Do You Fear Me?

seventeen

“McCall, what’re you doing?” I let out a short giggle at Scott.
“Uh-playing, Coach?”
“I’m sure. Lahey, come on!”
Coach had me sitting up in the booth, making notes about the team. I was also trying to not stare at Isaac. Coach had given me the task of simply observing the team today, tomorrow he’d give me the schedule and the players’ numbers so I could remind them of games and such.
“Stilinski!” Both my and Stiles’s head shot up. “Not you, Rosie.”
“Aw-why don’t you call her Stilinski?” Stiles asked.
“Because she’s making herself useful. Get on the field!” Finstock shot his arm out to point to the field. Stiles trudged to the field.
“Rosie, how’s it going?”
“Great, Coach.” I called back. He went back to coaching and I was left, doodling on the page I was supposed to be taking notes on.
“That’s not notes.” I jumped, knocking the notebook off the table and looked up at Isaac.
“What’re you doing here?”
“Practice is over.” He chuckled in my ear.
“Stiles is gonna see you.” I whispered. Isaac bent down to grab the notebook.
“He’s in the locker room already.” Isaac kissed me, pulling me down to the floor of the booth. He was covered in sweat from a rough practice but it didn’t really matter to either of us as we laid on the floor, kissing and touching.
“Isaac?” He hummed at me, kissing my jaw. “Isaac, I-I think I love you.”
He stopped.
He pushed himself up to look at me.
“You think?”
“I-I think.”
“I guess it’s good that one of us knows for sure.” I barely had time to gasp before he pulled me against him, kissing me again and rolling on his back.
“I do love you, Rosie. Trust me on that.”
“I do…I do trust you.”

My hair was getting in the way. And I was trying to concentrate on my homework. But there were too many things distracting me; my hair, Isaac’s distinct smell surrounding me on his jacket and the chair, and the looming idea that Isaac actually loved me.
Loves me.
It’s not looming, because that’s bad, but it’s just sitting in my head, nagging me that I’m still scared of him when he’d shown me on numerous occasions that he was capable of containing that wolf and loving me.
“Rosie?” I looked up, Stiles standing in the doorway. “Do you have a dress for the formal?” I shook my head.
“Isaac and I never got a chance to go shopping.”
“Dad’s gone, and Isaac is downstairs.” I let out a squeal and hugged him.
“You’re the best ever.”
“Yea, yea. Get going. You have an hour.” I snatched my jacket and shoes before quickly getting downstairs. Isaac was waiting in the living room, glancing around.
“Hey.” He looked at me and grinned.
“Hey, we’ve gotta hurry, so come on.” I took his hand, waving at Stiles, and followed him out to his bike. Soon, we were in town, trying to find a dress for me to wear.

“What colour, Rosie?”
“I don’t know…blue?” I shrugged. Isaac chuckled, tightening his grip on my waist.
“What kind of blue?”
“Penguins…or Sharks.” I mumbled, looking through the dresses in front of me, the blue ones.
“I should learn hockey teams, shouldn’t I?” Isaac teased.
“Just my favourites.” I mused, pulling at a dress the colour of the old Penguins uniforms. “And their colours.”
“How many of those are there?”
“A few…” He chuckled, kissing my neck and taking the dress from my hands.
“This is pretty.”
“I dunno…” I shrugged again.
“You never know until you try it on.” I groaned. “I know you hate trying on clothes, but just do it. For me.” Isaac hissed my cheek.
“Fine.” He grinned, letting go of my hips and moving to find my size in the dress. He pulled it from the rack and took my hand, leading me to the dressing room. But instead of waiting outside, he walked in with me.
“Isaac, you can’t be in here with me.”
“Why not? It’s big enough for us both. And I want to help you get into it.”
“I can get it in by myself.”
“Not while I’m around.” He gave me a soft growl and kissed me, pushing me against the wall.
I moaned, but pulled away from him. “Isaac, I have to get the dress on.”
“Fine.” He jokingly sighed and let me undress. I could feel him watching me the entire time. I whole body was hot with blush and the idea of him watching me.
“Why’s your heart racing?”
“Why wouldn’t it be?” I turned to him, taking the dress.
“I make you that nervous?”
“No, you make me that hot.” He smirked at me, helping me get into the dress. He zipped it up and turned me to look at him.
“You look gorgeous. Like a goddess.” I don’t know whether he could tell that my heart skipped a beat when he said that. He turned me to look in the mirror, but he was right.
I did look like a goddess.
“Wow.”
“I’ll buy it, if that’s the one?”
“Yes. But you can’t-”
“I can. Come on, it’s almost time to have you back.” I let Isaac help me from the dress and I quickly got dressed again. Isaac paid for the dress and soon we were standing in at my front door.
“Stiles said he’d bring you over an hour before the formal.”
“Okay. Should I be dressed?”
“No. Erica’s gonna be there to help you get ready. Stiles didn’t want to make it obvious, so he’s packing his lacrosse bag with the dress and everything else.”
“I’ve never seen my brother so…helpful.”
“Well, he knows how much you mean to me.”
“How much you mean to me.” I corrected him, leaning up on my toes to kiss him softly. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Yup. I love you, Rosie.” He kissed me again, but instead of pulling back fully, he lingered, deciding whether to kiss me again or not.
“I love you too, Isaac.” I kissed him, once more, and turned to the door. I quickly got inside.
“I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“You already said that.” I teased, leaning in the doorway.
“Just need to confirm it.” He teased back. I giggled. “You’re dad’s gonna be here soon. Good night, my little canary.”
“Good night, my wolf.” I closed the door.
“Alright, let me see this thing.” Stiles took the dress from my hands and pulled the bag off.
“Nice…you’ll look beautiful in it.”
“Can’t we reason with Dad? It’s the formal.”
“The only way you could reason with him was if you went with Scott and not Isaac.”
“Oh…” I leaned against the door, letting my head fall back.
“I mean, you could try everything in your power to get him to let you off for a night, but it probably won’t work.”
“What could I say?” I asked, moving to sit beside Stiles on the couch.
“I dunno…”
“Maybe that you went a bought a dress.” My head snapped over to Dad.
“Dad, I’m sorry-I just-” His hand stopped me. I turned back to the front and sighed.
“I’ll return it tomorrow.”
“Don’t bother. Stiles is going anyway.”
“You’re gonna let me go?”
“Rosie, I love you, I’ve never had a daughter before. I guess…” He sighed, sitting in the chair near the couch. “I guess I overreacted a bit.”
“You had every right. I didn’t come home, I missed school, and you didn’t hear from me that I-I did that. And then Isaac snuck in that same night.” I curled my legs under me and looked over at Dad.
“Rosie, I understand. You’re still just a kid.”
“I still deserve to be grounded.”
“Maybe you do, but not have your phone taken away for a month.”
“Two.” Stiles spoke up, nodding his head slowly.
“Two months.” Dad corrected himself, staring Stiles down.
“Yea-I’m gonna go upstairs.” He all but jumped up and ran upstairs.
“Rosie, you have to understand the possible consequences of unprotected sex.” Dad leaned forward, resting his weight on his arms; resting on his knees.
“I know what they are. I spent that night crying when I got home. But-but Isaac told me, he told me that he would be there for me, no matter what.”
“I know he did, but sometimes, they don’t always keep to their word.”
“Dad, I’m not pregnant. And if I were, I would tell you. And even if I do. I’m sixteen, there is no way in hell…” My voice dropped. We went silent.
“I need to finish my homework.”
Dad didn’t speak as I got up and quickly trotted up the stairs to my room. I quickly shed the clothes I had worn all day and got into cheerleading shorts and a cheer shirt
A little after starting my homework, there was a knock and my door opened. Stiles came in and sat on my bed, sighing.
“Stiles, I really don’t have time for this. I have to finish my math homework and we have a test tomorrow in World History.”
Rosie, I want to talk to you.”
“About what, Stiles? I’m busy.”
“About Isaac.”
“What else is there to talk about, Stiles? We’ve had sex, we’re not dating, he’s taking me to the formal, what more do you want from me?”
“Not from you, from Isaac.”
“Then find him and interrogate him.”
“Rosie, I love you, but-”
“Will you stop scolding me?! You, Scott, Dad, everyone stop scolding me! I’m sixteen I can function just fine without all of you telling me what I’m doing wrong every fucking second of the day!”
“Lemme guess, Isaac doesn’t.”
“I’m sorry that he doesn’t. But he doesn’t.”
“Fine.” Stiles nodded, obviously angered by me, and got up; slamming my door behind him.
“Wow…just fucking perfect.” I slammed my math book closed and pulled my Sharks sweatshirt on before slipping downstairs.
“Where’re you going?”
“Out.” I slammed the door and quickly began down the street. No one followed me.
It didn’t really matter to me, I wanted to be alone.

It was getting dark. As if it wasn’t getting dark to begin with, it was nearly black out now. And I was lost. Again. I’ll probably never learn this town, though I’ll probably live here for the rest of my life.
But I’d gotten tired of walking and ended up in a park, sitting on a bench. There were a few lights from lampposts through the park, but they were all flickering.
I was scared, terrified, but I didn’t have a phone to call Stiles or Dad and no money to try and use a payphone.

The light went out.
All of them did.
My body went rigid and I quickly got up to try and follow the path.
The park was completely quiet, eerily quiet.
I began walking faster, nearly jogging, towards the front of the park.
Goddess…oh Goddess
Goddess, I know you can hear me. Don’t ignore me, Rosemary.

“Please leave me alone.”
Oh, Goddess, you are alone. All alone.
“I’m not alone.” I began running now, trying to find the street, but I couldn’t.
You won’t get out, Goddess, you’ll never get out. And I’ll get you.
My heart was pounding as I took off, off of the path, and was running towards what I thought was the road.
Goddess, don’t worry. I’ll always find you. I always know where you are. And then, I’ll get him. Do you know what I’ll do next, Goddess?
I continued to ignore him, running as fast as I could.
Answer me, bitch!
I let out a scream, tripping over something. I began tumbling down a hill, it was obvious that I wasn’t going towards the road, I’d landed myself in the woods.
I stopped, laying on my front, my hands out, trying to catch me.
“Do you know what I’m going to do then, Goddess?” My body froze. He touched my hair, brushing it back to look at my face. He smirked, taking something from my hair. “I’m going to bite you. And when you’re finally a wolf. I’ll cut you in half. And he will be watching you scream and cry. And he will watch you die.” I let out a whimper. Claws extended from his hand and he drug it down my side, slicing open my sweatshirt and my skin. I screamed.
“But you don’t know the best part, Goddess. His hands will be the one holding the sword.”
He stood up, wiping his claws on my sweatshirt, and disappeared into the woods.
I began crying, rolling on my back and ripping my sweatshirt off. I began pressing it against my side, trying not to make too much noise, but I needed someone to find me.
The pain was unbearable.

♒♋♊

Isaac
“She left two hours ago. I don’t know where she is.”
“Well, where might she be?” Derek asked, looking up at me.
“Oh, I don’t know, probably getting ice cream and shit-”
“She doesn’t know Beacon Hills, Derek. She’s probably lost and trying to find her way home. She’s going to get hurt. She’s gonna get herself hurt.”
Scott said, sounding more than worried on the phone.
“We can’t find her if we don’t have a basis.”
“It’s my fault…I always do this to her-”
“It’s not your fault, Stiles. She’s got a lot on her mind.”

“Can we just split up to find her?” I asked, interrupting their conversation.
“We can but it’ll be close to impossible to find her.”
“We’re werewolves, Scott. We can smell her and hear her.”
“Well then get your werewolf ass out there and find her!” Stiles screamed.
“We’ll find her. Don’t worry.” Derek said, hanging up. “Go. Now.” Erica and Boyd took a look at me and I ran off.

♒♋♊

Allison
“Why can’t she stay home for more than five minutes?”
“Lydia, you do the same thing.” I said, looking over at my best friend.
“Well-there are reasons…for that. Why do you have to go find her?”
“Because I can…she’s like Scott’s sister so…I have to help.”
“You don’t have to,” Lydia smirked. “You want to.”
“So what? She’s a nice girl, Lydia, you know her.”
“It’s gonna be nearly impossible to find her anyway.” Lydia shrugged, looking back and picking at the nail polish on her fingers.
“Well I’m pretty good at finding things. So, I’ll see you later.” I picked up the last dagger from the box, slipping it into my jacket without Lydia seeing, and closed it. “I’ll be back later.”
“Fine.” I hugged Lydia before slipping out the window, dropping to the ground.
The best place to look was probably the woods.

I’d been walking for nearly an hour. My bow was taunt at my side because frankly, these woods scared the crap outta me. I was about to give up and call Scott. Tell him that I hadn’t had any luck finding her.
But she’s like Scott’s little sister, I can’t just give up on him like that. He’d done the same thing for me when Lydia went missing.
Then I heard it.
A whimper and a short scream.
“Rosie?” Another whimper, but this time it sounded like she was trying to talk. “Rosie, is that you?” I slipped my bow away and pulled out a dagger.
“Allison…”
“Rosie, where are you!?” I began jogging towards the noise.
“Allison…” I saw her, laying on the ground, clutching a blue sweater to her side and letting out whimpers.
Rosie.” I fell beside her, dropping the dagger on the ground before taking the sweater away from her.
“Oh my god.”
There were three claw marks, trailing from her arm to her hips. The alpha had obviously done this.
“Rosie, I’m gonna get help.”
“Allison…” She sounded like she could barely talk. Like she was on her last leg.
I whipped out my phone and called Scott.
“Allison, did you find her?” His voice sounded hopeful.
“Yeah, she’s alive, but barely. She’s-it cut her.”
“It what?” Stiles caught onto the line. “It did what, Allison?”
“It cut from her arm to her hips, like, down her side, Scott, Stiles, she’s dying.”
“We’ll be there.” Scott rushed out, after a moment of silence.
“I’m at the edge of the woods, in the park.” I said, glancing around. She must have fallen down the hill and it found her here. Or it chased her here.
“We’ll be there soon. Keep her alive.”
“I’ll try.” I confessed.
“Don’t just try, Allison. Do it!”
“Stiles.”
The call ended.
I pressed the bloodied jacket to her side again and she let out a whine of pain.
“Allison, I can’t-”
“Yes you can, Rosie. Please…stay with me…” I heard a crack from behind me and spun around, throwing the dagger at whatever it was.
Ah-! Fuck!” Isaac dropped to the ground, yanking the dagger from his arm. He dropped it, watched it heal, and ran over to Rosie and I.
“You don’t have to throw shit.”
“I thought you were the alpha.” He ignored me, pulling away the jacket to see the marks. His face hardened.
“Isaac-”
“I’m gonna kill him.”
Not if I kill you first, Isaac.
Our heads snapped up at the voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here it is! That Alpha just makes you wanna find him and kill him, doesn't he? He's a pretty evil dude, if I say so myself.
But there's something bigger in this chapter.
Rosie loves him! Rosie admitted that she loves him!
Where do you think this'll take them? Maybe she'll finally get over herself? You never know!
Thank you to
so delicately.
CrazyPebbles21

and AlexAddiction
for your comments, they are always appreciated!
Before I post 18, I'm gonna need five comments.
please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.