Dark Blue

Chivarly Never Died

"Tell her I'll be home in a day or so, Caroline," I half giggled as I talked to one of my best friends while heading out to my car.

"You know my mom, she worries," Caroline sighed on the other line. "Besides she hasn't heard much from you in two month."

"Because I'm twenty now," I reminded her. "I can handle myself. I have since I was ten."

"Now that's not fair, the Lockwoods-" She started.

"Kicked me out when I was fourteen, need I remind you," I rolled my eyes as I found my car in the parking garage.

"Okay, true," She started. "But-"

"But I need to get to rehearsal for this show tonight," I got in my car. "Then Elijah's taking me out tonight."

"Aw, Elijah," Caroline got all girlie on the phone. "I so need to meet this mystery guy."

"No you don't," I smirked into the phone. "Tell Elena, Bonnie, Stefan, and Damon I said hi."

"Ew, Damon," Caroline whined.

"Just because he doesn't fuck you anymore doesn't mean I can't be friends with him," I added. "And no, he's not dangerous. He's just well, Damon."

"A vampire," She added.

"And your point is?" I rolled my eyes again. "Just tell him that I said hi."

"Why don't you just call him yourself?" She whined into the phone.

"Because I'm about to drive and technically you can't drive and talk on the phone," I opened my car to get in and turned on the car.

"Fine, I will," She let out huge sigh as I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being so whiney," I looked at myself in the rearview mirror. "I promise when I get back we'll have to do something fun."

"You better and be safe tonight, Melinda," She laughed into the phone.

After finishing my phone call with her, I put my phone in my purse then went to pull out of the parking garage. Granted, I wasnt going very far and could've walked but I had t stock up this apartment for my last remaining amount of time here. That and I was so not walking with eleven other pairs of dance shoes back to my apartment.

Besides the city streets energized me more than being back home in Mystic Falls. Every year I made a point of getting out of town, so when I got this call to work a few dance numbers for some events thrown over the summer, I gladly took the oppurtunity. To be honest, people in the town were just starting to annoy me. Trying to run out vampires when they could co-exist with the rest of us. Not that I was one, but I've met a few being in different towns and of course now being close friends with Damon and Stefan.

I made my way back to my apartment after about an hour to get changed and fix my hair and make up from my date night with Elijah.

Elijah, the sauve, sophisticaed vampire. I first met him two months ago when I was in Milwaukee for his first party he had. I was just taking a break from choreography when the girls starting gossiping about not seeing this Elijah guy. That is, until he walked in. They told me that we shouldn't look at him, but from the instance he calmly strode into the club, our eyes wouldn't break their hold from each other.

There was just something that just drew me in about him. I thought it was just some stupid school girl crush, but those stolen glances just wouldn't let him leave my brain.

I quickly changed into some black jeans and a black low cut tank top since it was still rather warm for a late night in Chicago. I found my black heels and strapped them on before going to work on my hair when there was a knock at my door.

"It's open," I smiled into the mirror and heard the door slowly creak open.

"Are you ready to go?" I heard behind me as I finished putting earrings in and turned to face the tall man dressed in a suit holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Yeah," I smiled at him. "Are those for me?"

"Of course," He handed me the flowers as I smiled at them and sat them on the table. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I blushed tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Shall we?" Elijah extended his arm for me which I took with a smile.

The two of us hit the street as I held onto Elijah's arm, taking in the sparkling lights of the now darkened city. You didn't need to know about vampires or magic to experience this type of magic or force. I smirked at the thought which Elijah picked up on.

"What?" He looked down at me as I shrugged.

"It's just I was thinking, that I haven't felt this alive in along time, especially with a vampire," I laughed. "Not that I haven't been happy, it's just everything seems to make sense again. Like the world finally has a beam of light shining in it."

"Normally girls run when they hear the word vampire," He looked down at me. "But now you. You stayed."

"Because I'm not a normal girl," I smirked at thought.

"Why didn't you run?" Elijah questioned.

"Because I looked past the vampire and saw the man tht stood in front of me. A great and respectable man," I leant on his shoulder a bit. "One that could listen forever to my endless rambles, one that seemed human when no one was around."

"But I'm not," He started.

"I know and don't care," I nodded, taking in his scent. "And to be fair, you never pushed me away. Why's that?"

"Because," Elijah stopped to think as my eyes met hm. "Because when I met you, I knew you were different, you were stronger than most girls I've ever met."

"You know I'm not sorry for talking to you that first night I seen you," I thought back to him being in the room.

"Nor will I," He kissed the top of my head.

"Come on," I smiled as I moved away from his arm to take his hand. "Let's go find food."

"Of course," Elijah laughed as I drug him towards the cross walk backwards with a smile on my face.

I came to a stop on the sidewalk just as a taxi whizzed by my body a mere centimeters away with screeching tires just as he was about to tur a corner.

"Watch where you're going!" I yelled at th cabbie as Elijah pulled me back towards him. "People, I swear."

"Maybe we should order in," Elijah suggested.

"People just need to stop trying to kill me,," I glared at the direction of the road. "I mean do I have a target on my back?"

"Come on," Elijah pulled me along. "Let's go this way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? I sorta got an idea while watching "Dirty Dancing", haha. Oh how I love that movie