Status: it's been in my head(and my journal) for a while

I'll Steal You

chapter one

Mavis was set on the floor and pretended to sleep. Her best friend stepped back, slowly, putting his arm out as if reaching for her before he disappeared into the darkness. She woke up and looked all over the stage as if she were looking for something. The Nutcracker lay next to the Christmas tree as if it had been there the whole time. She picked it up with so much care, as if it were a china doll and hugged it.

Once the velvety red curtains closed and thunderous claps echoed throughout the auditorium, Mavis rushed over to Cobain and hugged him. She had been so terribly nervous throughout the performance that she almost fell when he lifted her up into the air. The pair went backstage to be far from the audience’s eyes and took their positions so they could bow for them.

The Sugarplum fairies and the Snowflakes went up first. They had to go in rows since there were too many of them. After the fairies it was the mice that also had to go in rows. The group of people who portrayed Clara’s family went after, and then went Augustus James who portrayed Herr Drosselmeyer, Clara’s godfather. The infamous Rat King who was played by their friend Thomas Brown stepped out next. They gave him a standing ovation. Then it was Mavis and Cobain, the pair that played Clara and the Nutcracker.

The audience stood up and clapped as loudly as they could. They heard whistling and some were yelling, “Bravo!” Mavis couldn’t stop smiling. Then she saw her father, who was in the first row, carrying a dozen roses. He seemed the most enthusiastic out of all the other people in the room. She was on the verge of tears when she saw him jumping and throwing a fist in the air shouting, “That’s my daughter!” as proudly as he could. She blew him a kiss and mouthed a thank you to him.

The pairs other best friend, Ava Finch, was also in the first row next to Mavis’s father. She had her professional camera in hand taking various pictures of them just like she had during the performance. She took a break and was shouting “WOO! Go Mav and Coby!” She smirked at the fact she said Coby knowing that Cobain obviously hated that nickname.

The whole crew moved in together and took one last bow before the curtains closed. Their families cheered uncontrollably, friends were taking photographs, and some tears were being shed by not only their family members, but the dancers as well.

In the very back, a curly-haired boy was leaning against the wall waiting for his parents to hurry up so they could go back home. They had come to watch performance. He took out his phone from his pocket and sent a message to his parents telling them to hurry up because he was bored and sleepy. After a couple of minutes, he saw his parents coming towards him.

The Styles’ were just about to exit out until they heard someone calling their names.

“Jerry? Lena? Is that you?”

Charles Endicott stood there in awe. His two best friend, who obviously gotten married, were right there in front of his eyes. The years passed, but they still looked the same.

Harry’s parents rushed over to him and hugged him. As the adults were chatting about how they’ve been and what they’ve been up to, Harry just stood there awkwardly.

“So what are you doing here?” asked Charles, clearly still in shock that Jerry and Lena Styles were right in front of his eyes.

“We just decided to come to Harry’s schools performance of “The Nutcracker.” He tried to talk us out of it, but we came anyway and dragged him along the way.” Harry’s mother said. She was smiling ear to ear. He had never seen him mom smile so big. She motioned him to come over which he did, not wanting to anger her.

“This is him.” Harry looked at Mr. Endicott and nodded quite awkwardly. Charles and him shook hands and said, “Pleased to meet you Harry. I’m Charles.”

“Pleased to meet you, sir.” He said.

“Well what about you Charlie, what are you doing here?” Gerard “Jerry” Styles questioned. “Last time I checked, you weren't a big fan of ballets.”

Charles Endicott chuckled and thought about how although he really wasn't big on ballet because it clearly bored him; he was never bored to watch his daughter, Mavis.

“I actually came to see my daughter perform.” He replied. He watched his friends look at him confused.

“I didn’t know you had a daughter.” Dan couldn’t recall any sort of memory of him and his wife Melody conceiving a child. Hell, he didn’t know Melody was pregnant. Melody? Pregnant? It was impossible. If he remembered correctly, she had told the whole group that she would never plan on having children.

“I do actually. Her name is Mavis Johanna. You just saw her actually; she played the role of Clara.”

Harry’s eyes went wide. He knew the girl, of course. Mavis Johanna Endicott was the girl that took school ballet way too seriously. She would practice every spare minute she had, including in between classes. He had her for a couple of core classes. She was in the dance department and he was in the music department so they only crossed paths when they had to take a history or math class.

“Do you know her, Harry?” Harry looked up and realized it was his mother who asked. She tilted her head and waited for a response. Remembering something that had happened not too long ago, a smirk crept on his face.

“Yes, I have her for a couple classes.”

Of course, that wasn't the absolute reason he knew her.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm trying.