Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

To Survive or To Not Survive?

"NO!"

"NOOO!" I screamed and trashed, ignoring any immense pain that shot through me.

My heart shattered and I didn't even try to stop the liquid that was coming out of my eyes. This wasn't supposed to happen. IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS. "NOO!" I trashed and struggled as if I would be able to break the metal chair I was in in half. Even if it's impossible I will try, I would do anything at this point.

I felt like every bone in my body was aching from the emotions pumping through my veins. Anger. Sadness. Pain. Love.

"YOU PROMISED!" I screamed at the Governor, who was dragging another trashing body in. Not just any thrashing body... "NO! NOOO! DARYL! FUCK!" I screamed out louder and yanked at my restraints. He wasn't supposed to be here. I had let him go. I DID THIS FOR HIM. He has to live.

I didn't stop my angry and saddened yells and screams while the Governor tied Daryl to another chair he brought in the room across from me with a sadistic smile. Martinez had come in and held down Daryl, who was thrashing and cursing just as much as I was while the Governor tied him down with rope, and then duct taped over the rope.

When Daryl was taped down Martinez was signaled to leave the room. He looked between Daryl and I with an almost guilty or apologetic expression, but then left knowing he had to. My whole body ached internally and externally, but the anger coursing through me was the only thing that was keeping my weak heart beating. The absolute hatred for the Governor when I looked at Daryl's face. His jaw and cheek bone were already bruising and I'm sure that wasn't the only times he was hit.

I was fine with the Governor torturing and beating me all he wants, but not Daryl. My life was worthless, but Daryl, Daryl was good. He deserved to live and has every reason to.

The Governor had to hold Daryl's chair down because he was thrashing so much, but when Daryl's eyes caught mine, they widened and he froze. His chest rose and fell heavily, while parts of his hair shadowed his face while he panted out.

My breaths got shaky and I started to hyperventilate. My head was feeling dizzy, but I made sure I stayed with it while I watched Daryl's eyes take in my look.

* (Alternate P.O.V.)

She was sitting there, on the metal chair, in only her underwear. Bright red blood had coated her arms and oozed down from her neck, dripping around her breasts and to her stomach. There were blue and purple bruises in odd shapes around her neck and face. Her skin looked so pale and weak that her old and new scars popped out, making the sight almost unbearable. Her wrists were completely torn up and skinned from the trashing. Her lips were cracked and bloody while her beautiful eyes seemed to be losing their life and the dark bags under them seconded that... She was crying, but instead of tears coming out, it was blood.... She seemed to be losing her life.

Daryl wanted to cry, but most of all he wanted to make the Governor suffer and safe his girl. But, he didn't do either. He just sat there, not wanting to believe the sight before his eyes that was like getting a knife sent through your heart and having it twisted in deeper. He was supposed to protect her. He was supposed to be that for her. He loved her more than anything else he's ever have in his life and he didn't know what to do with that, it was new for him, but he knew he would protect her and give her the best life he could. But.. now here she was, dying for him. Dying for a stupid redneck like him. He thought.

It made his heart heavy of course, she did love him and she left him, yes, but for different reasons than Daryl thought. She cared about this stupid redneck that thought of him self as worthless. She made him feel worthy.

His body started to shake violently and red was starting to cloud his vision as their eye contact remained. Neither of them knew what to do, but they both knew they had to get the other safe and make the governor suffer.

Fiona hadn't stopped thrashing and yelling while more bloody tears poured out of her eyes. "DARYL!" She cried out. "Daryl! NO!" She was hyperventilating and trying so hard not to get too dizzy and it made Daryl's heart snap. "Daryl..." she whined out, slowing her trashing and trying to reach out to him.

"FI!" Daryl called out to her, wanting to grab her and make her safe. He watched as she was trying to keep her eyes from rolling into the back of her head. "FI!" He struggled more, not knowing if she would wake up if she did pass out. "FIONA! You fuckin' stay with me," he demanded, his voice venomous. "Ya ain't leavin me again, damnit!"

"WHY DID YOU COME HERE?!" She yelled, startling Daryl. "YOU NEEDED TO STAY ALIVE! You were supposed to let me go.." her voice softened. "AND YOU PROMISED TO LEAVE HIM BE!" She turned and yelled at the Governor who just had a smirk on his face.

"I promised a lot of things, but I don't see Michonne anywhere do I?" The Governor shrugged.

"Rick an' Merle were gona fuckin bring'er, ya son of a bitch!" Daryl yelled, struggling against his chair again.

The Governor just laughed. "But, she's not here... Now I'm gona give you two love birds some time while I go get ready," he walked out of the door, leaving silence in the room as the door slammed. Ready for what?

"You were supposed to let me go! You weren't supposed to come after me!" Fiona let out one final thrust before letting her body go weak and trying to even her breaths.

"I wasn't gona let ya get yaself killed!" Daryl snapped.

"So what, now we both get killed?!" Fiona snapped back. She was so angry at Daryl and the Governor. All she wanted to do was make sure the man she loved and her "family" stayed safe and alive. But, she failed.

"Jesus, Fi. You're the one with this dumb ass plan! Why couldn't ya just have stayed and let us figure this out?!"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU DARYL," she tried to calm her self and Daryl's heart was thudding hard. "I love the people in our group. You're my family and I knew that there wasn't anything we could do to figure this out. What is there to even figure out?! We weren't running and fighting would only get everyone I loved killed, so," she sucked in a breath. "I did what I had to do."

Daryl didn't know what to say that wouldn't be harsh. He knew she was right, but he was still so pissed. He wanted nothing more than to protect her and he would hold this guilt against himself forever now. No one should give themselves up for him. "I believed you, ya know," Daryl said, keeping his eyes cold on her.

Fiona looked up in confusion at him and was about to ask what, when Daryl cut her off. "The letter."

Fiona sucked in a shaky breath. "D-Daryl.." her lip started to quiver. Great, Daryl thought, now she's cryin because of me too, and not just tears.. blood. "I had to try and make you hate me... I-It was the only way," Fiona hatted how weak she was feeling right now, she hated crying in front of people, especially Daryl, but she didn't have the strength left to stop it.

"Hey. Hey, stop ya cryin. I can't ever hate ya, Fi. Not even when ya do somethin as stupid as this," Daryl couldn't stand to see another tear or stop of blood come out of her, especially if it's because of him. He wanted to have her back in his cell back at the prison and be able to wrap his arms around her, that's were he felt he could protect her the most.

Fiona let out a weak laugh before breathing in deeply. "Your chair, it's wooden," she stated, making Daryl furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "You can break out of it. You can get out."

Daryl's eyes widened, she was right. "The Governor's gona come back in, but when he leaves again, you can get out of those restraints Daryl," Daryl would have been relieved because he had a chance to get her out of here, but who knows what the Governor would do when he came back in. They wouldn't have enough time to get out now, so what happens when the Governor comes back and kills one of them? Kills Fi? Touches her?

Daryl was getting worked up again at the thought, but relaxed when he heard Fi's soothing voice wash over him. "I love you. You know that, right?" Fiona didn't know what would happen when the Governor came back in either. She expected the worse and knew what ever it was it would probably be happening to her, with Daryl watching.

Daryl's eyes looked back up, his multiple shades of blue meeting hers and all his doubts were instantly shot down. The letter was all lies. He didn't know why or how, but Fiona was his and she did love him. She actually loved him more than herself. More than anything besides her sister.

"I know, Fi. I know," his voice was rough, but vulnerable at the same time. With each moment of looking at Fi all beat up and knowing what was happening, his emotions got harder to hold back. "I love ya, too."

Fiona gave the best smile she could manage as their eyes stayed glued together. His eyes provided her with all the determination and reason she ever needed. Love. It seemed cheesy, but it was powering her every move right along side hatred and anger. It was making her feel emotions she had never once wanted, it made her feel sadness and pain, but it was worth it all. Daryl was worth it all to her. And he felt the same.

They both heard footsteps outside the door and their hearts started to pick up speed. Fiona was scared, not for herself, but for Daryl. She was scared that they wouldn't get out of this and she was scared of losing the people she cared about. "Fi, ya look at me," Daryl said, trying to give her a steady base to hold onto right now as the door creaked open.

Fiona didn't move her eyes from Daryl's as the Governor walked in. She didn't even listen to the words he talked or his sick laughter, she toned him out completely while Daryl's eyes bore into hers. It wasn't until she felt a cold hand on her throat, yanking her back against the chair and watching Daryl's body start to shake in anger. "DON'T YOU FUCKIN TOUCH'ER!" Daryl trashed out, but the Governor didn't listen and started to trail his other hand down her body.

Daryl could stand this. He had never been so angry or wanted to kill someone so much in his life. He couldn't let this happen to Fi. But, he couldn't stop it, so he had to be here for her. "FI! You look at me!" He demanded, trying to yank his arms up to discretely break out of the chair.

Fiona's body started to shiver in disgust and anger as she felt the Governor's hand run around her breasts and stomach. "You fucking asshole! I'm going to kill you! I WILL KILL YOU!" She yelled out. She hated when people took advantage of her, especially when it was the Governor. She tried to trash out, but he just tightened his grip on her throat, making her choke and not be able to let out more yells and curse words. But, that didn't stop Daryl who was fuming across the room.

The Governor seemed to enjoy both of their anger, especially Daryl's. "I remember this winter, Fiona," his voice sent cold jolts down her spine. "I remember how weak you were... How cold your body was when I held you down..." he paused with a smile. "When I raped you," his voice was a venomous whisper and Daryl felt like his head was going to explode from anger. He let out more yells and put all of his muscle into trying to rip out of this chair.

Fiona choked on her curse words and screams as the Governor let his hand travel down, but before they went under her panties he retracted it and grabbed one of his blades. Immediately Fiona started to panic, not know exactly where he was going to put that blade. She tried to trash away, making the Governor laugh as he reached the blade down.

Daryl's eyes went wide and he had absolutely no idea what to do. "FI!" He yelled out. "LOOK AT ME!" She did as he asked and locked her wide eyes with his as the Governor shoved the blade inside her. Fiona let out the most ear piercing and bloody scream that bounced off the walls of the room. Daryl let out a yell himself, but not in pain, in anger at the Governor. He yanked harder and harder at the arms of the chair, making it move all over the floor.

"Fi, jus' keep lookin at me," Daryl said, trying to be here for her somehow. She did as he said and met his eyes, breathing heavy right before she let out another scream of agony. Daryl couldn't imagine the pain and he never wanted Fi to even have to, but here he was, witnessing her go through hell. She screamed more and started to call out for Daryl. Daryl wanted to come to her and get this bastard away more than anything in the world.

"FI!" He returned on of her calls.

The rage was enough to make the vein pop out of his neck as he let out threats and yells at the Governor to stop. He would take all the pain in the world to not see Fi in as much pain as she was in now. The rage was enough to make the chair fall over to the side with him in it.

He trashed and kicked at it more, earning the wonderful sound of wood snapping. The Governor couldn't hear it over Fiona's screams, though, so Daryl let out all the rage he could manage at the chair until he finally broke one arm rest free. But, that the Governor heard.

Fi let out a sigh of relief when his hands and the blade left her, but was only stuck with fear when she saw him going over to Daryl.

Daryl shot up, kicking the Governor in the shins, making him stumble back wards. Daryl was slow to standing because he still had part of the chair connected to him and was only to fall back down when the Governor's fist collided against his face. Fi let out yells and curse words at him, but Daryl was letting his rage control him now and block everything else out.

He took the arm of the chair he had ripped off and reached up, stabbing it into the Governor's thigh. The Governor let out a yell of pain while Daryl stood up, smashing the chair against the wall to get it off him. He ripped his arms out of the restraints while the Governor pulled out the wooden arm from his leg, breathing heavily before he lunged at Daryl.

Daryl tried to move out of the way, but the Governor managed to slice the side of his arm deep enough to make Daryl hiss. Daryl didn't focus on it, instead he charged the Governor, making them both go onto the ground. Daryl luckily was able to get his hand on his throat and hover over him, throwing punch after punch at his face, letting rage out with each blow.

Daryl didn't notice that the Governor was reaching one of his hands to his waist band, about to pull out a gun, but Fi did. "DARYL! Watch the fuckin gun!" She called out, failing to break out of her own restraints.

Daryl noticed the gun and tried to kick it away, but the Governor shifted and sent his fist across Daryl's face, making him stumble back. The gun fell a little away and Daryl had all the intent of getting it. Daryl's arm was throbbing as he dodged one more punch from the Governor and crawled over to the gun. The Governor saw that he had got it and made a quick move, pulling out his knife, dashing over to Fi, and holding it to her neck.

Daryl was lying on his back with the gun pointed at the Governor's head while Fiona was letting out short and quick breaths, trying not to get any closer to the knife digging into her skin. Both Daryl and Fiona were fuming, but had no idea what to do. "Put it down or she dies," the Governor demanded. "Now!"

Daryl squinted his eyes at him in anger and then slammed it down on the ground. "Slide it over," the Governor said. Daryl let out a growl when he saw him push the knife down harder on Fi's neck and reluctantly slid the gun on the ground over to the Governor's feet.

"Gov! We saw Merle coming out with the black girl!" Martinez appeared in the doorway of the room, walkie talkie in hand. They had set up some of their men around the roads to the prison to see if they would try to leave, and the thing is, Merle knew that...

Martinez's eyes went wide at the sight of what was going on in the room and the Governor shot him a look. He knew what that look meant and he quickly pulled out his gun and aimed it at Daryl, making Fiona struggle more.

The Governor dropped the knife from Fiona's neck, "get that one tied up again, chain him to the wall or something," he bent down grabbing his gun before walking over to Daryl, kicking him it the gut, then strutting out of the room. "We'll finish this later, I'm not done with you two yet," was the last thing he said to them.

Daryl started to worry about what Martinez had said, thinking back to his conversation with Merle before he left. Merle was acting pretty shady and kept saying Rick didn't have the balls to give up Michonne. Daryl knew that Merle was probably the one with Michonne... He knew Merle might be doing something stupid and getting him self in danger.

Martinez yanked up Daryl by the back of his shirt and they both looked to Fiona who wasn't doing to hot. Her head was throbbing along with all of the other injured and cut up parts of her body. Her heart beat was only growing weaker and she knew if she didn't get help soon, she wont make it. The torture was taking a toll on her and Daryl could tell, but he wouldn't lose her. He couldn't.

Martinez did the unexpected and dropped his gun from Daryl, also realizing his grip on him. "You guys need to get out of here, now. The Gov has gone crazy, he just killed Milton... Andrea... and he's gona go kill Merle."

Daryl didn't waste another second after hearing that before rushing over to Fi and trying to rip off her restraints. He got one wrist free, but it wasn't moving fast enough for her liking. "Daryl," he didn't respond, just kept tearing away at her restraints, knowing what she would say, but knowing he had to get her out. "Daryl! Just go! I'm just gona slow you down!" She demanded.

"I ain't leavin ya!" He snapped back.

"Daryl, if Martinez is right, Merle's in trouble, now go."

"I ain't fuckin lettin ya go again, Fi. I can't." His voice was set, but weary.

"I'm slowing you down! We don't have time for this! Martinez will help me get out! GO!" She yelled, taking a lot of her energy up doing so. Daryl froze, he knew she was right, but he didn't know what to do.

"I got'er, man," Martinez said, stepping forward.

"Daryl, I'll be fine, go!" Fiona added. Daryl just looked between Martinez and Fi multiple times before Martinez spoke; "your weapons are up stairs. Most of the men went out with the Gov, but take this," Martinez handed Daryl his gun. Daryl hesitated, but took it, giving Martinez a thankful nod. He had no idea why he was doin this for them, but wasn't going to question it. "Daryl," Fi called out, raising her free hand out to him.

Daryl strode forward and cupped her cheeks lightly, trying not to hit her bruises, and let his lips connect with hers. Both of them felt those odd sparks and became rejuvenated just by the feel and taste of each other. They were each others reason to fight, so that's exactly what they are gona do. "I'll catch up with you," Fi said when they broke and Daryl nodded.

"I love ya, Fi," and with that Daryl tore himself away from her, knowing he needed to go get Merle.

Fiona watched as he hesitantly left and saw his angel wings leave the room. She felt a huge weight be lifted off her chest that he got free. He got out.

Martinez came over and pulled out his knife, sawing off the rest of her restraints. When she got her hands free she instantly brought her hands together, trying to rub at the raw skin. The movement hurt her, but she wasn't going to do anything about it.

Martinez grabbed onto her upper arm and carefully put his other arm around her waist, guiding her out of the chair. She hissed and grunted at the pain, but finally was standing on her feet. "I can barely walk," she stated, feeling her head spin and her whole body ache. She had lost a ton of blood and hasn't really ate or drank anything in a while, on top of all the physical and mental torture that was just brought down on her. Maybe I wasn't supposed to survive this? She thought.

Martinez started to slowly lead her out of the door, keeping an eye pealed for anyone who might get in his way, but the Governor had basically gathered all their men up to take to the feed and seed warehouse, and then probably to stop by the prison. Martinez was normally left here to take charge.

The snuck out of the building she was being held in after grabbing some more guns and Fiona felt like with every step soreness and pain were sent up her, along with occasional dripping off blood. The snuck behind all of the buildings, away from the towns people, but had to stop on occasions so Fiona could regain her breath or stop the dizziness from creeping up on her.

After an agonizingly long time, they finally made it to the side wall, were buses were lined up for her to sneak through. "I can't go with you. Can you make it back by yourself?" Martinez asked. Fiona thought that was a stupid question, she might as well be walker bait if she can't run or stab any of them. Martinez handed a machine gun in her direction, that would help, but she knew that he wasn't going to help her get back, he didn't care that much.

She grabbed the gun and threw the strap over her shoulder. "Thanks, for getting us out and keeping us alive," she said. Martinez just nodded, he had a family once, so he knew what it was like to lose them, and he wasn't going to let that happen to them because of the Governor who had gone full on psycho.

Fiona snuck out of the side wall and onto the street, waving at Martinez before she walked off. Each step was brutal and she could probably be confused as a walker right now. She honestly felt like one. She felt dead physically, like each step was killing her. Her head was aching and spinning and every tortured inch of her was in pain, but she didn't stop. Even when painful tears came out, she didn't stop. She had to get to Daryl, she had to survive for him.

But, maybe she wasn't meant to survive this?
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW I was so nervous for putting this chapter up. I had like 300 different ideas and ways I wanted/or could take this and I spent all last night debating what I should do, but I reluctantly settled on this! I also didn't want to put this chapter up because this story is my love and i know it's coming down to an end.
I was debating not ending this just because this is my baby and I never want to end it, but I have decided it should end. How you may ask? YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!

Do you think Fiona will survive? Will Daryl? Will the Governor? Will Merle? The group? Am i torturing you guys by changing it up with the walking dead tv show plot so you don't know what will happen?

ALSO, sorry about changing up the point of views. I wanted to try out the alternate one because 1. I wanted to tell this part of the chapter in it to tap into the thoughts of the other characters and 2. because I wanted to try it out.
Did you guys like it? Or do you think I butchered the chapter because of it?

AND AND AND I have already made my OC and set up my new Daryl Dixon story! I'm so excited for it! It will be called 'The Sharpest Lives' (yes it is named after a My Chemical Romance song) and the main character's name is Ace.

I LOVE YOU ALL AS USUAL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND READS AND SO ON!!! Let me know what you guys think or your predictions!!!<333 ENJOY!!!