Autumn Leaves

1/1

Emery took a step outsite, looking around, taking in her surroundings. It was beautiful, Kansas in the Autumn. The grass was still green, though you could barely see it, for it was so covered in leaves. And the leaves, they were gorgeous. Floating through the air in varying shades of red and gold. It was cool; not too hot, not too cold. She needed only a light jacket and she was comfortable. Emery looked down the street, smiling at the neighbor children jumping in a leaf pile. When she was younger, that had been her favorite pastime.
She stepped further out of her house, walking down the sidewalk. Further, to the end of the street. Turn left, continue on. Turn right, continue. Another right, continue. Stop. She finds herself at the park she once loved. Years ago it had been abandoned, now used so rarely it had been all but forgotten. She still loved it, though. When the weather was nice she would go there to let her mind wander. She took a seat on top of a picnic table, looked up at the sky. The sun was just beginning to set and there were only a few clouds. It was a beautiful day, as most were in September. That was why Emery loved Autumn.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this becase I was told to. It sucks.