Wednesday in Paris

prologue

The nerd, the snob, the jock, and the writer all sit in a cafe called Paris on Wednesday afternoon. One scoffed at how caffeine-addicted all these people were. Another kept to himself, typing away on his laptop. Another wrote notes about the photographs of the Eiffel Tower for her World Studies class. A fourth laughed with his friends, attracting menacing glares from strangers.

Outside, the New York streets were dark from all the rain they'd been having that day. Thunder roared across the horizon, frightening children on the inside on the building. Every time lightning illuminated the sky, it made the children fear going outside even more.

The writer sat at a table by herself. She had written so much about the Eiffel Tower for her world studies course, her hand started cramping. She had finally had enough, and she put the pen down. She knew she wrote enough to pass her last college course to graduate. She shut her retro leather notebook and took a sip of her tea.

The nerd sat in the corner of the cafe. He typed away on his laptop more and more information for his biology paper. He was going to be a marine biologist, and with his grades, he was exactly where he needed to be to become one. He downed another coffee quickly and went back to typing. He hadn't slept in three days. Nothing was going to stop him from finishing his ten pages.

The snob rolled her mascara-filled eyes. Everyone that worked her was so slow, and never got her order right. She wondered what made her come back here every single day. She looked at the people around her. Everyone was so caffeine-addicted and square. They all dressed in business attire, so she knew they were all probably 9 to 5 workers with sucky jobs.

The jock sat with his six friends at a full table. Half of them discussed politics and American football, and the other half discussed the wedding they would all attend tomorrow. One of them was getting married, and the jock was the best man. Secretly, they were all excited, but none of them would ever admit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I rewrote the this because the original sucked.