Do You Fear Me?

twelve

The next morning, I adorned my best fitting Sharks jersey, Tulin and number 25 on the back. I picked up Isaac’s jacket and brought it to my face.
I could smell him on it.
“You ready-what are you doing?” I jerked around to Stiles. “What are you doing?”
“N-nothing…” I let the jacket fall to my side like my hands.
“You’re smelling that jacket…is that yours?” I looked down at it.
No. “Yes.”
“That looks kinda like the jacket Isaac was wearing last night.”
“Oh…”
“Come on.” I unfolded it and pulled it over my shoulders. “That is huge on you.” Stiles added.
“Can we go?” I picked up my backpack and went out before Stiles. I grabbed an orange from the kitchen and went out to his jeep.
“Here’s to not getting detention today?” Stiles asked, looking over at me for confirmation.
“No detention. Promise.”
“Atta girl.” Stiles chuckled. He put the jeep into reverse and pulled out of the driveway to get to school.

Around lunch, Isaac caught me in the hall and asked me if I could talk.
“What’s up?”
“You look. Fucking amazing in my jacket.” I gasped as he pressed me against the lockers and kissed me just as hard. I felt him gripping the sides of the jacket to pull me closer. I slipped my hands up around his neck and pulled him down to me.
Suddenly, he pulled back and took a deep breath.
“Wow.” But before I could speak, he had pulled me back.
We were making out in the hallway. No matter if anyone passed us, Isaac had my all but my soul.
“Isaac, Isaac, wait.” I pulled back from his kisses, now tracing my neck, and he looked up at me.
“What?”
“The bell-” It went off. Stiles and Scott were two of the first people from the cafeteria. I grabbed Isaac’s shirt and pulled him down a separate hallway, out of Stiles’s view. “Was gonna ring.”
“How’d you know that?” Isaac asked, leaning against the wall of lockers.
“Just common sense.” I shrugged. He grabbed my hips and pulled me against him. He kissed me again, but pulled back after a second.
“God, you’re gorgeous.” I blushed.
“Here-” I went to take the jacket off, but he stopped me.
“Keep it. You look better in it.” I blushed again and fixed the jacket on my shoulders. He kissed me again.
“I have to get to class.”
“Alright…” He let me go and I got two steps before he grabbed me and kissed me again. “I’ll see you later.” I quickly jogged off to gym.

Stiles let me walk home alone today, but Dad was home.
“How was school?”
“Good…a pretty boring day, to be honest.” I chuckled, sitting at the table across from him.
“Some days are like that. Yet there are very few in Beacon Hills.” Dad shrugged but smiled. “I’m glad you got home when you did. I have to go in for the night shift but it’s not for a bit. We can talk, maybe hang out.”
“I’ve been wanting to talk to you actually. About my family’s funerals.”
“You don’t have to plan this, Rosie.” Dad put his hand over mine and gave me a knowing look.
“I know…but I want to…because I know what would be best. And what they’d want…” I took a deep breath.
“Rosie, are you sure you’re ready for that?”
“I’m positive, Dad…” He smiled at me.
“Alright…we can do that.” He pulled me against him and hugged me. I needed it right now.
“It’s just gonna be a little hard for me at first…but I know I can get through it…with help.” He smiled at me again.
“I understand…we can take this one step at a time.”
Dad and I began muttering about services, songs, and anything else we could about funerals. That I could handle.
But soon, he was being called into work. His shift was to begin in a few minutes.
“I’m sorry, Rosie. I have to get into work real soon.”
“It’s alright, I enjoyed spending time with you, plus, I’ll just grab some food and get my homework done.” I motioned to the fridge and then up to my room.
“Alright. Good girl. Try and get your brother to do his homework for me then.” I laughed as Dad walked by me, ruffing my hair a bit. “What?” He chuckled.
“Stiles tells me the same thing…”
“Like father like son.”
“I don’t know about getting him to do his homework, but I could try.”
“Not too hard.” He kissed the top of my head. “I’ll be home later.” I nodded and he was gone.
I went upstairs and opened my math book, and sighed. It was gonna be another long and boring night for me.
I quickly started writing down answers. I had my iPod on, playing All Time Low and the rest of Warped Tour loudly, trying to keep my focused.
But after the third problem, I was tired and done. I laid forward, on my book, and let out a whine.
“I will never pass math…” I groaned, now pushing myself up and trudging downstairs to make myself some food.
Then there was a slam and the sound of a lacrosse bag being dropped on the ground.
“Stiles?”
“Hey! Gonna go take a shower!” He screamed, as if I wasn’t going to be able to hear him.
“Wha-okay…?” I pulled some things from the fridge, grimacing and putting them back until I settled on some baked beans and ham we’d had a few days go. Let’s hope they’re still good.
As I was putting them into the microwave, Stiles was once again bounding down the stairs, wearing new clothes and struggling to get his shoes on.
“What’re you doing?” I asked, moving into the living room.
“Uh-going out…with some friends, ya know...” He shrugged.
“Liar. You don’t have friends.” I leaned against the couch.
“Ah-” He gasped at me. “I have friends!” He argued, but his face not showing the same confidence.
“Name five.” I challenged.
“Scott…um…A-Allison…uh…well-” He stuttered.
“Told you.” I crossed my arms. “Where’re you actually going?”
“To hang out with Scott….we’re gonna…hang out…guy time, you know.” Stiles was fidgeting, constantly changing his body’s position and how he was standing.
“Can I come?” I asked, sitting up on the arm of the couch now.
Guy time, Rosie.” He repeated.
“I can fit in with the guys, easily.” I shrugged.
“No, no. It’s serious guy time!” Stiles tried again.
“Are you gay?” I quirked an eyebrow at him. He gasped, fully grabbing his mouth and everything this time.
“Wha-no! Why would you-? I don’t look gay!” Stiles screamed, pulling at his jacket, as if it were going to change my question.
“You don’t have to look gay to be gay. Look at Danny.” Stiles nodded, shrugging his shoulders, but then snapped out of it and frowned at me again.
“I am not gay and neither is Scott!”
“I didn’t ask if Scott was.” I smirked.
“Go finish your homework!”
“No.” He stopped and stared at me. “I’m tired of sitting at home while you and Scott go and have ‘guy time.’” I said, putting air quotes around guy time.
“We are practicing more!” He grabbed his stick, as if to emphasize it.
“You just came from practice!” I yelled back.
“I’ve never played a game…so Scott is helping me.” Stiles said, gripping the stick in both of his hands. I dropped my head a bit. I forgot about that.
“I can help too.” I said after a moment, lifting my head.
“You said yourself, Rosie,” Stiles looked up at me. “That you’re a cheerleader, not a lacrosse player.”
I shrugged. “Well, I like hockey, so I have an advantage you guys don’t. Hockey’s more physical and fast, I can teach you that.”
Stiles shook his head, still denying me. “Rosie, no. Go finish your homework, I’ll be home soon.”
“Stiles, please! I’m tired of sitting at home all the time!” He looked at me. “I sit at home every night while you and Scott go out and do whatever it is you do! I do my homework and go to sleep. Every night, by myself. No one is ever with me, Stiles. I’m bored and alone. You’re supposed to be supporting me and you’re always with Scott. Isaac helps me more than you do.”
“Why, because he kisses you?” Stiles seethed.
“No, because he shows me that he cares.” Stiles gapped at me. I’d really said it. “You never do that.”
“Jesus…” His head fell back.
“If you’re coming, you bring a weapon.”
“What?”
“Bring a weapon.”
“I don’t have…” He tilted his head at me, an eyebrow quirked up and a knowing smirk on his face.
Nerf gun.”
“Oh…I’ll be back.” I quickly grabbed it, but then snatched Isaac’s jacket and pulled it on.
“That’s not yours is it?” I slipped into the passenger seat.
“No. It’s Isaac’s.”
The entire ride, apparently towards the school, was silent. Stiles kept glancing at me, as if he were checking to see if I’m still here. Suddenly, he pulled into the parking lot and turned off his jeep.
“Wait here.” Stiles quickly undid his seatbelt and pushed the door opened.
“Wait-what?” I grabbed his jacket sleeve, turning him back to me.
“Don’t leave this car.” He pointed to the floor of his jeep, pulling his sleeve from my grasp.
“Stiles, I thought-”
“Stay in the car, Rosie. It’s for your own good.” He reached back and grabbed his lacrosse stick. He quickly got out, locking the jeep.
“What if I don’t want to!?” I screamed at him. But he ignored me and kept walking, soon disappearing into the school.
Into the school…what is he doing in the school…?
But then Scott peaked his head out and grinned at me, waving. I waved back slowly. This is getting really confusing.
So I sat in the jeep, tightening Isaac’s jacket around me and glancing around the parking lot.
Derek’s Camero was across the lot.
“Derek…? Isaac.”
Something slammed on the top of the jeep.
I let out a scream and grabbed the Nerf gun at my feet. I heard a sole growl and suddenly, there was a face in front of me. I screamed again, this time louder.

♒♋♊

Rosie quickly fell out of the jeep, now seeing the full extent of the creature on top of her brother’s jeep. A lizard looking body, a long tail that looked too dangerous to go near, a human looking face, but covered in scales, it had bared fangs that looked like a wolf’s.
She let out another scream and decided it smart to try and shoot it with her gun. It was not.
The creature let out a loud screech and Rosie was completely out of bullets. When the creature turned to her and let out a scream, she scurried to her feet and ran towards the school.
What neither of the two noticed, was the large man standing at the edge of the forest, watching his prey scurry into the school.
He had her now; and he was going to finish her and that wolf.
The creature jumped from the jeep to the school, scurrying around and slipping inside a now broken window. The alpha came from the woods, and walked into the school.
But Rosie was running. Her shoes could be heard but that wasn’t an issue at this point, to the others in the school, they believed it was Stiles.

♒♋♊

Rosemary
I slid around a corner and slammed my back against the wall, breathing hard.
“I’m gonna die…oh my fucking god, I’m gonna die…” My eyes fell closed as I repeated the mantra to myself. Then there was a noise beside me.
My head snapped over.
“I told you I’d find you, pretty. Or Goddess.”
I let out a shrill scream and took off running again.
But then I froze.
In front of me, were three more creatures.
They all looked like that man did. Extended claw, hair on their cheeks, and fangs bared. Except that all looked familiar. Each looked like someone I knew.
Isaac. Scott. Derek.
But none of them looked towards me, or seemed bothered by me. I shot a look back behind me to see it again. Looking just like he did when Isaac saved me life.
I had to run.
I shoved, bravely, between two of the creatures and down the hall. I turned corners and corners until the gym appeared in front of me. I saw a sign for a locker room and I bolted inside. I quickly maneuvered the locker room, finding it to be the boys’ lacrosse locker room, and hid in the deepest corner I could find, farthest from the door.
There was a roar. Then I could hear the fighting. Things slashed against the lockers and things hit the ground. The loud scrap of nails on metal rang through the school and I let out a scream, trying to cover my ears from the noise. There were four separate roars sounded from outside the locker room. But only one sounded pure vengeful.
What the hell is going on!?” I screamed.
But it was suddenly quiet.
There was no noises, no more fighting, no more smashing.
I let out a sob and began crying.

♒♋♊

Isaac
“Hey!” Stiles slipped at the end of the hall but quickly got up and ran to us. “Where’s the Kanima?”
“I don’t know. We lost it.” Derek seethed. Erica and Boyd came from around the corner, both looking like they’d been through hell. The Kanima hadn’t given them an easier time than the Alpha had us.
“Then where the hell is Rosie!? She’s not in the car!”
“We just saw her-the alpha, it was going to kill her. She-she saw us.” Scott panted.
“What!?”
“We were trying to protect her! If you’re going to try and yell at me over that, you can fucking find her yourself.” Derek growled, shoving Stiles against a locker.
“She ran between Scott and I. That way.” I pointed out behind us. Derek let Stiles down and looked at me, then behind us.
“She could be anywhere…” He said. Stiles’s face fell and he licked his lips, trying not to cry.
“We need to find her…the Kanima could kill her.”
“She’s not a threat. Why would it?” Scott asked
“She shot it, with a Nerf gun-”
“You made her bring a Nerf gun?” Scott asked.
“Yes! I just-I didn’t think it would find her…and she shot at it because she was probably scared. Her gun was laying on the ground beside the jeep…”
“And then the alpha confronted her…she’s going to be hiding.”
“I’ll check the front of the school.”
“I’ll-”
“No. Isaac, you come with me.” I stopped, shocked at how he was acting.
“Alright. Let’s go.” Scott and Derek took off for the front of the school.
“Can you…smell her?” Stiles asked me, still on the verge of tears.
“No. The alpha’s scent covers hers.” I shook my head. It was overbearing.
“She’s wearing your jacket.”
“Come on.” We went looking.
We looked through classrooms and classrooms, and soon we were in the gym.
“Hey-the locker room.” Stiles hit my arm and I looked over. The door was opened some. Stiles led the way and pushed the door open. We could both hear sobbing from somewhere in the locker room.
“Rosie?” It stopped. “Rosie?” Before I knew it, she was latched onto Stiles, crying.
“I wanna go home! Take me home, Stiles! I just wanna go home!”
“I know…I know…” Stiles tried comforting her, but she wouldn’t stop crying.
“Rosie-” Her head snapped up to me and her eyes widened.
She was out of Stiles’s arms faster than I could have ever imagined a human moving.
“Rosie, stop!” He grabbed her arm.
“Let me go! Get away from me!” But she wasn’t screaming at Stiles.
She was screaming at me.
“You’re a fucking monster!”
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter you've all been waiting for! Rosie found out! The hard way.
Now that she knows, and called Isaac a monster, how do you think she's going to act around everyone else? And the Alpha!? What a cocky bastard! He gets worse too. Don't you worry crimmy; I know how much you love this Alpha;
Thank you guys so much for all the amazing feedback on last chapter! I got seven comments and they were all amazing and supportive! So thank you to
VixonJade11
Albluerose
so delicately.
vasilisadragomir
SeasCatchFire
BBgirl123
and
crimmy for your lovely comments!
(all of those names have that red squiggly line under them except 'so delicately.' because they are registered in Google Chrome's dictionary XD)
I need four more comments before I post 13, and that will just as jam packed as 12 was! Maybe just a little less, though.
Sorry for the long author's note! (if you do read them...)
please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.