Felicity

Chapter 3

Millions of emotions flooded Felicity. Most of them were undecipherable, but she tried to keep her cool as she realized what had just occurred. She looked around, noticing two darkened arms at her sides. She flicked her glance up and came face to face with two dark, nearly charcoal black eyes. Something seemed to flicker across their depths as her eyes met them.

“Are you okay?” came a husky voice. All she could do was give a slow nod.

Suddenly, the protective weight that was hovering over her lifted, and the strange man was on his feet. He looked down at her and she just stared at him incredulously. He wasn’t familiar. His tanned skin complimented his dark, midnight black hair, as well as his dark eyes.

Felicity stood up slowly. When she was up, she straightened her back and let out a deep, shaking sigh. “Thank you,” she whispered softly, meaningfully.

The boy scowled.

Whoa, what was with the hostility? He went from protective to an ass in a matter of seconds. Did he regret saving her life?

“What happened?” she asked.

The boy looked over at her and shrugged. “Car exploded, I guess,” he said gruffly.

She gawked. “Well, thanks, again. Goodnight.” She turned on her heels to leave the boy in his irritated state alone.

But a hand restrained her from moving as it tugged on her wrist and flipped her back around. “You don’t look the least bit shaken.” Amusement seemed to be reveling in the pools of his charcoal eyes.

“Maybe I am,” she said calmly after sucking in a deep breath of air. “Maybe I’m just good at hiding it.”

The boy smirked. “Tristan,” he said, extending his hand for her to shake.

She looked down at it and said, “Felicity,” without accepting his handshake.

He withdrew smoothly and placed it back at his side. “So tell me something, Felicity?” She looked up at him questioningly. “What’s a beautiful girl like you, all dressed up, doing out in the parking lot alone?” He stepped towards her.

She shrugged lightly, taking a step back. “Just is what it is.”

Tristan smirked again, and took a long stride in one smooth stroke, so that he was in front of her. He reached down and stroked her cheek gently, caressing the soft, creamy white skin. Some sort of hunger burned deep inside of him. He wanted to kiss her. To feel his rigid lips against such soft satin. She went stiff in his hands. He brought his eyes back to hers and something in the depths of her azure eyes caught him off guard.

And then they seemed to dilate and she was wobbling, as though she were caught off balance. Then he noticed the blood that was oozing out of the back of her head.

He barely had time to take a breath before she collapsed in his arms and nearly sent both of them to the ground.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Tristan whisked Felicity off the ground and sprinted to the nursing office on campus. He couldn’t explain the raw emotion that surged through him as he carried the weak girl. He knew that he should have left her to fend for herself. Left her to bleed out in the parking lot like he had never been there.

But looking down at her vulnerable body, something drove him insane. He had to get her somewhere safe. Then he could kill her. He wants a healthy victim right? Besides, with someone this beautiful, he would most definitely have to have a little fun.

He wheeled through the doors, and hauled the girl onto a bed. A nurse flew to his side and shooed him out of the way. “Oh my! What happened?”

“Accident. An explosion. I think she got hit in the head,” Tristan explained in a hurried, rushed tone.

The woman floated over to the phone and dialed. “Doctor Damon, please. Emergency.” A few moments, ones that seemed to last a lifetime, passed until the man he assumed to be Doctor Damon rushed in.

“I’m going to have to ask you to leave the room,” said the nurse.

“I’m her…fiancé,” Tristan lied, trying to make an excuse to be able to stay in the room.

“I’m sorry, but no one is allowed as we transport her into the operating room. I’ll have a nurse send for you as soon as you are allowed to visit, I promise.”

Tristan hung his head defeated. He left the room and sat on the bench outside of the room.

He leaned his body against the wall and situated himself as comfortably as possible on the bench.

Why does this innocent little girl have such an altering affect on him? He just met her. Even though he knows a lot about her. As far as trivial things, that is. But there’s something about her fiery personality that seemed to grab at him. The way she glowed with innocence and purity, yet screamed cocky and outgoing.

Just then, a figure blew past him and charged through the door. Tristan didn’t even bother to pay attention to who it was until his thoughts were interrupted by the nurse coming back out.

Tristan snapped his head in direction, praying for admission into the room. But all hope drained as he saw another man exit the room behind her.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Conner, but you’ll have to stay out here until she’s okay to visit. You can wait with her fiancé.”

Tristan locked eyes with a green eyed man, his eyes burning with rage as the nurse spoke the word ‘fiancé.’

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jasper signaled Richter over to him. Things had been running through his mind like crazy. Ever since he discovered her, nearly fifteen years ago, he’s made sure tabs had been kept.

And every day he watched, anticipated the day of her twenty-first birthday; the day she’d be the most powerful thing to walk the Earth.

“Yes, boss,” said Richter, as he came closer.

“I need you to do something for me.”

“Anything,” he said in his gravelly voice.

“This girl,” he said, pointing to Felicity’s face. “And Tristan. Make sure he disposes of the girl.”

“Sure, boss.”

“And,” he added, a smirk spreading across his face. “Make sure Tristan is taken care of.”

“You mean, get rid of the boy too?” he asked.

“Yes,” Jasper said. “He’s too much of a burden.”

“Tristan’s one of the best we have.”

Jasper shot out of his chair and had Richter pinned on his stomach on the ground. Richter cried out in pain from the crushing force of Jasper’s strength. “Don’t question my authority,” he sneered.

“I didn’t mean to!” shrieked Richter.

Jasper flew off of him and growled.

“I’ll leave now,” said Richter.

“You do that,” scowled Jasper.

Richter was flying out of the room in the next moment. Jasper slid back in his chair and looked down at the picture of Felicity. Such a beautiful, young girl. “You look so much like your mother,” he whispered to himself. “I’m sorry my dearest daughter.”