‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Destroys (on hold)

Chapter One: Carry On

"Scarlet." I breathed out slowly. I couldn't comprehend the scene that was in front of me. His ashes or dust or whatever was gone with the wind. She stood facing me, the gun steady in her arms. "Why?" I cried out.

"It's time for you to stop being a sniveling bitch and take action." Scarlet demanded of me. Her expression was filled with spite and disgust. The tears started to flow like an uncontrollable stream from my eyes. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at me.

"You killed Leon! What did he do to you? He didn't deserve this!" I cried out. I was becoming a nervous wreck. I was looking past my tears at the redheaded bitch in front of me.

"Are we seriously going to just sit here? Aren't you too old to be crying?" She asked me. I glared at her and she smiled at me. She lifted her hands in the air, as if she was innocent. She was taunting me.

I hopped up, my hand out reached, trying to get the gun. She sidestepped me and started to giggle. I turned and tried again, again ending in another failure. I turned and ran at her again. Her knee extended forward and caught me in my stomach, knocking all the air out of me. I doubled over in pain, clutching my stomach. I tried to catch my breath, trying to get pass all the pain that scorched throughout my body. Red hair fell into my blurred vision as Scarlet kneeled down in front of me.

"Did you seriously think it would work the third time if it didn't the first two?" She asked me. She was smiling at me while she brushed the hair out of my face. I never thought I could hate a smile so much. How did I not see this coming? Where were the signs? Was everything so far just an act? Exactly who wad Scarlet?

"Have you always been heartless?" I asked her.

"Hmmmmmm." She rolled her eyes up as if she was thinking. "Yea, I believe so."

She looked away from me, as if she was preoccupied with something else. Her eyes darted from me to an area behind me. Her eyes quickly kept glancing from me to whatever was there. I rolled over and glanced at the direction she was glancing in.

There was fog forming out of thin air. The moon light was creating an eerie vibe to the scene. I looked up and saw the big white orb in the sky. It seemed like it got larger within the time it took this sequence of events to occur. But that wasn't the part that made my skin crawl. It was what was in the fog.

Two figures were starting to appear out of the fog. Both seemed to be feminine with long hair. Their strides were slow but powerful. Each step they took brought them closer to us.

Even from where I was I could tell who one of the girls were. The pale white fiery Angel. Her long white hair seemed to be the equivalent of the purest snow when it came to the color of it. Her skin was almost the same color as her hair. She looked different somehow. Maybe it could've been the fact that her eyes were glowing like blue fire. She was walking next to an older woman I've never met.

"Luna." I called out.

"Vincent shut the fuck up." Scarlet ordered me. I wasn't going to listen to her. I opened my mouth to say something but her hand came over my mouth. "Don't say a word." Scarlet hissed.

The two girls were walking up to us. On closer look I realized the woman was really beautiful. She had jet black hair that shined different shades in the moon light. She was wearing a long silk black gown that covered her feet and dragged behind her.

"Hello Scarlet." Luna said softly. Her voice was soft and dangerous at the same time. Even though she was smiling at us, I could tell that she was seething. Her face was still gravel and angelic though.

"Hey Luna, how's your night going?" Scarlet asked with a smile. Her hand was currently wrapped around my forearm. Her nails were digging into my skin, keeping me from opening my mouth.

"Well it was good." Luna started saying, her eyes came to rest on me. "Then I realized that Leon was gone." She said with a nice modest smile.

"Maybe he's out with one of the others." Scarlet suggested.

"Hmmm, what do you think Vincent?" Luna asked me. I looked from Scarlet to Luna to the dark haired woman. My eyes finally landed back on Luna.

"I agree. Maybe he's with Judas." I said softly. The answer seemed to satisfy all of the girls I think. That was until I looked at the woman in black. Her dark eyes were on me, studying me. She had a lot of questions on her face.

"I think you're lying to me. I think you two-"

"Hold your tongue Luna." The woman cut her off. It was the first time she spoke a word. It was calming, peaceful, musical at most. "If they said they don't know, than they don't know."

"I'm sorry we couldn't help." I admitted.

"It's no problem." She responded. She gave me this warm, motherly smile. Looking at her was peaceful, the complete opposite of the rage that Luna wore on her face. She instantly had an effect on me. It was calming and I felt so relaxed around her .

"But-"

"Let's go." The lady cut Luna off.

Luna looked reluctant but gave into the woman's demands. She turned on get heels and walked in the direction they came from. With one last gentle smile the woman followed Luna back into the fog. As soon as they were out of sight, Scarlet hopped into action.

"Get up now." She spat. She started pulling at my arm, trying to get me to get up.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked her.

"We just need to go now." She tugged me off the ground. I was lost and confused about the current panic she held in her voice. I turned back around to get one final glimpse. The fog was clear and I could see the park and the woods. So many memories were here. All of them mostly had Leon in them.

"Why are you panicking." I yelled at her. I was still angry and nowhere near trusting of her. I snatched my arm away and looked at her. "Why would I go with a twisted bitch like you?" I cried out. Her hand flew across my face, surprising me.

"Sip sniveling like an emotional brat. He's dead. O well, get over it." She demanded of me. I stared at her like she was bat shit crazy.

"You killed my fucking boyfriend!" I retorted.

"Umm, I'm sorry but who's the guy that took forever just too date him? Last time I checked you acted like you were scared of them." She said with a cynical smile.

"At least I didn't pretend to be their friend." I yelled back at her.

"I just did what I had to do." She growled at me. I looked at her in disbelief.

"Who are you?" I questioned her.

"Just a hunter." She answered flatly.

I heard clapping come from somewhere I'm front of us. Our attention turned to the sound of the hand clapping. Out of nowhere the woman in black came before us. Scarlet tensed up like she did before in her presence.

"Vincent run." Scarlet whispered to me. I looked at her and realized she was dead serious. I turned around and was met face to face with her.

"Vincent. To conquer." She said sweetly. Her hand reached out and cupped the side of my face. "Well you don't look like a conqueror at all sweetheart." She said. With that smile on her face I wasn't sure if she was insulting me or giving me advice.

"Don't you dare touch him." Scarlet said. Her voice was full of malice. The woman cocked her head sideways, a smile coming on her face. I heard a slithering sound which caused me to look down at the ground. All eyes were on the huge black boa that was slithering its way towards Scarlet. Scarlet pointed her gun at it and started shooting until the clip was empty. The snake momentarily paused but when the gun fire ceased it resumed it's mission. Scarlet was frozen in fear as the snake started to coil around her body. I watched in horror as the snake started to squeeze the air out of my sister. As much as I hated it I couldn't let it happen.

"Stop this!" I cried out. As soon as I uttered those words the snake dissolved into thin air.

"Little girl I have the power to make all of your deepest darkest fears come true. But I don't want future events to be one-sided. So I'll give you a year." She told us.

"A year?" I questioned. She nodded at me before walking off.

"Be careful Vincent. I'd hate for something to happen to the guy my son loved." She warned me before vanishing completely.

"Was that a threat?" I asked Scarlet.

"More like a declaration." She answered. I turned back around to see that she was walking back to the car. I ran forward to catch up with her.

"Declaration to what?" I asked as I finally caught up.

"To war." She said as she opened the car door and get in. I got in the back to at least have a little distance between us. Even though I absolutely despised my sister at the moment, I've come to the realization of two things. One she knows more stuff than she led me to believe. Two is that I've currently been thrown in the middle of something and I was going to use her as much as possible.

Scarlet turned over the engine. The engine revved a few times before she backed up and pulled off.

"Where are we going?" I asked. As a response she turned on the radio and one of my favorite FUN. songs were on.

"And it's nice to know, when I was left for dead. I was found and now I don't roam these streets, I am not the ghost you are to me. If you're lost and alone, Or you're sinking like a stone. Carry on. May your past be the sound, Of your feet upon the ground. Carry on. Whoa!-" Nathan was about to sing the next verse before Scarlet changed the station.

"Gosh I hate that song." She sighed.

"Why? It seems to fit my situation perfectly right now." I said more to myself than to her.

"What was that?" She asked looking at me through the mirror.

"You're a psycho bitch." I said loudly. She glared at me and I smiled. It was the start to the craziest year ever.