Life Lessons for Every Girl

Middle School Sucks

Middle School: a time of discovery.

Children discover curse words. Girls realize that boys, in fact, don’t have cooties. Boys accept that puberty is a bitch with its awkward voice cracks and random boners. And both girls and boys experiment with relationships.

Life Lessons #4: You can never be too young for a boyfriend…

Looking back at my middle school days I realized that all this happened in a blink of an eye. I remember my last day of 5th grade: boys wanted nothing to do with girls and vice-versa. But this literally all changed during the 2 months of summer break. I mean it was like God pressed a giant button on the first day of middle school that changed the mindsets that boys and girls had about each other. It didn’t matter that Johnny and Sara were grossed out by each other 2 months before, because as far as they are concerned, the start of middle school meant that they were practically dating.
And there were instances of this EVERYWHERE. People that hated each other were now “dating” and girls who didn’t have boyfriends traded in their bows and knee length dresses for some short-shorts and v-neck spaghetti straps from Hollister.
Apparently I was the only one who didn’t get the memo. When your parents are strict, overprotective Lebanese Christians, you sort of don’t get to hang out with friends a lot, buy the latest magazines to keep you up to date, or go out a lot.

Life Lesson #5: Growing up with foreign parents sort of makes you become uncultured.

It’s a sad life, really. When I was younger, I rarely saw my friends outside of school due to the fact that my mom didn’t know English very well. I never invited anyone over because my mom’s idea of a pizza party was to make her own homemade pizza, which was disgusting and embarrassing. I never went to the movies or the mall with my friends since my parents said no to almost everything because they were so overprotective. Don’t get me wrong, I love my parents, but the way they raised me really contributed to the way my life turned out.
So because I didn’t get the memo that looking like a whore was “cool,” I was immediately shunned. My clothes, which covered everything that needed to be covered, were apparently “child-ish.” My face, which was not covered in “makeup” that was applied with inexperience, was apparently “hideous.” And my glasses, which I had been sporting since the 3rd grade, apparently now made me look like a nerd.
I came to school looking differently, which apparently made me a loser. All my previous “friends” abandoned me because there was no way that they were going risk their status for some loser who dressed APPROPRIATLY for school.
So there I was, not even 30 minutes into my first day of Middle School and I was already considered a loser because of my fucking appearance. And unfortunately for me, there was no way I would be able to “work my way up the totem pole” because my parents would never have allowed me to go to school dressed like the other girls.

Life Lesson #6: Middle School sucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i hope everyone realizes that some of the life lessons are false/sarcastic. haha.

To answer a few of the questions some of you might have:
- yes this is a true story, and it is about my life.
- the story takes place from middle school to high school and will end with an event that happened to me about a week ago. It's over a long period of time, but i will only focus on a few major events!

let me know what you guys think so far! :)