Wednesday in Paris

The Snob

"But I'm so sorry..."
I lied. My mother isn't sick. I just really wasn't ready to meet his family. I feel terrible.

"Don't worry, Lex," Harper tried to comfort me, "If you weren't ready, then you weren't ready."

"Yeah, but I lied," I said.

I felt awfully guilty for lying, but relieved that I wouldn't have to meet his family just yet.

"Then just tell him you weren't ready. Tanner is cool, he'll understand," Harper continued.

"Easy for you to say. You and Michael aren't serious like Tanner and I am."

She looked kind of offended at that accusation for a minute. She just shrugged her shoulders and hugged me.

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright."

I thought for a minute. "You're right. Besides, his family is probably ugly."

Harper raised her eyebrow. "Well I'm not sure if that's the way to think, Alexis."

I shrugged my shoulders and turned my attention to the television. Mean Girls was playing. I don't really like this movie, so I changed it to Say Yes to the Dress. Harper shook her head and went to her room. A few minutes later, she came out with her phone in hand and a tote bag in the other.

"I'm going to my parents for the weekend. So I'll see you Monday," she said quickly and left.

Whatever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short because I'm trying to do two more before I got to bed.