Dark Blue

An Untold Story

My feet slowly skipped over the beams of light that streaked across my floor, trying not to get burnt by the rays that somehow got through the sheets that were now put up over the windows.

"When is your witch getting here?" I hissed at Elijah as he sat calmly down in my chair.

"Soon," Was all he replied as I hid into the shadows.

"Not soon enough," I grumbled.

"I'm not so sure I'm fond of your attitude this morning," He commented as I glared at him.

"Excuse me for not being so cheerful when the sun's out to kill me," I kept my glare at him as I found a way around a sun beam that shone through only to hear Elijah laugh. "It's not funny."

"No one said it was," He mentioned as I made my way over to him.

"And you're laughing, why?" I glared at him as he pulled me down onto his lap.

"No reason," He smiled at me.

"Yeah and that's not annoying," I rolled my eyes at him as he played with my fingers.

"Before she does get here," Elijah mentioned. "I want to give you something."

"Uh, you already did," I mentioned as I leant my head on his shoulder. "This vampire thing and well you were amazing last night and this morning-"

"I don't mean that," Elijah half glared at me as he reached into his pocket to pull out a small box. "You talked of love before and I never said anything about it."

"Elijah," I started not really knowing where this was going.

"I do love you, Melinda," Elijah opened the slender box to reveal a white gold chain with a white gold ring and a few diamonds and rubies swirled into the shape of a fluer-de-lis. "This has been in my family for a really long time and I want you to have it."

"I can't," I starred at the piece of jewelary as he took it out of the box and hooked it around my neck.

"Now you won't forget me when you go back home," He whispered next to my ear.

"Thank you," I looked into his eyes and kissed him quickly. "You still better come see me."

"I will," He smiled.

"Or else, then there would be no point in me wearing this," I smirked when there was a knock at my door.

"I'll get it," He sighed as I let him up so he could answer the front door.

Elijah let in a tiny burnette girl with a few braids and blue and red streaks through it. The bracelets on her wrist clinked as she walked into the room and stood in front of me. Elijah stood there as she took me in, sizing me up or something.

"Something wrong?" I glared at her.

"Melinda," Elijah warned.

"No, it's just, I feel like I know you from somewhere," She watched me.

"Pretty sure you don't," I crossed my arms as she blinked once.

"My mistake," She spoke before she moved closer to me and sat in a chair next to me.

Elijah had picked out this silverish ring with a small heart shaped diamond in the middle that he placed on the table. The girl took out a few things and did a spell which included a bit of fire before turning towards me with a smile on her face.

"There it's done," She smiled as I reached out for the ring.

"That's it?" I questioned as she nodded and I put the ring on. "That was quicker than I thought."

"And if that's all you need, I'm going to be on my way," She slowly rose as my hand decided to test out a nearby beam of sun and nothing happened.

"Thanks," I smiled brightly at her as she stretched out her hand to shake.

"No problem," She smiled then paused for a second before her mouth fell open as she let go of my hand. "Oh my god, you're her."

"Excuse me?" I looked at her as I took back my hand.

"You're the protector of the boy," She smiled bigger at me.

"What are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow at her because now I knew this girl was legit crazy. "What boy?"

"The Gilbert boy," She replied quickly, not even missing a beat.

"What?" My heart stopped since no one around here knew of the Gilberts, at least not that I know.

"I think it's time for you to leave," Elijah moved towards her as his arm reached out for her.

"No," I snapped quickly but kept eye contact with her. "What Gilbert boy?"

"Jeremy," She took a confident breath. "You're supposed to protect the boy."

"Wha-" I started but she shook her head.

"It'll all make sense soon," She gave me a faint smile. "Your mother was well known in these parts. It's been your destiny either one of you were born."

"Yeah, Elijah, you found a crazy witch," I looked at him.

"No," She protested as Elijah lead her to the door. "It's true. It's all in your family's journals. Your mother was a high positioned witch and your father was a hunter. Granted they wouldn't want their daughter to become the one thing that killed them."

"My family wasn't killed by vampires," I glared at her. "And you know nothing about what they wanted."

"Have you told him about your hunter tools you keep locked up in your closet?" She smirked as my eyes met Elijah. "Wow, so the one thing you're parents wanted you to kill, you can't all because of well, him."

"Let's ge one thing straight," I moved slowly over to her. "If Elijah hadn't saved me then I'd be dead and that would in turn allow anything to happen to Jeremy. And that's what my parents wouldn't have wanted, they would've found a way to save me if this all part of my destiny. And I don't see you or any of your coven rushing to save me or protect me."

The girl swallowed hard as I advanced closer to her. Her heartbeat raced in her chest. It was funny how I could hear that now. She was scared. I wasn't so sure if it was from me, the both of us, or because she knew Elijah was an original.

"And for the record, my family wasn't kiled by vampires. They were killed by werewolves," I seethed at her. "So don't you dare claim that you know what my family would've wanted."

"Are you planning to kill me?" She found courage as she stood in front of me.

"Don't think I didn't think about it," I stood mere inches in front of her. "I'm very hungry but you're not going to remember this happened. You're going to walk out that door and never contact me again. Understand?"

"I understand," She nodded as she turned on her heels and walked out the door.

Elijah locked the door behind her as he turned to look at me. I knew what he was thinking. He wanted to know more what she said and also point out that I just compelled someone. Hell, I was half smiling inside that I had compelled someone.

"You ok?" He questioned as I nodded.

"I know you want honesty but," I bit my lip. "I had no idea what she was talking about. Everything my family had went into storage back home, save for a box I keep close."

"Which is?" Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"Well," I drew out and walked towards my room and into the closet as he followed me. "This."

I pulled out a old wooden box which I handed to Elijah, whom opened the lid. Inside lied a stake, bullets, a gun, wolfsbane, vervain, along with a few daggers and pocket knives. His fingers grazed the edge of the box as he slowly pulled out a dagger. My eyes watched his as he scanned the box's items for a bit longer.

"You used these?" He looked up at me as I bit my lip.

"Once," I spoke quietly. "Against another werewolf. They don't seem to like me for some reason."

"Yet you travel with it?" Elijah closed the lid and sat it down.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "It's a bit of comfort, I guess."

"This Jeremy Gilbert, do you know him? Elijah questioned.

"Yes," I nodded. "But I have no idea what he has to do with anything. He doesn't exactly know about all the dark, dangerous things out there."

"You mean you and I," Elijah moved closer to me.

"I guess," I sighed with a shrug and sat on the bed. "But we're different. We have to be."

"What are you thinking?" Elijah moved as he sat down next to me as I layed back on the bed to look at the ceiling.

"That I'm pissed, confused, hungry, and all I want to do is just sink my teeth into someone's neck," I grumbled as Elijah leant over me.

"How about we go get some breakfast?," Elijah smirked at me as my eyes met mine.

"I like the sound of that," I flashed him a quick smile as he took my hand. "And then you can help me pack tonight before I leave. Even though I don't want to leave but kind of have to now."

"Of course," Elijah kissed my cheek. "Now, let's go feed you."

Elijah took me out to a street that no one really commuted on this morning. Mainly a lot of gang bangers hung out here during the afternoon. A bunch of lowlifes I seen them as. There were a few causing trouble about a block away which the two of us quickly rushed towards.

There in the alleyway, a young girl was being assaulted by these two men. They were relentless, ruthless, just down right disgusting. I quickly moved over to the two of them and stood next to the one. Their blood was racing through their veins, filling everything around me.

"Leave her alone," I mentioned next to one of them as they both jumped and looked at me.

"You're pretty stupid girl," One of them hissed at me. "Relax, you'll get your turn soon."

"You should run," I heard Elijah mention to the girl as she thanked us then ran off quickly.

"Bitch, who the fuck do you think you are?!" The other snapped.

"A dead one," The other let out a sinister laugh.

"You know nothing of dead," I looked at him as my eyes changed.

"What's wrong with your eyes?" The guy gasped as I sunk my fangs into his throat and the other just about ran off when I threw a dagger I had with me at his back and he slumped slightly.

I finished off his friend as I walked over to the other guy. His breathing was ragged, the fear filled his eyes as I moved over to him.

"What are you?" He winced in pain.

"That fear you're feeling," I knelt down to the man. "That sense that you're about to die and can't do anything about it? That's what that girl and every girl before that felt. I want you to remember everythin you just felt here everytime you even think about harming another woman again. You won't remember any of this but that fear will stay with you forever."

"My friend," His breathing hitched.

"Dead," I stood up slowly. "An ambulance will be here soon."

I walked towards Elijah who hung up his phone as the man on he ground cried out in pain and pulled out the dagger. He decided to throw the dagger towards me which Elijah caught as I turned to face him with dark eyes.

"Let it go," Elijah whispered. "He's not worth it."

I turned my head from the man and left the alley just as cops started to show up. The two of us made our way down the street and back to the busy Loop of Chicago when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed it out of my pocket as Elijah held onto my other hand.

"Hello?" I questioned into the receiver just to hear Stefan on the other side.

"Thank god you answered," Stefan sighed a sigh of relief.

"Why wouldn't I?" I let out a small laugh as I heard him let out a groan.

"Damon's been having these weird dreams. Ones that he swears are real in which you were in a horrible crash and died," Stefan sounded like he didn't believe him and he had no reason but still that right there still gave me goosebumps.

"Maybe he should stop watching those horror movies," I laughed as I tried to play it off.

"Yeah," Stefan snickered. "Oh and hey just a heads up, your aunt's throwing a party for your return."

"You mean there's some political agenda that the Lockwoods have but want to say it's for me?" I questioned with a bit of bitterness in my voice.

"Exactly," Stefan added.

"Just means I'm going dress shopping now," I smirked only to see Elijah roll his eyes.

"Yeah and I'll let Damon know you're still breathing," Stefan chuckled.

"Thanks," I smiled.

I hung up the phone as I looked at Elijah. He had one of those looks on his face that told me I needed to tell them and was actully amused that I lied to my friends.

"What?" I whined as I looked at him. "Don't give me that look."

"What look?" He snickered a bit as I rolled my eyes.

"That one that says I can't believe you lied to your friends," I sighed.

"I'm not one to judge," He put up his free hand.

"Good because you're going dress shopping with me," I smirked at him. "I need to look amazing for this party."