Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Stress Causes Wrinkles

"Her heart beat is faint." A barely familiar voice said, sounding far away because of the ringing in my ears. "Why do you have to keep her down here? Why is she even here? I cant and wont help you torture this girl. No matter what shes done." The voice continued.

"Are you finished?" That demanding, angry voice of the Governor snapped. After he said it I became aware to the pain of being sewn up.

"You have to let her go. You almost pushed her to far, you're going to kill her." The voice started to become louder as the ringing died down, Milton Mamot.

"Hurry up. She looks like shes waking up and we still have other things to do." The Governor said and I could only imagine him pointing somewhere.

"I do not support this. You need to let her go." Milton said, but after that I only heard grunts of struggle and then the door being slammed.

I listened closely and heard nothing, I was alone again.

My head rolled forward, feeling like it weighed 50 pounds and ached like no other. I moved my wrists and ankles to see if they were free, but I was still tied down tight and my skin was raw from the restraints. I slowly sat up straight, arching my back so it cracked when I did.

My whole body was throbbing from the beatings I had taken and the blood on me was now dry and itchy. My lips were cracked and dry, especially when I ran my sand paper tongue over them. There was also a steady throbbing that I could feel throughout my body.. I cant imagine what I even looked like, but hell what did it matter? I was dying anyways.

I shot my eyes open when I remembered something about Syd. I had talked to her. I was recalling the conversation and my heart started to beat faster, but weakly.

I really am dying though, Milton said it himself.

I looked down at my body and saw that the worst cuts were stitched up, but I was still covered in blood. He stitched me up so he could continue with his fun?

I turned my head and my stomach grumbled when I saw a tray on the table next to me with a little bit of food on it. How was I supposed to get to it? This was an unusual torture...

I struggled to get over to it, but I was so weak and in pain that it was beyond a failure. There was some more struggling from outside the door, but nothing was distinct enough for me to make out.

The door opened again and to my delight, the Governor walked in. He had a sour look on his face and rolled up his sleeves as he walked over. My stomach grumbled again, causing him to look over to me. To my shock he brought his had up and backhanded me across the face, causing me to let out a sharp groan of pain. "Good fucking morning to you to." I mumbled as I rolled my jaw around to seize the stinging, my voice was hoarse and weaker than I would have liked.

"When I thought about torture, I expected all the pain, but putting food in front of me, right out of my reach, that is evil." I smirked.

He flashed me a fake smile and started to look through all his torture tools. "Tell me about yourself, Phillip." I mocked his real name, wanting to piss him off for my own satisfaction. "Did you have a family?" I saw him stiffen, making me feel I was getting somewhere. "Did they turn? Into one of those soulless, flesh eating, freaks?" I teased painfully. There's a chance I am going to die anyways, so why not have some fun? "I wonder what your family would think-" I could barely get out another word before his hand was on my face, hitting me hard. My headache became more prominent and the sting made my eyes water, which also hurt my eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes." I smirked, glad that I pissed him off. He was tense now as he went back to the trey of tools. I could barely even feel my heart beat, but my head throbbing was very distinct.

He finished doing whatever he was doing and stood in front of me, trailing his hands down my chest. The coldness of them made me shiver in disgust, especially when he went over the scars on my stomach. My pale skin only made them look even more disgusting under this light... I did look pretty disgusting.

He slid his hand under my panties and I immediately tried squirming away from his touch, but he thanfully pulled his hands away as soon as they entered. "Don't worry, saving that for later." He smirked. "Eat." He shoved the roll of bread into my face and I squinted my eyes at him, deciding if I should take it. Remembering my weird hallucination with Syd before I blacked out, I opened my mouth and accepted the roll. I would need my strength if I was apparently breaking out of this shit hole. "You'll get more later, but right now you have a special guest."

My heart dropped at his words, who or what the hell was my special guest?

I was left in my own nervous thoughts for a while as he left the room and I started to impatiently tap my foot, hoping it wasn't Daryl or someone like that. I rested my head back against the top of the seat and let my body slouch, I felt dead. My head was throbbing and I was dizzy from the blood loss and beatings and my whole body just ached. Plus, I was cold as hell.

I let my eyes close and I tried to take deep breaths to help steady my weak heartbeat, but when the door opened again it just sped up again when I saw who he was dragging in. "Andrea?"

Her eyes widened big at the sight of me, but her words were muffled by a gag when she tried to talk. "Another person risking their own lives for that pathetic group." The Governor chuckled. "But guess who's winning? And by this time tomorrow your whole group will be dead." My heart just started beating faster, did they not leave? Are they staying to fight? Will they survive?

"You said you'd leave them alone!" I snapped at him.

"I said that if their end of the deal was held up." He looked around. "But I don't see Michonne."

"What's she worth to you anyways?!" I shouted.

"More than you'd think. And if she's not here by tomorrow late morning, that prison will no longer be occupied by anyone living." With that the Governor dragged a wide eyed Andrea out the door and into another room.

"Fuck!" I yelled, letting the anger that was coursing through me become verbal. "Son of a bitch!" I screamed and tugged on my restraints, only causing them to rub harder on my raw skin. I wanted to scream and scream and scream. I wanted to kick or punch something. I wanted to cry and let my self be weak. But, most of all I wanted Daryl to be safe, no matter how much I wish I was at his side right now.

I also wanted that damn tray of food that was haunting me from the near by table and the grumbling of my stomach backed that up. I slammed myself against the chair a few more times in anger, then let out groans of pain from the strenuous movement. Not only moments later did the door open up again, and the first face I saw was Milton's.

He had a look of horror and fear ingrained over his expressions and I understood why when the Governor walked in behind him with a gun at his head. My mind was quickly drawn off the subject when I saw what Milton was holding; some pills and water.

"Uh-Uhm y-you," Milton cleared his throat. "For the pain," he opened the bottle of pills and held two of them out. I opened my mouth and he dropped them in, snatching his hand back immediately, seeing through my plan to bite him. I smirked as his shaky hands unscrewed the cap to the water and held it over to me. I didn't want to hurt Milton, he was partially a victim here too, so I graciously accepted the water, letting him pour it in my mouth.

The water soothed my throat as I swallowed it along with the pain pills. My mouth and body ached for more, but he retracted away from me and was shoved out the door by the Governor's gun. Yet again I was left alone in this cold room, being able to sit and stir in my thoughts and the pain. Great. I can feel the worry lines and wrinkles forming on my face.

I didn't want to talk about hope anymore because I didn't have much to say about it. So, I walked over to the bed and sat down across from Daryl, looking him in his bright blue eyes. "If anybody knows how to actually survive, it's you and Merle. So stop gettin your panties in a bunch, stress causes heart attacks... and wrinkles."

I smiled one of those weak and broken smiles to myself, remembering the night at the C.D.C. with Daryl. I have to listen to myself more often. Merle and Daryl can survive better than anyone else, and stress causes wrinkles. I laughed, making my body ache and tears well up in my eyes. I quickly breathed in deeply, pushing everything away while I stared at the door, trying to form any plan I could in my head. Any thing I could do to be back at Daryl's side, fighting and loving.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG i'm so sorry this took me so long to get up!!! I'm also extremely sorry this is such a short chapter, kind of a filler almost, but I just wanted to get it up.
I will be working on the next one and will hopefully have it up very soon!!!

But will she get out? What does the Governor have in plan for her? Will she even survive?

Also, as most of you know this is nearing the end of season 3... and I am debating if I want to end this. I know I know, this is like my baby and I want to care and nurture it forever, but I also feel like it should come to an end. :'( I want to start a different Daryl story because I just have so many ideas, but I'm so torn!

BUT, ENJOY!! I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!