Status: Grapes

Life After Death

Life After Death

"C'mon Jake! How long?!" Andy asked.

"I can't tell you Andrew."

"Yeah you can."

"Nope. You can wait."

"Fine."

I gripped wheel as we turned around the mountain. I hated driving along these parts. It was dangerous, but I promised Andy that I'd take him to the top of that mountain. I don't know why he didn't want to go by himself.

I pushed play on my radio and Mötley Crüe's Home Sweet Home. Andy and I started to sing along. I had turned my head to the side for two seconds when I heard Andy shout.

"Jake look out!"

My instinct told me to swerve the wheel and I knew then, that was a bad idea.

My car crashed through the barrier and my stomach flopped. Andy was screaming and praying to something that he didn't believe.

I looked over at him; trying to comfort him in our last seconds. I knew it would be a long shot if we survived this. I looked at his face and he was already cut up and bruised.

"I'm sorry." I said.

I saw him nod before I felt my eyes close.

Is this death? Is this what it feels like? Pure darkness.

"Jacob!"

My eyes opened and I breathed in. I could breathe. I can walk. I can see. I looked around and I expected for my heart to speed up, but there was nothing.

The sky's surrounding me where pitch black. No stars, no sun, no moon. Just blackness.

"Jacob!" I heard the voice again.

When I looked up I saw tall gates. The gates where taller than the skyscrapers at home. Behind them was a bridge. Under the bridge was lava that held a demon. At the end if the bridge was a castle. Many screams and cries could be heard. A man in a black suit stood right by the gate.

"Jacob. Welcome to the gates of hell. I am Lucifer the second. The sun of lucifer and the grandson of Satin."

"What is this?"

"You're dead Jacob. When your lord judged you, he sent you to us."

"How is this possible?"

"You'd be surprised at the possibilities my son."

"So I'm dead and I'm going to hell?"

"See. It's simple. Let's talk Jacob."

He walked in front of me and I followed him. He stopped at the edge of a cliff. He waved his hand over the edge and I saw my house from when I was a child.

"Jacob Mark Pitts, born August 21, 1985. Always a big dreamer. Strummed your first sting on a guitar when you were five. Years went on and you got to high school. That was the worst time of your life. I understand. I work for Satin. I see sorrow everyday."

"How do you know all of this?"

"I know you Jacob. I've stood beside you before but you just didn't realize it."

I didn't say anything; I just kept listening.

"Years went on and finally you had the life you dreamed of. You met Ashley Purdy and he introduced you to Andrew Biersack. From there Black Veil Brides started."

"Wait. Wait. Wait. I was with Andy. Had anyone found us yet?"

His hand made the motion again and we were at the bottom of that hill. Many flashing lights were surrounding my totaled car.

"There was someone behind you and they witnessed the car falling."

I looked and I saw myself being lifted into an ambulance.

"That's the only one." I heard an EMT say.

"I'm not the only one! Where's Andy?!"

The scene changed again and I saw Andy's disfigured body laying on the ground. It hurt me to see my best friend like that. I noticed that he was close to the top of the hill.

"We can't just leave him there! Send me back! Do something!"

"You have 5 hours to finish your business Jacob. I will see you soon."

I looked at the scene before me again and nodded.

I opened my eyes and I was standing in the streets of LA again. I checked my pockets for my phone, but it wasn't there. I needed to call someone. I didn't know who, but they needed to find Andy.

I walked into a store before the door closed behind the person in front of me. I ran up to the counter and tried to get the man's attention. He had his back turned, stalking the shelf.

"Excuse me sir, I need to make a phone call and it's important."

He didn't acknowledge me.

"Sir!"

A woman walked up behind me and sat her things on the counter. The man turned around and smiled.

"Is this it ma'am?"

She nodded and I lost it.

"I was here before her and I told you that I needed to make a call! What's wrong with you!?"

"They can't hear you Jacob. You're no longer alive." I head a voice in my head say.

I yell in frustration and barged out of the store. I realized that I didn't have to open doors. I could just walk through them. If I can do that then I could probably teleport.

I don't know how, but I found myself in Ashley's apartment. He was sleeping on the couch. His phone kept vibrating on the tale but he didn't hear it.

"Ash! Wake up!"

He didn't move at all.

I pushed a book off of a shelf and it made a banging noise against the floor causing Ashley to jump up.

He rubbed his eyes and looked at his phone. I saw his faces sadden then he ran out of the house. I jumped into his car with him. It was weird that no one knew I was here.

I felt myself grown impatient as Ashley drove. We're in LA. Drive faster.

When we finally got there Ashley went to an EMT.

"I'm a friend. Can you tell me what happen?"

"There was an accident. Your friend Jacob has a pulse but he's probably not going to make it. I'm sorry."

"Wait. Where's Andy?"

"Who?"

"Andrew Biersack. He was with Jake."

"There was no one else in the car sir."

"Yes there was! I got a text from him saying that, they were almost there!"

"Your friend isn't here. I'm sorry."

Ashley stood there with his mouth opened and his hands in his hair.

"Ashley! C'mon Andy's up here! Ash please!" I yelled.

I still wasn't being acknowledged. I kicked the log that was laying on the ground and screamed.

Ashley shook his head and started to walk away. He stopped and turned back around.

"Yeah! C'mon! He's up here." I yelled even though I know he couldn't hear me.

I started to run towards Andy body. Ashley walked calling Andy's name but he still walked in the same direction as me.

I found Andy and knelt beside him. Hurry up Ashley.

"You're going to be fine kid. You're going to be okay. Ashley's going to find you."

His head shifted to the side and he groaned. Ashley turned his head in the direction of the noise.

"Andy! Over here!"

Ashley ran over to us and grabbed Andy's hand.

"It's okay buddy. We're getting you help."

"Five minutes." I heard a voice in my head say.

The paramedics met Ashley's and lifted him up on a stretcher.

"He's still breathing!"

I sighed of relief and I felt myself descend again. So long earth.

I was in a pitch black hallway. I saw a small beam of light and a shadow stood before it. As I got closer I realized it was Andy.

"Jake? Is that you?"

"Yeah. It's me."

"What happened why am I here?"

"The car crashed. I'm dead Andy. I came back to save you."

"Oh…Am I dead too?"

"No. You were breathing before I left."

"Oh...I'm not ready to die."

"Then wake up. It's up to you."

"Bye Jake. Thank you."

I hugged him before he turned away. He turned around and disappeared.

I was back at the gates again.

"Jacob. I got a call from your leader. You're no longer needed here. You proved that you are a good person. You can go to heaven or return to earth."

His hand showed me the gates of heaven and it was beautiful. As much as I wanted to, I needed to go back to Earth. I have a band and millions of fans. I have to go back.

"I choose earth." I said.

"Very well then. Don't let me see you return. I will not give you another chance."

I nodded and I now felt like I was dreaming. Again it was pitch black.

"How's Jake? Is he okay?" I hear Andy's voice say.

"The doctors say's it's up to him. He might not make it Andy." It was CC speaking this time.

"Can I ask you two something?" I guess someone else was in the room.

"Sure." It was Jinxx.

"I had a dream or something. I don't know what it was. It was Jake. He said that he passed away but he came back to save me. I hugged him goodbye and that's when I woke up."

Neither one of them said anything. I heard footsteps and I could tell the the click noise that it was Ashley.

"Andy you're awake."

"Yeah."

"How's Jake hanging in there?"

"He's trying." Jinx said.

I tried to open my eyes, but it was hard. I tried kicking my leg but pain shot through me. It was enough for my eyes to shoot open though.

"Jake!" CC yelled rushing over to me.

I looked around the room and it was just the guys.

"Yeah. Hey C."

"I'm so glad you're awake!"

"Why does my leg hurt so much?" I whined out.

"You broke it along with your wrist." Jinxx said.

I looked down at my arm and noticed a cast.

"Guys can you give us a minute?" Andy said.

They all nodded and left the room.

"Jake. I had a dream. That you–"

"I know. It was as real as it gets Andrew. I had a choice. I could come back to earth or I could go to heaven."

"So it is real."

"As real is it gets."

"So you did save me."

I nodded slowly.

"Thank you."

"Sure buddy. We're best friends. You must be special if I picked you over heaven."

"So all of that's real too?"

"Like I said. As real as it get Andrew. As real as it gets..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone. I hope you enjoyed. This inspiration came from my grandfather Jerry King. He deserves a mention in this. The story was his idea and he asked me to finish it. I hope you enjoyed. Thanks!