Status: Brand Spankin' New and Super Active

Finding Faye

two

"Hey, Lyra, It's me... Kameron... you know your boyfriend. I've called you several times. I really need you to answer your phone. We all want to know where you are and if you're okay. I'm really frustrated that you left without saying a thing to me. We have been together for a year now, you have to tell me shit like. You can't run away from petty shit like that. What do yo-"

I sigh as the voice mail cuts of Kameron's irritated voice. I push seven and delete it without taking a care to reply. I listen to the next voice mail.

"Lyra. Seriously. Call me back. I'm getting impatient. You're lucky I'm calm considering you up and left me like you did. I don't care what angered you enough to make you leave. You consult me first. Call me back."

"Give it a rest." I say out loud in my empty hotel room.

Once again I delete the message.

"Please baby, please come home. I love you. Your dad loves you. Your brother and sister are worried. We're your family. If you come home, we can do this together. We'll come with you. We'll fly there. We'll do anything to make you happy. Please. I'm begging. Come back home. I need my baby girl. be careful."

I don't want to do it with the help of anyone. I want to do it alone. They all lied to me for so many years. I just need to do this alone. I delete my mom's voice mail and leave a mental note to eventually text my dad and tell him I'm okay.

"LG, I'm sure everyone is calling you like crazy... but I'm not everyone. I'm special. I just want to let you know that I love you and I'm sorry for everything. I know you're okay. You're great at fending for yourself. I just want to let you know that I'm here if you need me... seriously. If you need anything, sunshine, I'll do it. Take your time."

I can't bring myself to delete my best friend's voice mail. Just hearing Noah's voice gives me a jolt of sadness through my body. While I am mad at everybody for the lies, I'm mad at Noah. I'm never mad at Noah.

I want to cry from the pain of missing him. We have been friends forever. Literally. Since I was younger. I've known him so long, I can't remember meeting him.

I save his voice mail and plug my cell phone back in and sit back on the snow white bed in the hotel I'm in.

The hotel isn't cheap or rundown. Our family has always been pretty wealthy so we have never had much an issue with money. My dad gave me his credit card and I know he would want me to use it to be somewhere safe and secure.

I never liked being alone much. The quiet now is killing me. I wish I had someone just to talk to.

If I could trust anyone.

Truth is, I am scared.

Nothing I am doing is planned.

I'm just winging it as I go.

All I have is my parents address and names.

My mom warned me that I wasn't going to like what I found.

And what if I find something really bad.

I push that thought away. I could find something really good. My real parents, my real family. I hope they will be happy to see me.

I can't help but feel nervous about finding them. But I have a long way to go.

After my phone has a full charge, I check out of my hotel.

With my box, my few personal items, and cell phone I head to my car. I throw my few items in the back seat. All I had time to grab from my house was a few outfits, a handful of underwear, a couple bras, a blanket from when I was younger and my birthday present from Noah which was a bracelet and a scrap book of our best memories. All of which was stuffed in a duffel bag that was decked out in sparkles.

All except the bracelet. That is on my wrist. It is too beautiful and expensive to stuff in that bag. It is white gold with diamonds and little charms hanging from it. Each one has a special meaning. Noah explained them after giving it to me.

I also am still wearing the necklace Kameron got me. It is a gold locket with the word love inscribed on the front.

I get in the front seat of my car and start driving again. I get on the high way and as I drive I can't help but cry again.

Being alone sucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi thur.
I hope you are enjoying my story so far. (:
It's a work in progress so I hope it's not dreadful!
Thank you for reading it!