Do You Fear Me?

twenty-one

Rosie? Isaac, dinner’s ready?” I sighed, closing my math book over my notebook and pushing Isaac.
“Hey.” He whimpered, getting up from my bed.
“Baby.”
“Maybe you should be nicer.” He teased, pushing me back down on the bed and kissed me. My back arched back over the bed and my arms hooked around his neck.
“Rosie! Isaac!” Isaac groaned but let me go and let me take his hand to pull him downstairs.
“Did you make this, Dad?”
“Yes, as a matter of fact, I did.” I smiled at him. Isaac sat beside me and looked up at my dad.
“Now, you two are going to the formal. What’s it actually like, Isaac?”
“Uh-” Isaac looked at me, worried. I grinned and giggled at him. “Just a normal dance…”
“Sounds fun.”
“Should be.” I added. “My first time going to a dance.”
“Really? Well, I hope you two have fun. And I hope that you show Rosie respect-”
“Dad.” He looked up at me. “Isaac, maybe-”
“I understand, Rosie.” I stood up, beside Isaac and took his hand. We wandered upstairs, where I sit on my bed as Isaac pulls his jacket on.
“Isaac, I’m sorry…” He looked up at me, picking up his books. He gave me a smile and shook his head.
“Rosie, I’m not mad. I understand why he’s acting like that.”
“He shouldn’t be that rude.”
“He’s your father.” He leaned down, kissing me. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He left my room and I heard the front door open and close.
It’d been two days since the rave. I heard that another person was killed by Jackson and that they were still looking for the person who might be controlling Jackson.
“Dad?” He looked up from the dishes. “I…I want you to really meet Isaac.”
“I have met him.” He grumbled, returning to his washing.
“No. I want you to sit down and actually talk to him.” I said, lifting myself up on the counter beside him.
“Then what do you want to do about it?” Dad stopped, turning to me.
“I wanna have dinner. You, me, Stiles, Scott, and Isaac.”
“Melissa.”
“Okay. But I want to have a dinner where you don’t treat him like a suspect.”
Dad lifted his head, away from the dishes again. “I don’t treat him-” I tilted my head at him. “Okay. Fine. When?”
“What about Saturday?” I shrugged. “I’ll make dinner and you can invite Melissa and Scott.”
“Fine.”
“Fine.”
I slid off the counter and went back up to my room, to finish my homework.

I fell into my seat beside Stiles and sighed.
“We have a dinner-”
“Saturday. I know”
“Dad talked to you then.”
“Yup.” He turned back to his conversation with Scott and I rolled my eyes leaning back.
“Isaac?” He looked up. He was sitting a table or two away, but I knew he could hear me. “We’re having a dinner Saturday. You, me, Stiles, Scott and our parents.” He nodded, giving me a small smile. I smiled back.
The rest of the day was quiet.
Until I was heading to lacrosse practice.
“Hey, uh, Rosie?” I stopped short and Jackson was forced to slam me against the wall. I gasped, dropping Finstock’s notebook and my bag.
“Sorry,” He gave me a smirk.
“Jackson, shouldn’t you be at practice?”
“I’m captain, they’ll be fine.”
“I’m pretty sure you’re co-captain. With Scott.” He let out a short growl.
“He took that from me.”
“He earned it.” Jackson growled louder, pushing me against the wall. His hands wrapped around my wrists and lowered them to my sides.
“You know, Rosie. I’m a lot better of a man then Lahey is.” He released my left wrist and reached up to stroke my hair.
“If this is you displaying your manhood over his, I’d hate to see what it really looks like.” He growled again.
“You don’t scare me.” My voice didn’t falter, though inside I’m shaking like a leaf.
A loud snarl ripped through the air and Jackson and I looked up. I couldn’t see his face, but his silhouette told me it was Isaac.
“What d’you want?”
“I want you to take your hands off my girlfriend, that’s what.” Jackson let out a hearty laugh.
“She’s not-”
“Yes I am.” Both Isaac and Jackson looked down at me. “Yes I am.” Jackson growled softly.
“I bet you are.” He pushed off the wall and shoved past Isaac. I sunk to the ground, to gather my notebook and bag.
“Are you okay?” Isaac took my hand and helped me up.
“I’m fine…” Isaac turned my hand over and I felt him go tense. “Isaac-”
“He left a bruise on you.”
“I know he did.” I pulled my hand back. “But that’s what you’re here for.” I leaned up and kissed him. “I’ve never had a boyfriend before.” I murmured, not moving back from him.
“To be honest, I’ve never had a girlfriend before either.” He chuckled, giving me the same soft smile.
“Stilinski! Lahey!” Isaac chuckled, kissing me again before turning and pulling his helmet on to run to the field. I quickly got to Finstock’s side, opening the book to take note.

♒♋♊

I turned in the mirror.
“You look fine, Rosie, come on!” I groaned but listened to my brother. “Isaac’s here.”
“Alright. Can you get Scott and-?”
“They’re here too. Everyone’s in the living room.” I let out a breath and sat back on my bed.
“You really want this to work?”
“Well, yeah…I-I love him, Stiles…”
“I know you do.” Stiles sat beside me. “Don’t worry, it’s gonna be fine.”
“I just…I want Dad to like him. I want them to get along.”
“I know you do. But, Dad did just arrest him for possibly killing his father.” Stiles said, giving me a goofy smile and a playful tone. I smiled.
“I know.” I took a deep breath.
“Alright. Let’s go.” I stood up, taking Stiles’s hand, and led him downstairs.
“You look gorgeous, Rosie.” Melissa stood up first and hugged me.
“Thank you, Ms. McCall.”
“Melissa.” I hugged Scott and turned to Isaac.
On his face was a shit-eating grin and I couldn’t help but grin back.
“You are perfect.” He mumbled, pulling me hard against him and kissing the side of my head. “You’re also short.”
“Don’t even.” I punched his arm but took his hand.
“I hope you all like rigatoni. Because I love it and that’s what I made.”
“Of course you did.” Scott said, laughing.
“Come on.” Dad smiled at me as I passed him and I let go of Isaac’s hand to hug him.
“He’s a good kid. Trust me.”
“I do trust you. I also did-”
“Arrest him on suspicion that he killed his father. I know. But he has a big heart.”
“So I hear.” I followed him into the kitchen and grabbed the food before going into the dining room and setting it on the table.
“So…when’s the next game?” Dad asked.
“Thursday.” Isaac answered. “I wanted to ask if maybe Rosie could come…”
“I mean, that’s fine with me. I could use a nice game.”
“That’d be perfect.” Stiles said.
“Who’re we playing?” Melissa asked.
“The Cougars.” I said. “You know, Isaac. I have to go anyway. I’m Coach’s assistant.” His face went red.
“I-I always forget…”
“I’ll just be right there laughing when Finstock goes on about losing the ball again.” Scott, Stiles, Isaac, and I began laughing, knowing Finstock would do just that.
“How’s school, Rosie?” Melissa asked, after our laughter had died down.
“Alright. I hate AP classes, but…they’re there.”
“Where do you plan on going to college?” She continued.
“To be honest…” I flicked my gaze to Isaac, who was now staring at me. He was as interested in my answer as Melissa probably was. If not, more. “I don’t really know. I was looking at schools closer to San Jose. But I like Beacon Hills so much.” I finally looked up at Isaac.
“Are you going to college?” Scott asked.
“I want to.”
“What about you, Isaac?” Dad asked, looking at him.
“Um…I don’t really know. Yet.”
“Well, you’re only a sophomore. You’ve got time.” Melissa said, saving Isaac another answer.
“True.”

The rest of dinner was perfect. Dad seemed to take a liking to Isaac. As much as a liking as a father will take to his daughter’s boyfriend.
Oh, we went over that too. Nearly forcing me to confess that I had, in fact, agreed to be Isaac’s girlfriend. Not that I have a problem with it.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Isaac leaned down, kissing me.
“Yeah. Friday’s the formal too…”
“Shit. I have to ask your dad something.” Isaac turned from me and asked Dad if he could talk to him privately.
“What is Isaac talking to Dad about?” Stiles asked quietly, slipping beside me.
“Hell if I know…”

♒♋♊

Isaac
“Mr. Stilinski?”
“Yes, Isaac?”
“I wanted to actually ask you…if I could take Rosie to the formal. I-it’s just something I learned from my mother. I wanted your approval.” He gave me a soft smile. Almost fatherly.
“Yeah, Isaac. You can take her.”
“I also wanted to know if…you’d like to take pictures?”
“Here?”
“Yes, sir.”
“Sure. It’s her first dance and I’d like to get some pictures. But-” I looked up at him. “You take care of my little girl.” He slapped his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. “If Stiles comes home and he tells me that you did one, little disrespectful thing to Rosie, there will be hell to pay.”
“Yes, sir.” I nodded, swallowing hard.
I might be a werewolf, but my girlfriend’s father still scared the shit out of me.
“Good then. Thank you for treating her right, Isaac.”
“You’re welcome.”

♒♋♊

Rosemary
“Dad?” He stopped short, looking into my room. “What did Isaac ask you?” He gave me a smile.
“I think that’s between me and him.”
“He didn’t ask you if he could marry me, did he?” I jokingly asked, raising an eyebrow. He laughed.
“No. Because I would have said no and you would have heard it.” I laughed.
“Okay. Good night.”
“Good night, kid.” I laid back on my bed, picking up my newly reacquired phone.
Good night. I love you.
I blushed and turned on my side.
Good night, wolfy. I love you too.
Canary
Wolf
You already called me that.
Too bad. :p
Shouldn’t you be sleeping? I’m sure you have school tomorrow and a morning practice. Good night, little canary
So do you. Good night, big wolf

I dropped my phone on my nightstand and rolled on my other side, pulling my shark against me snug.
But my phone vibrated again. I groaned and reached over to grab it. I squinted my eyes to see the screen but the second it came in clear, I let out a scream and dropped my phone, hearing it hit the floor.
Glad to see we’ve gotten out communication skills together again, Goddess. I look forward to seeing you again, pretty.
“Rosie!? Rosie!?” Both Dad and Stiles rushed into my room. Stiles grabbed me, hugging me against his chest and Dad picked up my phone.
“Rosie, who is this?” He growled, setting my phone down on my desk.
“Dad-we don’t know…” Stiles confessed.

The next morning, I was a wreck.
It was hard for me to stay awake and Stiles had to let me sleep in his room with him so that I could get some form of sleep.
And Isaac still didn’t know.

“Rosie…what’s wrong?” I looked up at his voice.
I’d been sitting on the ground in the library, hidden in the bookshelves.
“It texted me again. That fucking alpha!
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, okay,” Isaac knelt to the ground beside me, lowering my voice with his hands. “What did it say?”
“It-he said that he was glad I’d gotten my phone back. And that he looks forward to seeing me. Isaac, I don’t wanna die.”
“Rosie, you’re not gonna die.”
“Can’t-can’t Derek help? He’s an alpha too.” I sniffled, wiping my face with my sleeve.
“Yeah, but,” Isaac chuckled, pulling me into his lap. “Alphas can’t just find each other. They can sense others but they can’t just find each other. That’s not how alphas work.” He told me, rubbing my arms and back.
“Well-they need better communication skills.” He chuckled again.
“I agree. Mind reading would be awesome.”
“Isaac, it’s gonna kill me.”
“It’s not gonna kill you. You have a pack on your side. He doesn’t.”
“But he had one! When he killed my family! There was another with him.”
“Wh-what?” Isaac looked down at me. “You-you didn’t tell us that, Rosie.”
“Yes I did. I told Derek.”
“Well-he didn’t tell me that!”
“I don’t understand what the deal is.”
“It means that we’re up against more than just one alpha. It means that you’re in a lot more danger than you currently comprehend.”
Terror was written across my face as I looked up at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
A lovely dinner for the Stilinskis and Isaac. Hope you all like it!
I'd like at least four comments before I post twenty-two.
please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.