Status: Feedback will make me happy (:

They Don't Know About Us...

I used to think that I was better alone..

Ever since moving to London last year, my parents haven't called me, not even once, until now, that is. It was early one Saturday morning when I was woken up by my cell phone ringing. Seeing the name "Mom" on the bright screen made me a little hesitant about answering it, but I did anyway.

"Umm...Hi Mom?" I said into my phone, still half asleep.

"Jane Lancaster! Are you still sleeping? It's nearly..."

I rolled my eyes as I heard her counting the time change out loud. "11 o'clock over there!"

"It's nice to hear from you mom", I groaned, she obviously not catching my annoyed tone.

"What have you been up to across the pond?" She said, giggling at her use of the phrase "across the pond".

"Oh, you know, nothing too big"

"How's the studio doing?"

"It's actually going really well--" she cut me off before I could tell her anymore. Typical.

"Oh that's great, honey. Listen, I just called to tell you the big news!"

I sighed. "What big news, mom?"

"Well, last night, your father and I had dinner with your sister and her boyfriend..." I once again rolled my eyes and let out a big sigh. My mother always seemed to like my older sister just a little bit better than me. She was so proud of her first born. After Loraine got into UT on a full ride, it seemed like nothing I could ever do would surpass that...not even moving to London and opening up my very own art studio.

"Jane! You still there!?", My mom said.

I was zoning out, thinking about my sister when I realized that I hadn't heard a single thing my mother was saying.

"Oh sorry! What were you saying?"

"At dinner last night, Ricky proposed to Loraine!" My mom was practically screaming.

"Oh! That's umm...that's fantastic!" I said, trying to sound excited.

"I know! Jane, your sister is getting married!" She once gain was saying in a very high pitched voice.

"Wow, that's amazing mom. I'm really happy for them," I said trying to hide my confusion. My sister and I were never extremely close, but that didn't mean that we need had occasional girl talks. The last time we had a heart to heart, which was only a few days before I left for London, she kept going on about how she was going to leave Ricky. She said she was so unhappy with him. he was always bossing her around and constantly nagging her to "be perfect" Loraine literally hated being with him. I had absolutely no idea why she was apparently marrying him now. I decided that I would worry about it later though.

After hanging up the phone, I thought i might as well get up and get ready since I had a class at 1 today. I got up, made my bed messily, fed Lily my pet gecko, and then hopped in the shower. I absolutely loved taking steaming hot showers. They were the best. It was the best time to just gather all of my thoughts for the day. I made a mental checklist of all the things i had to do before my first class which was only in an hour and a half.

After I finally got out of the shower and put myself together, i flipped on my tv and watched the latest gossip news channel, my favorite. I sat there eating my cereal, listening to everything that was going on in celebrity world. After a few more minutes, my phone lit up, and when i saw whose name was on the screen, i answered it instantly.

"Hey Syd, what's up?"

"Nothing, just picking up some extra paint for today's classes. We nearly ran out last time."

"Alright. I'm just about to leave my flat. Can you think of anything we need?" i said, trying to quickly get all my stuff together, realizing it was already 12:15.

"Nope, but if you could pick me up a iced latte, that would be awesome," she said in her usual cheery voice.

"You got it, I'll see you in a bit" I said, then hung up the phone.

Sydnee was my absolute best friend in the entire world. She's the first person I met when i moved here. A few days after i had settled in, she came knocking on my door with some art supplies that had been accidentally delivered to her address instead of mine.

"This came in the mail yesterday, i guess they got our flats mixed up. I'm Sydnee" she said with a welcoming smile.

"Hey, I'm Jane. Thanks for bringing this over, i knew i was missing a box or two" i said taking one of the boxes she was holding.

"Oh my gosh! Is that an American accent i hear?" she squealed.

"Haha, yeah, i just moved here a few days ago from Tennessee. If you even know where that is." i said, assuming most people in London probably didn't know about little ole Tennessee.

"Are you kidding?! I love it baby" she said, doing her best Elvis impersonation, which was pretty hilarious because of her English accent.

"Hey, that was really good! But I'm actually from Nashville, not Memphis" i said, laughing hysterically.

"Do you want to go grab a bite to eat then, Nashville?" she asked.

The rest was pretty much history.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo this is my very first story, so it would be amazing if you guys could comment and give me feedback. Please, tell me if it sucks...seriously. and im open for any idea that anyone might have! This is very short, so i will probably have another chapter up later tonight or tomorrow. I will try to update every 2-3 days, unless i get too busy. Thank you to anyone and everyone who reads this!! XOXO