Do You Fear Me?

nine

I couldn’t look Isaac in the face.
The only thing I could see was him kissing me in the woods, calling me a goddess.
Even in gym that day, I could only stumble over my feet as it flashed through my head.
“Stilinski! Pick up the pace!” I gasped and tried to keep up with the other girls in the class. Only to glance over at the stands and see Isaac, watching me.
I put one foot in front of the other and fell flat on my face. I heard gasps and laughs. I groaned and rolled on my back, to catch Isaac jumping over the railing of the stands and rush over to me.
“Are you okay, Rosie?” His hand came to touch the exposed skin of my hip and I gasped, moving back from him.
“Lahey?”
“Yea, Coach?” He looked up at Ms. Jonson.
“Take her to the nurse.” He nodded, easily picking me up in his arms, and carrying me away from the track.
“I’m fine, Isaac.”
“Yeah, well you just tripped on the track, so I’m going to take you to the nurse.”
“Isaac.”
“Rosie.” He looked down at me and I looked away, at his shirt instead of his eyes. “Why won’t you look at me?”
“I am looking at you.” I muttered, playing with a piece of his cardigan.
“At me, Rosie.”
“Can you just take me to the nurse?”
“You said you’re fine.”
“Please, Isaac.” I pleaded, burying my face in his shirt. He smells really good. Like…a perfect morning… I pulled back quickly.
“I don’t have anything to do tonight…its Friday and we can go looking for dresses.”
“I hate dress shopping.”
“No you don’t.” He kicked open the health room door.
“What’s wrong with her?”
“She fell on the track running in gym.”
“Alright, come here, dear.” Isaac followed her and laid me on the bed. He rose back, and stood in the corner.
“Nice scrapes, Rosemary.”
“You know who I am?” I asked, tiling my head to look at her, away from Isaac.
“You’re files came in yesterday from your old school. Sorry.” She gave me a smile.
“No that’s…fine.” I laid there as she checked everything but then she moved my foot. I let out a gasp and sat up.
“Oh…alright.” She shook her head.
“What’s wrong with her?” Isaac asked.
“She hurt her ankle. Again.”
“Again?”
“I-uh-fractured it when I was cheering…” I said, leaning back on the bed. “Front walkovers are no my forte.”
“I don’t know what those are. Should she go…?”
“To a doctor. Yes. But I can’t let you take her off school property, you’re not her family.”
“Well…can you call her brother to get her?”
“Stiles…probably…or you dad.”
“My dad, please.”
“Alright, dear, you can go back to class.”
“I’d rather wait until she’s-”
“I’ll be fine, Isaac.” I said, cutting him off.
“Isaac.” He looked at me but then turned to leave.
She left to call Sheriff and I sighed, sitting up and moving to cradle my ankle.
Soon, Dad and Stiles were walking into the room.
“Are you okay, Rosie?”
“I’m fine. I just tripped when I was running today.” Stiles came over and helped me to stand up.
“I’ll take you to the hospital.”

“Stiles told me.” I smiled at Lydia. “This is the second time?”
“Yea. Cheerleading.”
“Oh, lucky Isaac was there.”
“No. He’s the reason I tripped.” I slapped my hand over my mouth. Lydia’s mouth fell open and she smirked.
“You were daydreaming about him!”
“I was not!”
“You so were! What was it about!?”
“Nothing, I wasn’t dreaming about him.”
“You were. I’ll get it out of you one day. Oh, by the way,” She pulled something from her purse. “What girl doesn’t need chocolate when she’s in pain?” I chuckled and took the chocolate orange from her.
“How’d you know I like these?” I asked.
“From Isaac.” We said at the same time.
“We were supposed to go dress shopping tonight.”
“That looks like that’ll happen.”
“Totally.” I rolled my eyes.
Oh,” I looked up to see Isaac, standing in the doorway. I blushed and looked down, playing with the chocolate in my hands.
“I’ll see you later, Rosie.” Lydia pat my leg and got up.
“I didn’t know someone else was here…your dad let me in.” I gave Isaac a small smile, but didn’t look at him.
“I’m serious, Rosie, why won’t you look at me?”
“Just-leave it alone, Isaac.” And let me dream.
“Fine. I just came to give you this.” I took the paper from his hands, but didn’t open it. “I’ll see you later,” He ducked down to kiss my cheek. He pulled away, but not being going back to kiss my lips. “Get better soon.” He whispered before disappearing into the hall.
I opened the folded paper.
Don’t think I forgot about you, pretty. Or should I say Goddess. I’ll come for you soon. And the wolf too.
I let out a shriek and threw the paper away, as if it were going to go far. I heard footsteps slamming on the stairs and Dad was in the doorway.
“Rosie-what’s wrong!?”
“I-I saw a mouse…”
“Oh…” He sighed out. “I have to get back to the station. There’s dinner in the fridge.”
“Okay…thanks.”
“I love you, Rosie.” He kissed my head and, after calling back to him the same words, he left.
I raked my fingers through my hair and my phone rang.
But this time really rang. I answered the call.
“H-hello?”
“I’ll get you Goddess.”
I screamed and dropped my phone.

♒♋♊

“Do you think I really want to know who the hell this thing is? I’m fine being away from it and it not killing me.”
“Stiles, you have to help us.” Scott argued.
“I do not want to!”
“Too god damn bad.”
“You know, I am not a werewolf, you can’t tell me what to do.”
“I bet I can.” He jumped back, away from the towering alpha.
“There is no need to get physical! I refuse to help you stop this damn thing! It’ll kill me! It paralyzed me once, I don’t need it to kill me this time!”
“God, you’re such a little bitch.”
“Excuse me!” Stiles yelled sarcastically towards Erica. “I’m trying to keep my life the way it is! Not have it ended! I like living!”
“I like living too but that doesn’t mean I’m going to let people die because of it!”
“So it’s my fault that they’re dead? Because I don’t want to go near a very cuddley looking lizard thing, they’re dying.”
“God! You’re so sarcastic!”
“Sarcasm is my only defense, Erica, remember!” Stiles threw his hands up.
“Can you two quit it!? Okay! We get it! You don’t want to go near the damn thing! Get over it!”
“I am not going towards it, Derek!”
“Yes you are! Now quit fucking whining and listen!”
Stiles mocked the alpha as he spoke.
“And now I’m done. Okay, Stiles?”
“Whatever.”
“You’re asking for it.” Derek shoved him before storming from the room.
“You’re so hardheaded.” Isaac muttered.
“Shut up.”

♒♋♊

Isaac
My pack was gone, but for some reason, Scott still wanted to talk to me.
“You need to stay away from her.” Stiles said, pointing at me as if he were going to scare me.
“She’s not yours, Stiles, and frankly, I don’t have to listen to you.” I bat away his hand. “Nor do I really like you.”
“Yeah!? Well you’re not that likeable either!”
I laughed. “Rosie seems to like me.”
“That’s because she doesn’t know you.” Scott growled.
“I am genuinely a nice person, what the hell do you have against me?” I asked him, nearly laughing as I spoke.
“You’re part of Derek’s guard dogs, that’s what.” Scott snarled in my face.
“Yeah? Well I’m nothing like him, so you can stop making stupid assumptions, especially if I’m taking Rosie to the formal. Oh, you didn’t know, doesn’t surprise me!” I shoved Scott back. “You’d yell at her before she could explain herself.”
“So I’m the bad guy now? I know the smart choice and it’s my fault?”
“Yes! You are the bad guy now! Christ, you’re so victimized! You’re not even a real victim here!” I snarled and bared my teeth.
“Both of you shut up! Rosie is my sister! I’ll fucking decide who she can and can’t take to the formal!” I gapped at Stiles.
“I’m sorry, are you yelling at me?” I pointed to him, then to myself, in utter disbelief.
He sneered. “Yes, I am. If you take my sister to the formal and I see you away from her for less than a good damn reason, I’ll kick your ass!”
“You’ll kick my ass. You will? Unbelievable.” I threw my arms up in the air and they smacked my thighs hard. “You really haven’t taught him anything, have you, Scott?”
“If my best friend wants to kick your ass, then by all means, I’ll help him.” Scott seethed to me.
“You’re both idiots! You act like you can stop her from wanting to be near me! News flash, she likes me! A lot more than you do-!” My phone started ringing. So did Scott’s and Stiles’s.
Where the hell did you get that note?
“Why is Rosie texting me freaking out over something you gave her?” I looked up at Stiles.
“I-…”
We all took off running towards the door.

♒♋♊

Rosemary
Ms. Stilinski?”
My head shot up off my desk and I stared Mrs. Carner in the face. I’d obviously been asleep, and didn’t have Derek Hale perfected homework to get me out of trouble or detention this time.
“Huh?” There was laughter around me.
“Can you tell me what the square root-?”
“No.” The class laughed harder.
“Ms. Stilinski, maybe instead of sleeping during class, you can sleep through detention.”
“Ah-Mrs. Carner-”
“Lunch detention, Rosemary.” I groaned and my head hit the table. I slipped my phone from my pocket and opened a text to Stiles.
I got lunch detention, don’t wait for me.
“And now you’re texting, Ms. Stilinski, why don’t we just add after school and another two days?” The classroom laughed again. I was making a fool of myself today.
“Mrs.-…never mind.” My head hit the desk, only this time harder and I groaned. It’s only first period.
I hadn’t slept at all last night because I didn’t want to be killed or kidnapped when I was asleep. And I wanted to know where in the hell Isaac had gotten that note. But he says he didn’t even know. Like he was just trained to give it to me. And I’m still trying to figure out the whole wolf thing too. I don’t know a wolf…or want to know one. What kind of wolf?
I had sent the text but decided it would be better to text Stiles about after school detention later.
We only sat for another ten minutes and the bell rung and I was quick to get out of the classroom.
I began towards English, but someone threw me against a locker.
“Detention!? How the hell did you manage lunch detention!?” I tried pulling my face away but couldn’t find avail in the locker behind me.
“Stiles, step back.” He sighed, his shoulders slumping but did. “Cause I got after school detention too.” He slammed me against the locker again.
“After school!? Jesus, Rosie!”
“Let me finish!” He stepped back, holding his arms up in surrender.
“I have it until Friday.” I bolted down the hall.
“Great, Rosie! Just great!”

When it came time for detention, I was stuck with some other freshmen I didn’t know. He seemed like an alright kid.
Seemed.

I was cleaning the chalkboard in Mr. Harris’s classroom, standing on a chair trying to reach the top; the kid, Daniel something, in the back doing god knows what.
“Hey-uh-Daniel, mind helping me-ah!” I yelped as my back hit the board because he was right in front of me.
“With what?”
“C-cleaning the top of the board…can you, ya know, step back…?”
“Can’t, no room.”
“Um, then I’ll-” His hands slammed onto the chalkboard behind me, trapping me in place.
“Daniel.”
“Rosemary.”
“Please step away from me.”
“I don’t want to.” Before I could speak, he had shoved me against the board, not minding my hips hitting the shelf on it and was kissing me furiously.
I tried to scream, to get him to back off, but nothing I did would stop him.
I brought my hand up from the shelf of the chalkboard and went to grab his shoulder, but he caught my hand and slammed it against the board.
But then suddenly the kid stepped back screaming and I heard a crack.
“She said please. And if you ever touch her again,” There was another crack and Daniel whined. “It’ll be the last thing you ever do, got it?”
My gaze darted up to a tall, blonde girl I don’t know that I’ve ever seen before. “Go on, Rosie.” I thanked her, rushing out my words, and ran from the room, to hear another crack and another scream.
“Rosie?” I looked up and bolted into Isaac’s arms.
“I don’t know what happened! He just grabbed me-I just-I’m sorry, Isaac!” I cried into his shirt, gripping it in my hands. I knew I was staining it with my tears, but I don’t think either of us cared.
“Rosie, it’s fine, you’re fine.” His arms encircled me and I could feel him pet down my hair, like my brother, father, and mother used to do. “You’re gonna be fine…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys love how clumsy Rosie is around her wolf. And how protective he is of her. Do you think this mysterious person will be the downfall of Rosie?
And how about Erica being a big sister!?
Either way, tell me what you all think, but I need three comments before I put up ten.

Thank you to the ever awesome VixonJade11 and crimmy for my lovely comments last chapter! And jamesneal! Because you are an awesome writer!

please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.