Wednesday in Paris

The Snob

"It's the first kiss it's flawless, really something...it's fearless..."
"Hello?"

"HARPER!" I screamed. That idiot of a waiter fucking spilled red wine on my white dress. I have a huge stain. It looks like I got my period all over it.

"What!?" Harper yelled.

"MY DRESS!"

"What's wrong with it?"

"BRING ME A DIFFERENT ONE!"

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

I hung up the phone. I wanted to throw it across the room at that dipshit waiter. I was having a ton of emotions. I was pissed off, angry, furious, and mortified.

I waited in the bathroom until Harper came. She arrived right on time. In her hands was my favorite dress. It was short-sleeved with purple silk. It was a Peter Pan collar. I only wore it on special occasions.

"You are a lifesaver," I said.


I thought about how Harper saved me through the car ride home. I really owe her one.

Tanner drove me back home after our date was over. Surprisingly, I actually do kind of like him. We both got out of the car and he walked me to the doorway. Adelaide opened the door just to tell me The Little Mermaid was on.

After she left, it was just Tanner and I once again. I tried to make small talk. Like what a nice night it was, or how he was just about to graduate. But I couldn't find the right words.

All of a sudden, he leaned down and kissed me. It was perfect, flawless, fantastic. When he pulled away, his cheeks were burning red. I smiled.

He said goodbye and scuffled away back to his car. I opened the door to my apartment building and went inside. The door to my home was unlocked, so I went in.

Taylor and Adelaide were making out on the couch. Harper looked uncomfortable sitting next to them, awkwardly scrolling through her phone. Pitch Perfect was playing on the television.

"Good movie?" I asked.

Harper slowly nodded her head. Taylor and Adelaide didn't notice that I came in. I rolled my eyes at them.

"Can't you two see a poor girl with no boyfriend sitting next to you?" I asked.

Nothing.

Harper shook her head and got up. She went into her room and closed the door behind her. I put my purse on the kitchen table and took off my jacket.

"I don't want to hear you guys having sex," I said.

Nothing.

I was actually starting to get mad. Neither one of them was listening to me. I rolled my eyes once again and went into my room. I closed the door and changed into my pajamas. I thought about what happened with Tanner until I fell asleep. Tonight was a good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
You look like bad news. I gotta have you.