Status: In Progress

Class A Team

One.

"I'm not allowing my daughter to be an escort, Teresa." Teresa, a Madame, let out a small sigh and looked me over once more. I self-consciously crossed my arms over my chest and stared at my father and step-mother. My step mother gave me a chaste smile before turning back to my father. She always babbled on and on about how I would make the perfect girl and that I would bring in a lot of money.

"But she is so darling," her long, spider-like, fingers brushed my hair out of my face. I looked at her aging face, gravity had started taking over her body. Her frown lines and crows feet had become much more prominent in the last six months. Her once raven hair was graying and thinning out. And her bright sapphire blue eyes had turned to a light, icy-blue. Madame Teresa didn't let any of this get to her, she stood with confidence and poise that would make any woman shudder in her presence. "Daniel, Ivy would be a perfect addition to the girls. I mean you can't deny her beauty; she would make us so much money."

I watched them stare at each other intensely, flicking my green eyes flicking between the two of them. "I'm not becoming an escort," the minute the words left my soft pink lips, Madame Teresa let out a sigh and leaned back in her chair. "I'm going for a walk." I stood and left the kitchen table and slid my feet into a pair of Nike Free Runs before grabbing a light yellow cardigan and heading through the front door.

The chilly October air nipped at my bare legs as I walked towards a small coffee shop I went to in order to get away from the people I call my family. I wanted to get away and start over, too many people knew me in this small upstate New York town. I had no real friends in this town, only the mounds of money my parents handed me once a week. Once I arrived at the coffee shop I walked up to the counter and ordered a plain, non-fat, latte. I paid with a twenty dollar bill and told the barista to keep the change, like I did every time I came in.

I heard the old fashioned bell ring above the door signaling that someone had entered. I had seen this man before, I could never forget a jawline like that. I also could never forget the way his gray-blue eyes stared at me through my partially open bedroom door while I changed my shirt. I couldn't forget the look on his face when I caught him and I slammed the door in his face. I let myself stare at him for a second, watching the confidence that radiated from him. He dressed extremely well for a twenty-something-year-old. I finally looked away from the man and took a sip of my latte and pulled my legs up underneath me.

I heard the cushion let air out notifying that someone had sat down next to me. I flicked my eyes to the left and noticed the man I was previously staring at had taken a seat next to me. I rolled my eyes 'just because you've seen me with my shirt doesn't mean that we're going to talk'. "I'm Chase," his named rolled of his tongue effortlessly and I could tell by the sound of his voice that he did this often.

"And I'm leaving," I stood up, latte in hand and headed for the door. Once I was in front of the window, I inconspicuously glanced at him through the window. He didn't try to follow me nor did he try to stop me from leaving. He just watched me leave, probably contemplating his next move.

I hugged my cardigan closer to my body and walked a little faster to get out of crisp air. I heard a car roll up next to me, curiously I glanced at the car, a brand new black Maserati pulled up next to me. "Leaving," I couldn't help but chuckle, but I continued walking. "It's supposed to snow, at least let me give you a ride home."

I stopped and turned towards his car, "Just because you saw me with my shirt off doesn't mean that you're going to give me a ride home or that we're friends or anything at all. Chase.” I emphasized his name with a roll of my eyes before continuing on my journey back to my house to pack for the city so I could return to St. Mary’s all girls prep school.

“I promise I won’t try anything—“

“Well that definitely gives me a sense of security,” I cut him off, the sarcasm blatant in my voice. “Especially since you’re a St. Augustine’s boy, a lacrosse boy may I add.”

“Are you biased against lacrosse players of St. Augustine’s?” The smirk on his face would make any girl’s panties drop but I knew better than to fall for his games.

“More like, all the guys of St. Augustine’s,” I replied. “Anyways, it’s cold and I would love to get home. Hopefully I won’t see you around the dorm.” I finished my latte and tossed into a nearby trashcan before ignoring Chase and finishing my walk home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brand new story.
It's an original fiction.
Hope everyone likes it.