Paradise

Chapter 1

Snow. Of course it was snowing. It's seems that all it every did anymore was snow. As a child, snow is just about the greatest thing you will ever experience in your young life, but as you get older and you spend almost everyday shoveling snow out of your driveway. Not so magical then.

Thankfully I'm moving in just two short days. My mom's work recently relocated to the beautiful city of Los Angeles, California.

Yes, I was sad to leave the town I grew up in. But, I can't say that there's much stopping me. The only thing that would make me reconsider this move was my best friend, Bridgette. We've known eachother since the 3rd grade, so of course I was sad to leave her behind. But it's not like we'd never speak again. We both have iPhones so we'll iMessage or FaceTime whenever we're both available.

I was packing my belongings when I was quickly startled by the sudden vibration of my phone on my dresser.
"Yes?" I asked picking up my phone, already knowing who was on the other end.
"You've been packing for a week straight, and I have two days left to spend with you," she paused to catch her breath "I'm walking up your driveway, meet me at the door." Bridgette hung up before I could even interject, so I did as I was pretty much demanded and walked to my front door.
Bridgette didn't even say hello to me before she started talking, "Tell me again why you're not telling anyone about the move?" I sighed, "For the millionth time, I just don't want people to know and--"
"Wrong," Bridgette interrupted, "You don't want Robbie to know."
Ah, Robbie, the boy who broke my heart into two. Robbie was my ex-boyfriend, we dated since beginning of my freshman year and broke up half way through sophomore year due to extremities in the asshole department. He dumped me mid-homecoming king speech in front of half the school because he felt as if "we're just going in two separate directions" Oh give me a break. He just wanted to take the homecoming queen rather than me. But whatever, that was three months ago, I'm over it.

"That is not true at all!" I said just barely raising my voice. "I just don't like the attention that comes with leaving. Everyone pretending to be your friend and wishing you the best of luck on your endeavors, it's bullshit."
"Whatever you say." said Bridgette in a sing-song tone while folding my shirts and stacking them in a pile. I chuckled. She quickly spit out "I'm just going to miss you so much.."
"And I'm going to miss you too! This move isn't exactly easy for me."
She scoffed, "Yeah right! You're moving to freaking LA, while I'm stuck here in Maryland! Knowing your luck, you'll probably move in next to someone famous." she paused for a second, "oh my gosh, what if your neighbor was Cody Simpson?!"
"Here we go again.." I mumbled under my breathe. Bridgette loved Cody Simpson, she was convinced they were meant to be. She had posters of him lining her wall from top to bottom. It was a bit creepy if you asked me.
"Bridgette," I said trying to get her to chill out, "I'm probably not even going to meet famous people, let alone live next to one."
"All I'm saying is that it would be awesome if you lived next to someone famous. Preferably like my future husband, Cod--" she stopped suddenly while looking at the clock on my wall, "Crap! I have to be home in four minutes.. Bye Rach! See you tomorrow!" She yelled running down the stairs.
"Bye Bridge!" I yelled back at her hearing the door slam shut not even a second after finishing my sentence.
"Time to finishing packing.." I said thinking out loud. And that's what I did, I spent the rest of my night packing my belongings listening to the Cody Simpson CD Bridgette left at my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! First chapter of my Cody Simpson fanfic! Hope you guys like it!