Status: Brand Spankin' New and Super Active

Finding Faye

Prologue

It was my seventeenth birthday.

Everything seemed to be going just as normal.

I had a huge party with everyone important to me.

Family, my boyfriend Kameron, my best friend Noah, and some school friends. Everyone was there with happy birthday wishes and presents.

But something changed at the end of the night. My parents seemed different, off almost. But they were trying to hide it and I could tell.

The night ended with them giving me a box of baby pictures I had never seen. I hadn't had many because when I was one, we lost them all in a fire. My parents said they found a few that surfaced.

I was alone in my room when I decided to look through all the pictures.

They all seemed normal. I was an adorable baby.

All the pictures were of me alone which struck me as odd. Some even appeared to be cutouts as if someone else was once in the picture with me.

As I neared the end of the box, I got to something strange.

It was a picture with me and two unfamiliar looking faces. The women reminded me of someone but I couldn't think of who. This was the only picture I had with these people. Who could they be and why had I never been told about them? For some reason I got extremely worried but pushed it away when I changed my thought to it just being a couple my family knew. Maybe someone they went to church with. I didn't have to know everybody.

But this picture... it was weird. They were holding me like I was theirs. The picture looked like it was taken almost as a mini family portrait. Which was impossible.They were not my parents.

I was confused and my heart was racing.

Just as I was about to go get my parents and demand an answer flipped the picture over my heart dropped. The picture said "Shawn and Faye Williams with baby Lyra Williams at 4 months old." Who were those people?

My head spun and I fell down to the ground as I realized I looked just like those people. I was a younger looking version of the woman in the picture and I shared features of the man.

I threw the picture on the ground and screamed.