Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

You Have Me

Just a warning that there will be some rated R parts at the end of this chapter!! Enjooooooy!:)

The light from the building engulfed the nights darkness around us. Everyone just stared, dumbfounded for a while until we all remembered we were on display for walkers.

"Daryl, Fi, cover the back." Shane yelled over to us.

Daryl let go of my waist and we spread out, with our weapons raised. We walked all the way inside and called out to see if anyone was there. I looked up at the tall ceiling and around at the spacious building. It was huge, but no one was in it. The sound of someone cocking their gun in the distance caught our attention. "Anyone infected?" A man called out, his voice echoed and bounced off the walls.

Rick seeming to fit into the role of the leader perfectly, responded. "One of our group was." Rick paused in guilt. "He didn't make it."

"Why are you here, what do you want?" The man asked. Was it not obvious what we were here for?

"A chance."

The man in the distance hesitated, but walked closer. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that."

*

We were all running over to the cars to grab our stuff to bring inside. Once we all were in, we shut the doors and the man that worked here asked someone named Vi to lock down the main entrance for good.

We all crammed in an elevator that was taking us down somewhere, and it was pretty awkward. Everyone just looked around at each other or at the man who introduced him self as Doctor Edwin Jenner, who was completely avoiding all our gazes. I felt Daryl shift uncomfortably next to me, sensing the awkwardness of the long elevator ride.

We finally stopped and the doctor led us into some big room filled with computers and research equipment, but no people. It turned out Jenner was the only one left, and that Vi was some computer hooked up to the building. I wasn't surprised. But, I did see the hope that seemed to flourish in Rick's eyes fade away as he looked around and caught my gaze. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed as Jenner led us into a room to get a blood test.

I've never been a big fan of getting my blood drawn, but i squeezed my eyes tight and it was over quickly. I went to stand up, but i realized i haven't eaten in days and getting my blood drawn wasn't helping that. I stumbled a little, but Rick shot up and helped me walk to my seat.

*

We were all sitting at one large table, feasting and laughing. I almost cried when i saw the food Jenner gave us, and I also pledged to drink all the booze, so it didn't go to waste. Everyone was celebrating, and I could already feel myself get a little tipsy. Even Carl had some wine, but made a sour face and pushed it away, causing everyone to break roar in laughter.

"Stick to soda pop there, bud." Shane said.

"Not you Glenn. Keep drinkin little man, I wana see how read your face can get." Daryl said to an innocent looking Glenn.

We all thanked Jenner for being our host and providing us with the meal, while Daryl just happily yelled, "Booyah!"

I looked over to Sydney, who has never had a drink in her life, share a wine bottle with Glenn. I wonder if they had a thing. I shrugged it off, not wanting to be an annoying over protective sister to her and just drank more.

"So when ya gona tell us what the hell happened here doc?" Shane said, causing everyone laughter to fade.

"We are celebratin Shane, no need to be a buzz kill." I snapped at him, but he continued to ask questions; "All the other doctors, where are they?"

I slouched back in my chair and finished off my 3rd maybe 5th glass of wine. I didn't mind wine, I just wouldn't mind some southern comfort.

"When things got bad, a lot of people just left, to be with their families." Jenner said. "When things got worse, many bolted, and the ones who couldn't face walking out the door, opted out. There was a rash of suicides."

I tensed up at the word suicide. Ever sense i lost somebody from suicide, that word has made me uncomfortable. I sensed Daryl's gaze on me, I never knew if he knew that I was close with the person who died, but he knew that i was uncomfortable talking about it. I got up out of my seat and searched the cabinets for some stronger booze. If i wanted to keep my bad thoughts away, i had to get completely wasted. I found a bottle of Southern Comfort and did a little victory dance as i downed it straight from the bottle. "I'm getting wasted TOnight." I said what everyone was thinking.

Daryl walked over seeing what I found and i offered him some, her took a long swig and then walked away with the bottle, giving me a smirk. "Dick." I mumbled, only making his smirk grow more.

We followed Jenner into a hallway that had multiple rooms down it. "There is a rec room down the hall that the kids might like, but just don't plug in the video games or anything that draws power. Same applies for you guys, if you take a shower go easy on the hot water."

Hot water. I looked over to Glenn who had wide eyes, "Hot water?" He said with an excited smile.

"That's what the man said."
We had to spilt up into rooms; Rick, Lori, and Carl had one. Carol and Sophia had one, Syd and I had one. T-dog, Glenn, and Dale had one. Andrea and Jackie had one. And Daryl had one, preferring to be alone. He had a hard mask on for these people, and for some reason I wanted to see his soft one. "DIBS ON SHOWERING FIRST!" I called as Syd and I got into our room.

I ran into the little bathroom and turned on the water. As i waited for it to warm up, i stripped off my avengers top and jean shorts. I had another pair of shorts, but they were my comfy short shorts, all my other clothes i dropped when running in the woods.

I looked at my self in the small mirror, realizing its been the first time i've looked at myself since the apocalypse started. I noticed the bags under my eyes and how i had a layer of dirt caked on my skin. I looked like i haven't ate or slept in what felt like forever, which was true, i probably have dropped multiple pounds. There were small bruises and cuts scattered around on my body, making me look as bad as i felt.

I sighed and stripped off my underwear and hoped in the shower. The hot water felt absolutely amazing. So amazing i just stood for a while soaking it in and letting my mind wander. I thought about the dead walking around, about my sister, about the new group I'm in, and about Daryl. Daryl. I wanted to find his softer side, but I wanted more to be his softer side.

No. No no no no no no no.

I can't have feelings for someone in the Apocalypse. Especially not Daryl fucking Dixon. At any moment of any day he could be gone. It's bad enough i have to worry about that with my sister. It doesn't matter, because i don't even have feelings for him anyways.

Remembering that i shouldn't be wasting the hot water, i washed all the dirt and grime off my body and my hair. As I was washing i couldn't help but not let my mind wander to Daryl. The way his muscles flexed when he held his weapon, how his voice sounded when he used his rough southern drawl, the way his arms and chest looked in his sleeveless shirts, and his broad, muscular shoulders.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I turned the water all the way on to cold and tried to get myself to cool down. This wasn't good.

* Daryl's point of view*

I got in the bathroom and stepped in the shower immediately after taking off my clothes, not even waiting for it to warm up. I brought in the bottle of booze i stole from Fi with me. I kinda felt selfish because she looked like she needed it more than me after they started talking about suicide, but no body needs her wasted, clumsy ass walkin around.

I leaned on the shower wall downing the booze as i thought about Fi. She was the only one in this group i didn't mind now that Merle is gone. Shes also the only other one who isn't an idiot around here. I wonder what Merle's reaction will be when we find him and he sees her.

Fi always was pretty and had a nice body, but never flaunted it too much. She wanted to be respected, and the men were pigs back home. She would wear less or shorter things if she was comfortable around the people she was with though. And man was it hard to keep your eyes off her then.

I stopped myself from thinking things about her that she woudn't want me to, i respect her too much. I wonder if anyone else thought those things about her. Shane looked at her like a piece of meat, and sometimes i swore even Rick did. I started to get mad at the thought of someone else thinking that about her, so i shut off the shower and jumped out, not even worrying about washing myself anymore.

I got dressed in my same jeans and was about to put my shirt on when i heard a bang in the hallway. I opened the door to see what was going on and only heard some muffled words and unpleasant grunts. I walked over to see Shane had pinned Fi to his door with one hand over her mouth and one hand up her shirt. I saw he had a little bruise forming on his face, Fi had tried to fight back, but she also had some bruises from where his fingers were holding her so she couldn't get away. I felt my anger rise and blood boil as i stormed over there "get your fucking hands off her!!"

I shoved Shane off her and hovered over him on the ground, throwing punches to his face. He manage to punch me once or twice, but they were wimpy. I wanted to beat him to a pulp and send him packing, but knowing i couldn't do that I got up and walked away. "If i ever catch ya touching her or even lookin at her again, I won't stop."

He didn't respond, just laid down flat on the ground. Asshole. I walked over to see Fi leaning on the wall in the hallway looking a little shaken up, "ya okay?"

She flinched a little at my voice, but realized it was me and looked up. I saw her eyes look over my bare chest and she seemed to get a little uncomfortable. "Uh, yeah. Thanks. Um.. I'm probably gona go try and get some sleep, or just get wasted." She shrugged and walked off over to her room. She had on a pair of shorter shorts and my eyes were glued to her as she walked away.

* back to Fiona's point of view*

I walked back to my room after Shane almost molested me like the pig he is. Luckily Daryl was there to stop him, but Shane wouldn't have gotten too far without me breaking from his grasp and kicking his ass. I just wish Daryl had time to put a shirt on, I'm sure he saw me staring.

I just wanted to go to bed all snuggled up with a bottle of alcohol. I was about to walk into our room when Sydney ran up to the door.

"Hey Fi, uhm look Glenn and I are just uh kinda hanging out in here right now, but uh-"

Sensing what was going on I cut her off, "It's fine, I'll be in the rec room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, they have couches and enough books too comfort me for hours. Plus, you deserve to have at least one good, normal night."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" She gave me a hug. "You know, you could just stay with Daryl, he is all by himself."

I grunted at her and walked away hearing her yell "Love you!!"

I waved at her behind my head and saw her door close. I slid down on the wall, sitting on the ground, and rested my head behind me. After a while I heard someone slump down across from me and I looked up to see Rick handing me a bottle of Southern Comfort.

"You look like you need this more than me." He said as he pushed it in my direction. I didn't hesitate to grab the bottle and take a nice long drink. The alcohol burned my throat, but it was a good burn.

"So, you never did tell me about Jacksonville." Rick said as he leaned his head on the wall behind him.

He looked completely wasted, so he probably wouldn't remember anything i told him in the morning. "My uncle lived up there, had himself a nice little gas station in a boating marina. I would bring Syd up there to live with me whenever things got real bad at home, and i would work with him, save up some money so one day i could take Syd and move far away. But, that obviously never happened."

Rick just looked at me, his blue eyes trying so hard to figure me out.

"I've wonder what would have happened if I did move far away. If maybe the dead aren't walking across the world." I never did believe it was better anywhere, because if there was why aren't they helping us?

"It's all gone, isn't it?" Rick asked, already suspecting what the answer is going to be.

I didn't want to take away the little hope he had, with my opinion, so i tried to show I had some hope. "We don't know that for sure, maybe somewher-"

He cut me off. "You think everything is gone." He paused, leaving me confused. "I see it in your eyes, or i guess i could say i don't see it in your eyes. You have no hope."

I didn't know exactly how to respond, I took another long sip of the alcohol, he had me cornered. "I have hope. I hope that I'll be able to find some food, or clean clothes. I hoped that i would find a shower, and I did."

"That's not the same." His southern accent a little stronger as he talked.

I sighed, "No Rick, i do not have hope that the world will get better. Is that what you want to hear?"

He sat up a little, "But- but, earlier you were so set on convincing people the camera moved, was that not hope?"

"Maybe it was. Maybe it was hope that the door would open so I'm not stuck outside in the middle of the city, at night. Maybe I was panicking on how we were going to survive." I paused. "I'm not going to go run around telling people that, because this group needs hope. And you shouldn't feel guilty for helping the survive by providing false hope."

Rick just looked at me as if processing what i just said, he is very sober for a wasted man. I stood up and handed him the bottle back, but he denied it. I shrugged and took another drink while starting to walk over to Daryl's room.

I leaned next to his door and knocked on it, almost falling over when he opened it.

"I see you found more alcohol." He said looking towards my bottle. "What do ya want?"

"Geeze sassy, hello to you too." I said as i steadied. I looked up at him, seeing he had put a shirt on. "I came to say thank you, for uh- helping me earlier with the pig."

He grunted his response and just stood there awkwardly. "My uh, sister is in our room with Glenn and.. uh" I trailed off not really wanting to admit what they are probably doing. He hesitated, but I pushed open his door more and let my self in.
"So shes gotta thing for the chinaman, huh?"

"Um, yeah i guess so. I guess i kinda walked in on them hanging out." I made quotations in the air when i said hanging out as i sat down on a chair in the corner. He snorted a little and went to plopped down on the bed, almost finishing off his bottle of southern comfort. "Do ya think we'll find Merle?"

I was caught of guard a little by his question, his drunk mind was thinking too much. "Ya, i do."

He snorted, thinking i was lying. "I'm tellin you the truth Dixon. He couldn't have gone too far and he is probably lookin for ya too, and that's an advantage."

"He took the van in Atlanta, if he is lookin for me why didn't he come back to camp?"

"Lots of reasons. He probably went lookin for some drugs or food and didn't find his way back until we were already gone." I honestly did believe we would find Merle, but I think it is good for Daryl to be away from him and become his own person.

I didn't want to talk about hope anymore, because i didn't have much to say about it. So, I walked over to the bed and sat down across from Daryl and looked him in his bright blue eyes. "If anybody knows how to actually survive, it's you and Merle. So stop gettin your panties in a bunch, stress causes heart attacks... and wrinkles."

Daryl smiled a drunken smile which made me realize how much i wanted him, needed him. We didn't break eye contact for a while and i felt myself move closer to him as he did me. But, before i knew it he snapped his head away and moved back to his side of the bed. "You should go. Your sister is probably done fuckin Glenn now."

"Daryl what the hell is-"
"I don't want your pity! I don't want ya comin over here because ya feel bad for me." He interrupted me and stood up off the bed. "There is a couch in the rec room callin ya name if the chinaman is better than a one night stand."

I can't believe him, i rarely ever gave him my pity, because i knew he hated it and my life wasn't any better than his. I walked over to him, "I wasn't pitying you, Daryl, you're the one feeling bad for your self. It's the fucking apocolypse, we've all lost someone, but some people don't have a chance to go and find them."

"Ya sister is here with ya!"

"Ya, and I am damn lucky, but do you think she is the only one i ever new and loved?!"

"Merle was all I fuckin had!"

"You have me, Daryl! And i am right here! But you kicked me out!" I felt my anger rise, but i didn't want to blow up, not on Daryl, not tonight.

Daryl looked like he was going to blow up on me though, but didn't respond. I was about to walk away when i felt his lips on mine. I was shocked, and still angry, but his lips were a reminder of how much i wanted him. I started to kiss him back feverishly, and I'm not sure if i was feeling sparks from the kiss or in the pit of my stomach when he put his hands on my waist.

The kiss started to get rough as i granted his tongue access into my mouth. Before i knew what was going on, we were on the bed and I was lying under him. He started to kiss down my jaw and down to my neck where he sucked and bit. I let out a small moan that made him come back up to my lips.

I ran my hands through his hair and pulled on it a little causing a small growl to come out of his mouth. I dragged my hands on his muscular arms that i love and then down his back to the bottom of his shirt as started I to lift it up. He broke the kiss to take it completely off and then went and started kissing my neck down to my collar bone.
His hands were still on my waist, but as my shirt restricted him to kiss any farther down he slid his hands up my and pulled my shirt completely off. I knew he wouldn't be this confident if he wasn't still drunk.

He sat up a bit and looked down at me, now only wearing my bra and short shorts. I put my hands on his chest a used my nails to scratch down. I wanted him so bad.

He took my hands and pinned them above my head as he kissed down my chest. He let go of my hands and moved them to my back to take off my bra. He struggled getting the clasp undone which made me laugh a little. "Shut up." He said as he finally got it.

His rough southern drawl only turned me on more, so i wrapped my legs around his waist and grinned into him. He let out a little growl and started biting at my nipples. I moaned in pleasure and tugged at his hair. He looked at me as he moved down and ripped off my shorts and underwear, along with his.

He looked at me as if making sure I wanted to do this, I nodded and felt him slide into me. I let out a moan of pain and pleasure as he let me adjust to his size. I wrapped my legs around him, signaling for him to continue, and he started to slowly thrust into me. He started to pick up his pace and i dug my nails into his back, "oh, fuck" I moaned.

We were both getting our anger out at each other from earlier and i couldn't get enough of it. His hands mostly stayed on my hips to help him thrust into me with more force, but i felt them roam around my chest sometimes, too.

I felt my self get close to going over the top, so i dragged my nails down his back. He leaned down and bit on my neck. "oh fuck, Daryl."

My words only caused him to pound into me harder and for me to get closer. "oh my god, Daryl!!!!!" I moaned when i reached my climax. He bit into my neck and pounded into me harder and deeper as he let out a few grunts and then hit his climax. He went limp on top off me and then rolled off next to me. "Fuck." He sighed as he ran his hand over his face.

I snorted a laugh at him and he sat up and put his boxers on while i put my underwear and avengers shirt on, I coudln't find where Daryl threw my shorts. I laid back down on the bed and put my hands behind my head, "are you still gona kick me out?"

He grunted and just plopped down next to me. We both fell fast asleep a few minutes later.
♠ ♠ ♠
I warned you!! Do you think they have feelings for eachother or just did that from being drunk? Don't forget to comment! :)