." Daryl didn't say anything back, so I continued. "Is Merle right or left handed? Cause he punches like a damn girl."

I heard Daryl let out a snort of a laugh, causing a small smirk to come upon my face. I brought my hand up and felt the slice across my cheek, I probably should put some neosporin on it or something. I let out another sigh and put my hand behind my head again and rested my eyes as I thought of a plan for making larger and safer barriers.

My mind was going over ways to get the metal tables outside when I heard light footsteps come into Daryl's cell. Carol started talking to Daryl in a quiet voice, thinking I was asleep. It wasn't a very long conversation, mostly just her saying she's glad he is back and something about Merle. I didn't listen very well, trying to ignore her words that caused my body to get tense. Daryl didn't say much and she eventually left, causing my muscles to relax. "I know ya awake, Fi."

I sighed, opening my eyes as I sat up. I scooted over to the edge of the bed and climbed down, jumping of the last step of the ladder with a 'thud'. I noticed he changed into a sleeveless vest type shirt, but still had on the jeans that had holes in the knees from crouching down so much. Is there a moment that I will ever not be attracted to this man? "Are you glad we came back?" I asked.

He shrugged and looked down at the arrow he was playing with. "All we came back to is a war. Coulda been jus' fine out there. You and Merle are all I need." He shrugged.

"Na, I think you need these people more than you think." I said defiantly, causing him to look up at me. "Either way, I would probably go crazy listening to you and Merle bitch at each other everyday."

He continued to just look up at me, but then let out a small laugh and looked back down to his arrow. A small smile spread across my face as I reached up and grabbed then gun I hung on the bed putting the strap back over my shoulder. "GUYS!" I heard Carl's voice shout out from down below. Daryl and I looked at each other and he grabbed his crossbow, then we quickly ran out and down the stairs.

Everyone was running out towards him, grabbing our guns to be ready. "It's Andrea." Was all Carl said before we all got our weapons ready and ran out the prison. Rick seemed to be hesitant, but even handed Merle a gun. Andrea was last spotted at Woodbury, so she could easily have brought friends.

Carl, Maggie, and Hershel ran, or hobbled, out to the look out spot I was just at with Rick, while Glenn and Carol ran to the fenced walkway. They hid behind the wooden barriers while the rest of us ran outside of the prison, ducking for cover behind the truck. I took the back while Rick took the front of the truck and we both peaked over, looking for anything to come out at us.

I gave Rick a nod after not seeing anything and he then told V to go. V ran over to the next car with his gun raised and shouted clear, causing us all to run towards the main gate. Andrea was approaching, holding a walker out on a metal pole like the one Hershel had, but this walker had no jaw or arms. "Are you alone?!" Rick yelled over to her.

"Open the gate!" She yelled back as other walkers were approaching. I had no trust left for this woman, she could be working for the Governor. "ARE YOU ALONE?" Rick asked again, putting his back against the fence for cover. "RICK!" Andrea yelled back.

Rick nodded to Daryl and threw him the keys so he could open the gate. I ran up and aimed my gun right at Andrea, body tense. Merle slid open the gate barely enough for Andrea to run in after dropping her walker on a stick. Rick grabbed her and shoved her against the fence. "Hands behind your head! NOW!" He yelled and I ran up to her, still aiming my gun just in case.

She let out heavy, confused breaths as Rick searched her for a gun, but then let out a small scream as a walker appeared on the other side of the fence. "Get down!" Rick yelled at her and then shoved her on the ground. Luckily, I'm not the only one with trust issues.

I turned around and aimed my gun out at the fences, looking for anymore danger after Rick searched Andrea for a weapon and found none. "I asked you if you were alone." Rick hissed to her.

"I am." She breathed out as Rick took her bag off her shoulder and threw it away from her. I walked over and picked up the small ax she dropped and then watched as Rick yanked her up and walked her inside. I took one last look around the fields and woods, then flexed my hand that had a death grip on my gun, turning my knuckles white. After feeling satisfied enough that nothing else was out here, I turned around and headed inside after everyone else.

Rick led her into the small cafeteria in our cell block and we were greeted by the rest of the group. Andrea went and immediately hugged Carol while I walked over and sat on one of the tables, letting my feet rest on the seat. Daryl came over and sat down on the table next to me, putting his crossbow over his shoulder and onto his back.

"I can't believe this." Andrea started, looking around at all of us. "Where's Shane?" Of course he would be the first thing on her mind. The look on Rick's face gave away the answer to that question. "And Lori?" Rick looked down at the ground and I wanted to tell Andrea to shut the hell up, her bringing up Lori was doing no good to Rick.

"She had a little girl, but didn't survive." Hershel said for Rick. "And T-dog." Maggie added.

"I'm so sorry..." She said and then looked over to see Carl. "Carl..." His face was emotionless as he looked down and V put a hand on his shoulder. Andrea seemed to realize her mistake of bringing Lori up and looked back over. "Rick.. I-." She stepped forward, but Rick just took two steps back as she did.

She looked over and met eyes with me, realizing something was different about me, but then it hit her. "Sydney?" Her voice was soft, but the mention of Syd made my whole body immediately tense up and the grip on my gun to tighten. The look in my eyes must have scared Andrea off because she quickly nodded and looked away, starting to change the subject. I felt Daryl's hand secretly move to the small of my back under my jacket, for comfort, causing me to slowly relax into his touch.

He kept his hand there, knowing no one else could see it, as Andrea continued on. "You all live here?" She asked. "Here in the cell block." Glenn said coldly behind her. She pointed over to the door that led to our cells. "There? Can I go in?" She started to take a few steps, but Rick stepped Rick in front of her.

"I wont allow that." He said, void of emotion. I was again glad that I wasn't the only one on edge by her being here. "I'm not an enemy, Rick." She said, voice confused.

"We had that field, courtyard, until your boyfriend tore down the fence and shot us up." I hissed at her.

She looked at me and then back over to Rick. "He said you fired first."

I rolled my eyes and looked at Rick's face that barely reacted, but seemed almost amused. "But he's lyin."

I looked down at the ground and tried to breathe in and out so I don't loose control of my own mind again after the mention of Syd. I wasn't paying very much attention to the rest of Andrea's conversation, she was mostly just blaming this on Merle and then calling the Governor Phillip. She really must be his boyfriend... I still cannot believe anyone would sleep with him willingly.

"We have to work this out." Andrea said, catching my attention. I snorted out a laugh and could feel every ones eyes on me. "There's nothing to work out." I said and then looked up at Andrea. "We're gona kill him."

Andrea's eyes widened and she started to shake her head. I let out another laugh as she tried to convince us to come live at Woodbury... Was she stupid? "Ya know that ain't gona fly... He'll wana kill us as soon as we approach. And don't even get me started on what he'll do to girlie over here. Wont get off so easy like last time.." Merle added, signaling over to me when he said 'girlie'.

I felt myself tense again and saw Daryl's jaw clench before he talked. "I'll tell ya what... Next time ya see 'Phillip', tell him I'm gona take his other eye." His voice was venomous and I felt him lightly grip onto my shirt with the hand he had on my back. "If he wants a war... He's got one." I added, causing multiple people to nod in agreement.

Andrea started going off, telling Rick what he needed to do, making me roll me eyes. "You wana make this right? Get us inside." Rick said, getting in her face. She immediately responded with a firm no and Rick didn't even listen to the rest of what she had to say because he had already turned around and walked off.

Andrea looked around with pleading eyes at all of us, but when no one budged she walked outside to get some air with Michonne following her. Daryl's hand fell from my back and then he stood up from the table and walked up to his cell. I put a shaky hand over my mouth and then closed my eyes, taking in a few deep breaths as I tried to push out the anger and sadness. Just breathe. This can't keep happening every time you hear her name. I thought to myself. You almost killed the Governor once, you can do it again..

I opened my eyes and looked up when I felt a presence over me, seeing Merle standing over me. He looked around at everything but my eyes, then let out a sigh and looked at me. "Sorry 'bout ya sister.. She was a good kid."

I took a deep breath in and stood up. I gave him a small nod and a very weak smile, then walked off towards Daryl's cell and leaned on the doorway. "Do you have any neosporin or somethin by chance?"

Daryl looked back up at me for a second and then swung his legs off the bed and into a sitting position as he dug through his bag. He pulled out a small tube of off brand neosporin and nodded his head towards the bed, signaling me to sit. I sat down and turned to face him, my legs criss crossing. He put some of the gunk on his finger and then shifted so he was facing me also. I shivered as his finger lightly brushed against the cut on my cheek.

He was focusing on the cut as hard as he could, but when he looked up and caught my gaze he held it. His eyes were the brightest blue I've ever seen and made me want to melt into him and forget anything was ever wrong in this world. But instead, he slowly dropped his hand from my face, not breaking eye contact. I reached over and grabbed the small tube and put a very small amount on my finger.

He looked at me confused, but then his eyes shut as I started to put the gunk on the small cut under his right eye. I concentrated on the cut and when my hand left his face his eye's fluttered open and I felt my breath catch in my throat. It was silent besides the small talking from Andrea and Carol down the hall as Daryl continued to have his effects on me with out even trying. I was about to say something, but completely froze when I heard Sydney's name being said by Andrea. Can't they just stop bringing it up!?

Daryl heard it too and was looking at me, ready for me to lash out any second now as Andrea went on and asked what happened to her. "The night at the farm with the horde... Don't know exactly what happened, but that night when Fiona came back..." Carol trailed off. "She hasn't been the same since."

That and the mention of Syd was all it took for my mind to start bouncing around. Images of what happened that night at the farm flashed across my head along with more thoughts that I struggled to control. I closed my eyes and put the palm of my hand on my head. It was like a migraine, but migraines don't allow you to vividly see your sister with her face ate off. "I-I-I'm gona go to the bathroom." I spit out before I stood up off of the bed and fast walked down and out of the cell block.

We had cleared out a small bathroom that was next to the shower room down the halls of the prison, so I decided to go there. I was walking abnormally fast and received a few weird looks from people as I walked right past, not even acknowledging them. I was so mad. So mad that I couldn't keep my own damn mind under control. What was wrong with me? Why can't I just mourn like a normal person? Hell, I had months and months to mourn, but things only got worse for me.

I finally made it to the small bathroom that had steel walls and appliances. I started to immediately pace back and forth when I got inside, trying to calm down and clear my head. I regretted leaving Daryl's side, knowing that he was my best chance at calming down, but he is probably tired of my shit now. I am tired of my shit.

I tried to close my eyes and breathed in, but I was only greeted by the not so distant memory of the winter. Of the Governor. I quickly walked over to the sink and turned it on. I cupped the cold water in my hands and splashed it on my face, trying to wash away the memories of the things the Governor and his men did to me during winter. I rested my hands on the outside edges of the sink and looked down at the drain, breathing heavy while water dripped off my face.

I slowly looked back up into the small mirror that was above the sink and almost jumped at the sight of my reflection. I looked crazy. But, I didn't focus on my looks for too long because something else in the mirror made my heart drop into my stomach that was doing flips and my knees start to get weak.

There she was behind me, looking right into the mirror and deep into my eyes... Syd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guyss! So sorry about how I have been gone for the past little bit, but I'm back now! Not too much happened in this chapter so sorry if it was kind of boring, but I really just wanted to get it up and fast.

What do you guys think about Rick looking to Fiona for help and her stepping up? And we all know that she has been different and crazy since the farm, but has the situation with her and the Governor made everything start to hit her full force?

And this chapter is based off of episode 11 of season 3 I believe... But, I loved this one because the scene when Daryl is on his bed playing with the arrows he looks so beautiful.. ehehhehehe:P

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed!!!