Do You Fear Me?

ten

I didn’t have to serve after school detention, or anymore detention for that matter, the rest of the week after Wednesday. Principal Argent had felt bad, ‘terrible’ he told me, about what had happened to me and let me off.

“Rosie, this is Erica, she’s p-one of my good friends.”
The three of us, Daniel now sitting in Argent’s office with a wrapped wrist trying to explain what he’d done to deserve such a fracture, stood outside the main office; trying to somewhat divulge a plan.
“Thank you.”
“Hey, girls gotta stick together, right?” She smiled at me. “And plus, that kid was a creep since the first day I saw him.” I gave her a small smile.
“What-you have gym next, right?” Isaac asked, clearing having memorized my schedule. I couldn’t help but smile wider.
“Yea…but I get to sit out because of my ankle.” I moved it, giving Isaac a remembrance and Erica a small shock that I could kind of run with my ankle like that.
“I’ll get you there.” He said.
“Isaac, lunch isn’t even over. I’ll just go sit with-”
“No, I’m sure Jonson will appreciate it.” He insisted.
“I’ll see you later, Isaac.” Erica pat his shoulder. “Nice meeting you, Rosie.” I smiled at Erica again, earning one back, and she left, disappearing behind a corner.
“You don’t have to go to gym.” Isaac said, nearly whispering in my ear.
“I can’t skip, Isaac.” I looked up at him, remembering the first time I’d skipped class, with him of all people. “Not again.”
“Then I’ll sit with you.” He argued. “On the bench.”
“You have class.”
He shrugged. “It’s only history.”
“It’s important.” I sighed out. “You need to go.”
“I’ll get a pass from the nurse telling him and Ms. Blake I need to help you around school.” Isaac grinned, revealing a smart but impractical plan.
“That’s fucked up and so not cool.”
“It’s smart and cool. I bet I could.”
“She’d let Stiles or Scott before she’d let you help me, Isaac.” I chuckled.
“It’s always worth a shot.” He shrugged.
“A long shot.”
He grinned. “A shot nonetheless.”
“Isaac, I’ll be fine. I’ll just…sit in the library last period.” I shrugged.
“I don’t want you to be alone, Rosie.” Isaac pleaded, taking my shoulders in his large hands.
“I can handle myself.” I argued.
“Yeah,” Isaac scoffed. “You handled yourself real well what that kid forced himself on you.” My mouth fell open and I shoved Isaac back, away from me. His face fell instantly. He regretted it.
“Excuse me-he scared me and caught me by surprise!” I cried. “I’m not always prepared for some attack by some kid!”
“You’re telling me that you didn’t hear him come near you at all?”
“No, Isaac, I didn’t.” I figure he could tell that I was beginning to cry, so I turned away and began to walk away. “Sorry I don’t live up to whatever standards you have.”
“No, no. Rosie, wait! I didn’t-!” The bell ringing cut him off and I quickly folded into the mass of students and was soon on my way to gym.

I was laying, partially hidden from view, on the bleachers. The rock of the structure was warmer than the metal and I had been shivering since I left Isaac in the hall. It was probably from how much I’d wanted to cry when he told me I couldn’t handle myself.
I also hadn’t left the bleachers since gym, Jonson giving me free rein to lay there because I had free period for my last period.
“There you are.” I groaned and looked up at Allison.
“We’ve all been looking for you.”
“Who is we?” Allison sat beside my head.
“Lydia, Scott, Stiles, and I.”
“Here I am…” I sung under my breath, as well as turning on my side. We sat there for a minute, not speaking, but then Allison did.
“I heard about what happened today.”
“Awesome, the whole-”
“What’s wrong?” She cut me off. What’s wrong? What’s wrong? There’s a few things that are wrong right now, Allison, I’m sure you don’t want to know.
What’s wrong?” I repeated, this time out loud.
“Yes.” Allison confirmed. “What is wrong, Rosie?”
“Nothing.” I grumbled, pulling my backpack farther under my head and sighing. “Nothing at all is wrong.”
“Then tell me why Isaac is staring at you and freely getting bitched at by Coach.” My head snapped over to see the scene.
He was staring at me and Finstock was yelling but it was like he was yelling at a wall. Yeah, a wall with piercing blue eyes, captivating soul, sweet, soft lips, and an almost knack for trouble.
“Because he’s a class A asshole.” I turned, putting my back to him.
“What’d he do?”
“He told me I wasn’t able to handle myself. I said I didn’t need his help, that I could handle myself for a free period in the library and he was like ‘yea, you handled yourself real well when that kid attacked you.’ Yeah, well fuck him.” I growled.
“I think you like him.” Allison smiled at me, as if telling me something I didn’t know.
“Of course I like him. You’d have to be blind and deaf to think I didn’t like him. But he’s an asshole and I’m finding out why Stiles doesn’t want me hanging around him.” I glanced at the field, to watch the boys play for a second and Isaac turned around, so I looked back at the bleachers beside my head.
“That is not why Stiles doesn’t want you to hang out with him, Rosie, I promise you that.” She laughed, now knowing something I didn’t know. That everyone around me but me seemed to know about.
“Then tell me why he doesn’t.” I pleaded, turning on my stomach to look at her.
“It’s not my place…Stiles will tell you in due time, but not now…”
“I think I’m the only fucking person in this town who doesn’t know what the hell is going on!” I growled, glaring at Allison. But it didn’t faze her.
“You’re not.” She deadpanned.
“Then just tell me! Jesus, I just want to know!” I screamed, sitting up from my previous position and yanked up my bag.
“I’m sorry, Rosie. I can’t tell you.”
“Then here, I’ll tell you this. Something is happening to me. I know exactly what and I don’t know how to stop it. But because you’re keeping secrets, I’ll keep mine too. Bye, Allison.”
I got up, pulling my backpack on, and left quickly. I didn’t have time to wait for Stiles or try to hotwire his jeep, which I’d done to my father and brother in the past, I’d just walk. And maybe be able to think.

♒♋♊

Allison
“Where is she!?”
“I think she went to walk home, I don’t know, Stiles, I’m sorry.”
“Great! Flipping awesome…” He looked at us, Scott, Lydia, and I. “Are you gonna get in the damn jeep or what!?”

♒♋♊

Rosemary
The sun was setting.
And I was sadly lost.

I knew it had been a bad idea to start with, walking home alone and not knowing more than a street in this town, but now I’m just convinced I’m gonna get killed.
My phone had been ringing constantly but I’m too scared to look at it.
But then it rang a different tone. One I’d never heard before. I had to look at it.
It didn’t even have a number on it. It just said Answer Me.
So I did.
“Hello?”
“Rosemary, what a pleasant surprise.” I gasped and my body went cold. It was the same voice that had called me before, telling me ‘I’ll get you, Goddess.’ I’m gonna die.
“Who are you?”
“Just a friend. Now listen.” I squeaked. “Keep walking. Down that street, smart girl, and-you already see it-what a good girl…”
The house in the middle of the street. It was like all the others but something about it was twisting; turning me to want to walk up, then in, and learn every single secret it ever held, if any.
“Why don’t you go in?” But in my trace, trance, I hadn’t noticed that I had suddenly come upon the door. I was standing on the top step, right in front of the door.
“What if someone lives here…?”
“No one does.”
Rosie! Stop!” I jerked around and only caught a glimpse of Isaac and Erica before someone grabbed my throat and pulled me into the house. I tried to let out a scream but a blow to the head knocked me out cold.

♒♋♊

Isaac
Rosie! No!” Erica held me back. “Rosie! Let me go!”
“Isaac, stop! She’ll be-” I froze. The door opened and a figure stood in the door.
“Isaac. Leave. I promise to take care of your Goddess.”
“Give me-!” Erica grabbed me and slammed me against the sidewalk.
“Good bye, Isaac.”
I let out a roar was the door closed and Rosie was seemingly gone.
“I have to get her, Erica!”
“Isaac, she’ll be fine-”
“He’s going to kill her!”
“Isaac, we can’t save her!”

♒♋♊

A shrill scream ripped through the air of the night in Beacon Hills. And if you hadn’t heard the scream, you could feel in the air that nothing was going right.
The scream, from a girl, came from the lips of Rosemary Tulin.
And the first to act on the noise, was Isaac Lahey.
But completely unlike what was previously written, Rosemary had not been taken, captured, kidnapped by whatever demon might have killed her family. She was dreaming. Everything was fabricated in her own mind, the call and the yells. Every detail.
But on the side of the main road in town, she laid in the grass, fallen from her sleeping; which had been when she was knocked out in her dream; and was now sitting up, screaming.
Whether or not she was awake was up for discussion.

♒♋♊

Isaac
“Are you deaf or something!? You didn’t just hear her scream at the top of her lungs!? You’re fucking werewolf senses not kicking it!?”
“Isaac, she might have screamed, but that doesn’t mean she needs our help.” Erica reasoned. I’d gone and woken every person in the loft because I was going to find Rosie. With their help, I had thought.
“What happened to ‘girls stick together’? Or was that some bullshit reason for helping her before?”
“Isaac, we can’t save everyone.”
“Derek, you’ve met her!” I spun around to the alpha. “She-”
“Don’t play that card, Isaac.” Derek warned me.
“Derek, please!”
“No! You go alone or you don’t go! Got it!?” He shoved me off and went back to his own bed.
“Let’s just go see Scott.” Boyd said.
“You’re gonna help me?” I looked up at him, almost bewildered that he was offering his help to find a girl he’d never met.
“No one else I know is getting hurt on my watch.” I thanked him and we were soon on the scent trail of Rosie Tulin.

“Isaac, you’re nuts.” Erica muttered, as if I weren’t going to be able to hear her.
“I am not.” Erica and Boyd were following me and Scott and Stiles were on the other side of town, trying to find Rosie. Though Erica protested most of the time we were walking, Boyd kept his opinions, if any, to himself.
Her screams had gone quiet and now we were working off her smell alone.
That I could do, though. She smelled so good, so sweet. Rosie smelled of roses; ironic, I know; strawberries, and her own personal scent that I would never be able to decipher.
I was currently following the path of the main road of Beacon Hills, tracking her recent movements here.
“Isaac, we’re never going to find her. What if that-?” I growled and snapped on Erica.
“Hey! Doesn’t she have a British backpack?” My rage was cut short to Boyd’s words, louder than usual, and my movements were cut the same with Boyd’s hand.
“Yea,”
“There.” I followed his finger and there she was. Laying, across the street and seemingly mangled, in the grass beside a shop front. But she’s alive.
“Rosie.” I ran across the street and fell beside her. “Rosie…wake up…” I shook her. She didn’t make a move, just let out steady breaths telling me she was okay. “Oh, god, please wake up, Rosie.”
“Please, Rosie.” Erica stood, probably scared, behind Boyd. Boyd was on the phone, probably with Scott or Stiles.
Rosie!” Her eyes shot open and her hand, which had been on my thigh, tightened into a fist.
“Rosie, it’s me.” She looked around, seeing Erica, Boyd, and me, then began crying. I lifted her into my arms and she cried into my shirt.
“Where’re Stiles and Scott?”
“Coming now.” Boyd said. I moved onto my back and she was cradled into my chest, still crying.
“Rosie, it’s okay…”
I’m getting real tired of saving her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one day! Because I have awesome readers!
To make this clear, Rosie getting the phone call and being kidnapped and Isaac's first POV were all fabricated by Rosie dreaming when she fell asleep in the middle of the town.
So you notice that Isaac doesn't exactly like constantly saving Rosie, but that doesn't change their relationship! Go Rosie for sticking up for herself but then she got herself into trouble. How do you think the rest of the wolves will react to this? If they ever find out. (This Alpha is really getting to her!)
I need three more beautiful comments before I get up to posting eleven, so comment away!
Thank you to
jamesneal (again!)
crimmy (again and thanks again for the idea and the rude words to the Alpha, he will appreciate knowing this!;))
and so delicately. (for the first time!)
I hope to hear more from you all soon!
please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.