Do You Fear Me?

four

Scott glanced around the ice rink, hearing the zamboni running across the ice, to find Boyd, doing what seemed his job.
“Boyd! I just wanna talk!” Boyd glanced over, but continued doing his job. “C’mon, Boyd, please.” But he didn’t bother with Scott.
“Did Derek tell you everything? And I don’t just mean going out of control on the full moons, I mean everything.” At this, Boyd stopped the zamboni and leaned back in the seat.
“He told me about the hunters.” Boyd said.
“And that’s not enough for you to say no?” Scott asked, seeming amazed. “Whatever you want there’s other ways to get it-”
“I just want to not eat lunch alone every day.”
“If you-if you’re looking for friends you can do…a lot better than Derek.” The two looked at each other, until a voice interrupted.
“That really hurt, Scott.” Scott’s head snapped over to Derek. The alpha stood with his two betas behind him, each smirking as though they’d won a trophy. “I mean, if you’re going to review me…at least take a-consensus.” Scott was mad.
“Erica, how’s life been for you since you met?” The blonde twisted her hair through her fingers. Isaac leaned forward, to hear.
“Hm…” She hummed. “In a word? Transformative.” She let out a growl at him. Isaac smirked.
“Isaac?” The alpha called to him.
“Well, I’m a little bummed about being a fugitive, but…other than that I’m great. And meeting Rosie was nice.” Scott was furious now.
“Okay, hold on,” Scott said, biting his tongue on Isaac’s words. “This isn’t exactly a fair fight.”
“Then go home, Scott.” Derek shrugged, thinking he had won. Scott stood ready, almost as if contemplating the idea.
Then Isaac and Erica stepped up.
“I meant fair for them,” He growled.

♒♋♊

Rosemary
I laid on my bed, reading quietly. Stiles was out with Scott and Sheriff-Dad-was at the station on another case.
I’d been reading my history book for a while now. Since I’d gotten home, I’d done nothing but read.
But there was a crash from downstairs.
I jumped and stared at my door.
Another crash went off and I snatched the Nerf gun Stiles had given me. I slowly opened my door and looked out.
Nothing was happening around me…but something else crashed to the ground.
“Shit! Shit, shit!” I cocked the gun and it went silent. I turned the corner and all I saw was a huge black figure and I shot at them.
“Ow! Fuck! That hurts, Rosie!” I groaned and turned the light on. Isaac rubbed his stomach and was pouting at me.
“Why’d you shoot me?”
“You broke into my house!”
“I didn’t…well, there was a window open.”
“So you broke in!?”
“No! I didn’t. Can I talk to you?” His voice dropped from pleading to a tone as if we were having a normal conversation.
“No!” I cocked the gun again and aimed at him. “Get out.”
“Rosie, just listen to me. You need to-” I shot him and cocked the gun.
“Get out, Isaac.” He rolled his eyes.
“You’re not safe here by yourself.”
“I can take care of myself.” I shot him again.
“Rosie, stop shoot-” I shot him again.
“I said get out.”
“Rosie, listen to me, there’s a killer out there-” I shot him again. But this time he snatched the gun from me and yanked me against him.
“There is a murderer out there and you need to come with me or you could end up dead.”
“I don’t want to.”
“Then I’ll stay here.” He seethed.
“You don’t scare me anymore, Isaac.”
“I should. Go upstairs and get some clothes because you’re staying with me.”
“I’m not staying with you, let go.”
“Go upstairs, Rosie…get some clothes in a bag. Get your school stuff, and come with me.” Isaac whispered in my ear, each word and practically each syllable.
“I can take care of myself, Isaac.”
“A Nerf gun isn’t going to stop someone who wants to kill you.”
“Well my father is a cop.”
“That won’t stop them either.”
“I know where those guns are too, Isaac!”
“Rosie?” My head snapped up to Stiles.
“Stiles!” I twisted my hands out of Isaac’s hands and ran to my brother.
“What are you doing here, Isaac?” Stiles pulled me to his side and hugged me.
“I was-visiting.”
“Why didn’t you use the front door?”
“I did.”
“It was locked and the window is open. I’m not stupid. I might be a human, but I’m not stupid.”
“I just-”
“Get out.” Isaac glared at him and Stiles mocked his face before he rushed out
“You okay, Rosie?”
“I’m fine.”
“You shot him with the Nerf gun…” Stiles laughed. “That’s classic…was he scared?” He knelt down to pick up a bullet.
“Seemed a little hurt at first.” He laughed again. “Emotionally, at least.”
“Atta girl…”

I laid awake in bed. What Isaac had said scared me.
“There is a murderer out there and you need to come with me or you could end up dead.”
“I don’t want to.”
“Then I’ll stay here.” He seethed.
“You don’t scare me anymore, Isaac.”
“I should. Go upstairs and get some clothes because you’re staying with me.”
“I’m not staying with you, let go.”
“Go upstairs, Rosie…get some clothes in a bag. Get your school stuff, and come with me.” Isaac whispered in my ear, each word and practically each syllable.
“I can take care of myself, Isaac.”
“A Nerf gun isn’t going to stop someone who wants to kill you.”

Killer on the loose. Did this mean that they hadn’t caught the people that killed my family? Or that there was more than one? Maybe they were competing to see who could kill the most or the best or-something!
Stop thinking about it, Rosie.
That’s what I’ll do, I’ll stop thinking about it.
I wiped my eyes and blinked back tears before turning over.
I let out a shrill scream as a face laid beside me, smirking. Eyes glowing red, he grabbed for my throat.
“I didn’t get to kill you last time but I won’t make that mistake again, little girl.” He raised me from my bed, my shark falling to the floor and my airways closing. I could see canines probing from his lips and his veins pulsing.
Stiles! Stiles! Dad! Dad!” I’m going to die. I am going to die just like my brother and sister.
He gripped tighter. “They can’t stop me. Nothing can and no human will!
“Rosie! Wake up!” I screamed but all I saw was Stiles and Dad. “Rosie, what the hell?” I grabbed him and hugged him.
“They were glowing-the eyes-his eyes, Stiles. Oh my god,”
“They were so red.”
“It’s gonna be okay…I promise. Just a dream-nightmare. No one’s gonna hurt you…not while I’m here…”
I shook in his arms but he kept me tight. Dad just stood there, stroking my hair and not saying a word.

♒♋♊

“Free period…who needs a free period anyway?” Lydia shrugged.
“Just as long as we get back. I’m appalled that they trust us enough.”
“Uh-lucky. At Madam Prep, we had six hours of straight school…no breaks.” I pulled at my bag strap.
“Ugh, that sucks.” Lydia whined. But Allison and I chuckled.
“It wasn’t all bad. There was lunch.”
“I bet you had, like, a gourmet chef or something.” Lydia said.
“We didn’t. Our food was as shitty as this stuff.” They laughed. “If not worse.”
“You don’t act like those girls, though.” Allison said.
“Oh, god no!” I laughed. “Some of those girls…they were just…uh.” Lydia laughed.
“Did you do sports?” Allison asked.
“I cheered. I wasn’t good enough for our field hockey team, or our lacrosse team.”
“Why not?” Lydia sneered but Allison gave me a puzzled look.
“Not fast enough, lean enough.”
“Bullshit.” Allison chuckled.
“True shit. Oh well. I hate field hockey and lacrosse. I like ice hockey.”
“Why do you hate lacrosse, that burns.” I sighed and Isaac smirked.
“What?” He chuckled as I kept walking. But I knew he was following us.
“Can you please go?”
“Why? What’d I do?”
“Don’t you have English? With Scott and Stiles?” Lydia sneered at him.
“Eh, maybe.” He gave me a crooked smile. “Can we talk?”
“I think you’ve done enough talking, Isaac. So listen,” Allison and Lydia giggled. “Stay away from me. I don’t want anything to do with you.”
“Will you at least give me an answer?”
“No. I won’t go with you.”
“Give me a reason?”
“Because you’re annoying, you’re persistent, and frankly, you scare me.”
“What if I change?”
“Isaac, go away!” I turned quickly and began towards the library. “I’ll see you later, guys.”
I sat in the library for the entire period. Thank god I had my free period last period. I don’t know if the girls did or they were just bored of sitting in class.
“Hey, kid.”
“Stiles, what’re you doing here?”
“It’s one of those days, where you just don’t want to do anything. So you don’t. And then you just wander-”
“Stiles.”
“Coach isn’t here!” I rolled my eyes. “But I have to damage control Scott.”
“You don’t have to.”
“Yes I do. He’s my best friend.”
“Therefore, it’s not a chore, but a joy.”
“Were you a…philosopher in your past life?”
“I don’t believe in resurrection.” I closed my book. “Can you drop me off at home? And control that…puppy, Isaac?”
“P-puppy?”
“He follows me around like a lost puppy!”
“Oh…” I gave him a weird look.
“Home?”
“Yes.” Stiles nodded and led me out to the jeep.
“What’re you gonna do at home?”
“Read…homework.”
“Such a good student.”
“I don’t have reckless things to do during the night.” I chuckled.
“Reckless does not begin to cover it.”
“Then whatever you do.”
“I’m glad…” A silence fell over us.
“Stiles…?”
“Yea?” He looked over at me, a smile still on his face.
“Um…would you be mad if Isaac asked me to the formal?”
“Isaac…Isaac…maybe…” He drug out the word. “Did you say yes?”
“I-I told him no today…but…”
“You want to tell him yes?” He gave me a knowing smirk.
“Yes…”
“I won’t be mad at you, Rosie, that wouldn’t be fair.”
“But Isaac?”
“Him I can be mad at.” I smiled. “You can go with him.”
“He just-scares me. I don’t know if I want to go with him.”
“Well,” He pulled into the driveway. “I’m not gonna stop you. But I’m gonna warn you to be careful with him.”
“If.”
“If you chose him. I’ll be home later.” Stiles kissed my head and I bound off to the front door, unlocking it and quickly locking it back.
I screamed at Isaac.
“What the hell are you doing in my living room!? Get out!”
“I need to talk to you, Rosemary.”
I froze. Isaac never called me Rosemary…only when he first met me.
“W-what?”
“Red glowing eyes?” Isaac began towards me, but I backed up.
“H-how did you know about that-Stiles!”
“Don’t call for him. You saw red glowing eyes?” Before I knew it, I was backed against a table with nowhere to run.
“W-what-I don’t know what that means?”
“The killers!” I screamed as Isaac slammed his hands on the table beside me. “They had red glowing eyes? What else?”
“I-I don’t remember-”
“Yes you do! Tell me, Rosemary!”
“Issac! Stop!”
He blinked.
“Rosie-I’m sorry-”
“Go, please.”
“Rosie-”
“Please, Isaac!”
“Rosie, you’re shaking.” He ignored me and wrapped his arms around me.
But instead of shoving him away, I found comfort in his arms.
“I’m so sorry, Rosie…”
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I know there's not that many readers of this story out there, but I need a little feedback, guys. Out of like 27 readers on the last chapter, I'd expect more than one comment.
But I'm gonna just ask you guys to give me two more comments before I post the next chapter. I'm still trying to incorporate the actually show's story line into this so please don't lost faith in me.
please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.