Status: Brand Spankin' New and Super Active

Finding Faye

three

I have been gone for three days already. My hair is starting to look flat and my eyes are hollow from crying.

I haven't talked to a soul. Kameron leaves at least five voice mails a day. Each day he gets more aggressive. I never realized how rude he is to me till now. He is very hurtful. I guess our relationship hasn't been the best.

We fight kind of a lot and each time it's him telling me it's all my fault.

Everything is my fault.

What if that is why my parents gave me up? Because I was a problem?

I begin to regret trying to find them for the first time.

What if they want nothing to do with me?

No happy greetings.

This could be a horrible idea.

Maybe I should have waited.

No going back now. I'm this far already, it would be a waste to go back and I really don't want to prove to my adopted parents that I can't handle it and I just can't trust them till I can find the truth on my own.

At this point, I'm not sure I understand anything around me.

I am on the high way once again. I'm only in Tennessee about to pass through Nashville. Which I've always wanted to see. My drive has been so long thus far because I am from the coast of North Carolina. A nice little town called Beaufort.

We live really close to the ocean and it is most beautiful in the winter.

As I reminisce, I can't help but slightly miss my house. I miss my dog, Zoe a hyper German Shepherd, I miss my sister Elizabeth and my little brother Lucas. I regret not saying goodbye to them. Lucas is really close to me. We do everything together. I always wanted a baby sister but having a brother is better. We bond just as much as I imagine a little sister would. It just makes me sad that I would leave him without saying a word.

If he hates me for this, I will never forgive myself.

As I'm driving I notice there is a car that has been following me for sometime. It looks familiar but I can't remember why or how it is. I start to panic but calm myself in the fact that this is the high way calms me down. It's not rare for someone to be going to the same destination as some one else.

But as I begin to speed up, the car speeds up with me.

I shake it off and continue going until I see my exit for Nashville.

I turn on some classical music to calm me.

Soon, I am being swayed by the sound of the deep bass and violas. My mind eases while I follow my exit to Nashville and slow my speed.

I roll my windows down and enjoy the fresh air smell of a clean town.

I look at my gas and notice I should probably fill up before I go into town and try to find a hotel. I pull into a Quik Trip and relax when I realize the black car that was following me continues down the road and doesn't turn in the gas station with me.

I put my dads credit card in the pump and pump gas into the tank until it's full.

After, I go inside the gas station and buy a few snacks and some drinks just to hold me over until I can find somewhere good to eat lunch.

I wish someone was here with me. If I just had something or someone. Someone to share lunch with, someone to be with me in the empty hotel rooms, someone to calm all of my worries. I am such an irrational idiot.

I can feel that this is going to bite me in the ass at some point.

I throw the snacks in my passenger seat and get into the driver seat.

I turn on the car and keep the windows down. The summer isn't very hot so there was no need for the air. The breeze feels amazing.

I buckle up and exit the gas station and continue my journey.

I turn the music up so the car seems filled and not so lonely. I hum quietly along.

A stop light comes up and I stop. As I'm waiting there I start adjusting my hair in the rear view mirror to try to improve my dull looking self but I see something that makes my heart fall into the pits of my body.

The black car.

What if the person in the car is a serial killer. I have no way in to defend myself. I'm just a frail skinny girl with no muscles what-so-ever. I'm going to die without anyone knowing I love them or even hearing me say goodbye. I'm going to die without meeting my parents.

Maybe it won't be painful.

Maybe he'll make it quick.

But what if he tortures me.

My breathing is hitched and I try to calm it down but there is no hope.

My pulse is thumping so hard I can hear it over the music.

What do I do? Where do I go?

I start to cry again. I am all alone. Nobody is here to help me.

I've never been super religious but I find myself praying to God.

Praying that I will be spared.

Praying that he protect me.

Praying that even thought I wasn't always the greatest person or the holiest but I pray that he just be with me now. Wanting him to hold my hand.

My belief for God would sway. Sometimes I would believe a lot, others not so much.

I find myself promising God that if he just be with me now that I would try a lot harder to be good and a lot harder to love him if he only love me at this time.

I can't leave Lucas. My adopted parents love me. Kameron, even though he's mean sometimes... Noah

I know I left them all a few days ago, but I didn't intend on losing my life. Even being pissed at them all, I obviously still love them. You can love someone and not trust them.

Maybe He will see that.

Maybe God will see my love for them and help me be sparred.

The black car has distance between us and I use this to my advantage. I speed up some, trying to lose his pursuit. I also don't feel any different. I don't feel God's hand or anything. I'm not sure if I should. I haven't been religious in so long. I'm not sure what to expect.

I decide to find a hotel for the night and maybe that will get the black car off me. Of course the day is still young and I have a lot I want to see but maybe I'll feel safer if I already have somewhere booked for the night. I don't want to drive all night with this black car still following me. I don't feel like that's such a good idea.

That's how people get killed. Or so I've been told.

Young pretty girls driving alone at night are perfect victims.

I park in the parking lot, roll up my windows, and lock my car. A couple times just to make sure. I don't look around for the black car I just hurry inside.

I'm practically running inside.

I reach the front desk and there is a charming and very attractive young male standing there. He greets me with a bright smile.

"Hi there, is there anything I could help you with, sweetie?"

I immediately feel stupid for not trying to look better, but I guess it doesn't matter too much. Plus, I have a boyfriend.

At least he thinks I'm nice enough looking to call sweetie.

"Hi, My name is Lyra Fran- Willi- Uh, My name is Lyra Franklin. I need to book a room for the night."

After I have my room key I stuff it in my back pocket and grab my keys, hooking them around my finger in position to stab someones eyes out if they try to hurt me. Besides, it's the middle of the day and the hotel is booming with business. Not even a serial killer would try anything with so many witnesses.

I finally reach my car and quickly get in.

As I buckle up I look down at the buckle and in my peripheral vision, I notice I am not alone in my car. Without taking a glance at my guest, I let out a blood curdling scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another chapter! I hope you all enjoy it!

Let me know what you think!

And thank you for commenting, Cupcake Violence !!!