Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Death's Not Going Anywhere

Daryl. Daryl. Daryl Dixon. The man I love. I need to get to him. I need Daryl.

That was all that I allowed myself to think as each agonizing step felt like it was ripping me a part. More blood would pool out with each step, each movement, but so did determination. If I was going to die I at least want to see Daryl one more time. Know that he is safe. Be in his arms one more time.

I don't know if I was going to survive this, but I realized that I wanted too. I couldn't leave Daryl. After basically knowing him my whole life, I wasn't going to leave him now. I couldn't live without him, so how could I die without him? But, I wouldn't be alone in death, would I? Syd. Syd would be with me.

I'll die when I die, but I will do whatever I can to prevent it right now. Syd's not going anywhere.

I clenched my jaw, and stood up as straight as I could, trying to let my determination and confidence take over my body.

My feet dragged on the ground, and the sun was burning my eyes that were very sensitive to it, so I squinted. It wouldn't be hard to mistake me for a walker right now.

I'm not sure how far away Woodbury is from the seed and feed warehouse, but I had been in this area a lot lately to be able to figure out where I was, and I don't think I was too far, but I need to hurry up.

I looked around and spotted a large stick that had broken off from a tree, god that would be perfect for a cane. I started to hobble over, my breathing heavy while I winced in pain every now and then. Leaves crunched under my feet as I came closer to the tree and I clutched onto my stomach as I leaned down, picking up the branch. "Uhrggg," I groaned, standing back up slowly, my head and body throbbing.

I let go of my stomach and set the stick up right, letting myself lean onto it, sighing in relief a little. I let my eyes rest for a moment, but they snapped open when I heard the one noise I was really not in the mood for right now. Walkers.

How fucking fantastic!

I looked around, squinting my eyes a little more and spotted three walkers shuffling around, bound to past right by me and I couldn't fight them. Shit.

I did my best to pick up my feet and went as fast as I possibly could, sneaking past a few other trees. It hurt, but so would getting eaten by walkers. I took one look behind me, which ended up being a mistake when I tripped over a stump in front of me. A yelp and groan of pain escaped my mouth when I crashed onto the ground, attracting the walkers I was running from. I swear I could have blacked out right then and there, but instead I cursed more silently.

My mouth dropped when I realized what I tripped over was a walker. A dead one.

I didn't hesitate to squirm over to it, a few occasional grunts of pain coming out. There was a odd shaped hole in its forehead, and I could have smiled when I realized it was an arrow hole. This meant the blood was fresh. I let the adrenaline take over my body when the groans of the walkers got louder, and slid around on the ground, grasping onto the walkers shoulders and rolling over, pulling it on top of me.

I let out a long grunt when I did, but as soon as I stopped, I held my breath to keep quiet and not to smell the decaying stench of the walker. This allowed me to really notice how much my head was spinning and throbbing.. how tired I was. I let myself ignore those thoughts as shuffling dead feet got closer. I swear if my heart could, it would be thumping out of my heart.

I could only make out the feet as they moved by and it reminded me of the day on the highway. There were only three walkers so it sure as hell didn't take as long, but I still waited until I was absolutely sure they were way away from me. I counted from three in my head, then summoned my strength I had left, and tried to shove the walker off me. I failed. My arms were shaking and felt like noodles, so I only was able to push it up a little. This had to be a 200 pound person.

Okay, so I wasn't going to push it off me...

I counted from three once more and sucked in a breath before shoving my body upwards, rolling so I was now on top of the walker. My head was about to spin off my head, so I let it rest on the walkers upper chest, not caring how gross it was at the moment. My breaths were coming out as wheezes and my body was shaking.

I need to get up. I need to get going. To Daryl.

Daryl's name was all I needed to think, to reach around for my stick cane and very slowly, but surely, prop myself up. More of my skin felt like it was ripping and I felt more blood come out, making me even more woozy.

I looked down at myself and had to close my eyes at the sight. I was still in only my underwear, both garments soaked from my blood the Governor drew, making every cut, new and old, stand out. My ribs were also sticking out from my pale and red skin, as well as my hip bones. I also was covered in a little of the dead walkers blood, making my scent hopefully hidden.

I didn't bother to look down at myself again and started to hobble out of the forest, putting as much weight as I could on my cane. "Ow. Damn. Fuck. Shit. Ug. Ow. Pussy." I groaned out every swear word I had in my vocabulary at myself with each step, tears of pain rimming my eyes. I looked up to stop the tears from falling and noticed I was now surrounded by open fields and wooden buildings. I was close.

I kept going, biting my tongue so much to stop the painful noises that I made it bleed a little. More blood, yay!

Daryl. Daryl Dixon. The man I love. I need to get to him. I need Daryl.

I thought those same thoughts again, but they ended up turning into: Don't pass out. Don't lose consciousness. Don't die. Keep going. Don't black out.

My knees were wobbling and every time I would lift the stick cane up, it would shake from how hard my body was shaking. I was about to collapse onto my knees, but I quickly caught myself, each hand on each knee. Breathing in and out I chanted whatever motivational thoughts I had in my head out, but it's not like I could control my body giving out.

I sucked in a big breath, wincing at the pain it caused, and looked up. A laughed escaped my lips as I saw that I was in the field behind the seed and feed warehouse. I was here. I did it. Daryl. God, Daryl was here.

I didn't hesitate to ignore whatever pain and whatever dizziness I had, standing up and hobbling as fast as I could to the building and then around it. I didn't even realize Daryl's name was spilling out of my mouth, until I had to take a moment to stop, lean against the building and try to steady myself. I only let a few seconds pass, until I was shoving myself along with my cane, my heart seeming to "regain" its strength as I was about to turn the corner to were I assumed Daryl must be.

I slowed down a little when I passed multiple dead walker bodies and other ones that had no flesh left on them. I panicked a moment and made sure to check and make sure none of them were Merle or Daryl. My eyes were focused so hard on the walkers on the ground, that I didn't even look up until I heard a slight whimpering.

I looked up and my heart shattered when I took in the sight of Daryl lying on the ground, hands over his face. He was crying. It absolutely killed me to see him crying and all I wanted to do was run over there and grab onto him, which I would have, but something else I saw stopped me.

I don't know if it was possible for my head to spin any more than it already was, but when my broken heart plummeted into my stomach, it became very possible. Those painful tears that had rimmed my eyes, turned into sadness and anger tears, falling immediately after I saw Merle.

Merle lying on the ground in front of Daryl, dead. Dead with multiple bloody indents in his face.

Merle was an asshole, sure, but deep deep deep down, he was soft. He was a good guy, sometimes. Merle used to be my friend and the Governor killed him. Made him turn for Daryl to find. The Governor did this.

In that moment my body froze and all I could think about was Daryl. Daryl stabbed him in the face multiple times. He had to. His own brother, no matter how much shit or hate they went through, it was his brother. Daryl didn't deserve any of this. "Daryl," I whispered out, my voice sounding ghostly as I let my self clutch onto my stomach and make my way over to him. There is no way I could leave him now. Not after this.

Daryl didn't hear me coming, which was a first... It wasn't until I collapsed onto my knees a little in front of him, not being able to make it any further. "Daryl," I croaked out, making him snap his head over to me. His face had dried tears streaking down his face and his bright blue eyes held sadness and anger in them, making my heart reach out for him. It took him a minute, after just looking at me with wide eyes, to shoot up and rush over to me. He collapsed on his knees right in front of me and his eyes were rimmed with tears. "Fi.." his voice was hoarse and weak.

I didn't know what I was expecting, but when he wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my shoulder, I was a little shocked. I didn't hesitate to comfort him, especially when I felt wetness on my shoulder and his body shaking. Never once had I seen Daryl Dixon like this and it only made me love him more. I didn't care that I could be dying, I only cared about Daryl.

I held onto him as tight as I could, until I felt my eyes get heavy and my grip loosen. I was about to fall backwards, but Daryl noticed and caught me quickly. "Fi!" He yelled, almost quiet and desperately. He shifted me quickly so he had an arm around my waist, the other holding my top half up in his arms. "Fi, stay with me!" He begged, emotion showing straight through his voice. I kept trying to stay with it, but I wasn't winning the war against my pain and blood loss. "I ain't fuckin losin ya!" He yelled, wrapping me up to him tighter, wanting to get up and run to the prison, but I stopped him by putting a weak hand on his cheek. "I ain't losin ya, too," he repeated, his voice a broken whispered, more tears in his eyes.

He looked down at me and our eyes met, shivers, as usual, getting sent down my body. "I will never leave you, Daryl," I whispered, and saw his eyes looking frantic. "I'm just tired," I whispered to myself. I would wake up. I would wake up to Daryl every fucking day. I'm not going to leave him. I can't be without him.

Daryl called out to me more as my eyes were threatening to roll into the back of my head. "I'll never leave you," I whispered.

"FI!" He yelled out to me. "Fi.." he whispered that last part to himself and leaned down, resting his forehead against mine. "Stay with me, Fi."

I let the thumb of my hand on his cheek trace over his skin as I looked at him in admiration.

"Ya be my wife?" Daryl blurted out. My eyes instantly snapped over to his and I saw the love and desperation in his eyes. My heart melted for the 100th time today and all I could do was let out a weak nod yes while my lips perked into a smile. I never thought in a million years I would get married before the world went to shit, but I had never been filled with so much love. My heard thudded harder than it ever has for Daryl and I was so happy in this moment, despite everything that was happening.

"I love you, Daryl," was the last thing that escaped my lips while I took in his sent before my eyes closed and everything went black. I'd wait for his response when I woke up. Because I would wake up... I had to...

*(Alternate P.O.V.)*

Daryl let more tears shake his body while he kept his head rested on Fiona's forehead, gripping her close to his chest. He had never liked to cry or even let his emotions seep through, but this was Fi... This was Fi.

"NO!" He screamed out, when it hit him. THIS WAS FI! "NOO!" He cried out louder and louder. First his brother, now the one person he loved more than life. He finally got her. He wasn't going to let her go. He couldn't. He wiped the tears under his eyes away with the back of his hand and then let it quickly dart to the side of Fi's throat. There was a pulse!

He let out a unbelieving breath and checked again. There was a pulse. It was weak. But, it was there. Daryl rubbed his hand over his face and checked once more, making sure it was real. This time it was harder to feel and his hope shriveled a little.. The pulse was slipping.

He didn't waste another second to shift so he was holding her bridal style and stood up, making sure his crossbow was on his back and then took off in the fastest run he could manage. "Fi, you stay with me," he demanded. "You don't fucking leave!" His voice was hoarse from his tears and a little winded from his running.

He ran. He ran and didn't stop. He didn't stop when he was winded. He didn't stop when his arms or legs got tired. He ran. He didn't know if Fi was dead right now or was going to make it, but he was going to do what ever the hell he could. He would jump off a damn cliff for Fi. He wasn't going to lose her. That wasn't an option he could live with.

The prison wasn't that far away and Daryl knew exactly where he was going, but he felt him self start to get a little dizzy. Dizzy from the non stop running, but mostly from the torture that was going on in his head thinking that Fi could be dead. He felt guilty. He should have protected her. He shouldn't have left her at Woodbury like that. She didn't even hear him say I love you back before her eyes closed.

After what seemed like hours and hours of running, his feet hit gravel, letting him know he was on the road to the prison. He ran faster. He pushed every muscle and every ounce of strength he had to get Fi there faster. "GLENN!" He screamed out when he was coming closer and closer, seeing a figure that looked like Glenn's watching the fences. "GLENN! OPEN THE GATE!" He screamed aloud, desperate.

Glenn squinted at the voice and already knew it was Daryl, but his heart started to freak out when he saw the limp girl in his arms. "V!" He called over to Vic who was walking in the other direction of him. V jogged over him, about to ask what happened, but followed Glenn's gaze, only to have his heart drop. "Oh my god," he said. Glenn quickly pulled out the keys to the gate and fumbled with them as Daryl ran straight through the walker infested fields. "OPEN THE GATE!" He screamed again as he was about to approach.

Glenn finally got it unlocked and V came over, yanking the fence open with him. V and Glenn looked in pure shock and fear as Daryl dragged an unconscious, possibly dead, bruised, bloody, and pale Fiona past them.

The only thing Daryl could hear as he sprinted to the prison doors was the sound of his rapid heart beat, loud in his ears. He kicked the door open once he got close enough and immediately screamed for help. "HERSHEL! RICK!"

Fiona's dangling head was bouncing all over the place as he ran into one of the cells, avoiding all the questions, yells of fear, and gasps of shock. "HERSHEL!" He screamed out again as he laid Fiona down on one of the bottom bunks. Hershel hobbled over as fast as he could, his crutches making noise echo throughout the cell block.

"Give me some room!" Hershel called to Daryl who was leaning right over Fi, tears still in his eyes and his hand was trying to feel for her pulse. He backed up, his eyes wide and frantic. "The-The pulse.. I can't.. THE PULSE!" He yelled, gripping his hair tight in his hands, pulling at it while more tears fell, then making a sudden movement and punching the wall behind him.

Hershel leaned his crutches against the bed and jumped one legged over to Fi's head, trying to stay calm as he felt around her neck. He put all his focus in finding the right spot and trying to feel something, closing his eyes to do so. It was almost as light as a feather hitting his finger, but he felt something. He felt it, barely. "CAROL!" Hershel yelled out, and since everyone was circling around the outside of the cell, she immediately came through. "Get me some towels, a bucket, and the kit to sew her up with!" He demanded. "Beth, get me some water, alcohol, and any meds you can find that might be necessary!" He contemplated what else he would need and listed off everything else he needed for Maggie to get. "Rick!" He called once the girls ran out. "We are going to need your handcuffs."

Daryl caught that last part and immediately felt something go off inside him. "No!" He stepped forward. "T'hell ya need them for?!" He knew what, but wasn't going to believe it.

"Son, she still has a pulse. It's very weak and fading.. I'm not sure if there is much we can do, so if she.."

"NO! SHE'S GONA WAKE UP AND GONA BE DAMN FINE!" Daryl cut of Hershel, pointing his finger out at him while his emotions started to go haywire.

Rick stepped forward and grabbed Daryl's arm, keeping him back. He had his own tears in his eyes, but he knew he had to try and keep cool for the group, no matter how much Fiona mattered to him. "Daryl, we need to take the precaut-"

"YA AIN'T HANDCUFFIN MY WIFE TO THE BED! SHE'S FINE! SHE'S GONA-"

"WE DON'T KNOW IF SHE'S GONA WAKE UP ALIVE, DARYL!" Rick snapped, cutting Daryl off. Daryl's eyes widened and he ran his hand through his hair, taking a step back. He looked at the group staring at them with wide eyes and he didn't care. He didn't care if they heard him say wife or were watching... He only cared about Fi... He collapsed down onto his knees, his emotions getting the best of him.

No one knew what to do, but just in time, the girls came back with all the supplies Hershel asked for and started helping him out. They took the towels over any areas that were still bleeding, which were a lot, and Hershel followed behind them, sewing up the deeper cuts and pouring alcohol on them. "Son, were gona need some space," Hershel said once again to Daryl. Daryl looked up and saw Rick walk over, handcuffing one of Fi's hands to the post of the bed. Daryl shot up, kicked the cell door as hard as he could manage and stormed off to the cell he shared with Fi. He stood at the doorway for a moment, but then only knowing one way to get everything out, he started to grab onto anything he could and throw it across the room.

He was throwing everything, letting everything out on the various items he chucked and the bed that he kicked, hearing something break. He grabbed onto one more thing and was about to chuck it, but stopped when he realized it was Fi's notepad. He just stared down at it, but then out of no where, his knees gave out once again and he fell to the ground. He laid his head against the notepad, letting more tears flow.

V and Rick stood in the cell block, faces pale and full of fear and sadness. They looked to their left, to see Fiona, their friend, their family, their "sister", basically dead and covered in blood and bruises. Or, they looked up, hearing Daryl. Both options splitting their hearts, so they ended up going back out on watch, waiting for Hershel to be done, hopefully helping Fi live.

Hershel, Beth, Maggie, and Carol, were all silently freaking out, but they couldn't worry about that now. They had to keep their cool to help one of their "family" members. Beth had managed to find a needle and a bag in the infirmary of the prison, which could possibly help them get some medicine into Fi. But, no one knew if it was too late for that or not... Maggie and Carol noticed the blood that was all around her thighs and underwear, making them look to each other in shock.

They took the towels and got them wet in some water from the river they collected , washing off as much blood as they could so they could see her wounds more properly, finding out that the one that caused all the blood by her legs, was internal. They considered pouring alcohol down there, but neither really had any clue to do for someone cutting her up, inside.

--

Hours had passed.

Everyone hand anger in their veins. Anger at the Governor. Pure hatred.

Hershel, Beth, Maggie, and Carol had done the best they could to fix Fiona up, but nothing had happened. No one knew when she was going to wake up, and if it was going to be alive.. or dead.

Daryl, he wouldn't accept dead. She was going to be alive.

He hadn't left the cell block once, barely even came out of the cell Fi was in, except once. No one knew what he was doing when he abruptly got up and stormed his way out of the prison, but no one questioned. A grieving, angry, Daryl was something most seemed to be afraid of... No one knew that he had went to get a ring off one of the walkers fingers out side for when Fi woke up. Because she would wake up, he wouldn't allow any doubt in his mind. He wasn't going to lose his brother, then Fi.

He came back into the cell Fi was in and sat down on the small stool in front of her bed. She was pale, but you couldn't see most of her injuries because someone had dressed her. Her right hand was handcuffed to the bed, but her left hand was free, so Daryl grabbed it. He twirled the ring in his fingers, knowing that if he had married Fi before the world went to shit, it would have never been this nice. He would have never been able to afford it.. But, he still woulda married her, gave her anything and everything he could. He would of protected her, maybe even their son or daughter, too..

His face was emotionless as he took the ring and slid it on her finger, but his mind was filled with so much. The ring was a little big on her frail fingers, but it would do. He kept her pale hand in his and let his head rest down on his clenched fists, closing his eyes.

So much was going through every ones minds, that no words could be formed. Especially when Daryl felt Fi's fingers twitch in his hand. His heart stopped. His breathing stopped. He couldn't even bring himself to move his head up and look.

He couldn't look at Fi, who's eyes had opened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wowowowowow.
DO YOU THINK SHE IS ALIVE... OR A WALKER?!

Dunn Dunnnnnnn..

I finally got this chapter up and I'm sososososo sorry for the wait! The next one will be up very very soon, and there may only be one or two chapters left!:( But, I'm also starting a new Daryl/OC when this ends!

I love you all, as usual!
Let me know what you think!
(Any sad song will represent this chapter I guess) :)