Falling Through Stars and Pain

Sing A Little Song

Fighting back a chortle of laughter, I threw a pebble against his window. “Psssst! Tristan! Wake up, Pookie!” Nearly falling over, I stumbled into the side of the house.

A light came on in the upstairs window, the blinds rose as did the pane. Tristan’s tousled head peered out into the darkness, searching for my face. His naked chest and softly defined muscles rippled as he stretched sleepily. “ ’Ponine! Quiet! You’ll wake my parents. What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

“Dude…. I am soooo hammered! Hey! C’mere, play with me! Oooh, I wrote you a song!” My head pounded as I lost balance and fell into a bush.

“Shit! Eponine, you ok?! Hold on a minute!”

Tristan ran down the stairs and out the front door. He bent over me as I lay there in the bush, tears silently streaming down my face. Gasping he pulled me up, but I couldn’t stand on my own. My weight shifted completely on him as I went limp. I felt Tristan’s hands grasp the back of my knees and the other on my back as he lifted me off of the ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me into the house, up the stairs and carefully sat down on his bed, pulling me into his lap.

Sobbing, I told his about what had happened. I had found out that my boyfriend had been seeing someone behind my back. Not just anyone… his ex. I could feel his warm blood pulsing through his veins grow hotter with ire when he heard this.

His cell phone rang. I buried myself deeper in his arms as he picked it up. A short but heated conversation took place. I tried to stifle my sobs so I could hear, but to no avail. I trembled silently as he put his phone away. Pulling me tighter, he kissed me on the forehead, cheek and nose and whispered a song into my hair.

“As you sit in silence, wondering why,
I’ll be your shoulder to cry on ‘til your tears run dry.
When you’ve been hurt and can’t believe what they’ve done,
If you need someone to talk to, I’ll always be the one.
If a close friend hurts you and you don’t understand,
Remember, I’m here. I’ll lend a helping hand.
Burdens are lighter when carried by two,
My love, I want you to know….
I’m always here for you.”

Something at that moment plunged deep into my soul. A feeling of calm, peace, safety and dare I say it? LOVE.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'm sorry it took so long to update. My life has been complete and total hell lately. Don't worry, I'm going to post more, it's just been insane lately. Bear with me.