Dark Blue

There Was a Terrible Crash

Clothes were throw across my room, sheets barely stayed on the bed and I'm pretty sure a lamp was knocked over as well as a few things that were fallen off the dresser. The only thing that covered us was that thin sheet that for the most part was barely clinging to the bed.

Elijah's fingers slowly ran down my arms as I moved closer to him with a smile on my face. I really didn't want to leave here for work but I had to.

"I don't want to go home," I mentioned as I watched the walls. "But I kinda have to."

"You don't have to do anything," He mentioned.

"No but, I don't know," I shrugged.

"What happened to your parents?" Elijah questioned as I turned to look at him. "You said they died but you never told me how."

"It's crazy," I gave him a faint smile. "But everyone acts so shocked when they hear of vampires and werewolves."

"You don't?" He raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head and took a deep breath before I answered. "When I was ten, my parents let me to this away dance camp. I was scared at first but in the end, it was probably one of the best weeks of my life. So on the last day, my aunt on my mom's side was bringing me home since my parents were watching my little brother who was really sick. I guess they didn't tell me so I wouldn't freak out but by time I was gettin home, he was feeling better.

So finally getting home and seeing that my brother was ok, I went about unpacking my things when I heard a noise downstairs. It wasn't just a dropping of something, it was clawing at a door, then a crash. I heard gunshots and shouting. I was scared, terrified but for some reason my feet told me to run to check on my family.

I headed to the staircase and I stopped dead in my tracks to see book pages strewn across the floor and lifeless arm lying on the ground. My stomach churned and my heartbroke, everything in my body told me to run, hide but I didn't. Instead, I further walked down the staircase to see my parents torn to shreds. I remember thinkin I was going to throw up but didn't. I didn't because I heard my little brother scream.

It was an earth shattering scream, one that I ran back up the stairs to get him but when I got there, the two people in front of me, a man and a woman, turned to face me with these golden yellow eyes before grabbing my brother and leaping out the window. A police report was filed and two days later, my little brother was found, dead in a field. It was then I was placed in my aunt and uncle's home in Mystic Falls."

"That's horribe," Elijah mentioned as I nodded. "Did they ever find out who did it?"

"No, but it wasn't a who, it's a what," I looked at him as he got a strange look on his face. "Everyone whispered vampires but I knew better."

"What was it?" He questioned.

"Werewolves," I looked at him to see him tense up a bit.

"Are you sure?" He questioned.

"Yeah," My eyes looked away from him. "I know what I seen that night, what I heard. There were two wolves and then the forms of people. I mean technically skinwalkers right? But they weren't vampires. Why?"

"My brother, Niklaus," Elijah started as I looked at him.

"I remember, you told me he was an original too?" I watched as his as he looked into the distance.

"He's the original hybrid," He spoke lowly. "Niklaus is what you call a half brother. He was born a werewolf, magic made him a vampire."

"Yeah but from what you've told me, he wouldn't of spared me. They seen me and they left me alone," I pointed out.

"It's unlikely it was Niklaus then," He mentioned.

"Besides, isn't he dead?" I questioned as Elijah got silent. "Elijah?"

"Originals can't die," He let out in a breath. "I mean it would take a lot and only an original could really know how to kill another but I don't know where he's at."

"Well that's reassuring," I rolled my eyes.

"You have my word that Klaus won't ever hurt you," Elijah lifted my chin to him.

"Forever?" I whispered as that small smile crept across his face.

"Forever," He placed a light kiss on my lips which slowly deepened.

He slowly pulled his body over mine, his hips lightly pressing into mine as he kissed my jawline. His kisses started moving down my neck as I let out a moan just to hear my phone going off on the nightstand next to me.

"Elijah, I need to get dressed," I barely got out before he caused me to moan again.

"No," He growled in my ear and had it not been for wanting to go to work, I would've melted into his words.

"I promise when I get back we can pick up where we left off," I ran my fingers through his hair.

"So many years in this world and I swear I haven't met anyone who drives m crazy like you do," He playfully glared at me.

"Aww, come on now," I smirked at him. "I'm sure there have been plenty of women that drove you crazy."

"Most were very transparent but you have so much mystery," He moved slightly off me to get out of bed.

Elijah rolled over to his back as I found my active wear pants and sports bra. I smiled at him as I pulled a t-shirt on over my head then leant over to kiss him.

"It's because I'm just so awesome," I smirked as I broke away from him. "If you leave, lock up for me."

"I will," Elijah threw an arm over his head to look at the ceiling.

"I'll be back," I giggled as I headed out the door and down to my car.

As I left the room, Elijah slowly looked around the room and figured he'd at least pick some of mess up before he left. He found his clothes and put them back on, when his hand hit something hard next to the bed. Picking it up, he examined the notebook cover and almost sat it back down when something fell out of it. It was a page from a murder investigation report.

Elijah sat down on the bed to open the notebook, finding writings of things that he didn't think a mere mortal woman would know about. There were notes of werewolves, wolf's bane, werwolf attacks, and then the last entry in which a family member of the Lockwoods was cited as a suspect in what Melinda was investigating. Elijah closed the book, having a sinking feeling that something just wasn't right.

Later that night it, I had finished my last class before my group's final performance around nine o'clock. The night sky was taking over the town as I made my way back down to my car when I seen it. I thought I had been seeing things but there was that dark car outside my work again. It had been randomly following me around town, both here and in Mystic Falls. I had my suspicous but who could I tell, no one wanted to believe that the Lockwood family was keeping tabs on me. Especially since my dad was never a true Lockwood, he was adopted into the family at two and always thought there was something off about them.

Getting into my car, I started it up, making sure that I left the parking lot alone. It was normal quiet drive back to the apartment, nothing out of the ordinary, no one following me until I seen car with bright lights that caught my attention in the other lane. For some odd reason, I just had one of those feelings that I couldn't explain.

Maybe it was just myelf being paranoid, maybe it was the fact that he casually crossed the double yellow line a few feet ahead of me.

"Fucking drunk idiot," I mumbled as he just about passed me when I felt it.

The side impact of that car hitting my car at a high speed. That bone chilling sound of crunching metal and aluminum. Then the tires just letting out that high pitched squeel right before the impact from behind hit me.

I had been hit twice, that's all I knew. My fastly spinning out of control.

My head hit the dashboard as glass shattered all around me. I could feel blood trickling down my face and the seering pain in my side and back. It suddenly became too hard to breathe. I tried to breathe but it wouldn't happen, instead I coughed up blood as my car rested on the road. I heard someone rush to my door, tearing it open and I tried to move, scream, anything but my head swam and I found my eyes starting to close.

A thousand miles away, Damon had been sitting in Mystic Grill with Elena and Stefan when all the sudden a seering pain in his head and could hear the sounds from his dreams.

"Damon?" Elena questioned. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah," He hisssed but couldn't open his eyes. "I just need to go home."

"You can't drive," Elena protested as he stood up but swayed.

"I need to leave," He gritted through his teeth.

"Damon just sit down-" Stefan started.

"It's Melinda," He mentioned as Stefan and Elena both gave each other strange looks.

The fog in my brain was broken by someone tugging me out of the car by the hair with force. There was no gentleness in anything. My whole body felt like it was falling to pieces and my lungs hurt. I couldn't scream, couldn't fight. I knew it was the end and I didn't want to go out this way but nothing in my body would let me fight them.

"Please," I gasped out in a shallow breath. "Don't."

"You were supposed to be dead you stupid bitch," I heard someone growl. "And since the job couldn't be done before, I'm going to finish this now."

"No," I whispered as my eyes kept themselves shut from the pain but I felt someone step on my rib cage.

I heard the bones crunch underneath the weight, felt my lungs pierce and fill with blood as I rolled onto my side to make it stop. I thought it was over when I felt the cool blade plunge into my back and a faint scream escaped my lips.

I waited for the end, wishing it'd come quicker than it was. I didn't want to feel but then I felt the pressure stop and it was quiet. I felt someone pick me up carefully and my eyes opened to slits to see who it was.

"Elijah?" I whispered as he carried me away from the cars.

"Ssh, don't talk," He whispered as I leant my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so cold," I whispered.

"I know," He mentioned as he carried me somewhere. "It'll be over soon."

"Stay with me?" I whispered as I felt a chill of wind rush past me.

"Always," He whispered then sat me down on somthing soft.

My eyes shot open, breathing hitched as I looked around. I was back in my apartment, back in my room. But that was impossible, I did just have the worst car wreck as well as someone practically kill me, right?

And why were the neighbors so fucking loud?

"Good morning," Elijah spoke quietly.

"What am I doing here?" I looked around. "I should be in a hospital."

"You should be but it would hard to explain to them why you just walked off the table in the morgue," Elijah watched me.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned as I heard the neighbors still. "And can you tell them to shut up?"

"Melinda, they're four room over and they're TV's down low," Elijah mentioned.

"But I can hear them," My eyes searched the room. "And I'm so hungry."

"I know," He sighed walking over to me. "And I'm sorry. I didn't want this to happen to you."

"What happened?" I questioned as he looked at me and my mind made the connection. "No."

"I'll help you, explain everything now to you," He took my hand gently. "First, you need to eat."