Do You Fear Me?

nineteen

I rolled over in bed. Dad required me to stay home, again, so that my side could have a little bit to heal a bit.
As if I’m a werewolf and it’ll heal magically. Wouldn’t that be a dream right now. No pain, no scar, not a single drop of-
“You don’t want to be like this, Rosie.” I glanced up at Scott.
“I wasn’t thinking about that.” I rolled back on my other side, but groaned and fell on my back.
“Yes you were. You could tell by your face.”
“Someone spends too much time alone.” I grumbled, looking away from him.
“No, it’s obvious. You don’t want to be this, Rosie.”
“Scott, can you leave me alone? I ate, you can go back now.” Scott had come during his free period/lunch to get me something to eat, since Dad had decided that I shouldn’t do anything more than go to the bathroom and shower by myself. Which meant I also had help getting to and in both the bathroom and shower.
“Yeah.” He got up, taking his backpack, and looked at me. “Stop thinking about it. Because no one that is like this will ever offer it to you.”
“I’ll be fine.” I pulled my blankets over my face and heard Scott leave. I laid there, like that, for a while.
I was almost asleep when I heard something electrically trip and the lights flicked off. I threw the blankets off of me and sat up.
“Stiles?” I glanced around, but my room was black dark. The curtains I had on the windows were darkening curtains and now they seemed like a bad idea.
“Dad?” I got up, slowly rising. I clutched my side, feeling the full effect of the infected cuts. “Dad!?” I got to my door and pulled it open. All the lights were off.
“Scott?” A creak made me snap around, to look down the hall, but no one was there. There was the sound of nails on the wall, like claws. “Isaac? This isn’t funny.” A soft growl filled the air and I felt my spine stiffen. I stepped back into my room but my back hit a hard plate, or chest.
I didn’t dare look up. I knew exactly what was standing behind me, not only because it was the only other thing that might kill me, but because of the tail wrapped around my right ankle.
But I let out a scream as it tightened its grip around my ankle and yanked me to the ground.

♒♋♊

Scott
“How is she?”
“Fine. A little angry.”
“About what?”
“I said something about the look on her face.”
“What was it? A doubtful, I hate Scott McCall look?” I scowled at him but Stiles grinned back.
“No. It was a, I wish I didn’t have to deal with this, look. As if she were asking to become a wolf.”
“And instead of being like Derek, you told her no, right?”
“Yes. Do you really think-I can’t bite someone anyway, I’m a beta.”
“Pretty sure you’re an omega.” Erica smirked as she walked by, Boyd following her. I growled at her, but she wasn’t fazed.
“You think she’ll be fine until I get home?”
“Probably. If not, she’ll text you or me.”
“Or Isaac.”
“Have you seen Jackson?” Allison and Lydia came running up to us.
“What?”
“Jackson, he’s not here today.”
“Okay…”
“You two, out of everyone I know, aren’t worried about that?” Allison accused.
“No. It’s not like he’d…I’ll see you guys later.” Stiles took off running down the hall.
“Where is he going?”
“To his house…because the Kanima isn’t fond of Rosie.” I took off after him.

“Rosie!?” Stiles ran up the stairs. I could smell remnants of the Kanima, but it was gone by now.
Scott!” I quickly ran upstairs. Rosie was laying on the ground, seemingly dead.
But her heart was still beating, slowly, but beating.
“Is she alive?”
“Yeah. She’s fine. It just paralyzed her.”
“Thank god.” Stiles pulled her onto her back and he pulled her into his arms.
“How much longer until you can stop him?”
“Just a little longer. We’re going to the show to try and get him.”
I helped him get Rosie onto her bed, but there didn’t seem to be any other problems with her. Her stitches seemed fine too. The only problem was her being paralyzed.
“You think that’ll work?”
“Yeah…but I’m gonna need your help too.”
“I know…”

♒♋♊

Coach Finstock quickly threw open the locker room door. And as it slammed shut, the team looked up.
“Can anybody tell me where the hell Jackson is? And why he missed morning practice!?”
Stiles turned to Scott and whispered, “I thought I told you to keep an eye on him?” But his whispers weren’t quiet enough because Finstock’s head snapped to him.
“Stilinski! Jackson!”
“Sorry, Coach, I haven’t seen him since him since the last time I saw him.”
“Oh,” The Coach stuttered. “W-when was that?”
“The last time I saw him?” Stiles swallowed hard. “Definitely the time I saw him last.” Scott stared at his best friend, but Stiles just shook his head, trying to get Scott to go along with him.
Coach Finstock went on to ignore Stiles and leaned down to Danny.
“Again, Danny! Tell Jackson no missing practices close to the championship, okay?”
“Sure, Coach.” Danny replied. Finstock stood up then, going to his office.
“That goes for all of you.” He called out. But them mumbled to himself. “I should be coaching college.” He closed the door.
Stiles and Scott leaned over to Danny, still trying to bribe Danny out of his tickets to the show that night.
“Sorry, but I only got two myself.” Danny apologized.
“What-do you even have a date yet?” Stiles gapped out.
“I’m working on it.” Danny confessed.
“Okay, okay. Hear me out. Give us the tickets and you devote your life to abstinence.” Stiles tried.
But in the background, Isaac shook his head.
He went to the boys and grabbed them by the backs of their pennies and pulled them back. Stiles scowled at him, not only because it was Isaac, but because how he’d treated them.
“And just, how do you two losers even survive?” Isaac asked, turning to look at each Stiles and Scott at least once.
“What’re we supposed to do? No one’s even selling?” Scott asked, looking back at the beta.
The three boys then looked up, watching two boys exchange tickets for money.
“Wait here, boys.” Isaac pushed through them, patting Stiles’s chest as he walked, and went up to their teammate.
“Where is he…?” Scott and Stiles watched as Isaac began beating the boy, slamming him against the lockers and punching him.
“Ow…Oh my…yup…” Stiles could only mutter to himself while watching. Scott didn’t speak, just staring in awe of Isaac, the same boy who had treated his ‘sister’ as a princess, beat the living shit out of their teammate.
“Oh, that’s excessive…and that’ll bruise.” Stiles let out another sound of pain, for the boy’s sake, before Isaac came back, pressing the two tickets into Stiles and Scott’s chest.
“Enjoy the show.” Isaac smirked, walking between the two again. Scott stared at the boy Isaac had just beaten, still a little shocked.

♒♋♊

Scott looked at the bottle.
“Ketamine?”
It’s the same stuff we use on dogs, just a higher dosage.” Deaton picked up a large tranquilizer needle. “If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down. Enough to buy you some time.” He explained.
“This is some of what you’ll use to create a barrier. This part if for you, Stiles. Only you.” Deaton slammed the jar, filled with what looked like black dust, on the table.”
“Uh-that sounds like a lot of pressure, can we maybe find a slightly less pressured-filled job task for me?” Scott gave Stiles a look.
“It’s from Mountain Ash tree. Which if believe by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble.” Deaton spoke, almost ignoring Stiles’s unsure words.
“Okay, so then what? I just spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever’s controlling him can’t cross it?” Stiles asked the vet.
“They’ll be trapped.” Deaton nodded.
“Doesn’t sound too harsh.”
“Not all there is, think of it like gunpowder, it’s just a powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles.”
Stiles stared up at Deaton, believing his job to be much more than what he’d first believed.
“If you mean light myself on fire, I don’t think I’m up for that.”
Deaton smiled at the teen.
“Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to do. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary, what the force of your own will can accomplish.” Stiles’s mouth hung open, seeming to not understand.
“Force of Will…”
“If-if this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe it.” Stiles nodded, humming out an answer to Deaton.

♒♋♊

Rosemary
“I am not going with you. Not near that thing.”
“See, she understands.” Stiles muttered, throwing a hand towards me.
“Please, Rosie, we need all the help we can get.”
“I am not going within a fifteen mile radius of that thing, Scott!” He sighed again.
For the longest time, meaning about an hour or two, Scott had been trying to get me to go to this secret show with him, Stiles, and Isaac. It was an apparent plan to catch and ‘save’ the Kanima.
“You don’t even know who he is.” Scott pointed out.
“I don’t want to!”
“It’s Jackson, Rosie.” Stiles said, sitting next to me.
“Wh-Jackson? As in captain of the lacrosse team Jackson?” I looked over at him, then to Scott.
“Yes. Well, co-captain Jackson, but it’s-you get it.” Stiles rambled out.
“Nope. No way in hell. I will get hurt. Paralyzed again!”
“We promise you won’t. Scott will be there, Isaac will be there, Erica will be there, everyone will be there.”
“Does it look like I care?” I asked the two, dragging out my words and pointing to my face.
“She’s got a good point.” Stiles muttered to Scott, seemingly appreciating my sarcasm.
“Stiles, shut up. Rosie, please. You won’t get hurt!”
“I don’t believe you, Scott!” I yelled, standing up to leave the room and conversation.
“You have to, because we got Deaton’s help so we can stop him.” Scott grabbed me and pulled me back into my seat.
“And what do you want me to do if I see him? Blow a damn dog whistle?”
“Please don’t do that.” Scott begged.
“I should buy one…that could be a punishment for you all.” I mused.
“Rosie, please listen.” He begged, again.
“I have been listening. The one who hasn’t been listening is you. I will not help you.”
“Then what says it won’t come after you instead of going to the show?”
“B-because it has better things to do than go after a girl who shot at it with a Nerf gun.” I stood up again and left the room. Scott didn’t stop me this time.
“Plus.” I glanced back into the living room, where Scott and Stiles were trying to figure out something. “I’m grounded and I need to heal more. And I don’t think a rave party is the best place for an injured canary like me.” I rolled my eyes.
“Canary?” Stiles looked up at me.
“It-Isaac calls me that. Good luck tonight.” I hugged Stiles and Scott before slipping upstairs.

♒♋♊

“You okay?” Scott looked over at his best friend, who hadn’t spoken a word since he’d gotten into the car.
“Yeah, why?”
“You just didn’t say anything the whole way here.”
“No, I’m fine. Let’s grab the other bag.”
“I can’t. Remember Deaton said you have to do it alone.”
“Okay, this plan is really starting to suck.” Stiles took the bag from his jeep and looked up, but Scott was preoccupied with something across the building.
“No…not here, not now.” Scott took off running.
“What? Scott! What am I supposed to-plan officially sucks.” Stiles yelled out at his best friend.
Meanwhile, Erica and Isaac had entered the building, trying to find Jackson. Allison and Matt make their way into the middle of the dancing crowd, to do just that, dance. Scott is watching carefully, but Allison saw him anyway.
“Hey, Matt, can you give me a second?” Matt nods and Allison is gone, walking to Scott. Matt could easily see.
“What’re you doing?”
“You told me to go out with him.”
“No. Not here. You don’t get it. We have a plan.” Scott explained to her, but Allison stares in confusion.
“You have a plan? Okay, okay, my father and Gerard. They’re coming here.”
“What did you tell them?” Though the two were trying their best to hide, behind a pillar and in a darker section of the warehouse, they weren’t doing a good job.
“I-” Allison stuttered. “I had to tell them.”
“Oh my god, they know it’s Jackson.”
“People are dying, Scott. What am I supposed to do?” Allison can feel her tears begin to well.
“You are supposed to trust me.”
“I trust you more than anyone.”
“We’ve-we had a plan.” Scott said, trying to grasp the idea in his head.
“So do they.” Allison cried.
“This isn’t going to work.” Scott looks away from Allison.
“What do you want me to do? Okay, I can-I can fix it. Please, please, Scott. Just tell me.”
“Just stay out of the way!” Scott screamed.
“Scott!”
Stay out of the way!” He screamed again. Allison feels her shoulders slump and her heart break.

Outside of the party, Stiles stood, holding the bag of mountain ash, slowly walking and lining it around the outside of the building. But a family of hunters comes from a car.
Looking up at the sky, Gerard says, “Careful, gentleman, something wicked this way comes.” Each hunter gives Gerard a strange look, even Chris Argent.
Inside, Isaac is talking to Scott about Jackson.
“Why me?”
“Because I gotta make sure the Argents don’t completely ruin the plan. Okay, look, you better do it intravenously, which means in the vein. When you find him, you pull back on this plunger right here. In the neck, probably is going to be the easiest. So you find the vein, you jam it in there, and pull back on the trigger. Be careful.”
Isaac chuckled at Scott. “Oh, I doubt it’ll even slightly hurt him.” Scott pursed his lips, the beta wasn’t taking him seriously.
“No. I mean you. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Isaac’s smirk fell and a worried look washed over his face. He couldn’t get hurt, for Rosie’s sake.

“Derek. Back off.” Derek scoffed at the hunter.
“Back off? That-that’s really all you’ve got? I got to be honest, Chris. I was expecting more from the-uh-big bad veteran werewolf hunter.”
“Okay, then. How about, didn’t anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gunfight?” Chris Argent cocked his gun.
“Yeah, that one sounded pretty good.” Derek looked over at his beta, disappointed in his not so witty comeback. Derek and Boyd quickly ducked behind something. The Argents had begun firing at the wolves.
Inside the warehouse, Jackson was stalking towards the girl who had organized the secret show.
But Erica stopped him, trying to seduce him with a dance. She did. He quickly pulled her against him but Isaac came behind Erica.
Their dance became heated, Jackson kissing Erica’s neck, Isaac mimicking his actions. Far in the back of his mind was Rosemary. But between Erica’s heated seduction of Jackson, and seemingly Isaac’s as well, Isaac slipped the tranquilizer into his hand. But Jackson was no fool, he saw the needle and sank his claws into the two wolves.
Both dropped to the ground in pain.
“She belongs to me,” Jackson growled.
Stiles was outside, ringing the building. The bag of mountain ash was making his line. But what he couldn’t see was the Argents still firing at Derek and Boyd, but now, Derek and Boyd had behind to fight back. And a howl was heard from Derek.
He’d been hit.
But he didn’t falter in his fight. He didn’t stop until he felt a shock of electricity into his side and he was electrocuted.
Stiles continued to walk around the building, and Jackson stalked closer to his prey. Stiles stared in shock of himself. There wasn’t enough mountain ash to finish the circle.
“Oh, no…”


♒♋♊

Jackson was zeroing in on his target, the girl being the only thing in his sight. But he couldn’t see Isaac muster up the rest of his strength and energy to grab the tranquilizer, after it had been kicked away. He stumbled towards Jackson and stabbed the needle into his neck, tackling him to the floor.

Scott leaves the warehouse, his phone pressed to his ear. He barely has a chance to look over before car lights flash in his face and the car hits him.

“Scott…pick up…pick up now…” Scott didn’t. So Stiles spoke to his voicemail. “Look, I got, like, fifty feet of ash left and I’m out. Okay? So got to get your wolf ass down here to help me because I don’t know what to do and I’m standing out here and I’m-and I’m all alone and I’m hearing gunfire and werewolves, and I’m-and I’m standing here like a fricking idiot all by myself with a handful of magic fairy dust. And I don’t have enough, okay!?” Stiles shoved his phone back in his pocket, staring at his dust filled fist.
“Okay…come on, think. Um-okay. He said you got to believe…you need to believe. Come on, believe, Stiles. Just-uh-just picture it. Just imagine it working, okay? Just…” He glances over, seeing a bumper sticker on a car.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge – Einstein
“…Imagine…” He lets his eyes close and he slowly begins down the line, dropping the rest of the mountain ash from his hand. Once gone, he opens his eyes, finding the entirety of the warehouse completely circled.
He wasn’t even near the end of the line.
Yes!” Stiles began laughing, screaming. He began to jump around, but jumps on the hood of an unknown truck and the alarm begins to go off.
He quickly ends his celebration and runs from the car, back into the rave.

♒♋♊

Scott opened his eyes slowly, the entire room around him blurry, but he can see Allison Argent’s mother, Victoria Argent, watching him.
“You probably recognize this device. Pot used to be smoked in a rolled up piece of paper. These days, it seems like all you kids are given a free vaporizer with your medicinal marijuana card. Hmm…this type of wolf’s bane is one of my favourites. Lovely smell. You probably won’t think so.”
“What-what are you doing?”
“Isn’t it obvious?” Victoria smirked. “I’m killing you.”

♒♋♊

Erica shut the door and sighed. Isaac had had to drag Jackson into a different room from the party. Neither realized who was coming towards them, so both dropped into a defensive position.
“Uh-no, no, no! Just me! It’s just me! Don’t freak. Is he okay?” Stiles stuttered out, holding his arms out to the two werewolves.
“Well, let’s find out.” Isaac looked over at Jackson and moved towards him. He let out his claws and scratched the kanima. But the creature reacted by grabbing Isaac’s wrist, breaking the bones one by one.
Isaac let out a scream, “God!” And snatched his hand back, moving to stand beside Stiles.
“Okay, no one does anything like that again? Okay?”
“I thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out.” Isaac asked, cradling his wrist.
“Yeah, well, apparently, this is all we’re going to get. So let’s just hope whoever is controlling him just decided to show up tonight.”
Jackson’s eyes shot open, but it wasn’t Jackson speaking.
“I’m here. I’m right here with you.”
The three teenagers looked at each other in shock.

♒♋♊

“It’s going to look like an accident. Like you had an asthma attack and you couldn’t get to your inhaler in time. Your school records show you have a pretty severe case of asthma.”
Stop!” Scott was coughing hard.
“Too late, it looks like it’s already working.” Scott tried to get up, to fight Victoria, but she only had to kick him over and he groaned and couldn’t fight any more.

♒♋♊

Inside the rave, Matt and Allison danced together.
Matt whispered in her head, “Want to move closer to the DJ?” Allison only nodded, still feeling heartbroken over Scott and how he’d treated her. But in her sadness, she collided with another partygoer, finding it to be her chemistry teacher, Mr. Harris.
He scowled at the teen, who looked at his date in shocked.
“She’s 21. I told you I’d see a student here.” Harris growled, pulling his date along and trying to get away from his students.

“I think I stopped healing.” Boyd grasped his side in pain.
“Bullets-” Derek gasped out. “They’re laced with wolf’s bane You’ve gotta get to the car.”
“What about you?” Boyd questioned, trying to stand up.
“I have to find Scott. Go. Go!”

“Jackson…” Stiles called. “Is that you?”
“Us. We’re all here.” It wasn’t Jackson speaking, still.
“Are you the one killing people?”
“We are the ones killing people.”
“So all the people you’ve killed are so far…?” Stiles questioned the creature.
“Deserved it.”
“So we got a little rule book that says you only go after murderers.”
“Anything can break if enough pressure’s applied.” Jackson said.
“All right, so the people you’re killing are all murderers then?”
“All. Each. Every. One.
“Well, who did they murder?” Stiles questioned him.
“Me.” The word sent chills down Stiles’s spine. The two wolves behind him shook at the word as well.
“Wait-what do you mean?”
“They murdered me.” Erica and Isaac stood up quickly. Jackson had begun to turn.
“They murdered me.”

“Not having a good time, are you?” Matt asked Allison, who was in fact, not having a good time at all.
“Ever feel like you have only the best intentions but you’re just making one mistake after another?” She asked.
“No.” Matt chuckled. “Unlike the rest of humanity, I’m perfect.” The two began to laugh. But then, Matt did make a mistake.
He kissed Allison.
“Uh…-I’m-I’m sorry. That-that was-that was a huge mistake. I’m-I’m sorry, Allison.”
“No, it’s okay…it’s okay…Actually, it’s not okay. But I have to go. And make a call, so-” Allison turned and quickly left Matt standing in the middle of the floor.

“Okay, alright. More ketamine. The man needs ketamine. Come on.” Stiles chanted, looking at Isaac for the drug. But he only raised an empty bottle.
“We don’t have anymore.”
“You used the whole bottle?” Stiles snatched the bottom from him. “Why the hell does my sister love you?” Erica pat Stiles on the shoulder as they watched Jackson stand, nearly fully turned. He snarled at them.
“Um…-okay, out. Everybody out.” Stiles was the first person out of the room, Isaac and Erica following willingly.
“Go, go, go, go!”
“Okay, find something to move in front of the door.” But the Kanima rushed through the wall of the room, slipping into the party to kill its intended target.
“Hey, um, so we kind of lost Jackson inside, but it’s-” Stiles lowered his phone, seeing the two wolves, Isaac and Erica, unable to leave the warehouse.
“Oh my god, it’s working…oh, this is-I did something!” He began cheering.

"Alpha…beta…but what are you, Scott? An omega. Don’t you know the lone wolf never survives without a pack? I’ve heard the cry of an omega. It’s a miserable sound. The howl of a lone wolf.”
“I’m not.” Scott whispered.
“What? What is it?”
“I’m not alone.” Scott let out a growl, and then a loud howl. He began coughing.
But outside, Derek’s ears perked at the sound of Scott’s howl.
“Scott?” He questioned, out loud.
“What?” Stiles asked.
“Break it.”
“What? No way.” Stiles argued, knowing his task had gone so well.
“Scott’s dying.” Derek tried to reason.
“Okay, what? How do you know that?”
“Oh my god, Stiles! I just know! Break it!” Derek demanded.
“Ah-” Stiles broke the barrier and Derek ran into the building to find Scott.

“Allison…please tell her I’m sorry…” Derek ran into the room. Victoria was nowhere in sight, but she hit Derek across the back of the head, hidden behind the door.
They began to fight, hand to hand combat, but Victoria let out a scream and rushed from the room.
Derek began coughing, but picked up Scott and carried him from the room.
“Rosie, meet me at Deaton’s.” Stiles demanded into his phone.
“Stiles-”
“Do it, Rosie!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Bam! Here is 19 and 20 put into two chapters. I did cut off the bottom part to leave a cliffhanger! I doubt it's an amazing cliffhanger, but it is one!
Thank you so much to crimmy, who made my day yesterday with her comments.
Also, a big thank you to
vasilisadragomir
CrazyPebbles21
AlexAddiction
so delicately.
cookiebear
(whom I'm sorry to because I didn't reply to her, thank you so much for calling me wonderful.)
and obviously crimmy.
All your comments make my day and life a little bit better each day. Nothing makes me more excited than seeing someone commented on my story.
I'm going back to school Tuesday, so the updates will be distanced and I did semi, not-really, but-tried-to, fixed my computer, so the updates will come probably every other day, unless I get a good time slot in between my schoolwork and cheerleading practices.
On that note, I would love if you guys could give me five comments before I post the rest of 20.
please and thank you
-Galaxy.

ps. vasilisadragomir, glad to make your day, your story Your Soldier is awesome!