Status: Completed (being revised)

It Can't Rain All the Time.

Chapter Seven

I looked out a window as I made my way down the hallway. Grass, that was once green, now remained pale and stiffened with ice. A few browned leaves lingered on bare branches around the school grounds as icicles hung from the roof, glittering and sparkling with the chilled air while the milky moon glowed, showing the first snowfall of the season. Smiling, I turned away as I reached the library and saw Malfoy at the front of the entrance, rummaging through a bookcase. Months have passed since we started working together and our relationship grew from enemies to friends. Apologizing to Harry was just the start of it and I saw a side of himself that I thought was impossible, but sure it disappeared when more people were around then when we were alone, he let it out. I continued to stare as he grabbed a book, his nose squinting in concentration before walking over.

“Your brain isn’t in there,” I told him placing my bag on a nearby table and sat down.

“Haha,” he replied grabbing another book and walking over. “I was looking for yours actually since you know, it never developed properly.”

I pouted as he sat next to me, “You’re mean.”

Putting the books down, he looked up with a smirk, “The meanest.”

I glared as Malfoy shook his head in amusement then grabbed a book to take notes. Grinning, I took a notebook out of my bag and smack him upside the head.

“Hey!” he shouted rubbing his head with a frown.

“Serves you right,” I said looking at him. “You should be nice.”

“I’m never nice Blake,” he smirked poking my side.

I squirmed in my sit laughing, “Oh, I know.”

“Are you ticklish?” he asked seeing my squirm and looked at me with a mischievous look.

“No,” I replied quickly and narrowed my eyes.

Malfoy grinned widely then grabbed my sides to tickle me.

“Stop it!” I yelled laughing.

“Tell me I am good looking and you have a major crush on me.”

“No!” I told him as my eyes began to water.

“Then I won’t stop,” he answered while shrugging and continued to squeeze my sides.

“Be quiet!” the librarian interrupted shouting from her desk with a disappointed look.

We both separated quickly and I smacked Malfoy once she turned back to her computer. Laughter escaped his lips as he rubbed his shoulder than looked at me, his eyes glowing with mischief.

I stared, “You should laugh more often. It suits you.”

“Well,” he began smirking, all traces of laughter gone, “You shouldn’t because it makes you look even worse.”

I rolled my eyes and smacked him again. Throughout the next three hours, we continued to bicker with each other and work on our project, but when it was time to leave, Malfoy suggested he would walk me home. I said goodbye once we reached the fat lady and he waved before walking back into the direction we came from. I looked around the common room when I walked in and saw it empty then made my way towards my room. Opening the door, I saw Hermione sound asleep along with our other roommates and stripped of my clothes to put on a long shirt. I climbed into bed quietly and pulled the covers over my body while closing my eyes with the sound Malfoy’s laughter echoing in my ears.
**
I was woken up the next morning by someone shaking me.

“Hey,” Hermione greeted with a smile as I stared at her over my shoulder. “Get dressed. Did you pack yet?”

I jumped out of bed as she laughed and started to throw clothes into my suitcase with a smile, realizing winter break started today and it turned into a grin when I remembered a break from school work too. Once everything was packed, I rushed into the bathroom to get dressed. Hermione and I grabbed our luggage when I finished getting ready and followed the rest of the students towards the train where we met up with Harry and Ron

“Where are you going for winter break Mione?” I questioned as we all walked into an empty compartment.

“Just the Burrow,” she began putting her trunk on the top shelf, “Ron’s mum invited Harry and I to spend Christmas there.”

Ron nodded as he sat down near the window while I finished putting my things away and sat across from him. Harry sat down next me and pulled my body into his side while I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

“That sounds like fun, “ I said looking at Hermione as she sat next to Ron. “Wish I could go.”

“You should,” Harry whispered kissing the top of my head.

“I can’t,” I replied. “The rents want me to come home for Christmas, which sucks because they won’t even be there so it will just be me, my brother and sister.”

“Where are they going?” Hermione asked looking at Ron with disgust as he stuffed his face with a candy bar

I shrugged, “Some cruise.”

The compartment door opened, interrupted our conversation and I saw my brother with Malfoy behind him.

“Hey sis,” Adam said grinning from the doorway, “I have something to tell you.”

“Okay?” I asked looking at him with a confused expression.

“Draco is spending the holiday with us since his parents won’t be home.”

“Oh,” I replied glancing over at a smirking Malfoy.

My brother waved goodbye and closed the compartment door while I looked at Harry.

“I’m sorry,” I started, “I didn’t know.”

He smiled and grabbed my face with his hands, “Don’t worry about it.”

I nodded as he brought my face closer and kissed me. Pulling away with a smile, I talked with my friends for the rest of the ride and we grabbed our stuff once the train stopped to get off.

“I’ll miss you,” Harry told me wrapping his arms around my waist on the crowded platform as Hermione and Ron ran over to the Weasley family.

“I’ll miss you too,” I replied with a sad expression.

He kissed me one last time and waved before following them as I frowned while grabbing my stuff and walking over to my siblings and Malfoy.

“We have to apparate because mum and dad left already,” my brother told me once I reached them.

I nodded while grabbing my sister’s hand since she hasn’t learned yet and disappeared. A second later, I found myself staring at my house as my brother and Malfoy appeared next to me. It was built with a Victorian edge to it and had a deep gray color, which made the pale ivory running along the edges more visible. It had two floors total, which consisted of four bedrooms, two bathrooms, an enormous living, and a big modern kitchen that held so many memories. All the rooms had big windows, some with views of the breathtaking country side. The front door was surrounded by a steady porch and on one side was a swinging chair, which was good for looking at the stars.

“Nice,” Malfoy said with approval.

“It’s alright, “ my brother replied as we walked up the driveway and through the front door.

Lena let go of my hand to run up the stairs and I laughed while following after her. I passed my brother's room as I continued down the hallway and glanced through the door on my left where a room folded out. The walls were a light green, the ceiling white along with doors that lead to a walk in closet. Light filtered into the empty room from a large window that overlooks a garden, which was now covered in white. A bench was built into the wall underneath the window, but was dusty and dirty from not being used in a while. A queen size bed, covered in dark red cotton sheets was located in the middle. Placing my suitcase on the floor, I lay back onto my bed and sighed from the comfortableness of it, but after a couple of moments, I got up and figured it was time to take a shower. Closing the door behind me, I walked down the hallway and into the bathroom then turned on the water before jumping in. Sighing, I let the heat from the water release the tension from my body and enjoyed the relaxation. What seemed like an hour but was really a couple of minutes, I jumped out and wrapped myself in a towel.

“Crap,” I told myself looking around and realized I left my clothes in the room.

I opened the bathroom door and poked my head out to see an empty hallway. Maybe I can make it, my room isn’t that fair. Agreeing with myself, I ran, thinking I could do it then all of a sudden Malfoy come out of my brother’s room, blocking me.

“Uh, Hi,” I said to him feeling my face warm up with embarrassment.

He looked shocked at first but then took in my appearance. His eyes traveled up and down my body before resting on my green ones. I wanted to say something but my mouth refused to open as he started walking towards me like a predator does when they are hunting, only this time I was the prey. He grabbed my waist and pushed me gently into the wall with his body. Feeling my heart pounding, a hand slowly moved up my side, tugging my towel gently and moved across my collarbone, leaving a trail of goose bumps on my arm. Titling my head to the side, he slowly licked away the water drops that were on my neck and I gasped as he bit gently on a spot that met my shoulder, feeling my body come alive with pleasure. Wanting to feel his skin, I lifted his shirt and slowly started to feel his body as he shivered while removing one hand from my side to hold the back of my head as the other want to hold my cheek. His lips left my neck and started to leave small kisses on the corners of my mouth, going back and forth until getting to the center of my lips. Running his fingertips across my mouth, he stared at me as his eyes dilated with lust and not giving me a chance to escape, he brought his head closer grazing our lips.

“Dinner is ready!” Adam shouted up the stairs interrupting us.

Pulling away, Malfoy looked at me then turned and made his way towards the kitchen, leaving me standing in the hallway breathing heavily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was the kissing scene okay? I wasn't sure if I captured it right. Was the chapter okay? I'm not sure if I liked the way it came out. Anyway, I hoped everyone liked it! I have so many ideas running through my head for this story, it's exciting! I already have the ending planned out but don't worry, it won't be here for a while. Again, I would like to thank the subscribers and the people who have commented so far!

Platinum Harmony
adisxsw
Pointedancer101
Maddi;

You guys are awesome and this chapter is dedicated to you! By the way, the next chapter will be in Draco's P.O.V. Just giving everyone a warning so no one is confused!