‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Destroys (on hold)

Chapter Two: Carry On My Wayward Son

The organization is what they went by. Nothing more. Nothing less. It was a mixture of a school and a training facility. They taught kids of all ages, most younger than me. It was like they were growing them up to be warriors. But than again I guess they were. Apparently they battled the creatures that go bump in the night. It's not like I never heard that line before. But I've only met seven vampires. What else could there be out there? Are they all scary?

Now here I am, lying on this brick of a bed. Seriously, it's like no-one has ever entered this room. The room's color was this off white, which meant this room maintained little maintenance. The bed spread was thrown across the floor. I can't really complain because I did that. The covers had this weird mildew smell to them. Plus the supposedly white blankets were this dingy yellow. Dusty covered the wooden floors, and the writing desk. I was lying on the hard bed, staring at the ceiling. There was a knock on my door and the wicked bitch of the west walked in.

"So are you ready to talk?" She asked me.

"Are you ready to take me home?" I asked without looking at her.

"I told you yesterday, I can't do that. Are you just going to sit around here and mope around all the time?" She asked me.

"Am I suppose to do anything else?" I asked her. She scoffed at me before walking closer. She sat on the edge of my bed, which made me turn over to my side.

"You should stop acting like a little girl and listen." She commanded me . I turned around quickly, my face was centimeters from hers. My breathing was hard, my fists were clenched, and my nostrils were flared.

"Listen here you psychotic witch. It's taking every ounce of energy that I have in my body not to snap your neck right now. No wait that would be too quick. I want to wrap my hands around your throat and squeeze. I want you to know that your life is in my hand. To feel the air leave your body. To watch the light leave your eyes. I want you to feel what I feel. Loneliness, void, DEAD." I put emphasis on the final word.

Scarlet looked surprised at my words. Her eyes were huge, her mouth was wide open. Finally she closed her mouth and blinked, letting my words simmer in her mind. Then her mouth twisted up in a sadistic smile. Her hand came up and grazed my cheek. I instantly recoiled from her, my back becoming pinned against the wall.

"I never thought I'd be so proud of you." She whispered in this affectionate tone. Anger erupted through me. My hand swept back and came towards her face, cutting the wind as it went. Her hand grabbed my wrist just before mines made contact with her skin. She smiled even harder and twisted my wrist, causing a cry of pain to emit from my mouth.

"Lemme go." I hissed.

"So much anger. That's exactly what we need." She teased. "When I say his name does it get you all riled up? When I mention shooting Leon in the skull, in your hands, do you want to kill? Does the thought that you couldn't protect him eat you up inside?"

"I'm going to kill you." I growled.

"That's the spirit." She said. She released me from her grip, rising up slowly. Her shadow grew larger and larger, engulfing me in its wake. "At the level you're currently at brother, you'd be dead before you could even hit me."

"Than why not kill me now?" I asked. Frustration was consuming me because I knew she was right.

"That's always an option. But the higher ups said that we need more members. Ones with the special bloodline." She told me. With that cliffhanger she exited my room, leaving me full of questions. I opened the door to find the hallway empty.

"Now she's a freaking ninja." I sighed, giving up my little rebellion. I needed answers and I'm sure only she could give them to me.

I closed the door and started to walk down the long and deserted hallway. There were does lined up on each side of the long hallway. The walls were covered in this green wallpaper that had horizontal stripes, switching from light to dark green. In the dim light it made this hallway appear never-ending. Like that hallway in the film The Shining.

Each step I took made an echo through the hall. That was the only sound that reached my ears. Finally I came to a crossroads where two hallways met. I looked straight, then from the left to the right. I turned back to facing forward and froze in place. A pair of red eyes were glaring at me.

Fear crept throughout my body as I slowly started to backup. I heard a door creak open and turned around and screamed. I was face to face with this beautiful guy. His blue eyes were gazing straight into mines.

"Do you see those red eyes?" I asked pointing down the hall. I was pointing down the hall in the direction where I seen those eyes. I looked in that direction and frowned. There was nothing there. I looked back at the blue eyed guy.

"I swear those were, there was..." I stammered off. Never mind." I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay than." He said with a smile, his plump pink lips curling up to show perfectly white teeth. He pushed past me and kept walking down the hall where I saw those eyes.

"Wait!" I called out. I took off after him, my breath shortening from his speed. In a short amount of time he covered half of the hallway. I caught up with him and kept close by his side.

"What do you want kid?" He asked. I was surprised because I expected his voice to be deep but it wasn't. It was fair, just a bit higher than mines but still manly.

"I was hoping if you could help me fine this girl." I explained.

"Gotta be more specific than that." He told me. We made a left at the end of the corridor. He kept walking in silence so I decided to speak.

"Um she's a bit shorter than us," I said us because we were same height, "And she has this deep red hair. She has these gray eyes, tan skin, bitchy attitude."

"Scarlet?" He asked me.

"Yes her!" I decided to turn around and face him. He stopped and frowned at my road block attempt.

"So have you seen her?" I asked.

"She's out of your league kid. Not that she'd even recognize a weakling like you." He told me with this arrogant smirk.

"I'm not a weakling." I told him. I crossed my arms, furrowed my brow, and stood firmly in place. His chuckle filled the air as he put his left arm out. His hand touched my left shoulder. With barely any effort on his behalf he shoved me out of his way. I hit the wall with a loud thud. A whine escaped from my mouth as I touched my shoulder and pain shot through me.

"Exactly what I meant. You're a weakling." He said. He started to laugh again and resumed his walking.

"You don't have to be rude." I groaned.

"It's life in the organization my friend. Kill or be killed." He sent one more sly smile in my direction before continuing down the hall. I got up to follow, holding my right shoulder so I could ease the pain. I made a mental note to stay out of that jerks way.

"Get up, you're going to be late!" I heard him yell from down the hall. I shuffled my feet, hurting to catch up with the blonde guy. I was slowly cursing myself for not listening to my mental notes. We kept walking at a steady pace. Wherever I was, it was huge. I shall dub this place Hogwarts. I smiled at my inner thoughts and earned a weird look from the guy.

"What?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes at me and kept leading the way. We eventually came into this room. There were many people lined up in rows with this huge walkway through the center. It all led up to Scarlet who was standing in the center. Her gaze met mines with this aura of amusement. I scowled at her. She cocked her head in the direction of an empty spot. I walked over to the spot and the blonde guy stood right beside me. A smile curled up on Scarlet's face when all attention was focused on her.

"Well I have gathered you all here today to tell you very important news." She started as she paced up and down the room. She had to practically yell at us because the room was so large. "Remember how I told you last week I killed one of the seven? Well I wasn't to introduce you all to the one that made it possible. The guy that made one of them lower their guard long enough for me to shoot him. That boy is my younger brother Vincent." She said morning to me. All eyes went directly to me, including the blonde guy. A blush quickly came to my face, though it was out if anger and not embarrassment. That hag just pretty much made it seem like it was my fault.

"Fuck you!" I mouthed to her. She smiled even bigger.

"Vincent please step up and introduce yourself to everyone. Tell them how you helped me out." She told me. This guy pushed me forward so I had no choice but to face everyone.

"I didn't exactly help you. I was in love." I told them all. Laughter started to ripple through the crowd. "I'm serious." I growled.

"Exactly which one was it?" The blonde guy asked. I looked at him. A shadow of a smile was plastered on my face.

"Leon." I told him. The laughter and murmuring instantly came to a halt at the mention of his hand. I was lost, trying to figure out what was so bad about his name. "What's wrong?" I asked them all. All of their eyes went straight to Scarlet.

"Out of all of them you chose to kill him? One of the major three? One of her favorites?" The blonde guy questioned. There were murmur of agreements all throughout the crowd.

"Why not?" Scarlet asked with a giggle.

"She'll kill us." A girl perked up.

"She?" I questioned.

"Leila." The blonde guy told me. "The mother of those seven. The mother of all vampires. The goddess of the night." He said this all gravely.

"I heard the goddess doesn't exist." Someone else spoke.

"What does she look like?" I asked. I was trying to remember the fairy tale that my parents used to tell us as a kid. Then realization hit me in the face like a rock. "The woman in black." I said out loud. I gazed at Scarlet who was frozen in terror but she quickly shook it off.

"You've seen her?" The blonde asked.

"Would you shut up Matthews?!" Scarlet hissed. She was face to face with him now.

"Or what, you reckless bitch?!" You've endangered us all!" He growled.

"Guys I'm not sure fighting would solve anything." This brown haired guy with weird thick black eyebrows said. He was six people to the left of Scarlet and Matthew. He stepped forward and faced me. "Did she say anything to you?" His eyes squinted at me, making me feel trapped.

"She declared war!" Scarlet shouted.

"You only assume that it's war." I shot back at her. "She basically said that I have a year to prepare. She only threatened me, not any of you." I told the crowd.

"So we're safe as long as you're not around?" This girl said in a smart tone.

I was beginning to open my mouth when a voice I knew all to well spoke up. "Oh, it doesn't matter if Vincent's with you or not. You're all going to die."

The crowd got quiet as the red eyed boy walked down the aisle. He was different. Like his whole physical appearance changed from the last time I saw him. He had a bit of a tan, he was taller and seemed a tad more muscular. All in all he was more sexy which was more dangerous. All eyes were on him whether it was shock, fear, or lust that filled those eyes I'm not sure.

"Judas." I whispered. I blinked and he was right in front of me. I could feel the tension spark throughout the crowd at his presence.

"Hello Vincent." He said showing his pearly whites and his ridiculously long fangs.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I was trying to sound brave but I honestly wanted to piss myself under his gaze.

"I came to remind you about a little deal we made. A little deal that I'm going to keep." He informed me.

"Back the fuck up." Scarlet came charging at him. He smirked and turned to face her.

"KNOW YOUR PLACE!" He barked at her. The room seemed to tremble from the power that was in his voice. "I am not Luna. I have way less control of my bloodthirst."

"This concerns us." I told her. "This is about your love for Leon?" I asked him.

"Wait you love your brother?" The girl from earlier said. Judas turned and bore his red eyes right through her.

"You're so naive. All of you. You think you know about us. You think we're related? Only two of us were connected by blood. Now none of us thanks to the lovely Scarlet."

"But you're all her children. You share parts of her soul." The girl retorted.

"Her soul? What soul? Leila doesn't have any soul. We're all seven of her only emotions. Now six though. But she void and empty of any feelings. She can fake them well. But she's pure darkness." He said with a devious smile.

"So what does that mean?" Matthew asked what we were all thinking.

"That means she has no problem killing little kids like you. The problem is that it'll bore her how weak you are." Judas chuckled. There was a loud bang as a gun went off. I heard the bullet whiz past me and saw it hit Judas in the head. His body went rigid as he fell back to the ground. I stared in horror as the air around him began to shift and morph. On the ground lying dead was the girl that constantly spoke out. Her lifeless brown eyes were staring at the ceiling. Her auburn hair was a scattered mess and was starting to soak up the blood that emitted from her little tan head. My eyes darted from the girl who was lying on the floor, who looked no older than twelve, to her doppelganger standing in rank. There was a howl of pain that came from the boy who pulled the trigger. Needless to say he looked like the girl. I saw that the weird eyebrow guy was also shaking.

"Well that's unfortunate. You killed me." The doppelganger said in a whimsical voice. "But I must admit that must suck killing your baby sister in front of your older brother. The family issues here. Tsk. You guys need help." She chuckled. The air around her started to shift and Judas appeared in the spot. He laughed and walked over to me. "Your emotions are easily manipulated. Especially when everyone in the room hates me. So much wrath, it's delicious. You humans call us animals? Monsters? At least we don't deceive ourselves and pretend to be something we're not." He let the words sink into us all.

The younger of the brothers growled. He pointed his gun at Judas. Judas looked at the boy and held up a finger.

"Are you seriously going to risk losing another family member? I could be him," he said pointing to the eyebrow guy. "Or not. Only Judas knows." His smile grew at the boy's hesitation. "Au Revoir little mortals." With that Judas himself started to shift, before he disappeared in the air around him. I stared at the spot confused by what just happened.

There was an outburst of 'I'm leaving' coming from people mouths. The boy pushed past me to cradle his younger sister. His older brother came over to support him, both were weeping silently. People were pushing past each other in an attempt to get out. Panic fluttered through me at the chaos.

"Wait I don't think that's smart." I said calmly. The people were still fighting each other to get free so I had to raise my voice. "WAIT!!" I yelled. Everyone froze at the sound of my voice. "You can't leave. If you do you'd be alone. You heard what Judas said. He'll kill anyone. You'd be vulnerable." I warned them. They kept freaking out and shoving each other. A couple of people rammed into me, pushing me down on the floor. My head banned against the floor and my vision slowly started to face into darkness.

I was in my living room with Leon. We were staring at the tv. He had this game guitar strapped around his neck and he looked like a rock god. I had mines strapped around my neck and I didn't look nearly as good.

"Which song?" I asked him. We were playing Guitar Hero Two. No matter how old this game is I loved it.

"Wayward Son." He told me happily. He was cheerful like a little boy.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked him. He looked over to me and had this cheeky grin. He started to jump up and down when I clicked the song.

"Yes, my favorite song." He said cheerfully. I watched as he got ready to play the song. He was hyped up as the game started.

"Ready?" I asked him. He looked at me and smiled even wider.

"Carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more." He started to pay on expert with ease. He really was getting into this game, hitting every note without fail. "Once I rose above the noise and confusion. Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion. I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high. Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man-" he kept singing the song. His lovely voice was making music to my ears, completely mesmerizing me.

"You're so beautiful." I said by mistake. He paused the game and turned towards me.

"That was so random." He said with a smile.

"And you singing wasn't? Don't get more wrong, your voice is amazing." I told him. I could feel my cheeks blushing from the compliment I'd given him.

"Does my voice make you want me?" He asked, taking the guitar off and walking over, closer to me. I gulped really loud and stared at him. "Do you lust after me so much that it makes your insides burn?" He asked.

"Yes." I murmured. His smile at my response made my knees start to buckle.

"Good than wake up!" He said.

"Huh?" I was completely lost.

"You need to wake up Vincent." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Wake up!" He yelled louder. There was a stinging sensation on my cheek and I woke up to blonde hair and blue eyes.

"About time." Matthew said to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Hi so I'm starting this off by apologizing for the long wait. I was honestly in a rut and not sure how to write this chapter. better yet what to even write next. I got most of this when I was sitting in my room so yes to boredom and helping me think! I hope you enjoy!!**